Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Pages (181) Previous 131 32 33181 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

14 Apr 2015, 11:48 am #621
(14 Apr 2015, 11:33 am)Jimmi The weekday morning Peterlee - Sunderland and Sunderland - Peterlee are mainly as a result of Arriva taking on extra journeys on service 6 in Stockton following the closure of Leven Valley I think.

The afternoon journey currently runs off the 24X with the bus running dead from Easington to Sunderland to pick up the X21 to Peterlee and then I think it ran dead back to Durham.

Yes - see posts here.

As I've said previously - the morning peak-time extra X21 actually tended to carry more passengers than the normal Darlington run half an hour ahead. I was surprised that no further alterations were planned for the X21, given that it does run empty most of the time. I had the pleasure of the entire bus to myself from Peterlee to Grangetown (Sunderland) on Saturday - and the driver certainly received no cash from me! There was a cash fare from outside of Southmoor Academy to Park Lane (a 2 - 3 minute journey), but I guess it was just a case of the X21 was the first bus to turn up more than anything else.
Dan
14 Apr 2015, 11:48 am #621

(14 Apr 2015, 11:33 am)Jimmi The weekday morning Peterlee - Sunderland and Sunderland - Peterlee are mainly as a result of Arriva taking on extra journeys on service 6 in Stockton following the closure of Leven Valley I think.

The afternoon journey currently runs off the 24X with the bus running dead from Easington to Sunderland to pick up the X21 to Peterlee and then I think it ran dead back to Durham.

Yes - see posts here.

As I've said previously - the morning peak-time extra X21 actually tended to carry more passengers than the normal Darlington run half an hour ahead. I was surprised that no further alterations were planned for the X21, given that it does run empty most of the time. I had the pleasure of the entire bus to myself from Peterlee to Grangetown (Sunderland) on Saturday - and the driver certainly received no cash from me! There was a cash fare from outside of Southmoor Academy to Park Lane (a 2 - 3 minute journey), but I guess it was just a case of the X21 was the first bus to turn up more than anything else.

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 11:56 am #622
(14 Apr 2015, 11:48 am)Dan Yes - see posts here.

Most I've seen on the X21 is about 10 with the worst being me and a young lad who got off somewhere on the 21 route in Peterlee. The other week I saw a mid afternoon journey leave Peterlee for Sunderland only carrying a mum and dad with a pram who got on along the 21 route in Peterlee.
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 11:56 am #622

(14 Apr 2015, 11:48 am)Dan Yes - see posts here.

Most I've seen on the X21 is about 10 with the worst being me and a young lad who got off somewhere on the 21 route in Peterlee. The other week I saw a mid afternoon journey leave Peterlee for Sunderland only carrying a mum and dad with a pram who got on along the 21 route in Peterlee.

Michael

14 Apr 2015, 11:57 am #623
So which company is winning the battle of the Sunderland to Peterlee corridor? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Apr 2015, 11:57 am #623

So which company is winning the battle of the Sunderland to Peterlee corridor? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Apr 2015, 12:04 pm #624
The number 1 is changing again? Only changed on the 22nd March, I wonder if they're moving the stands in Ashington bus station so the 1 doesn't have to block the road when an X21 is late.
omnicity4659
14 Apr 2015, 12:04 pm #624

The number 1 is changing again? Only changed on the 22nd March, I wonder if they're moving the stands in Ashington bus station so the 1 doesn't have to block the road when an X21 is late.

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm #625
(14 Apr 2015, 11:57 am)Michael So which company is winning the battle of the Sunderland to Peterlee corridor?
Probably still Arriva given they currently have 5 buses an hour between Peterlee and Sunderland.

I know the X7 is busier than Arriva's offerings but the X7 is hourly where as the 22/23 are half hourly and the X21 is hourly so combined these MAY make more than the X7 does.

Also in regards to the 22/23 you have to factor in the areas closer to Peterlee for example passengers travelling between say Horden and Peterlee on the 23 when you are counting the passenger numbers.

I am not the best person to speak to regarding passenger numbers in this area and I am just stating my own personal findings from my trips out.
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm #625

(14 Apr 2015, 11:57 am)Michael So which company is winning the battle of the Sunderland to Peterlee corridor?
Probably still Arriva given they currently have 5 buses an hour between Peterlee and Sunderland.

I know the X7 is busier than Arriva's offerings but the X7 is hourly where as the 22/23 are half hourly and the X21 is hourly so combined these MAY make more than the X7 does.

Also in regards to the 22/23 you have to factor in the areas closer to Peterlee for example passengers travelling between say Horden and Peterlee on the 23 when you are counting the passenger numbers.

I am not the best person to speak to regarding passenger numbers in this area and I am just stating my own personal findings from my trips out.

Michael

14 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm #626
(14 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm)Jimmi Probably still Arriva given they currently have 5 buses an hour between Peterlee and Sunderland.

I rarely use Arriva, i was gonna do a bus review kinda thing during these holidays but a few things have come up so haven't =(

With the 22 getting upgraded to Sapphire, be interesting to see if numbers increase.. wonder if GNE will ever put WIFI and sockets on the X7.............

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm #626

(14 Apr 2015, 12:11 pm)Jimmi Probably still Arriva given they currently have 5 buses an hour between Peterlee and Sunderland.

I rarely use Arriva, i was gonna do a bus review kinda thing during these holidays but a few things have come up so haven't =(

With the 22 getting upgraded to Sapphire, be interesting to see if numbers increase.. wonder if GNE will ever put WIFI and sockets on the X7.............

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm #627
(14 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)Michael I rarely use Arriva, i was gonna do a bus review kinda thing during these holidays but a few things have come up so haven't =(

I'm meaning to have a look at the Peterlee - Sunderland services but due to other things coming up and being ill today I haven't been able to do this.

I do hope numbers improve on the 22, doubt it will pick up any more custom in the Sunderland area with the much greater presence of GNE in the area but hopefully it could maybe get more travelling from County Durham into Sunderland perhaps, also the upcoming developments at Dalton Park could potentially improve passenger numbers. The Sapphire brand could possibly sway more people to use the service too.
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm #627

(14 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm)Michael I rarely use Arriva, i was gonna do a bus review kinda thing during these holidays but a few things have come up so haven't =(

I'm meaning to have a look at the Peterlee - Sunderland services but due to other things coming up and being ill today I haven't been able to do this.

I do hope numbers improve on the 22, doubt it will pick up any more custom in the Sunderland area with the much greater presence of GNE in the area but hopefully it could maybe get more travelling from County Durham into Sunderland perhaps, also the upcoming developments at Dalton Park could potentially improve passenger numbers. The Sapphire brand could possibly sway more people to use the service too.

Andreos1

14 Apr 2015, 12:49 pm #628
(14 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm)Jimmi I'm meaning to have a look at the Peterlee - Sunderland services but due to other things coming up and being ill today I haven't been able to do this.

I wonder if there are some patterns for those making regular return trips?

Those with a GNE bus at either end of the route, will more than likely use them.

Those coming from Peterlee or areas served by ANE in East Durham and travelling North, will more than likely use the ANE services.

Obviously conc holders may not be as fussy, but the lack of a longer term, multi-operator ticket in Co Durham will have an impact I feel.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Apr 2015, 12:49 pm #628

(14 Apr 2015, 12:26 pm)Jimmi I'm meaning to have a look at the Peterlee - Sunderland services but due to other things coming up and being ill today I haven't been able to do this.

I wonder if there are some patterns for those making regular return trips?

Those with a GNE bus at either end of the route, will more than likely use them.

Those coming from Peterlee or areas served by ANE in East Durham and travelling North, will more than likely use the ANE services.

Obviously conc holders may not be as fussy, but the lack of a longer term, multi-operator ticket in Co Durham will have an impact I feel.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm #629
On VOSA today:

PB0002717/165 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Metrocentre given service number X24 effective from 30-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0002717/398 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Skelton Green
Finish Point: Lingdale
Via:
Service Number: Skelton Green Shuttle
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 13-APR-2015
Other Details: Temporary shuttle service
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 3:53 pm #629

On VOSA today:

PB0002717/165 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Metrocentre given service number X24 effective from 30-Mar-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB0002717/398 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Skelton Green
Finish Point: Lingdale
Via:
Service Number: Skelton Green Shuttle
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 13-APR-2015
Other Details: Temporary shuttle service

9920up

14 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm #630
The Darlington Service 3/3A/3B timetables from 17.5.15 appear incorrect. They show the new half hourly service 3 to Hummersknott Academy. They then show the "old" service 3 to Tees Grange Avenue as well looking like a ghost or near duplicate service. Surprisingly Tees Grange Avenue has not been removed from the timetable despite it no longer being served from this date . This error is replicated in the down loadable PDF version also.
Have reported this to Arriva but without any response (to date) :s
9920up
14 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm #630

The Darlington Service 3/3A/3B timetables from 17.5.15 appear incorrect. They show the new half hourly service 3 to Hummersknott Academy. They then show the "old" service 3 to Tees Grange Avenue as well looking like a ghost or near duplicate service. Surprisingly Tees Grange Avenue has not been removed from the timetable despite it no longer being served from this date . This error is replicated in the down loadable PDF version also.

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm #631
(14 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm)9920up The Darlington Service 3/3A/3B timetables from 17.5.15 appear incorrect. They show the new half hourly service 3 to Hummersknott Academy. They then show the "old" service 3 to Tees Grange Avenue as well looking like a ghost or near duplicate service. Surprisingly Tees Grange Avenue has not been removed from the timetable despite it no longer being served from this date . This error is replicated in the down loadable PDF version also.

I noticed that too.

This online timetable for the 3/3A/3B looks an absolute mess, although they always do but this is a whole different level of bad.

Also think it is a bit silly having the service only run via Barnes Road in one direction what if people want to go to Mowden Shops from Barnes Road, they can get there on the 3 but not back Huh  meaning they'd either have to walk or get the Scarlet Band 16 back (although who knows if the 16/16A will continue after June when the funding runs out).
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm #631

(14 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm)9920up The Darlington Service 3/3A/3B timetables from 17.5.15 appear incorrect. They show the new half hourly service 3 to Hummersknott Academy. They then show the "old" service 3 to Tees Grange Avenue as well looking like a ghost or near duplicate service. Surprisingly Tees Grange Avenue has not been removed from the timetable despite it no longer being served from this date . This error is replicated in the down loadable PDF version also.

I noticed that too.

This online timetable for the 3/3A/3B looks an absolute mess, although they always do but this is a whole different level of bad.

Also think it is a bit silly having the service only run via Barnes Road in one direction what if people want to go to Mowden Shops from Barnes Road, they can get there on the 3 but not back Huh  meaning they'd either have to walk or get the Scarlet Band 16 back (although who knows if the 16/16A will continue after June when the funding runs out).

9920up

14 Apr 2015, 9:20 pm #632
(14 Apr 2015, 9:01 pm)Jimmi I noticed that too.

Same thing happens at Whinfield (again). You can get from Barmpton Lane to Asda on the 10. But when the 14B goes you can't get back again. Why the 10 is a one way loop is a mystery known only to Arriva.
9920up
14 Apr 2015, 9:20 pm #632

Same thing happens at Whinfield (again). You can get from Barmpton Lane to Asda on the 10. But when the 14B goes you can't get back again. Why the 10 is a one way loop is a mystery known only to Arriva.

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm #633
(14 Apr 2015, 9:20 pm)9920up Same thing happens at Whinfield (again). You can get from Barmpton Lane to Asda on the 10. But when the 14B goes you can't get back again. Why the 10 is a one way loop is a mystery known only to Arriva.
It is rather ridiculous having a loop as big as that and having a bus only go one way round.
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm #633

(14 Apr 2015, 9:20 pm)9920up Same thing happens at Whinfield (again). You can get from Barmpton Lane to Asda on the 10. But when the 14B goes you can't get back again. Why the 10 is a one way loop is a mystery known only to Arriva.
It is rather ridiculous having a loop as big as that and having a bus only go one way round.

John_R

14 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm #634

What's more ridiculous is that if you live in Barnes Road/Claxton Avenue to get to town you have a longer journey due having to go around Hummersknott. I know Mowden isn't a very profitable bus area, but they seem to be making it worse.

I would also hope the 2 stops on Fulthorpe Avenue which haven't been used since the withdrawal of the 22 in 2000 are reinstated, in order to mitigate the effect of the new route - although the new timetable doesn't show these stops.
John_R
14 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm #634

What's more ridiculous is that if you live in Barnes Road/Claxton Avenue to get to town you have a longer journey due having to go around Hummersknott. I know Mowden isn't a very profitable bus area, but they seem to be making it worse.

I would also hope the 2 stops on Fulthorpe Avenue which haven't been used since the withdrawal of the 22 in 2000 are reinstated, in order to mitigate the effect of the new route - although the new timetable doesn't show these stops.

Jimmi

14 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm #635
(14 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm)John_R What's more ridiculous is that if you live in Barnes Road/Claxton Avenue to get to town you have a longer journey due having to go around Hummersknott. I know Mowden isn't a very profitable bus area, but they seem to be making it worse.

I think if the Scarlet Band 16/16A continues I think Arriva will lose some passengers to the 16/16A.
Jimmi
14 Apr 2015, 9:26 pm #635

(14 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm)John_R What's more ridiculous is that if you live in Barnes Road/Claxton Avenue to get to town you have a longer journey due having to go around Hummersknott. I know Mowden isn't a very profitable bus area, but they seem to be making it worse.

I think if the Scarlet Band 16/16A continues I think Arriva will lose some passengers to the 16/16A.

Jimmi

17 Apr 2015, 11:22 am #636
On VOSA today:

PB0002717/181 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Croxdale and St Johns Bishop Auckland given service number 865 effective from 17-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/238 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Newcastle given service number X12 effective from 19-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/258 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Cockfield given service number 6 effective from 17-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/341 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland and Toft Hill given service number 86 effective from 17-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Think the 6, 86 and 865 changes could be them returning to their normal routes through Bishop Auckland.

May be wrong but it looks like the 75/76 becoming the X75/X76 could be put back until 26th May due to the on-going long term diversion at Calbury still being closed.
Jimmi
17 Apr 2015, 11:22 am #636

On VOSA today:

PB0002717/181 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Croxdale and St Johns Bishop Auckland given service number 865 effective from 17-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/238 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Newcastle given service number X12 effective from 19-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/258 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Durham and Cockfield given service number 6 effective from 17-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/341 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Bishop Auckland and Toft Hill given service number 86 effective from 17-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Think the 6, 86 and 865 changes could be them returning to their normal routes through Bishop Auckland.

May be wrong but it looks like the 75/76 becoming the X75/X76 could be put back until 26th May due to the on-going long term diversion at Calbury still being closed.

Kuyoyo

23 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm #637
PB0002717/289 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanhope and Durham given service number 46 effective from 21-Jun-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
Kuyoyo
23 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm #637

PB0002717/289 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stanhope and Durham given service number 46 effective from 21-Jun-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Jimmi

28 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm #638
PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham and Ushaw College given service number U1 effective from 21-Jun-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/302 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Lingdale given service number 747/746 effective from 13-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
Edited 28 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
28 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm #638

PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted: Operating between Durham and Ushaw College given service number U1 effective from 21-Jun-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002717/302 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Middlesbrough and Lingdale given service number 747/746 effective from 13-Apr-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Cock Robin

29 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm #639
(28 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm)Jimmi PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

End of Clock roadworks??
Cock Robin
29 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm #639

(28 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm)Jimmi PB0002717/280 - ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP

End of Clock roadworks??

tyresmoke

29 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm #640
(29 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm)Cock Robin End of Clock roadworks??

No it'll have been the start of the diversion in Skelton I would think.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
29 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm #640

(29 Apr 2015, 12:41 pm)Cock Robin End of Clock roadworks??

No it'll have been the start of the diversion in Skelton I would think.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Pages (181) Previous 131 32 33181 Next

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average