North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Aug 2014, 2:38 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Noted either 6116/6117 been shunted around the back part of Percy Main depot as I passed around 1pm this afternoon.

Obviously, all buses are now back from Glasgow.

This will result in the transfer of the Dennis Tridents which were on loan to Washington and Deptford back to Percy Main tonight or tomorrow. All of Deptford's are still in use today, so if you're in the area and see one, grab a photo while you can, everyone!

Dennis Trident 3874, which was on loan to Deptford (and latterly Washington) has already returned to Percy Main, having been repainted.
Looks like someone has acted upon my suggestion at GNE HQ Smile For the Great North Run, they're making available a special 3 day m-ticket for £10. It appears to have no restrictions, other than it must be used on the 5th - 7th September. Not bad!

https://www.simplygo.com/news/great-nort...kets#fares
Does anyone know how the Citaro is doing on the X66?

Is it due on the Lime next?
(04 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know how the Citaro is doing on the X66?

Is it due on the Lime next?

I used it again this morning from Gateshead to Riverside, via the Metrocentre (to test it on the bank), and it coped very well indeed.

citaro5284 said it was 'very likely' that the Merc would move onto the Lime for its remaining time in the fleet, once it moves on from Riverside.
(04 Aug 2014, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I used it again this morning from Gateshead to Riverside, via the Metrocentre (to test it on the bank), and it coped very well indeed.

citaro5284 said it was 'very likely' that the Merc would move onto the Lime for its remaining time in the fleet, once it moves on from Riverside.

I used it and loved it!
Could cope well on the Limes.
(04 Aug 2014, 4:58 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I used it again this morning from Gateshead to Riverside, via the Metrocentre (to test it on the bank), and it coped very well indeed.

Can u notice any difference between the ones on the 4 and that one?

Oops must of missed citaro's post about it!

------------------
While i'm posting, ill post what GNE have just posted on their facebook page!

We have been advised that there will be some daytime stand closures at Consett Bus Station to allow some roofing work to be undertaken. The stands affected are:
Wednesday 6 August - Stands J & K.
Friday 8 August - Stands G & H.
Tuesday 12 August - Stands E & F.
Notices will be placed in the bus station advising passengers that whilst the stands are out of use, buses will depart from adjacent stands.

I had from Metrocentre to Gateshead this afternoon and I quite liked it, it preformed well and was quite comfortable.
(04 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I had from Metrocentre to Gateshead this afternoon and I quite liked it, it preformed well and was quite comfortable.

Thing is the 8/78/78A is a lot longer than the X66, so it would be interesting to see how well it does cope
(04 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Can u notice any difference between the ones on the 4 and that one?

They sound a lot different. The new Euro 6 one is a lot quieter, and doesn't 'roar' as much when accelerating as the current Mercs in the fleet.

Other than that, still very powerful and should be able to cope with long distance service work. I just fear that the price tag may put GNE off.
(04 Aug 2014, 5:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They sound a lot different. The new Euro 6 one is a lot quieter, and doesn't 'roar' as much when accelerating as the current Mercs in the fleet.

Other than that, still very powerful and should be able to cope with long distance service work. I just fear that the price tag may put GNE off.

Hopefully the price doesn't put them off
(04 Aug 2014, 5:04 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Thing is the 8/78/78A is a lot longer than the X66, so it would be interesting to see how well it does cope

Id say the citaro is designed for 'Long distance routes' so i dont think it should have a problem.
(04 Aug 2014, 1:46 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]3941 and 3963 have been back for a few days now, and was discussed a while ago as you say.

3964 arrived back at Riverside at 1pm this afternoon. It has just been checked over by engineering.

saw 3864 inside the depot was gonna get a shot outside the fence but it was sandwiched in loads of buses eg Northern ones and other route branded ones meanwhile while on my travels 4949 is on the pits still in its present livery British Leigion and doesnt look that bad fire damaged
(04 Aug 2014, 6:03 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]saw 3864 inside the depot was gonna get a shot outside the fence but it was sandwiched in loads of buses eg Northern ones and other route branded ones meanwhile while on my travels 4949 is on the pits still in its present livery British Leigion and doesnt look that bad fire damaged
4949 hasnt moved from that position for around 2 Months now.
(04 Aug 2014, 6:03 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]saw 3864 inside the depot was gonna get a shot outside the fence but it was sandwiched in loads of buses eg Northern ones and other route branded ones meanwhile while on my travels 4949 is on the pits still in its present livery British Leigion and doesnt look that bad fire damaged

(04 Aug 2014, 6:25 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]4949 hasnt moved from that position for around 2 Months now.

Depending on when you were there, 3964 would have been at the back somewhere. Like I say, arrived back from Glasgow at about 13:00.

As 4949 suffered an engine bay fire, its damage will only really be visible from the back. As only the front of 4949 is exposed, we can't really see the progress. I've regularly seen DiagTest vans at Riverside, so work will be ongoing.
Last time I was there was Last Thursday to get picture of 9120, but I have been over Riverside way on Several Occasions before then
(04 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oops must of missed citaro's post about it!

So disappointed in you Michael.....Tongue
(04 Aug 2014, 7:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]So disappointed in you Michael.....Tongue

Sorry Tongue

What day will it move on to the Lime?
(04 Aug 2014, 7:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]at day will it move on to the Lime?

Unsure, as I am on annual leave this week.
(04 Aug 2014, 7:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sorry Tongue

What day will it move on to the Lime?

When its had its 'week' (however long that means, could be more than a week) on the X66? Smile
(04 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]When its had its 'week' (however long that means, could be more than a week) on the X66? Smile

Well 9120 entered Service on Friday 1st August on the X66, So I would assume it's last day on the X66 will be Friday 8th, or Sunday 10th at the Latest before moving to another Depot on Monday 11th, and continuing in Service on Tuesday 12th, as the Drivers will need Familiarization beforehand, which as we know takes a Day.