North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (239) Previous 189 90 91239 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Feb 2015, 5:33 pm #1,781
(14 Feb 2015, 5:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Just trying to defend my hometown. A lot of people get the impression that people from Chester-le-Street are all scruffs, I'd like to see this kid's local area in comparison!

Stereotyping or not, I still find it to be a bit unfair on a lot of us.

Chester-le-Street has some very posh areas, but while it does have some bad places, it is overall a nice place, and I have enjoyed living here for the entire of my life. I couldn't imagine living somewhere else.
Same with most places has it's good areas and bad areas...I happen to live in a bad area, the whole of East Durham is a shithole, lol with probably one of the most poverty-stricken areas in Britain, possibly also Western Europe
MrFozz
14 Feb 2015, 5:33 pm #1,781

(14 Feb 2015, 5:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Just trying to defend my hometown. A lot of people get the impression that people from Chester-le-Street are all scruffs, I'd like to see this kid's local area in comparison!

Stereotyping or not, I still find it to be a bit unfair on a lot of us.

Chester-le-Street has some very posh areas, but while it does have some bad places, it is overall a nice place, and I have enjoyed living here for the entire of my life. I couldn't imagine living somewhere else.
Same with most places has it's good areas and bad areas...I happen to live in a bad area, the whole of East Durham is a shithole, lol with probably one of the most poverty-stricken areas in Britain, possibly also Western Europe

14 Feb 2015, 5:38 pm #1,782
(14 Feb 2015, 5:33 pm)MrFozz Same with most places has it's good areas and bad areas...I happen to live in a bad area, the whole of East Durham is a shithole, lol with probably one of the most poverty-stricken areas in Britain, possibly also Western Europe

Not much an East Durham expert, can't tell you the last time I went that way from Durham.

What annoys me though, is that Tommy has probably visited Chester-le-Street a handful of times in his life, and got an impression after watching scruffy people standing on the stalls in the market (which, may I add, is, while manned by a lot of scruffy people, a staple to the area in my opinion) and just assumed we are all like that.

I'd like to second what Adam says, if you venture out and explore parts of an area - you'll soon find only a small minority of it's population is what ruins the area itself due to stereotyping.

I could say the same about Ashington, but I've decided not to on account of the fact that I don't live there, go there often, or associate with people from there.
Edited 14 Feb 2015, 5:40 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
14 Feb 2015, 5:38 pm #1,782

(14 Feb 2015, 5:33 pm)MrFozz Same with most places has it's good areas and bad areas...I happen to live in a bad area, the whole of East Durham is a shithole, lol with probably one of the most poverty-stricken areas in Britain, possibly also Western Europe

Not much an East Durham expert, can't tell you the last time I went that way from Durham.

What annoys me though, is that Tommy has probably visited Chester-le-Street a handful of times in his life, and got an impression after watching scruffy people standing on the stalls in the market (which, may I add, is, while manned by a lot of scruffy people, a staple to the area in my opinion) and just assumed we are all like that.

I'd like to second what Adam says, if you venture out and explore parts of an area - you'll soon find only a small minority of it's population is what ruins the area itself due to stereotyping.

I could say the same about Ashington, but I've decided not to on account of the fact that I don't live there, go there often, or associate with people from there.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Feb 2015, 5:42 pm #1,783
(14 Feb 2015, 5:36 pm)Adam ah thanks very much.... Must say, it is only a small minority, not everyone as you imply.

There's two things in the world everyone should not be: Judgemental and Stereotypical. It paints a very bad picture.

That it does, had to deal with being looked down upon, judged, stereotyped and stigmatised for years, because I was in Care as a kid, everyone suddenly thought I was a troublemaker, a Smack head, an Alcoholic who liked to commit crimes everyday...I have also been found guilty by association many times, a couple of lads I know ended up going to jail for paedophilia and it did not happen often, we would get dragged into arguments with people who tbought care systems with populated Nonces, Rapists and Murderers
MrFozz
14 Feb 2015, 5:42 pm #1,783

(14 Feb 2015, 5:36 pm)Adam ah thanks very much.... Must say, it is only a small minority, not everyone as you imply.

There's two things in the world everyone should not be: Judgemental and Stereotypical. It paints a very bad picture.

That it does, had to deal with being looked down upon, judged, stereotyped and stigmatised for years, because I was in Care as a kid, everyone suddenly thought I was a troublemaker, a Smack head, an Alcoholic who liked to commit crimes everyday...I have also been found guilty by association many times, a couple of lads I know ended up going to jail for paedophilia and it did not happen often, we would get dragged into arguments with people who tbought care systems with populated Nonces, Rapists and Murderers

14 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm #1,784
Is it "be against Tommy" time today?

I'm sick of people taking my jokes seriously, then replying with snotty crap.
omnicity4659
14 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm #1,784

Is it "be against Tommy" time today?

14 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm #1,785
(14 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm)Tommy_1581 Is it "be against Tommy" time today?

I won't go any further, unless provoked, - but let's say - if you put some bait on the line, the fish is going to pull on it.
R852 PRG
14 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm #1,785

(14 Feb 2015, 5:55 pm)Tommy_1581 Is it "be against Tommy" time today?

I won't go any further, unless provoked, - but let's say - if you put some bait on the line, the fish is going to pull on it.

14 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm #1,786
(14 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm)MarcTheA4 I won't go any further, unless provoked, - but let's say - if you put some bait on the line, the fish is going to pull on it.

Would I have got the same crappy responses if I put a " Tongue " on the end of my OP?
omnicity4659
14 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm #1,786

(14 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm)MarcTheA4 I won't go any further, unless provoked, - but let's say - if you put some bait on the line, the fish is going to pull on it.

Would I have got the same crappy responses if I put a " Tongue " on the end of my OP?

14 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm #1,787
(14 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm)Tommy_1581 Would I have got the same crappy responses if I put a " Tongue " on the end of my OP?

Probably not. Because then it would be seen as a joke, even if it isn't too funny for me, who has to face stereotyping like this from quite a few people.

I would still take some offence, how would you like it if someone said to you 'everyone from Ashington is scruffy, worse than most places'? I imagine you would take a bit of offence...as it's your home...

I rest my case.
R852 PRG
14 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm #1,787

(14 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm)Tommy_1581 Would I have got the same crappy responses if I put a " Tongue " on the end of my OP?

Probably not. Because then it would be seen as a joke, even if it isn't too funny for me, who has to face stereotyping like this from quite a few people.

I would still take some offence, how would you like it if someone said to you 'everyone from Ashington is scruffy, worse than most places'? I imagine you would take a bit of offence...as it's your home...

I rest my case.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm #1,788
I dont mind stereotyping sometimes, as long as it is good natured banter, it would only become a problem for me when I heard it over and over again, which I have since 9 years old...At Chorister School, it was assumed everyone on a Council Estate were on the dole who pissed there money up, in Care, what I above applied, I was a out of control teenage criminal.

I dont mind using stereotypes, but can take it to an extent, some that amuse me are:-

The Irish...Terrorists
The Scottish...Tight Fisted Alcobolics who look like Rab C Nesbitt
Americans...Completely Ignorant in the eyes of the world
British...We live in castles, have bad teeth and constantly drink tea
French...Cheese, Eating, Garlic Smelling Surrender Monkeys who wear funny hats
Hartlepool...Thick as pig shit...They did hang a monkey
London...Wide boys, like Del Boy Trotter
Liverpool...Jobless and stuck on benefits

😀😀😀
MrFozz
14 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm #1,788

I dont mind stereotyping sometimes, as long as it is good natured banter, it would only become a problem for me when I heard it over and over again, which I have since 9 years old...At Chorister School, it was assumed everyone on a Council Estate were on the dole who pissed there money up, in Care, what I above applied, I was a out of control teenage criminal.

I dont mind using stereotypes, but can take it to an extent, some that amuse me are:-

The Irish...Terrorists

😀😀😀

14 Feb 2015, 6:11 pm #1,789
(14 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm)MarcTheA4 Probably not. Because then it would be seen as a joke, even if it isn't too funny for me, who has to face stereotyping like this from quite a few people.

I rest my case.

I don't take offence in your comments about Ashington, all I have to do is look out the window, and there's some scruffy chavs taking cannabis.
omnicity4659
14 Feb 2015, 6:11 pm #1,789

(14 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm)MarcTheA4 Probably not. Because then it would be seen as a joke, even if it isn't too funny for me, who has to face stereotyping like this from quite a few people.

I rest my case.

I don't take offence in your comments about Ashington, all I have to do is look out the window, and there's some scruffy chavs taking cannabis.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

14 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm #1,790
Lets leave it at that guys...

We have made our thoughts known now, time to move on Smile
MrFozz
14 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm #1,790

Lets leave it at that guys...

We have made our thoughts known now, time to move on Smile

DanPicken

Banned

14 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm #1,791
(14 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm)MrFozz I dont mind stereotyping sometimes, as long as it is good natured banter, it would only become a problem for me when I heard it over and over again, which I have since 9 years old...At Chorister School, it was assumed everyone on a Council Estate were on the dole who pissed there money up, in Care, what I above applied, I was a out of control teenage criminal.

The Irish...Terrorists

???

Was going to say something about that but I won't.
DanPicken
14 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm #1,791

(14 Feb 2015, 6:10 pm)MrFozz I dont mind stereotyping sometimes, as long as it is good natured banter, it would only become a problem for me when I heard it over and over again, which I have since 9 years old...At Chorister School, it was assumed everyone on a Council Estate were on the dole who pissed there money up, in Care, what I above applied, I was a out of control teenage criminal.

The Irish...Terrorists

???

Was going to say something about that but I won't.

15 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm #1,792
Looks like I'm free for a few hours tomorrow morning, probably just from 9-12. I think I'll have a tiny little Get Around, head to my grandma's for lunch then walk back along to my house for the afternoon. My mam's at work, so I can't have a full day out.

Any suggestions on what to do? I was thinking of getting the 36 to Houghton, the 4 to Washington, the revised 82/82A to Concord then see where I feel like going after. I'll be taking my camera with me! Wink
R852 PRG
15 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm #1,792

Looks like I'm free for a few hours tomorrow morning, probably just from 9-12. I think I'll have a tiny little Get Around, head to my grandma's for lunch then walk back along to my house for the afternoon. My mam's at work, so I can't have a full day out.

Any suggestions on what to do? I was thinking of getting the 36 to Houghton, the 4 to Washington, the revised 82/82A to Concord then see where I feel like going after. I'll be taking my camera with me! Wink

Tom

15 Feb 2015, 5:46 pm #1,793
(15 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm)MarcTheA4 Looks like I'm free for a few hours tomorrow morning, probably just from 9-12. I think I'll have a tiny little Get Around, head to my grandma's for lunch then walk back along to my house for the afternoon. My mam's at work, so I can't have a full day out.

Instead of the 82 or 82A to Concord, you could get it to Birtley, as the route hasn't changed from Concord-Washington. Maybe you could get a 28 back to Chester from Birtley? 
Tom
15 Feb 2015, 5:46 pm #1,793

(15 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm)MarcTheA4 Looks like I'm free for a few hours tomorrow morning, probably just from 9-12. I think I'll have a tiny little Get Around, head to my grandma's for lunch then walk back along to my house for the afternoon. My mam's at work, so I can't have a full day out.

Instead of the 82 or 82A to Concord, you could get it to Birtley, as the route hasn't changed from Concord-Washington. Maybe you could get a 28 back to Chester from Birtley? 

15 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm #1,794
(15 Feb 2015, 5:46 pm)Tom Instead of the 82 or 82A to Concord, you could get it to Birtley, as the route hasn't changed from Concord-Washington. Maybe you could get a 28 back to Chester from Birtley? 

I think I'd just be after a ride on the 82 or 82A for the novelty of having rode it after its big changes.

Might get a 56 to Sunderland then a 78 home?
R852 PRG
15 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm #1,794

(15 Feb 2015, 5:46 pm)Tom Instead of the 82 or 82A to Concord, you could get it to Birtley, as the route hasn't changed from Concord-Washington. Maybe you could get a 28 back to Chester from Birtley? 

I think I'd just be after a ride on the 82 or 82A for the novelty of having rode it after its big changes.

citaro5284

15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm #1,795

You should be stopping in and keeping the puppy company
citaro5284
15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm #1,795

You should be stopping in and keeping the puppy company

Tom

15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm #1,796
(15 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm)MarcTheA4 I think I'd just be after a ride on the 82 or 82A for the novelty of having rode it after its big changes.

Ah okay Smile

You could continue on the 82 to Heworth, then get a 93 to Saltmeadows (for a few photos), then a 93 to Gateshead then a bus back to Chester?
Tom
15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm #1,796

(15 Feb 2015, 5:47 pm)MarcTheA4 I think I'd just be after a ride on the 82 or 82A for the novelty of having rode it after its big changes.

Ah okay Smile

You could continue on the 82 to Heworth, then get a 93 to Saltmeadows (for a few photos), then a 93 to Gateshead then a bus back to Chester?

15 Feb 2015, 5:50 pm #1,797
(15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm)Tom Ah okay Smile

I'll just see what I feel like doing when I leave the house, but thanks anyway. Smile
R852 PRG
15 Feb 2015, 5:50 pm #1,797

(15 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm)Tom Ah okay Smile

I'll just see what I feel like doing when I leave the house, but thanks anyway. Smile

15 Feb 2015, 6:18 pm #1,798
(15 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm)Adam Feel free to stop off at the Business & Law building at Northumbria Uni (right beside Manors Metro). We've got a task set by the Prince's Trust to raise as much money as possible for them, so the team are running a Pick 'n' Mix stall. I, plus two other members of the team, have got the 9am-11am slot in the main reception Wink

Who knows, you could then be the 3rd member of the forum to unmask the identity of me. As far as I'm aware, only Andreos & Simmy know who I am.

Hmm....I think I might take you up on that.

I'll just look for Will McKenzie! Big Grin
Edited 15 Feb 2015, 6:19 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
15 Feb 2015, 6:18 pm #1,798

(15 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm)Adam Feel free to stop off at the Business & Law building at Northumbria Uni (right beside Manors Metro). We've got a task set by the Prince's Trust to raise as much money as possible for them, so the team are running a Pick 'n' Mix stall. I, plus two other members of the team, have got the 9am-11am slot in the main reception Wink

Who knows, you could then be the 3rd member of the forum to unmask the identity of me. As far as I'm aware, only Andreos & Simmy know who I am.

Hmm....I think I might take you up on that.

I'll just look for Will McKenzie! Big Grin

Tom

15 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm #1,799
(15 Feb 2015, 6:21 pm)Adam Suppose I'll have to wear my specs then Tongue

Can anyone buy stuff from there? 

I'll be more than willing to! What sweets are you selling?
Tom
15 Feb 2015, 6:24 pm #1,799

(15 Feb 2015, 6:21 pm)Adam Suppose I'll have to wear my specs then Tongue

Can anyone buy stuff from there? 

I'll be more than willing to! What sweets are you selling?

Tom

15 Feb 2015, 6:34 pm #1,800
(15 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Adam I think so. No-one's going to give a hoot about it. There's always people coming in and out the building to have a look round. You don't need a card to get in and out the building as it's those stupid spinning revolving doors. There's also a cafe in the building right beside our stall if you wanted a quick sandwich and a cuppa as well.

The sweets are already made up into bags. I can't remember exactly what's in them but I know there's fried eggs, foam bananas, cola bottles, giant strawberries, milk bottles, cables, cherries... the list goes on. 

Might pop in then Smile
Tom
15 Feb 2015, 6:34 pm #1,800

(15 Feb 2015, 6:33 pm)Adam I think so. No-one's going to give a hoot about it. There's always people coming in and out the building to have a look round. You don't need a card to get in and out the building as it's those stupid spinning revolving doors. There's also a cafe in the building right beside our stall if you wanted a quick sandwich and a cuppa as well.

The sweets are already made up into bags. I can't remember exactly what's in them but I know there's fried eggs, foam bananas, cola bottles, giant strawberries, milk bottles, cables, cherries... the list goes on. 

Might pop in then Smile

Pages (239) Previous 189 90 91239 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average