North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(24 Feb 2013, 5:34 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]
(24 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I am led to believe that some of the new TEN deckers have entered service again today.

All back in service; as a result, Citaros have moved to Gateshead. I got photos today, will be on Flickr soon.
More info in today's DD.

When I left work on Friday, only 9 of the 12 were ready for service and the remaining were going to be completed on Monday, so if all 12 are in service, they must have been sorted yesterday.
(24 Feb 2013, 5:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]
(24 Feb 2013, 5:34 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]
(24 Feb 2013, 5:25 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I am led to believe that some of the new TEN deckers have entered service again today.

All back in service; as a result, Citaros have moved to Gateshead. I got photos today, will be on Flickr soon.
More info in today's DD.

When I left work on Friday, only 9 of the 12 were ready for service and the remaining were going to be completed on Monday, so if all 12 are in service, they must have been sorted yesterday.

I was told today they're all sorted, but y'know, we've all been told before about believing drivers...
The driver today noticed me taking photos about 10 minutes beforehand and just as he was about to replace a Citaro, he pulled over and told me to go explore the bus - was chuffed! Already had some interior shots from Monday, but had a much better opportunity today. Wink
That's great news, I was hoping they'd be back n service by Tuesday as I was planning on going to Blaydon again. And Daniel I look forward to looking at these photos.
Where have the B10's gone from Gateshead, have they being spilt up so the main depots gets some.. such as Winlaton, Deptford etc
(24 Feb 2013, 5:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Where have the B10's gone from Gateshead, have they being spilt up so the main depots gets some.. such as Winlaton, Deptford etc

All Renowns were still with Gateshead at 16:00. I believe the original plan was for them to all go to Winlaton, but plans may have changed since.
Go North East are likely to update us tomorrow on the fleet news. Wink
Cheers, hopefully they do update it
I would suspect the fleet movements to be happening between now and midnight across all depots, I hope Washington get some more renowns as I hate seeing MPD's on the M1 everyday.

Check out the Service Suggestions Page as I've came up with quite a few ideas

thetravelman

Hi, ive been enjoying following this forum tye last couple of weeks, takes me hack to my childhood where I was obsessed with buses, when I played with my toy cars, I also had a large selection of buses and most of my games revolved around the buses, I even built bus stations with dominos..... arr those were the days. Back then my dream job was to become a bus driver... however never got that far.

Anyway, reason for my input is to say I've just caught site of a new decker going thru Prudhoe at around 5pm, on the 10 service to Hexham. Wish I had been a few seconds earlier at coming out of the shop and I would of got a great view, however unfortunately it was well along the road by the time I noticed. Well I presume it was a new double decker it had all the new livery from what I could see.

Also not certain but im sure a a new decker was following me up A69 earlier today towards Hexham, I presume it was being delivered to Hexham, again it was a little way back to be certain and I could only see from my rear view mirror.

Cheers.
(24 Feb 2013, 6:18 pm)thetravelman wrote [ -> ]Hi, ive been enjoying following this forum tye last couple of weeks, takes me hack to my childhood where I was obsessed with buses, when I played with my toy cars, I also had a large selection of buses and most of my games revolved around the buses, I even built bus stations with dominos..... arr those were the days. Back then my dream job was to become a bus driver... however never got that far.

Anyway, reason for my input is to say I've just caught site of a new decker going thru Prudhoe at around 5pm, on the 10 service to Hexham. Wish I had been a few seconds earlier at coming out of the shop and I would of got a great view, however unfortunately it was well along the road by the time I noticed. Well I presume it was a new double decker it had all the new livery from what I could see.

Also not certain but im sure a a new decker was following me up A69 earlier today towards Hexham, I presume it was being delivered to Hexham, again it was a little way back to be certain and I could only see from my rear view mirror.

Cheers.

Yup, highly likely. By 2pm or so, the B9s replaced the majority of the vehicles on the 10/10A service. Only those that were down at Hexham when the replacement process was in place may not have been replaced.

Again, also likely. I was told they're all ready, so it would only seem right for those that didn't make it out in service to be delivered to their rightful depots.
DAILY DIGEST: 24/02/13

First, several "TEN" branded B9TLs were put back out in service today. For some of them, it was their first time out in service. Photos can be seen below:
6071 (danielgrahamm)
6073 (danielgrahamm)
6074 (LVNW)
6075 (danielgrahamm)
6076 (danielgrahamm)
6082 (danielgrahamm)

Those B9TLs that weren't put back out in service were transferred to their appropriate depots from Saltmeadows today, as can be seen below:
6077 (danielgrahamm)

As a result of this, several Citaros were once again transferred to Gateshead. Difference this time was that this included Hexham-based Citaros too, as the B9TLs replaced several different Citaros through the afternoon, and not just Winlaton-based ones! A photo of one can be seen below:
5328 (danielgrahamm)

Next, 4908 - which was the final "Crusader" branded Renown - has been debranded, as can be seen below:
4908 branded as "Crusader" - 23/02/13 (danielgrahamm)
4908 debranded - 24/02/13 (danielgrahamm)

Also, "Blaydon Racers" branded Citaros have had their destination blinds re-coded; as such, they have acquired a red coloured square around their blue/purple number. This is not particularly new, but can be seen in the picture below:
5282 (danielgrahamm)

Work on Go North East's new depot was postponed today - they must have Sundays off! Although they worked through the snow yesterday, they didn't manage to work today. Anyway, photos of progress can be seen below:
1 (danielgrahamm)
2 (danielgrahamm)
3 (danielgrahamm)

Solar Fusion 4952 has returned to Gateshead's depot, and the first photo of it has hit Flickr. It can be seen in the blue and black base below:
4952 (danielgrahamm)

Penultimately, as always, work continues on the "Buses By Brand" collection.
- [ADD] 5227 (Highwayman)
- [ADD] 6076/82 (TEN)

Finally, odd workings...
- "Highwayman" 5227 on service 95 (danielgrahamm)
- Plain maroon branded 4908 on "X66 Metrocentre" express service X66 (danielgrahamm)
(24 Feb 2013, 8:48 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Also, "Blaydon Racers" branded Citaros have had their destination blinds re-coded; as such, they have acquired a red coloured square around their blue/purple number. This is not particularly new, but can be seen in the picture below:
5282 (danielgrahamm)

On the Hanover program, the numbers are done in white, but when put onto the vehicles the LED's make them look slightly blue.
The idea is to have a darkish background with a white number and the outline of the number done in black (no colour in reality).
Citaro 5328 has been running on the 24 all day. Saw it at about 15:30 at Wrekenton heading towards Gateshead.
Solo SR 629 on Staff Shuttles, resulted in Simplicity 8235 making its way onto the 700. Very rare indeed.
I seen it on the 700 about 15 mins ago at the wheatchef
(25 Feb 2013, 4:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I seen it on the 700 about 15 mins ago at the wheatchef

Little longer than that - arrived Park Lane for 16:02 Smile
(25 Feb 2013, 4:32 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]
(25 Feb 2013, 4:12 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I seen it on the 700 about 15 mins ago at the wheatchef

Ah oh well i was on the phone at the time, i just came out off work so was around the time left
(25 Feb 2013, 5:50 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]
(25 Feb 2013, 4:32 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]

Ah oh well i was on the phone at the time, i just came out off work so was around the time left

Yeah, went out for my photo and got it. Waited 15 minutes more to see if another was on on the working behind just in case you weren't a little off with your timings, but it was a Solo SR.

Photos to come, and more info will be given on today's DD!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
Northern Wright Cadet on the 61 sporting new 1913-2013 Logos. A few SPD's and other Cadets and other buses have also had the updated branding applied. this includes 3982.

4865 Lambton Worm on the Lime 78, this started service at Park Lane around 1pm, this was it's first journey of the day.

8235 on the Simplicity 42 (A great photo I think you'll agree) http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

542 on 39 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
Other Odd Allocations
Northern Renown on the 42 Got a photo but a car got in the way
Northern SPD on Staff Shuttle later replaced by a Sunderland Connect Solo SR
Simplicity Versa on the 700 missed this due to being on the 2C
(25 Feb 2013, 3:42 pm)Liam wrote [ -> ]One of the TEN B9s is on Toon Link 31. Just left Newcastle.

It was 6081. Viewable here on my Flickr.

Also 5314 was on Toon Link 47.
(25 Feb 2013, 3:56 pm)Adam wrote [ -> ]Citaro 5328 has been running on the 24 all day. Saw it at about 15:30 at Wrekenton heading towards Gateshead.

Silver Citaro 5310 operated 2 trips on service 57, until being replaced by 5169 at 09:20, with 5310 then going onto service 58 at 10:55.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12