North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Aug 2014, 12:00 pm)Racer_Experience wrote [ -> ]Thought they did have wifi already as in 2010 wifi was introduced on public transport in late 2010 when these vehicles were new to Percy Main Depot I usually get excellent wifi on 5328/5329/5330/5332 when am on 27 when they were new to Hexham depot 4 years ago they were really excellent with wifi

Funny that 5328/29/30/32 don't have wi-fi!
(06 Aug 2014, 12:01 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Funny that 5328/29/30/32 don't have wi-fi!

Thought they did with being a 10 reg plated bus I like wifi am on 6067 the wifi is ok but when near a hill it does have a minor glitch
Yeah, the only Citaros in the GNE fleet that have WiFi are the Connections4 Citaros i believe. Dont think any examples before these have been fitted with Wifi and the first buses in the fleet with Wifi were the Red Arrows B9s.
Dennis Trident 3879 is the latest in for repaint.
Just been wondering, is 5390s front destination a trial or is it a purchased display? Just i know it was intended for a trial but has been in it for longer than i think was originally said (3 months or something)?
Has anyone got any pics of the ex citylink bendies
(06 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm)speedwheels22 wrote [ -> ]Has anyone got any pics of the ex citylink bendies

Well if you type ''Flickr'' in Google, and then search ''Go North East Citylink'' into the search engine in flickr you can find some! Not that hard is it?
Fdggfggbhjhfxx
(06 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm)speedwheels22 wrote [ -> ]Has anyone got any pics of the ex citylink bendies

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=GO%20NO...20CITYLINK
(07 Aug 2014, 9:09 am)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=GO%20NO...20CITYLINK

It's so hard, isn't it?
(07 Aug 2014, 9:10 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]It's so hard, isn't it?

I must admit it was a significant challenge, but I got there in the end! Tongue
(07 Aug 2014, 9:10 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]It's so hard, isn't it?

Not everyone is so technical! And there isn't such a need to be so rude, condescending and arrogant when someone asks for help!! I come on here to talk buses not witness someone be so rude.
(08 Aug 2014, 2:21 am)Coastliner700 wrote [ -> ]Not everyone is so technical! And there isn't such a need to be so rude, condescending and arrogant when someone asks for help!! I come on here to talk buses not witness someone be so rude.

I agree with this.

While I understand it may be irritating for some when people request information which is relatively easy to obtain, we mustn't always assume everyone has the same knowledge.

If one has the time to make critical comments when forum members ask for assistance then presumably one also has the time to help. There is no need to be dismissive; if you don't want to help - ignore.

I have witnessed many discussion forums succumb to unnecessary snarkiness when posters ask questions - please don't let this forum go the same way.
Anyone know the logic of renumbering the 937 out of Team Valley as X22?

Are they taking my route the X22 via Retail World idea? haha
(08 Aug 2014, 11:59 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I agree with this.

While I understand it may be irritating for some when people request information which is relatively easy to obtain, we mustn't always assume everyone has the same knowledge.

If one has the time to make critical comments when forum members ask for assistance then presumably one also has the time to help. There is no need to be dismissive; if you don't want to help - ignore.

I have witnessed many discussion forums succumb to unnecessary snarkiness when posters ask questions - please don't let this forum go the same way.

If they are capable of joining a forum and writing the post then why cant they search Google for a photo? It is just pure laziness.
(08 Aug 2014, 11:59 am)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I have witnessed many discussion forums succumb to unnecessary snarkiness when posters ask questions - please don't let this forum go the same way.

It won't. Smile
(08 Aug 2014, 5:55 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]It won't. Smile

I apologize - I'll follow Adam's advice next time and just ignore it, as my reply was a bit rude and it won't happen again.
I couldn't see the SSID being broadcast for the WiFi on 6064 this morning (approx 7am). Apologies for not posting sooner, but had no data connection all day.
Is there any point in running the 1 to Wrekenton, instead of just having the 24?

It causes delays, and very few passengers use it from Newcastle.
(08 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Is there any point in running the 1 to Wrekenton, instead of just having the 24?

It causes delays, and very few passengers use it from Newcastle.

I would argue otherwise, as I have used the 1 on Several Occasions from Gateshead to my Dads near Low Fell, and loadings have been decent when I been on it, Majority of the time I otherwise use the 21. But I can see the point you are making in regards to Reliability of the Service etc.