Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2013

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (28) Previous 124 25 2628 Next
CatsFast101

Unregistered

29 Jul 2013, 11:15 pm #481
The 60 was given the updated timetable look, for on board bus leaflets when the 61 was changed. The new timetable, picturing a drifter (60) Versa features both 60/61, but the 60 timetable on its website is still in old style, I'm confused as to why the online hasn't been changed when a new style on exists.
CatsFast101
29 Jul 2013, 11:15 pm #481

The 60 was given the updated timetable look, for on board bus leaflets when the 61 was changed. The new timetable, picturing a drifter (60) Versa features both 60/61, but the 60 timetable on its website is still in old style, I'm confused as to why the online hasn't been changed when a new style on exists.

29 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm #482
(29 Jul 2013, 11:15 pm)CatsFast101 The 60 was given the updated timetable look, for on board bus leaflets when the 61 was changed. The new timetable, picturing a drifter (60) Versa features both 60/61, but the 60 timetable on its website is still in old style, I'm confused as to why the online hasn't been changed when a new style on exists.

Especially as they seem to have deliberately included only the 61 bits of the new leaflet online. Equally confusing though is why they put the 61 on the new timetable as being Drifter branded when the publication of that leaflet coincided with the Cadets being rebranded and the 61 being run by Simplicity branded buses! Would have made more sense to publish the 60 (Drifter) & 61 (Simplicity) separately unless they plan to rebrand the Simplicity Versas to Drifter (taking their time if they are). Much the same with the 39 leaflet being branded Doxford Clipper, then debranding all of the Doxford Clipper buses. There must be method to the madness. Just taking a really really long time to emerge.
Edited 29 Jul 2013, 11:35 pm by stagecoachbusdepot.
stagecoachbusdepot
29 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm #482

(29 Jul 2013, 11:15 pm)CatsFast101 The 60 was given the updated timetable look, for on board bus leaflets when the 61 was changed. The new timetable, picturing a drifter (60) Versa features both 60/61, but the 60 timetable on its website is still in old style, I'm confused as to why the online hasn't been changed when a new style on exists.

Especially as they seem to have deliberately included only the 61 bits of the new leaflet online. Equally confusing though is why they put the 61 on the new timetable as being Drifter branded when the publication of that leaflet coincided with the Cadets being rebranded and the 61 being run by Simplicity branded buses! Would have made more sense to publish the 60 (Drifter) & 61 (Simplicity) separately unless they plan to rebrand the Simplicity Versas to Drifter (taking their time if they are). Much the same with the 39 leaflet being branded Doxford Clipper, then debranding all of the Doxford Clipper buses. There must be method to the madness. Just taking a really really long time to emerge.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

29 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm #483
(29 Jul 2013, 11:31 pm)stagecoachbusdepot

Especially as they seem to have deliberately included only the 61 bits of the new leaflet online. Equally confusing though is why they put the 61 on the new timetable as being Drifter branded when the publication of that leaflet coincided with the Cadets being rebranded and the 61 being run by Simplicity branded buses! Would have made more sense to publish the 60 (Drifter) & 61 (Simplicity) separately unless they plan to rebrand the Simplicity Versas to Drifter (taking their time if they are).
Yeah I know strange that as other joint leaflets have included both or all services. Yeah I think, albeit currently using the simplicity Versa's, the 61 is to be branded drifter soon, I very much suspect the Versa's from the 60 will be allocated to the 61 when the Streetlites arrive.
CatsFast101
29 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm #483

Especially as they seem to have deliberately included only the 61 bits of the new leaflet online. Equally confusing though is why they put the 61 on the new timetable as being Drifter branded when the publication of that leaflet coincided with the Cadets being rebranded and the 61 being run by Simplicity branded buses! Would have made more sense to publish the 60 (Drifter) & 61 (Simplicity) separately unless they plan to rebrand the Simplicity Versas to Drifter (taking their time if they are).
Yeah I know strange that as other joint leaflets have included both or all services. Yeah I think, albeit currently using the simplicity Versa's, the 61 is to be branded drifter soon, I very much suspect the Versa's from the 60 will be allocated to the 61 when the Streetlites arrive.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 6:15 am #484
(29 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm)CatsFast101

Hit the nail on the head. A temporary allocation until new vehicles arrive for services and subsequent vehicle transfers and/or repaints can occur, is all it will be.
I'm hoping that another timetable change will come into play by the time the Streetlites arrive. I really dislike how brand identity is lost on Sundays, and it just looks awful to have buses passed around everywhere.
If the services had to interwork, I'd prefer to see an unbranded service interwork with a branded one, and then the unbranded service would have a vehicle upgrade.

Would it be possible to interwork the 26A with the 42, and go back to having similar timings as before so the 60/61 interwork and 2A/2C is standalone? If the 2A/C continues to interwork with the 61 when the new vehicles arrive, customers will be having a vehicle downgrade - Euro 5 to Euro 4... Doesn't seem sensible.
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 6:15 am #484

Hit the nail on the head. A temporary allocation until new vehicles arrive for services and subsequent vehicle transfers and/or repaints can occur, is all it will be.
I'm hoping that another timetable change will come into play by the time the Streetlites arrive. I really dislike how brand identity is lost on Sundays, and it just looks awful to have buses passed around everywhere.
If the services had to interwork, I'd prefer to see an unbranded service interwork with a branded one, and then the unbranded service would have a vehicle upgrade.

Would it be possible to interwork the 26A with the 42, and go back to having similar timings as before so the 60/61 interwork and 2A/2C is standalone? If the 2A/C continues to interwork with the 61 when the new vehicles arrive, customers will be having a vehicle downgrade - Euro 5 to Euro 4... Doesn't seem sensible.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

30 Jul 2013, 8:40 am #485
(30 Jul 2013, 6:15 am)Daniel

I'm also puzzled why the 61/2A/2C doesn't make use of the silver arrows Ciatro's. Possibly just my opinion, but if there's say 6 vehicles need for a Sunday why not have 3 silver arrows and 3 simplicity vehicles, therefore there would still be some correct branding on a Sunday. To be honest, it seems like GNE are seen the simplicity brand as more generic brand rather the more route specific ones like drifter, silver arrows, prince bishops. As the simplicity vehicles have ended up on the 61, 2A, 2C, 26A aswell as its offical services 36 & 42. Could we see simplicity been used as anew generic brand.
CatsFast101
30 Jul 2013, 8:40 am #485

I'm also puzzled why the 61/2A/2C doesn't make use of the silver arrows Ciatro's. Possibly just my opinion, but if there's say 6 vehicles need for a Sunday why not have 3 silver arrows and 3 simplicity vehicles, therefore there would still be some correct branding on a Sunday. To be honest, it seems like GNE are seen the simplicity brand as more generic brand rather the more route specific ones like drifter, silver arrows, prince bishops. As the simplicity vehicles have ended up on the 61, 2A, 2C, 26A aswell as its offical services 36 & 42. Could we see simplicity been used as anew generic brand.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 9:35 am #486
(30 Jul 2013, 8:40 am)CatsFast101

Just so we're not merging speculation and the like into this thread rather than a more appropriate thread we have, I've drafted out a few suggestions (including my reply to your post) in this post.
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 9:35 am #486

(30 Jul 2013, 8:40 am)CatsFast101

Just so we're not merging speculation and the like into this thread rather than a more appropriate thread we have, I've drafted out a few suggestions (including my reply to your post) in this post.

legend

Unregistered

30 Jul 2013, 10:29 am #487
Real Radio bus... (I've forgotten fleet no.) on ye olde highwayman 97 arriving Gateshead Interchange toward Newcastle now (1125)
legend
30 Jul 2013, 10:29 am #487

Real Radio bus... (I've forgotten fleet no.) on ye olde highwayman 97 arriving Gateshead Interchange toward Newcastle now (1125)

BJ10VUS

30 Jul 2013, 10:30 am #488
(30 Jul 2013, 10:29 am)the pilot Real Radio bus... (I've forgotten fleet no.) on ye olde highwayman 97 arriving Gateshead Interchange toward Newcastle now (1125)

3964. It really seems to be getting around the routes!
BJ10VUS
30 Jul 2013, 10:30 am #488

(30 Jul 2013, 10:29 am)the pilot Real Radio bus... (I've forgotten fleet no.) on ye olde highwayman 97 arriving Gateshead Interchange toward Newcastle now (1125)

3964. It really seems to be getting around the routes!

legend

Unregistered

30 Jul 2013, 10:39 am #489
564 on QEH Shuttle leaving car park now (1138)
legend
30 Jul 2013, 10:39 am #489

564 on QEH Shuttle leaving car park now (1138)

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 10:46 am #490
(30 Jul 2013, 10:39 am)the pilot 564 on QEH Shuttle leaving car park now (1138)

Previous mystery solved as to where 564 is at! I've not seen 563 either (the "QEH" branded MPD), so if 564 is presumably covering for 563, where's 563?
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 10:46 am #490

(30 Jul 2013, 10:39 am)the pilot 564 on QEH Shuttle leaving car park now (1138)

Previous mystery solved as to where 564 is at! I've not seen 563 either (the "QEH" branded MPD), so if 564 is presumably covering for 563, where's 563?

Chris

30 Jul 2013, 11:38 am #491
That said, 564 has been missing from the 27X lately - could be related? I haven't seen her in either Saltmeadows or Sunderland Road either.
[/quote]

563 has been missing from the QE staff shuttle recently (since last Thursday I think). 564 and the odd solo have deputised.
Chris
30 Jul 2013, 11:38 am #491

That said, 564 has been missing from the 27X lately - could be related? I haven't seen her in either Saltmeadows or Sunderland Road either.
[/quote]

563 has been missing from the QE staff shuttle recently (since last Thursday I think). 564 and the odd solo have deputised.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 11:43 am #492
(30 Jul 2013, 11:38 am)Chris 563 has been missing from the QE staff shuttle recently (since last Thursday I think). 564 and the odd solo have deputised.

Discovered that in the previous post I made when @the pilot told us 564 was on the QEH shuttle.
New mystery is definitely 'Where is 563?' :p
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 11:43 am #492

(30 Jul 2013, 11:38 am)Chris 563 has been missing from the QE staff shuttle recently (since last Thursday I think). 564 and the odd solo have deputised.

Discovered that in the previous post I made when @the pilot told us 564 was on the QEH shuttle.
New mystery is definitely 'Where is 563?' :p

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm #493
No movements according to Fleet Allocation this week, but it may be worth noting that 6028 (Washington-based President) appeared on the "Whey Aye Five 0" service 50 today.
Could this be covering for a breakdown in the Washington area and on temporary loan to Chester-le-Street, or do we think it's an official transfer which hasn't been noted on Fleet Allocation?

[Image: 934639_504515769617878_862568275_n.jpg]
Photo credit to "Anthony Armitage" on Facebook.
Image source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=504515769617878&set=gm.412850748830399&type=1&theater
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm #493

No movements according to Fleet Allocation this week, but it may be worth noting that 6028 (Washington-based President) appeared on the "Whey Aye Five 0" service 50 today.
Could this be covering for a breakdown in the Washington area and on temporary loan to Chester-le-Street, or do we think it's an official transfer which hasn't been noted on Fleet Allocation?

Image source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=504515769617878&set=gm.412850748830399&type=1&theater

Andreos1

30 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm #494
For the two vehicles being the same age etc its amazing how different 4912 and 4920 actually are.
Got off an X35 which ran smoothly, was in decent nick internally and externally to jump on an M1 which was scruffy internally and externally (possibly shattering the windows of every building it passed due to its squeaky breaks).
Andreos1
30 Jul 2013, 3:02 pm #494

For the two vehicles being the same age etc its amazing how different 4912 and 4920 actually are.
Got off an X35 which ran smoothly, was in decent nick internally and externally to jump on an M1 which was scruffy internally and externally (possibly shattering the windows of every building it passed due to its squeaky breaks).

Kuyoyo

30 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm #495
A set of odd workings on the OK1 today - 'Northern' Scania 4944 on the 1305 from Middlesbrough and 'Pronto' B7TL 6024 on the 1505 from Middlesbrough.
Kuyoyo
30 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm #495

A set of odd workings on the OK1 today - 'Northern' Scania 4944 on the 1305 from Middlesbrough and 'Pronto' B7TL 6024 on the 1505 from Middlesbrough.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm #496
Anyone else remember when a Pronto on the OK1 was almost unheard of? Seems to happen every other day now!
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm #496

Anyone else remember when a Pronto on the OK1 was almost unheard of? Seems to happen every other day now!

BJ10VUS

30 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm #497
(30 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm)Daniel Anyone else remember when a Pronto on the OK1 was almost unheard of? Seems to happen every other day now!

Well, just a few more days to go before it's gone completely!
BJ10VUS
30 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm #497

(30 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm)Daniel Anyone else remember when a Pronto on the OK1 was almost unheard of? Seems to happen every other day now!

Well, just a few more days to go before it's gone completely!

Malarkey

30 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm #498
(30 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm)Daniel No movements according to Fleet Allocation this week, but it may be worth noting that 6028 (Washington-based President) appeared on the "Whey Aye Five 0" service 50 today.

I'd say a Loan as a Similar Thing has happened in the past, with Metrolink Solar going on the 50 as can be seen on July 4th 2012 http://www.flickr.com/photos/76984289@N04/7500935478/

Another one was a Metrolink on the 56 a day loan before being branded on March 18th 2010
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55509539@N0...ist-9RmL9m

There is a few more on top
So there is two examples of Breakdown in the Washington Area, and a Washington Based Bus covering for another Depots Service. There is a few more on top of these examples.

With constant problems with the Wheyaye50 over past year or so in terms of reliability, I still think maybe some of the Omnicitys off the Coaster may go on the 50, despite everyone saying it is a re-brand of the Service. I can't really see GNE continuing to let this issue go on and on for much longer.
Malarkey
30 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm #498

(30 Jul 2013, 2:51 pm)Daniel No movements according to Fleet Allocation this week, but it may be worth noting that 6028 (Washington-based President) appeared on the "Whey Aye Five 0" service 50 today.

I'd say a Loan as a Similar Thing has happened in the past, with Metrolink Solar going on the 50 as can be seen on July 4th 2012 http://www.flickr.com/photos/76984289@N04/7500935478/

Another one was a Metrolink on the 56 a day loan before being branded on March 18th 2010
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55509539@N0...ist-9RmL9m

There is a few more on top
So there is two examples of Breakdown in the Washington Area, and a Washington Based Bus covering for another Depots Service. There is a few more on top of these examples.

With constant problems with the Wheyaye50 over past year or so in terms of reliability, I still think maybe some of the Omnicitys off the Coaster may go on the 50, despite everyone saying it is a re-brand of the Service. I can't really see GNE continuing to let this issue go on and on for much longer.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm #499
In regards to your last comment, plans aren't going to change for the Coasters just because of the reliability of other vehicles for a different brand. Chester's engineers can deal with the issues in-house and send out one of their 25 "Northern" branded vehicles to cover for it. I'm fairly sure we had the rumour confirmed that the "Coaster" brand was just being updated, and I speculated that red Omnicity 5261 would join the brand also to provide the additional vehicle required by the upcoming service 1/service 24 changes. Who knows... there may even be one or two more plans in place too?
I don't use the 50 that regularly, but I know those Scanias aren't too pleasant to ride when it's a hot day, and then they suffer from additional problems because of the heat also. The brand was fairly expensive to produce, so I don't see them getting rid of the Scanias for a while yet when other brands/vehicles are of greater priority.
Dan
30 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm #499

In regards to your last comment, plans aren't going to change for the Coasters just because of the reliability of other vehicles for a different brand. Chester's engineers can deal with the issues in-house and send out one of their 25 "Northern" branded vehicles to cover for it. I'm fairly sure we had the rumour confirmed that the "Coaster" brand was just being updated, and I speculated that red Omnicity 5261 would join the brand also to provide the additional vehicle required by the upcoming service 1/service 24 changes. Who knows... there may even be one or two more plans in place too?
I don't use the 50 that regularly, but I know those Scanias aren't too pleasant to ride when it's a hot day, and then they suffer from additional problems because of the heat also. The brand was fairly expensive to produce, so I don't see them getting rid of the Scanias for a while yet when other brands/vehicles are of greater priority.

park5354

30 Jul 2013, 5:22 pm #500
(29 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm)Adam Malarkey I have a one one for the 98/98A, Which I picked up on Friday in Chester le Street Travel Office and is dated from 28 July 2013, No other Travel Offices have them so far. As for the 99 I have that also, dated 2 June 2013.

All Updated Gateshead Timetables are available at Chester as can be seen in the Image attached Below(Gateshead Routes Only) Hope This Helps.

Gateshead Travel Shop has new leaflets for changes from last weekend (except 11/11A).
park5354
30 Jul 2013, 5:22 pm #500

(29 Jul 2013, 10:03 pm)Adam Malarkey I have a one one for the 98/98A, Which I picked up on Friday in Chester le Street Travel Office and is dated from 28 July 2013, No other Travel Offices have them so far. As for the 99 I have that also, dated 2 June 2013.

All Updated Gateshead Timetables are available at Chester as can be seen in the Image attached Below(Gateshead Routes Only) Hope This Helps.

Gateshead Travel Shop has new leaflets for changes from last weekend (except 11/11A).

Pages (28) Previous 124 25 2628 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average