You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: General TV thread
(10 Mar 2015, 9:45 pm)mb134 wrote Not supporting what he's allegedly done at all, but there seems to be a permanent media hunt to get the bloke sacked. Also, it must be the biggest money maker for the BBC, and Top Gear (including May and Hammond) would be snapped up by another company should BBC sack Clarkson, it won't work without him in my opinion. 

He's in a high profile position (whether he likes it or not), and he seemingly thinks that complaints against him are hilarious. Time for a refresh if you ask me. 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Agree with everything you've said. I personally love Jeremy Clarkson, even if some of the things he says are a bit shocking.

He adds a comedic element to Top Gear, which James May and Richard Hammond don't seem to be able to do so well. Like you say, Top Gear is a big bread winner and wouldn't work without him. To me, he's always been the face of the show, and the main presenter from what I see in it. Hammond and May are (sort of) his sidekicks.

I think the Media just love to crawl all over people like him, but that's the Media! Tongue

Agree completely, I think Hammond and May do add a different type of comedy however, and I think the show needs all three of them to be what it is, it's that successful for a reason at the end of the day.
(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin wrote He's in a high profile position (whether he likes it or not), and he seemingly thinks that complaints against him are hilarious. Time for a refresh if you ask me. 
I can't help but think some of the "complaints" against him are a bit petty though. The nursery rhyme ordeal from last year for example, he came out and publicly stated he did three takes, avoiding the word purposefully, and I think the media blew it way out of proportion, the "word" was never broadcast at the end of the day.

I just think that he provides something that is very rare on TV now, complete honesty, and I like that, again I'm not supporting any behaviour and saying that everyone should go around behaving exactly like him, but is it not good to have someone who speaks their mind, rather than a sheep?

(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote Agree with everything you've said. I personally love Jeremy Clarkson, even if some of the things he says are a bit shocking.

He adds a comedic element to Top Gear, which James May and Richard Hammond don't seem to be able to do so well. Like you say, Top Gear is a big bread winner and wouldn't work without him. To me, he's always been the face of the show, and the main presenter from what I see in it. Hammond and May are (sort of) his sidekicks.

I think the Media just love to crawl all over people like him, but that's the Media! Tongue

Agree completely, I think Hammond and May do add a different type of comedy however, and I think the show needs all three of them to be what it is, it's that successful for a reason at the end of the day.
(10 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm)aureolin wrote He's in a high profile position (whether he likes it or not), and he seemingly thinks that complaints against him are hilarious. Time for a refresh if you ask me. 
I can't help but think some of the "complaints" against him are a bit petty though. The nursery rhyme ordeal from last year for example, he came out and publicly stated he did three takes, avoiding the word purposefully, and I think the media blew it way out of proportion, the "word" was never broadcast at the end of the day.

I just think that he provides something that is very rare on TV now, complete honesty, and I like that, again I'm not supporting any behaviour and saying that everyone should go around behaving exactly like him, but is it not good to have someone who speaks their mind, rather than a sheep?
General TV thread
(11 Mar 2015, 4:46 pm)mb134 wrote Don't know if it's already been noted elsewhere, or if this would be the wrong section, but has anyone else signed the "Bring back Clarkson" petition. Over 400,000 signatures already.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

(Forum team, if it isn't suitable to post this link on here, please remove it Smile ) 

Meeeeeeee!!
As much as i want to see him return, i think its got to the stage where he has bitten off more than he could chew. He was already on his last warning for making comments and arguing (and potentially using physical violence if that element to the story is correct) because there was a problem with the food is completely unnecessary. I would never of known who he was referring to when he used the word 'slope' in the Burma special if there hadn't been an uproar. Nor do i feel that the Argentina incident was entirely his fault - everybody involved probably looked at the car and saw those plates and for them not to see that it could potentially cause offence was wrong.
Well, thats Duncan Bannatyne done in the den. Quite liked watching his best bits at the end - got a laugh out of some of them but thats what the den is all about, have a laugh but get quite serious when needed.
(15 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm)Adam wrote It's also the end of Kelly Hoppen and Piers Linney. I suspect that tonight's episode though was filmed before Kelly's and Piers' departure announcements.

Those 2 haven't lasted two minutes then! So 3 new dragons to look forward to Smile I did hear rumours about Hoppen going but that was it.
(16 Mar 2015, 7:52 am)leestransportphotos wrote Did anyone else watch that 'Your back in the room' on Saturday? I though it was absolutely hilarious but It could get a bit repetitive after a while

It was better than i thought it was going to be although i don't think it will make it to a second series due to all the criticism it got. Some games worked better than others (such as the balloon game) - the music quiz was awful...
Last week, the BBC released a statement about the current series of Top Gear, confirming that last night’s show (15th March) was to be postponed following an incident during production.

The incident in question is currently being investigated and Ken MacQuarrie, the director of BBC Scotland, has been appointed to lead this process.

We can now confirm that Top Gear will not be back in the studio this week and, as such, the episode due for broadcast this Sunday night (22nd March) will also be postponed pending the outcome of the investigation.

We will bring you more news as soon as we have it.
General TV thread
Has anyone else watched anything on 'Made in Tyne and Wear' I only watch two programmes on there and that's 'Northern Cuisine' and 'Football Matters' both I think are great programmes
Nice to see that Hammond and May refused to continue on without Clarkson, not because I support Clarksons (alleged) behaviour, but because it's nice to see a bit of loyalty these days.
(21 Mar 2015, 9:42 pm)MrPottski wrote ITV has an extremely limited talent pool these days. IMHO, it is the worst mainstream TV channel currently broadcasting.
Surprised you actually used the word "tallent" in regards to ITV, it's always Mullhern, Eamon and Ruth and a load of other people I couldn't give a monkeys about seriously get some different people!
Men and Women of this forum i give you the best tv intro ever...

Game Of Thrones *intro is from season 1, avoid season 2,3 and 4 incase of spoilers*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSxVwTsiNFg&list=FLQgykRMVoeVJ_vTbXBk_M2A&index=4

P.s avoid other videos if you plan to watch it and you haven't..... Season 5 starts... April 13th on Sky Atlantic... (12th April in America, so if you haven't got Sky Atlantic what it online).
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
I was flicking through the channels just briefly before and ended up on the BBC news channel.

They had live footage of Richard III being moved around Bosworth, with historians dressed in period costume.
In a complete juxtaposition, Arriva and Stagecoach had vehicles parked just metres away from the procession.
It was quite surreal seeing a Gemini and E400 parked just behind blokes in medieval outfits, carrying flaming torches and playing ancient instruments.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(24 Mar 2015, 5:40 pm)Michael wrote Holy shit...

Fox have announced they're making 6 new episodes of X-Files.... YES X-FILES!

Stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson set to reprise their roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully!

Anyone has forgot, here is the intro - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbBX6aEzEz8 
I wonder how they're going to bring the back? I thought Mulder was fired, and both him and Scully were on the run?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(25 Mar 2015, 10:11 am)aureolin wrote I wonder how they're going to bring the back? I thought Mulder was fired, and both him and Scully were on the run?

Maybe the FBI, after many years of investigating terrorism related cases post-911, suddenly remember there are other criminals worthy of their attention. International drug-smuggling is obviously too political and complicated, but targeting paranormal conspirators - especially those on the run - there's something the FBI can get their teeth into.
(25 Mar 2015, 10:11 am)aureolin wrote I wonder how they're going to bring the back? I thought Mulder was fired, and both him and Scully were on the run?

Not sure, i can't even remember the last episode, its being that long.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.