You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions

RE: Go North East: 2014/15 Financial Year Order Predictions
I think the red arrows is getting new deckers, with cascades to the toon link group.
(12 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm)nk55 wrote I think the red arrows is getting new deckers, with cascades to the toon link group.

Sad I hope not. Despite Davey Bowyer's best attempts to rid the X1 of it's B9s! 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(12 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm)nk55 wrote I think the red arrows is getting new deckers, with cascades to the toon link group.

6001 - 6007 and 6049 - 6055 are fine where they are. There is no reason why they should be replaced.
(12 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm)aureolin wrote Sad I hope not. Despite Davey Bowyer's best attempts to rid the X1 of it's B9s! 

I agree, think the pronto is need of better stock imo.
(12 Mar 2015, 7:48 pm)Robert wrote 6001 - 6007 and 6049 - 6055 are fine where they are. There is no reason why they should be replaced.

Just my thoughts on what was mentioned regarding crook depot recently!!

Will the new deckers manage to get enough rpm's when going up a hill, to get into double figures though?
They're ok, once they get going, but climbing the slip roads on the Washington Highway is painful.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(12 Mar 2015, 7:58 pm)Andreos1 wrote Will the new deckers manage to get enough rpm's when going up a hill, to get into double figures though?
They're ok, once they get going, but climbing the slip roads on the Washington Highway is painful.

Not to mention Old Durham Road...
I'd always thought this would be the year that the B9s are removed from the TTX. All 6 could head over to Crook for Pronto, with 6099 or 6100 joining them to make the 7 PVR up.
(12 Mar 2015, 8:01 pm)citaro5284 wrote Would not think so... Angel

Fair enough, still think crook could do with newer buses. X21 is suffering with breakdowns quite badly at the moment.
I think that the X1 would be the prime service to allow Cascades and spares to other services for many reasons:

- B9s have almost paid themselves off.
- Pronto needs new vehicles but not worthy of new 'heavyweight' vehicles.
- PVR increases to TEN, Angel, Cobalt Clipper and the Fab 56 might need re-increased to every 10 minutes.
- DFDS deckers at Percy Main could be replaced by B7s.
- Red Arrows currently doesn't meet the post TTX/TEN double deck standard of featuring power sockets considering the type of route and other minor refreshes needed including new NSAs either from Justin and Kelly / Heart ; or Steve and Karen or Stu Elmore and Kelly from Metro Radio.
-
(12 Mar 2015, 11:02 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote I think that the X1 would be the prime service to allow Cascades and spares to other services for many reasons:

- B9s have almost paid themselves off.
- Pronto needs new vehicles but not worthy of new 'heavyweight' vehicles.
- PVR increases to TEN, Angel, Cobalt Clipper and the Fab 56 might need re-increased to every 10 minutes.
- DFDS deckers at Percy Main could be replaced by B7s.
- Red Arrows currently doesn't meet the post TTX/TEN double deck standard of featuring power sockets considering the type of route and other minor refreshes needed including new NSAs either from Justin and Kelly / Heart ; or Steve and Karen or Stu Elmore and Kelly from Metro Radio.
-

Maybe not but they still won't be getting new deckers...like Citaro said... 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Mar 2015, 11:21 pm)Simmy wrote Has the repainted Crusader Citaro been branded yet? Angel

Don't think so, probables be waiting for all of them to be done before rebranding them... hopefully with a better brand.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(12 Mar 2015, 11:23 pm)Michael wrote Don't think so, probables be waiting for all of them to be done before rebranding them... hopefully with a better brand.
Was thinking about deckers mate. Until the Citaro is branded, new vehicles can't be ruled out Wink.
(12 Mar 2015, 11:27 pm)Simmy wrote Was thinking about deckers mate. Until the Citaro is branded, new vehicles can't be ruled out Wink.
I could see some Deckers on order for the 27, but then again it might just be a freshen up repaint as the paintwork on that batch of Citaros is horrendous.

Alternatively if the Crusader was to get Deckers, here is a thought I have just had, what if Crusader Citaros 5328/29 which are now Silver alongside Red Spare 5332 were to Transfer to Deptford for a frequency increase of upto every 10 minutes on the 61, then 5310-19 and 5330 are repainted green to replace the Wright Solars on The Highwayman, which would then be repainted into the Corporate Livery to displace some of the Ex Oxford Renowns which would then be withdrawn from service.
Site Administrator
(13 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm)Malarkey wrote I could see some Deckers on order for the 27, but then again it might just be a freshen up repaint as the paintwork on that batch of Citaros is horrendous.

Alternatively if the Crusader was to get Deckers, here is a thought I have just had, what if Crusader Citaros 5328/29 which are now Silver alongside Red Spare 5332 were to Transfer to Deptford for a frequency increase of upto every 10 minutes on the 61, then 5310-19 and 5330 are repainted green to replace the Wright Solars on The Highwayman, which would then be repainted into the Corporate Livery to displace some of the Ex Oxford Renowns which would then be withdrawn from service.
10 minute frequency on the 61? Let's come back down to Earth!
(13 Mar 2015, 4:00 pm)Dan wrote 10 minute frequency on the 61? Let's come back down to Earth!
As I said it was only a thought, to be fair whenever I have been on the 61 up to Dalton Park it has been packed, so it could perhaps justify a Frequency Increase, if not now then the 61 will probably get an increase anyway once the work at Dalton Park is completed. 
(13 Mar 2015, 4:11 pm)Malarkey wrote As I said it was only a thought, to be fair whenever I have been on the 61 up to Dalton Park it has been packed, so it could perhaps justify a Frequency Increase, if not now then the 61 will probably get an increase anyway once the work at Dalton Park is completed. 

I agree, they should look in to it once the new parts of Dalton Park is opened.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm)Michael wrote I agree, they should look in to it once the new parts of Dalton Park is opened.
Everyone will be wanting Deckers on the 61 by then to cope with increased passenger demand.
(13 Mar 2015, 5:35 pm)Malarkey wrote Everyone will be wanting Deckers on the 61 by then to cope with increased passenger demand.

I'm not even sure how the 61 does now... i really need to get out and about on the buses again, might do that during the 6 weeks when iv'e finished uni.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(13 Mar 2015, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote I'm not even sure how the 61 does now... i really need to get out and about on the buses again, might do that during the 6 weeks when iv'e finished uni.

The xx:17 / xx:47 departures out of Park Lane tend to do fairly well - but that's because they're running three minutes in front of the xx:20 / xx:50 departures of "Drifter" service 60. Some passengers do opt for the 60, of course, to use the free Wi-Fi offered on board.

The xx:02 / xx:32 departures out of Park Lane don't do as well - sometimes they even run empty out of Park Lane during the day. "Drifter" service 60 departs two minutes prior, so anyone on board tends to be passengers wishing to use the bus beyond the shared 60 / 61 corridor.

Even with the developments at Dalton Park, I wouldn't expect to see a frequency increase.
(13 Mar 2015, 5:44 pm)Dan wrote The xx:17 / xx:47 departures out of Park Lane tend to do fairly well - but that's because they're running three minutes in front of the xx:20 / xx:50 departures of "Drifter" service 60. Some passengers do opt for the 60, of course, to use the free Wi-Fi offered on board.

The xx:02 / xx:32 departures out of Park Lane don't do as well - sometimes they even run empty out of Park Lane during the day. "Drifter" service 60 departs two minutes prior, so anyone on board tends to be passengers wishing to use the bus beyond the shared 60 / 61 corridor.

Even with the developments at Dalton Park, I wouldn't expect to see a frequency increase.

Maybe they should offer WIFI on the 61 to, see if that will boost passenger numbers, i'm surprised it's still running every 15 mins. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Mar 2015, 7:15 pm)Davie wrote I'd like to see Streetlites on the fab fifty seven

I think they would look good in the current FAB 57 branding, although i think they should get scania's again. 
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm)Michael wrote I think they would look good in the current FAB 57 branding, although i think they should get scania's again. 

Hopefully the Tynedale Express will be looked at for an upgrade soon. If it happened, it could allow 5229-5233 to transfer to Riverside for the Fab Fifty Seven, as there's still a few years left in them.
(13 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm)aureolin wrote Hopefully the Tynedale Express will be looked at for an upgrade soon. If it happened, it could allow 5229-5233 to transfer to Riverside for the Fab Fifty Seven, as there's still a few years left in them.

I would hope so, passenger numbers seem to good on those services, wonder if GNE have ever thought of running them more often on a Sunday and a few later runs during the week?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(13 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm)aureolin wrote Hopefully the Tynedale Express will be looked at for an upgrade soon. If it happened, it could allow 5229-5233 to transfer to Riverside for the Fab Fifty Seven, as there's still a few years left in them.

Go North East may get citaros for the Tynedale Express

Good suggestion. 5229-5233 seem to have performed well on the X84/X85, so they shouldn't have much issue with the Fab57.

I honestly think the Streetlites will look exceptionally smart in some of the liveries (assuming they are kept) of the brands they are going onto. Red Kites would look eye catching, as would the Fab57, to name a few.