North East Buses

Full Version: QuayCity VOLTRA Yutong E12's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Martijn has revealed the new Yutong E12's for the ??? Look much nicer than the Voltra 1's Interior Wise https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/15...0781570048
(08 Jul 2022, 1:02 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]Martijn has revealed the new Yutong E12's for the ??? Look much nicer than the Voltra 1's Interior Wise https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/15...0781570048
Nice yellow front end  Wink
(08 Jul 2022, 1:02 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]Martijn has revealed the new Yutong E12's for the ??? Look much nicer than the Voltra 1's Interior Wise https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/15...0781570048
I hate the Voltra's so much, where the wheelchair space is cos they now have NSA Screens it just blocks the view. I hate them, not to mention the NSA never seem to work
Those seats look very Transpennine Express-esque
(08 Jul 2022, 2:31 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I hate the Voltra's so much, where the wheelchair space is cos they now have NSA Screens it just blocks the view. I hate them, not to mention the NSA never seem to work
I think these ones will be much better
(08 Jul 2022, 2:44 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]I think these ones will be much better
No they won't. There replaced QuayCity  Angry
(08 Jul 2022, 2:44 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]I think these ones will be much better
They still have that awful display which blocks your view
(08 Jul 2022, 2:49 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]They still have that awful display which blocks your view
Which awful display
(08 Jul 2022, 3:20 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Which awful display
I don't know if you're aware, but those things on the side of the bus are called windows. That's where the view is

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
the awful display for next stops etc, where the wheelchairs go, it blocks the entire view down the bus.
(08 Jul 2022, 3:53 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]the awful display for next stops etc, where the wheelchairs go, it blocks the entire view down the bus.

You mean the display that is positioned there so that wheelchair users can also see the NSAs?
(08 Jul 2022, 3:53 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]the awful display for next stops etc, where the wheelchairs go, it blocks the entire view down the bus.
Does it really though, that ~20cm tall screen blocks the 'entire view' down the bus?

That screen is there so people in wheelchairs can see the next stop info, you're suggesting they take away an accessibility feature so you can see a little bit more of the windscreen?

Get a grip

(08 Jul 2022, 4:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Does it really though, that ~20cm tall screen blocks the 'entire view' down the bus?

That screen is there so people in wheelchairs can see the next stop info, you're suggesting they take away an accessibility feature so you can see a little bit more of the windscreen?

Get a grip

If you are past the steps, it directly blocks it all the way down.

Im not saying its a bad feature, personally I love that it is there so people in wheelchairs can see what the next stop/approx arrival, however I feel it is badly placed.
Yeah, could it not go there?
[Image: unknown.png]
Tbh though, it's only really going to block your view to the front if you're sitting in one of the seats right at the back.

I'm also not a massive fan of the green on the seats and the grassy floor, could they not have gone for a darker shade?
Unbelievable how a brand new, 12m long, 2.5m wide by 10 foot high bus (that's an awful lot of area) can be ruined by a 20cm NSA screen, honestly you really cant please everyone! just sit on the other side!
(08 Jul 2022, 4:43 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Yeah, could it not go there?
[Image: unknown.png]
Tbh though, it's only really going to block your view to the front if you're sitting in one of the seats right at the back.

I'm also not a massive fan of the green on the seats and the grassy floor, could they not have gone for a darker shade?
Then you're directly blocking the view of the front seats, which id argue is worse.

When you're at the back, it's not blocking your view at all, maybe I'm just weird, but I'm basically never looking directly forward out of the front window that's like 6-7m away. When you're that high up, your view our of the window is going to be mostly road with a hint of pavement. And, if you're lucky, a bit of reg plate of the car in front

(08 Jul 2022, 4:49 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Then you're directly blocking the view of the front seats, which id argue is worse.

When you're at the back, it's not blocking your view at all, maybe I'm just weird, but I'm basically never looking directly forward out of the front window that's like 6-7m away. When you're that high up, your view our of the window is going to be mostly road with a hint of pavement. And, if you're lucky, a bit of reg plate of the car in front

Not really unless I'm completely misjudging the size of the seats. If you're so short you can't see out the side window, frankly, you're not going to have much of a view anyway.
(08 Jul 2022, 4:50 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Not really unless I'm completely misjudging the size of the seats. If you're so short you can't see out the side window, frankly, you're not going to have much of a view anyway.
Isn't the window line on the Yutongs quite high? I haven't been on one for a while so I can't quite remember.

If they're the same height as the V3s, then the top of the head rest is about the height of my chin, so it probably wouldn't affect me in terms of view, but it would feel more enclosed.

(08 Jul 2022, 4:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Isn't the window line on the Yutongs quite high? I haven't been on one for a while so I can't quite remember.

If they're the same height as the V3s, then the top of the head rest is about the height of my chin, so it probably wouldn't affect me in terms of view, but it would feel more enclosed.

if you look at some of the seats, in the photo before the steps, that window line is so high, its taller than the seats.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16