Menu

Pages (23)    118 19 2023   
Adrian   23 Feb 2015, 7:20 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm)Jimmi wrote Don't think there is many places near Peterlee that doesn't have a bus service that they could maybe set up anymore services.

I can't see Peterlee getting any investment in newer buses this year, I hope to be proven wrong though. I think if the Peterlee services are to get new buses I think they'll get some either next year or the year after.

They could always broaden their horizons? Plenty of other areas of County Durham, where the current operators are more than happy to neglect, due to the lack of competition. 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
R852 PRG   23 Feb 2015, 7:20 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:18 pm)Jimmi wrote Don't think there is many places near Peterlee that doesn't have a bus service that they could maybe set up anymore services.

I can't see Peterlee getting any investment in newer buses this year, I hope to be proven wrong though. I think if the Peterlee services are to get new buses I think they'll get some either next year or the year after.

I think Peterlee could make more of an effort towards Dalton Park...make Fozz's day! Big Grin
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:20 pm)aureolin wrote They could always broaden their horizons? Plenty of other areas of County Durham, where the current operators are more than happy to neglect, due to the lack of competition. 

I would like to see GNE set up more services around County Durham but I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

Would like two buses from Peterlee to Sunderland an hour.
Michael   23 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm)Jimmi wrote I would like to see GNE set up more services around County Durham but I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

You have a few choices

X21/22/23 - Arriva 
X7/X35 - GNE

=D

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   23 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm)Jimmi wrote I would like to see GNE set up more services around County Durham but I doubt this will happen anytime soon.

I think we would have seen it, but in the more 'radical' days. There's a lot of caution now, and that's understandable, with the uncertainty around QCS in Tyne and Wear. 

In my opinion, it would be a huge benefit to have a main depot further south, as it would allow GNE to build upon their success on the 21, X21, X9/X10 and X7 for example.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Dan   23 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm)Michael wrote You have a few choices

X21/22/23 - Arriva 
X7/X35 - GNE

=D

There are so many services between Sunderland and Peterlee now that I think Go North East would find it difficult to justify a 30-minute frequency on the X7. All they have to do is stand at either Park Lane or Peterlee Bus Station to see the empty X21s and realise that it would perhaps be too much of a commercial risk.
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 7:32 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm)Michael wrote You have a few choices

X21/22/23 - Arriva 

X7/X35 - GNE

=D

I obviously mainly stick to Arriva on these sections, but the X7 seems to be a popular service especially between Peterlee and Sunderland and having an extra bus an hour between these points might increase passenger numbers.

I know there is the X35 but who really wants to spend the best part of an hour on that heading to Sunderland via Houghton.
Michael   23 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote There are so many services between Sunderland and Peterlee now that I think Go North East would find it difficult to justify a 30-minute frequency on the X7. All they have to do is stand at either Park Lane or Peterlee Bus Station to see the empty X21s and realise that it would perhaps be too much of a commercial risk.

Defiantly, Do you think GNE will ever risk having a Sunday service to Peterlee again (although i'm pretty sure that has being discussed before?) but because the numbers are alright during the day on the X7...just maybe, even if its every 2 hours?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   23 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:15 pm)Michael wrote Well if you read back, it's already being said that Consett's buses will move over to Stanley tonight after service. 

has any one got a link for it?
Dan   23 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm)Michael wrote Defiantly, Do you think GNE will ever risk having a Sunday service to Peterlee again (although i'm pretty sure that has being discussed before?) but because the numbers are alright during the day on the X7...just maybe, even if its every 2 hours?

I'm not sure.

As none of the 2xx series "East Durham" services operate on a Sunday, they haven't got services feeding into the X7 at Peterlee, so I'm not sure if it would be as successful as it is during Monday - Saturday daytimes...

(23 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm)Racer_Experience wrote has any one got a link for it?

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1380&pid=88404#pid88404
Michael   23 Feb 2015, 7:39 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm)Dan wrote I'm not sure.

As none of the 2xx series "East Durham" services operate on a Sunday, they haven't got services feeding into the X7 at Peterlee, so I'm not sure if it would be as successful as it is during Monday - Saturday daytimes...

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1380&pid=88404#pid88404

Maybe they could try and run a few on a trail bases? Tongue 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
ds47uk   23 Feb 2015, 7:40 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:32 pm)Jimmi wrote I obviously mainly stick to Arriva on these sections, but the X7 seems to be a popular service  especially between Peterlee and Sunderland and having an extra bus an hour between these points might increase passenger numbers.

I know there is the X35 but who really wants to spend the best part of an hour on that heading to Sunderland via Houghton.

The main problem is not Sunderland to Peterlee (or Sunderland to Seaham), but Seaham to Peterlee. If one of the 22 or 23  could be rerouted via Seaham this would double the Seaham to Peterlee link (without going twice round East Durham to get there which the only option to the X7 does!)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:30 pm)Dan wrote There are so many services between Sunderland and Peterlee now that I think Go North East would find it difficult to justify a 30-minute frequency on the X7. All they have to do is stand at either Park Lane or Peterlee Bus Station to see the empty X21s and realise that it would perhaps be too much of a commercial risk.

I'm pretty well aware of the poor passenger numbers on the X21, got on it one evening and it left with me and one other passenger! Arriva probably now has too many services between Peterlee and Sunderland. An additional GNE service from Peterlee to Sunderland may possibly do okay as passengers who use the East Durham services and connect in Peterlee may be attracted to two GNE buses an hour to Sunderland and could potentially swipe passengers from the competition (Arriva).
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm)Dan wrote I'm not sure.

I don't think it would do well either even just with places on the route as the 21 can seem to look deserted at the Peterlee end of the route on Sundays and I think if it wasn't for the Aycliffe - Darlington passengers it probably wouldn't be commercially viable which the X7 doesn't really have these sorts of passenger intake, especially on Sundays.
Diamond One   23 Feb 2015, 7:54 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm)Dan wrote Cheers - I'm having a much needed day off from taking photos, though. Will catch up with it (and hopefully others) tomorrow.

The first part is untrue - the second part is.

Following on from the merger of Saltmeadows and Riverside last weekend, all of Go North East's operations out of Consett Depot should transfer to Stanley tonight, after the vehicles finish service today.
sure was a good unit Consett but the solos will have its 1st ever transfer (not technically as Consett was the outstation to Stanley so therefore the Solos were technically new to Stanley but were outstationed at Consett) but i've seen them solos on Stanley routes mainly the ones to Newcastle 43/44/X30/X31/X70/X71,45/46 and Sunderland 8/78 only Stanley route i haven't seen it on is X43
(23 Feb 2015, 4:54 pm)Tom wrote Doubt it.
That's a hell of a lot light running each day.
i agree if Peterlee was to close a lot of light running to and from Peterlee each day would cost the company more on fuel could park a bus inside the bus station like they do at Gateshead, Stanley or Consett or even Metrocentre
Jimmi   23 Feb 2015, 7:58 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 7:40 pm)ds47uk wrote The main problem is not Sunderland to Peterlee (or Sunderland to Seaham), but Seaham to Peterlee. If one of the 22 or 23  could be rerouted via Seaham this would double the Seaham to Peterlee link (without going twice round East Durham to get there which the only option to the X7 does!)

You probably could send the Arriva 22 round Seaham although it would probably have to miss out Dalton Park and then cut New Seaham's Arriva services down to two buses an hour on the 23.

I've seen a few people using the X7 between Peterlee and Seaham and also Seaham to Sunderland so it the 22 would possibly do better if it went via Seaham instead of Dalton Park as it doesn't pick up / drop off that many passengers at Dalton Park when I've used it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
roar   23 Feb 2015, 8:01 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 6:51 pm)aureolin wrote There could be a number of reasons for the delay, but of course interviewing a driver can cause a delay, if they're off shift or on leave for example. You'd expect to be able to interview the majority of drivers on their next shift, but again, it comes down to the urgency the management team put on it. 

As you say a number of reasons for the delay. A complaint made on a Thursday afternoon for example can take up until the following Tuesday for a manager to start to review the complaint. 

Week One
Thursday afternoon customer makes a complaint.
Customer services get to the complaint when the department is just about to shut down, its not a serious complaint so its left to research on the Friday.
Friday morning and customer services start to look into the complaint, look at timetables, route maps or what ever is needed to research the complaint. It must be remembered that a lot of people that work in customer services are clerical based employee's that have no operational experience. Someone in a Customer Services department in Gateshead or Sunderland for example could be dealing with a complaint from Hartlepool.
Friday afternoon its decided that the complaint needs to go to a manager who would be very lucky if he has a opportunity to even start looking at it.
Satuday its still on the desk.
Week Two
Sunday its still on the desk.
Monday Manager gets to deal with the complaint and decides he needs to view cctv footage of the incident that the complaint is about. He then requests the hard drive off the vehicle so he can view the cctv. Bus is on the road so the hard drive will be removed when it returns to the depot on Monday night.
Tuesday Manager gets to view cctv and decides that the driver needs interviewing. Writes letter to driver informing him of the complaint and gives the time and date the interview will take place.
Wednesday Driver is on his late week and starts at 15:30, union rep finishes at 15:00 so no interview
Thursday Driver is on his rest day so no interview.
Friday Driver is on his rest day so no interview.
Saturday Manager is on his rest day so no interview.
Week Three
Sunday Manager is on his rest day so no interview.
Monday Manager or union rep has prior appointments so no interview.
Tuesday Driver is on his rest day so no interview.
Wednesday Driver is on his rest day so no interview.
Thursday Driver is interviewed about the complaint and a decision is made. 

As you say annual leave, sickness ect could delay the process even further.

All this depends on the seriousness of the complaint an issue that could be illegal or carry any safety issue will be dealt with quicker, I have known mangers and union reps to attend depots at 22:00 on a night a number of times.
Andreos1   23 Feb 2015, 9:08 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 5:18 pm)Malarkey wrote I can certainly see it changing in the future mind, having 2 Drivers drive a combined 18 Miles before even operating the evening 85/86 then another combined 18 Miles back to is hardly economical is it, even if it didnt change and it remained at Riverside per Nexus requests then I would expect a reduction in the frequency of the service to just 1 Bus an Hour as it simply isnt viable at all.

The bid GNE will have put in, will have been based on on a number of things, including light mileage. Obviously since it was a GNE decision to move operations, they will incur any costs associated in getting vehicles to the associated start points.

If Nexus keep the bundle the same, then GNE can put in a similar bid and loose out, like they will be doing now - or increase their bid.
The danger being, that someone else nicks in and undercuts them.

Depending on the margins, it might be worth GNE suddenly deciding the routes are commercially viable - like in the past.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Acky81   23 Feb 2015, 11:35 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 9:44 am)Dan wrote The latest "SimpliCity" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare to enter the paintshop is 8326 (NK11 GWX), rather than 8325 as one would have expected. Guess it doesn't make too much of a difference what order they go in, though!

8325 was operating in Silksworth today on route 33a. So it hasn't left us yet
Diamond One   23 Feb 2015, 11:44 pm
(23 Feb 2015, 11:35 pm)Acky81 wrote 8325 was operating in Silksworth today on route 33a. So it hasn't left us yet

ironically i saw that and managed a shot of that also on 33 was 6100 i had took 2 photos of 2 different buses within 10 seconds the 1st one was my mates (Ryan) uncle at the wheel of a tb branded versa on 2/2A
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
gtom   24 Feb 2015, 12:32 am
(23 Feb 2015, 11:44 pm)Racer_Experience wrote ironically i saw that and managed a shot of that also on 33 was 6100 i had took 2 photos of 2 different buses within 10 seconds the 1st one was my mates (Ryan) uncle at the wheel of a tb branded versa on 2/2A

[Image: MjAxMi1mYjk0MjI5NGZhZDY4OWNi.png]
Dan   24 Feb 2015, 9:35 am
Moving on, and further Versas have gained "SimpliCity" branding... 8322 being one such example.

The 2/2A services have been removed from the Silver Arrows tab on the website, too.
Malarkey   24 Feb 2015, 9:37 am
8319/8322 have been Rebranded Simplicity joining 8306, all running in tandem towards Washington departing Holmeside at 09:17/27 and 37.
Dan   24 Feb 2015, 10:16 am
8321 has also been branded.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   24 Feb 2015, 11:23 am
Not sure if there'll be a bus there or not, but it could present a good photo opportunity if there is:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/driver-recr...y-22-march
Diamond One   24 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm
(24 Feb 2015, 9:35 am)Dan wrote Moving on, and further Versas have gained "SimpliCity" branding... 8322 being one such  example.

The 2/2A services have been removed from the Silver Arrows tab on the website, too.

(24 Feb 2015, 9:37 am)Malarkey wrote 8319/8322 have been Rebranded Simplicity joining 8306, all running in tandem towards Washington departing Holmeside at 09:17/27 and 37.

(24 Feb 2015, 10:16 am)Dan wrote 8321 has also been branded.
Saw all 3 but they were all unbranded until today but I'll get the photos ASAP and pronto more than Friday
Dan   24 Feb 2015, 12:35 pm
(22 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm)Dan wrote Just to add to the discussion regarding repaints, Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6011 (V311 LGC) is the latest to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery.

That means that 100 buses now have "Northern" branding, while 103 buses wear Go North East's corporate livery.

Stanley's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6010 (V310 LGC) is the latest in for repaint.

That means that we're now into double-figures for buses which presently retain "Northern" branding (99 in total), while 104 buses wear Go North East's corporate livery.
MurdnunoC   24 Feb 2015, 1:02 pm
(24 Feb 2015, 11:23 am)Dan wrote Not sure if there'll be a bus there or not, but it could present a good photo opportunity if there is:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/driver-recr...y-22-march

The last time I went to one, back in 2004 at Gateshead International Stadium, there was a bus which interested members of the public could drive under supervision. I think the one I drove was either a MPD or SPD. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   24 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm
(24 Feb 2015, 10:16 am)Dan wrote 8321 has also been branded.

I imagine the branding is pretty much exactly the same?

Doesnt matter. Found the answer
Dan   24 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm
(24 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm)Robert wrote I imagine the branding is pretty much exactly the same?

Pretty similar, yes. The livery seems to be a bit more compact with more added to it (which in my opinion makes it look a little untidy). See photographs below:

[Image: 16609727536_7053defd92.jpg]Go North East: 8306 / NK09FVG by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16449499199_c59e5ece01.jpg]Go North East: 8319 / NK11FXB by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 16013524424_3734555589.jpg]Go North East: 8322 / NK11FXE by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

The rear of the buses also feature the same "Go Save" advertisement as the recently branded "Prince Bishops" Scania L94 vehicles, as shown below:

[Image: 16015923713_f55212bd27.jpg]Go North East: 8319 / NK11FXB by danielgrahamm, on Flickr
Pages (23)    118 19 2023