You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

What's annoying you today? V2

RE: What's annoying you today? V2
(10 Feb 2015, 8:07 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Was called an extreme sexist by my design teacher...

We have been doing sewing for a month now, and I just can't grasp it. I was getting frustrated so I said 'My mam can sew, my grandma can, but my dad can't and neither can I - so it seems to be more of a talent with females rather than males'...her response 'that's extremely sexist, go before I lose it with you.

F***ing emo.

She has a point though.

If you were to join the army, or to become a medical doctor, you would have to learn to sew.

(10 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote She has a point though.

If you were to join the army, or to become a medical doctor, you would have to learn to sew.

Fair enough, but she seemed to overreact. I was quiet when I said it, not as though I shouted it across the classroom. I only said it to her and not the whole class in a big discussion.

'Go before I lose it with you'...it's not like I was saying it specifically offend her, God...I feel like women seriously overreact to even the mildest of sexism...even when it isn't intended!

And I don't think I would be suited to either of those occupations.
Marxista Fozzski
(10 Feb 2015, 9:13 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Fair enough, but she seemed to overreact. I was quiet when I said it, not as though I shouted it across the classroom. I only said it to her and not the whole class in a big discussion.

'Go before I lose it with you'...it's not like I was saying it specifically offend her, God...I feel like women seriously overreact to even the mildest of sexism...even when it isn't intended!

And I don't think I would be suited to either of those occupations.
Whatever context you said it in does not take away the fact you did say it, and nabbed saying it, I feel it may be a bit of an over reaction by your teacher, and some people will play the Sexism Card very quickly, in the same way people use the race card in supposed racist incidents.

Just be careful what you say in future, and think before anything passes your lips Big Grin
(10 Feb 2015, 9:22 pm)MrFozz wrote Whatever context you said it in does not take away the fact you did say it, and nabbed saying it, I feel it may be a bit of an over reaction by your teacher, and some people will play the Sexism Card very quickly, in the same way people use the race card in supposed racist incidents.

Just be careful what you say in future, and think before anything passes your lips Big Grin

I feel like 'extreme sexist' was a bit much...

*People* (better not say women, that'll cause an international crisis!!) always play the sexism card, specially that gender.

Why have freedom of speech when you can't say things that someone will dismiss as either sexist or racist? Seriously, why? Some say there's 'freedom of speech' then taking advantage of it, I feel like getting a dictionary flicking it through to 'freedom' and shoving it in their eyes so they can see!!
Marxista Fozzski
(10 Feb 2015, 9:28 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote I feel like 'extreme sexist' was a bit much...

*People* (better not say women, that'll cause an international crisis!!) always play the sexism card, specially that gender.

Why have freedom of speech when you can't say things that someone will dismiss as either sexist or racist? Seriously, why? Some say there's 'freedom of speech' then taking advantage of it, I feel like getting a dictionary flicking it through to 'freedom' and shoving it in their eyes so they can see!!
Calling you an extreme sexist is a bit OTT I must say, but ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is a sexist remark

There is free speech and there is going over the top, If I run round calling people p**i or n****r or use words like Kike or Yid and saying derogatory things about minorities, I will be called out for racism/anti-semitism regardless of whether I have a right to free speech or not...

It is an easy card to play as words can very easy be taken out of context, just see it as a lesson learnt and think about what you say...

I myself have been known to put my foot in it at times, I was racist to a shopowner once when I was 14 and drunk, he did not say anything, he chased me, grabbed hold of me and broke my foot, now thats extreme Big Grin
(10 Feb 2015, 9:41 pm)MrFozz wrote Calling you an extreme sexist is a bit OTT I must say, but ultimately, whether you like it or not, it is a sexist remark

There is free speech and there is going over the top, If I run round calling people p**i or n****r or use words like Kike or Yid and saying derogatory things about minorities, I will be called out for racism/anti-semitism regardless of whether I have a right to free speech or not...

It is an easy card to play as words can very easy be taken out of context, just see it as a lesson learnt and think about what you say...

I myself have been known to put my foot in it at times, I was racist to a shopowner once when I was 14 and drunk, he did not say anything, he chased me, grabbed hold of me and broke my foot, now thats extreme Big Grin

Okay. Thanks Fozz. Smile She's a b**** to begin with though, she's really friendly to some but then she's awful to others. I don't know what it is about me but some teachers just see me as a painful cheeky prick who puts on a 'posh voice' to sound smarter than I am...
Marxista Fozzski
(10 Feb 2015, 10:00 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Okay. Thanks Fozz. Smile She's a b**** to begin with though, she's really friendly to some but then she's awful to others. I don't know what it is about me but some teachers just see me as a painful cheeky prick who puts on a 'posh voice' to sound smarter than I am...
I always found it can be the tone of your voice, if you have a 'posh' accent, I know people who think 'posh' people are arrogant, cocky and up there own arses, and people mis-interpret what you say by taking your words out of context...If you supposedly put a posh voice on, then you must be very good at it, I fine people who try to speak almost certainly cannot keep it up for long and will always slip back into there own accent
(10 Feb 2015, 10:07 pm)MrFozz wrote I always found it can be the tone of your voice, if you have a 'posh' accent, I know people who think 'posh' people are arrogant, cocky and up there own arses, and people mis-interpret what you say by taking your words out of context...If you supposedly put a posh voice on, then you must be very good at it, I fine people who try to speak almost certainly cannot keep it up for long and will always slip back into there own accent

I do live in a nice area as I've said before, and obviously secondary school can change your dialect through seeing the way over people talk...so sometimes I do throw on a bit of a North Eastern hint to my voice, although it is mainly pretty well-spoken. Perhaps Tom can vouch for my voice sounded, when we met up - can you tell me how I sounded? Tongue

So yeah, I would say I have a well-spoken manner of speaking most of the time - just when I say 'aye' rather than yes or yeah people tend to think I slip up.
Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

Haven't long been back from the doctors.

I was asked if I wouldn't mind seeing a student nurse. Struggling to hide the excitement, I replied "of course not".

Not sure I was able to hide my disappointment when a bloke in an unironed shirt walked in...
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(11 Feb 2015, 11:27 am)Andreos1 wrote Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

I was asked if I wouldn't mind seeing a student nurse. Struggling to hide the excitement, I replied "of course not".

Not sure I was able to hide my disappointment when a bloke in an unironed shirt walked in...

Hahaha, that's unlucky
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Feb 2015, 11:27 am)Andreos1 wrote Not really annoying, but more frustrating more than anything else.

The way to pronounce male nurses is "MALE NURSES!"
(12 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm)MrFozz wrote Does anyone else think this driver is showing me his sign language skills

[Image: b07ca5824016d65c346fe7793fa52228.jpg]

One thing that annoys me is ignorance and arseholes

Scratching an itch or possibly taking his badge of the wayfarer?
(12 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm)MrFozz wrote Does anyone else think this driver is showing me his sign language skills

[Image: b07ca5824016d65c346fe7793fa52228.jpg]

One thing that annoys me is ignorance and arseholes

Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria bus driver swore at him
(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Davie wrote Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria swore at him

A bus swore at him? Do you mean a bus driver swore at him?

Get him to publish the photo in the "Have you ever..." thread.
Marxista Fozzski
(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Scratching an itch or possibly taking his badge of the wayfarer?

(12 Feb 2015, 1:01 pm)Davie wrote Last year when me and Lee went to Carlisle (the first time) A Stagecoach Cumbria swore at him
I have been told where to go by a few drivers in the past, one even threatened to run me over in Durham Bus Station about 15 years ago Big Grin

When I took that photo this morning I just noticed his hand out the corner of my eye actually thought he was flipping me off or calling me a wanker
Marxista Fozzski
(12 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote A bus swore at him? Do you mean a bus driver swore at him?

Get him to publish the photo in the "Have you ever..." thread.
One of those vehicles that has a voice when reversing 'please stand clear' or something only this time it said 'Lee, will you fuck off'
(12 Feb 2015, 1:04 pm)MrFozz wrote I have been told where to go by a few drivers in the past, one even threatened to run me over in Durham Bus Station about 15 years ago Big Grin

When I took that photo this morning I just noticed his hand out the corner of my eye actually thought he was flipping me off or calling me a wanker

Or he might be calling you a tosser?

I've currently got one Ashington driver who argues with me and flips the V in all my photos, I've told him that I can blur his face out, if I publish it to the Internet.
(12 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Or he might be calling you a tosser?

I've currently got one Ashington driver who argues with me and flips the V in all my photos, I've told him that I can blur his face out, if I publish it to the Internet.

Never go to Stanley and try and photo Hunter's of Tantobie service 713 then as most days the driver will pull the visor down and show you his sign language skills.

In fact just never go to Stanley.
(12 Feb 2015, 1:11 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I've currently got one Ashington driver who argues with me and flips the V in all my photos, I've told him that I can blur his face out, if I publish it to the Internet.

If you're going to the trouble of blurring the drivers' face if you decide to upload the photograph to the internet, then would it not be easier just to avoid taking photos of vehicles if that particular individual happens to be driving?
(12 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm)MurdnunoC wrote If you're going to the trouble of blurring the drivers' face if you decide to upload the photograph to the internet, then would it not be easier just to avoid taking photos of vehicles if that particular individual happens to be driving?

I tend to go by the thinking of if they want to make themselves look a twat then thats fine... Nothing to get worked up about, just let them get on with it

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(12 Feb 2015, 1:42 pm)tyresmoke wrote I tend to go by the thinking of if they want to make themselves look a twat then thats fine... Nothing to get worked up about, just let them get on with it

Absolutely. And I agree, people shouldn't get worked up about it.

However, unless I've misunderstood Tommy's posts, there's a particular driver at Ashington with whom Tommy has had arguments with in the past - presumably over the issue of photography. This driver has made it known that he/she doesn't want to be photographed. If you were in the same situation, would you continue to take photographs of buses being driven by this driver?
(12 Feb 2015, 1:19 pm)Jimmi wrote Never go to Stanley and try and photo Hunter's of Tantobie service 713 then as most days the driver will pull the visor down and show you his sign language skills.

In fact just never go to Stanley.

Hmm, I'll go to Stanley, go and get a photo of service 713, film the driver having a rant, then go back to see Fuckyoffy at Blyth and Fuckyoffy II at Ashington.

Sounds like a great day! Big Grin
(12 Feb 2015, 1:58 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Absolutely. And I agree, people shouldn't get worked up about it.

However, unless I've misunderstood Tommy's posts, there's a particular driver at Ashington with whom Tommy has had arguments with in the past - presumably over the issue of photography. This driver has made it known that he/she doesn't want to be photographed. If you were in the same situation, would you continue to take photographs of buses being driven by this driver?

Na, he just likes a good rant about me taking photos (in general). I've got multiple photos of him flipping the V, and I'll upload them if he has a rant again.
Marxista Fozzski
(12 Feb 2015, 2:05 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote Na, he just likes a good rant about me taking photos (in general). I've got multiple photos of him flipping the V, and I'll upload them if he has a rant again.

If the driver is flipping you off and swearing at you, that is bad customer service, very bad, you should report him...

To me it is conduct unbecoming, he is bringing his employers into disrepute
I rarely have issues with drivers giving me problems over photoing, then again, it's been some time since I've photographed a bus.

Anyway whats annoying me is that my car decided it has had enough and is in the midst of terminal engine failiure (well the engine hasn't gone yet, but will go bang soon). So I have to get a new car, which I've got, but if I don't get it on Friday, then I won't be able to make the tournament in Manchester on Saturday. Nor do I get to see my partner until Sunday as they are off to the tournament too (in the back up car), but they have to wait until sunday to get their present off me.

On the plus side I'm getting a new car. LOL.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Site Administrator
(12 Feb 2015, 9:04 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I rarely have issues with drivers giving me problems over photoing, then again, it's been some time since I've photographed a bus.

Anyway whats annoying me is that my car decided it has had enough and is in the midst of terminal engine failiure (well the engine hasn't gone yet, but will go bang soon). So I have to get a new car, which I've got, but if I don't get it on Friday, then I won't be able to make the tournament in Manchester on Saturday. Nor do I get to see my partner until Sunday as they are off to the tournament too (in the back up car), but they have to wait until sunday to get their present off me.

On the plus side I'm getting a new car. LOL.

Better be a damn good present with it being late or you'll be in her bad books!