North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(08 Oct 2014, 8:18 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]17 in Total, Using 15 Volvo B5LH's and 2 B7TL Geminis although the PVR can Increase during the Day if the Service is Running Late.
GNE are advertising for upcoming events at Beamish museum 

http://www.simplygo.com/news/beamish-museum-evenings
so how many buses does Chester le street have on lime service 78-8
(08 Oct 2014, 12:12 pm)jaimz13 wrote [ -> ]so how many buses does Chester le street have on lime service 78-8

6 i think 

Only 3 branded remain though. 

--------------------------------

Heard that the first of the fab fifty B10's will be in the paint shop in the next couple of weeks... 
(08 Oct 2014, 1:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]6 i think 

Only 3 branded remain though. 

--------------------------------

Heard that the first of the fab fifty B10's will be in the paint shop in the next couple of weeks... 

The PVR of the Lime at Chester-le-Street Depot sits at seven vehicles at present, and they previously had seven branded vehicles to cover that PVR (4850/51/52/53/54/55/96).
The PVR of the Lime at Stanley Depot sits at six vehicles at present, and they previously had six branded vehicles to cover that PVR (4897/98/99, 4900/01/02).

Now of course the majority of the allocation has been repainted, with just 4853/54/55 remaining in "Lime" livery.
Noted the other night that Carville Front Street is due to be resurfaced.
Expect delays on the 20. Depending how big the queues are, possibly the 'via Pittington' services too.
(08 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The PVR of the Lime at Chester-le-Street Depot sits at seven vehicles at present, and they previously had seven branded vehicles to cover that PVR (4850/51/52/53/54/55/96).
The PVR of the Lime at Stanley Depot sits at six vehicles at present, and they previously had six branded vehicles to cover that PVR (4897/98/99, 4900/01/02).

Now of course the majority of the allocation has been repainted, with just 4853/54/55 remaining in "Lime" livery.

I knew one of them had 7, just couldn't be bothered to check which depot. lol
Are  the B5LH's reliable on the 21?
(08 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Are  the B5LH's reliable on the 21?

I don't believe that they're frequently VOR, so I can only assume that the amount of red spares on the Angel is due to late-running...
Whilst in Gateshead This Afternoon I once again Witnessed Fab56's being Regulated, If I was a Passenger in Newcastle I would be furious with the level of Service that they are currently Receiving.

[attachment=5974]

[attachment=5975]

(08 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Are  the B5LH's reliable on the 21?

yes i've never seen one of them breakdown within the last 2 years since they have been on the road
yes i've never seen one of them breakdown within the last 2 years since they have been on the road
Just because you've never seen one breakdown doesn't necessarily mean they are reliable (although they are probably okay) for example I never saw a Waggonway DAF breakdown but that doesn't mean they never broke down (we all know how bad they were and I probably never saw one breakdown because they probably did somewhere en route to Newcastle or Chester-le-Street)
(08 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Whilst in Gateshead This Afternoon I once again Witnessed Fab56's being Regulated, If I was a Passenger in Newcastle I would be furious with the level of Service that they are currently Receiving.

Service 56 is regularly regulated at Sunderland too.
The truth of the matter is, it is clearly operating to Go-Ahead's (very high) standards - otherwise Go North East would have to make service changes.

They are limited in what they can achieve. Go North East is currently concentrating on improving the engineering departments, making sure that there are fewer VORs and the quality of repairs is better than it was previously. Additional spare vehicles help with this. Having 6099 and 6100 around makes Deptford's lives a lot easier, which is why service changes which would result in one or both of them becoming a part of the PVR is unlikely.
Of course this is not to suggest that it won't happen - see recent Cobalt Clipper changes...
Does anyone know if there is a current service from Newcastle through to Dalton Park?

Thanks!
(09 Oct 2014, 6:46 am)stubus wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if there is a current service from Newcastle through to Dalton Park?

Thanks!

Hi, 
No there isn't. There are however several ways you could get there. You could get the X36 from Newcastle to Sunderland, then the 24 or 61 from Sunderland to Seaham. Or, you could get the X9 from Newcastle to Peterlee, then the 202 from there, or a X1 from Newcastle to Hetton, then a 265 from there.
Thanks Tom

That's much appreciated.
Looks like it's going to be a bit of a road trip!

(09 Oct 2014, 6:49 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Hi, 
No there isn't. There are however several ways you could get there. You could get the X36 from Newcastle to Sunderland, then the 24 or 61 from Sunderland to Seaham. Or, you could get the X9 from Newcastle to Peterlee, then the 202 from there, or a X1 from Newcastle to Hetton, then a 265 from there.
Like now...most of them, what ive seen are running in 2's... this is the 56's.
(09 Oct 2014, 5:55 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Service 56 is regularly regulated at Sunderland too.
The truth of the matter is, it is clearly operating to Go-Ahead's (very high) standards - otherwise Go North East would have to make service changes.

They are limited in what they can achieve. Go North East is currently concentrating on improving the engineering departments, making sure that there are fewer VORs and the quality of repairs is better than it was previously. Additional spare vehicles help with this. Having 6099 and 6100 around makes Deptford's lives a lot easier, which is why service changes which would result in one or both of them becoming a part of the PVR is unlikely.
Of course this is not to suggest that it won't happen - see recent Cobalt Clipper changes...

So therefore Passengers on both ends of the Route end up Suffering a Loss of Service as a Result due them being Regulated, To be honest I think it pretty obvious what the Problem is with the 56, and that is the fact it stops at Every Single Stop between Sunderland and Newcastle, so if it then Stops at each of the 49 Stops for 30+ Seconds then it's clearly going to accumulate added time to the Journey and this where they start running in 2's and 3's because they can't keep to Timetable, and it's the same Scenario for the 21 as well.

Now the 56 has 6 Minutes Layover in Newcastle and 8 Minutes Layover in Sunderland meaning it has a Total of 14 Minutes Layover, using what I said above about it stopping at all 49 Stops for 30+ Seconds then that Layover Period is non-existent as 49 x 0.30 amounts to 14 Minutes, Meaning the Drivers wouldn't get a Break hence why the Services are being Regulated and we are yet to even factor in the added time for Roadworks etc which would again make the Service run even more Late than it should be.

Clearly changes need to be made to the 56 and I don't think adding a few Extra Minutes to the Layover Period would help at all whatsoever in terms of improving the Reliability of the Service, Perhaps splitting up the 56 into 2 or 3 separate Services may then improve the Service, I know it's been mentioned on Several Occasions in the Service Suggestions Thread about having an X56, But what would be the point when we already have the X36 which Mirrors some sections of the Route already, A simple Rebrand/Renumbering of the X36 could have Passengers Flocking onto the Service and in turn giving it that much needed Boost from the Sunderland end of the Route.

(09 Oct 2014, 11:51 am)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]To be honest I think it pretty obvious what the Problem is with the 56, and that is the fact it stops at Every Single Stop between Sunderland and Newcastle, so if it then Stops at each of the 49 Stops for 30+ Seconds then it's clearly going to accumulate added time to the Journey and this where they start running in 2's and 3's because they can't keep to Timetable.
That's the problem with stage carriage services.

If they didn't have to keep stopping to pick up and put down passengers they could maintain the schedule.
Crowded services will suffer bunching as following vehicles have less passengers to pickup, so less stopping needed.

'Twas always thus . . .
You do realise that stopping time is built into the timetable..?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22