You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Weardale
Does anyone know if the Scania/Irizar and the Dennis/Plaxton bought in December are in use yet.  Aslo i have not seen Neoplan M12 ADV for quite a while wonder if its left the fleet.
(01 Feb 2015, 7:38 am)BUSFAN wrote Does anyone know if the Scania/Irizar and the Dennis/Plaxton bought in December are in use yet.  Aslo i have not seen Neoplan M12 ADV for quite a while wonder if its left the fleet.

Good question. Last I heard they were despatched to Thorntons for a tidy up, I shall ask in the morning
YJ61FGV now wearing Insight Vacations titles

Can anyone confirm registrations for the 7? Tridents that Weardale acquired in the summer... SN03EBC and SN03LFL is the only two I can find. All ex London United I believe!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Site Administrator
(01 Feb 2015, 6:29 pm)tyresmoke wrote YJ61FGV now wearing Insight Vacations titles

Can anyone confirm registrations for the 7? Tridents that Weardale acquired in the summer... SN03EBC and SN03LFL is the only two I can find. All ex London United I believe!

Five - another example below:

[Image: 14879228518_81c1a74eb1.jpg]Weardale SN03LFM by stueybish, on Flickr

Also these:

[Image: 15173934060_5b3b5a1407.jpg]Weardale SK07LUP by stueybish, on Flickr
(15 Feb 2015, 8:53 am)RGR756V wrote The Scania and Javelin are awaiting collection from Thorntons

I notice the Black Solo is now GO59 WMS and BT08 LCT is now GIB 1067 wonder if the Scania and the Javelin will be in full livery or just white with viynls.
I was thinking why doesn't weardale try and get service 108 109 from jsb travel be good service for them jsb should just call it a day and give up and let weardale take service 108 109 and give solo sr and solo m950 to weardale for the service and service 9 to eden
JMoss
(05 Apr 2015, 6:52 pm)jaimzm wrote I was thinking why doesn't weardale try and get service 108 109 from jsb travel be good service for them jsb should just call it a day and give up and let weardale take service 108 109 and give solo sr and solo m950 to weardale for the service and service 9 to eden

Why would JSB give up what is presumably a profitable business?

(06 Apr 2015, 11:37 am)Jimmi wrote Often seems to be a decent amount of passengers on the 108/109 which is probably what led to the demise of the Arriva 87 back in October.

Thats A Fair Point 
JMoss
(06 Apr 2015, 1:58 pm)Greg in Weardale wrote 108/109 seem to have decent loadings since Arriva 87 finished, but I don't ever see many on the 9 as it's duplicated by Arriva 6 and GNE 18.

I thought the 108/109 had good loadings even before the 87 was withdrawn although the loadings should be better still now.

Think the 9 passenger numbers have gone down over the years since the 6 was routed round there and increased in frequency and Go North East introduced the 18 to the area which has seen some early and late journeys on the 9 being withdrawn.
(08 Apr 2015, 6:13 pm)jaimzm wrote That is a nice looking bus wonder if weardale will replace all the solos with E200s

What Has happen to SB58BUS have they sold they not had that very long
JMoss
(08 Apr 2015, 6:17 pm)jaimzm wrote What Has happen to SB58BUS have they sold they not had that very long

Part exchanged for the E200

(08 Apr 2015, 6:59 pm)tyresmoke wrote Part exchanged for the E200

SB58BUS was, how I put this politely, "fragile", and so the decision was made to part ex it for this. 
The main attraction of the E200 is that it has a tachograph and belted seats, and so will be useful on contracts etc. as well as service.

It is of a very good condition internally and the seats are almost coach like. One over, we called them "dual purpose"!
SN03 LFL & SN03 EBC.
A pair of trident alx 400 on park and ride duties for the Bishop Auckland food festival. Full loadings leaving from the college site!
Site Administrator
(22 Apr 2015, 4:02 pm)BUSFAN wrote Plaxtons have not removed it from the sales site i also noticed a Silver Sprinter Minibus has just arrived at the Crook yard this weelk so must be a new addition.

Hasn't been in white since mid-2013... Quite surprised to see it on the Plaxtons website two years later!
(22 Apr 2015, 4:11 pm)Dan wrote Hasn't been in white since mid-2013... Quite surprised to see it on the Plaxtons website two years later!
Some of these websites are terrible for removing listings, was looking on one site a while back and found that small Mercedes that the Eden had bought and had in service for a few weeks.