North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
I'm really behind on all of this DDA stuff. Does anybody have a list of all the requirements?

I can probably work out two using logic:
- Buses need to be low floor
- Route numbers need to be on the Right (left if inside the bus)
(09 Feb 2015, 8:08 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]I'm really behind on all of this DDA stuff. Does anybody have a list of all the requirements?

I can probably work out two using logic:
- Buses need to be low floor
- Route numbers need to be on the Right (left if inside the bus)

See here.
(09 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]See here.

Ta. I was seeing all of these posts about DDA regulations and i just didnt have a clue what they were until now. 
Who wants a game of 'Spot 5347 [or 5348] in Hants and Dorset trim'? Kind of gave what you are looking for away but here we go:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/15861819994/
Currently on one of the ex Drifter Versa's and the bell is keep ringing by its self..... -.-, ill try and get the fleet number  when i get off.

Edit: i bloody forgot to get the fleet number.
6020 is currently parked up on the drop off stand in the  galleries,not sure whats wrong but the engineer is attending.

Edit: just left 'not in service' with the driver at wheel, probables heading back to Deptford.
(10 Feb 2015, 8:26 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Currently on one of the ex Drifter Versa's and the bell is keep ringing by its self..... -.-, ill try and get the fleet number  when i get off.

It's not a bell - it is a similar noise to it though.

Not sure what it is, but they've all done it since new.
(10 Feb 2015, 10:12 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's not a bell - it is a similar noise to it though.

Not sure what it is, but they've all done it since new.
Is not the Next Stop Announcements tone by any chance.
(10 Feb 2015, 11:51 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Is not the Next Stop Announcements tone by any chance.
No - the former "Drifter" batch aren't fitted with Next Stop Announcements.
No idea then.
(10 Feb 2015, 8:26 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Currently on one of the ex Drifter Versa's and the bell is keep ringing by its self..... -.-, ill try and get the fleet number  when i get off.

When a warning light comes on dashboard, it makes the same noise a when the bell is pressed.  
(10 Feb 2015, 12:11 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]When a warning light comes on dashboard, it makes the same noise a when the bell is pressed.  

I don't know if this applies to other buses, but on MPDs there's a light that comes up "Bus Stop" on the dashboard when the bell is pressed.

Is it not just the indicator?
Currently on the 82 from Usworth and only 7 of us on (2 drivers), only going to Concord so won't be sure on passenger numbers after that.

Edit:All got off and 1 got on leaving concord...
4935 broke down in Gateshead
Wedding day to remember for bus driver bride.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/wedding-day...iver-bride

just thought i'd share, =)
(10 Feb 2015, 3:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wedding day to remember for bus driver bride.

http://www.simplygo.com/news/wedding-day...iver-bride

just thought i'd share, =)

I had her on a 21 a few of weeks ago. She's a really nice woman and a good driver. Big Grin

Although I'm not sure she's been at CLS that long, prior to the big rota changes a while back I can't recall ever seeing her driving a bus in CLS. Perhaps she was working for another depot at the time of their meeting in Durham?

Any CLS drivers know any more?
Why is it deptford drivers don't know where to stop on john street in Sunderland, the 35/36 stop At the first bus stop as both of these services go to Chester road first and service 20/20A stops the next one down.
(10 Feb 2015, 4:05 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Why is it deptford drivers don't know where to stop on john street in Sunderland, the 35/36 stop At the first bus stop as both of these services go to Chester road first and service 20/20A stops the next one down.

At Holmeside:
Services 20/20A observe the bus stop closest to Park Lane (ie the Stagecoach 3/4/13 stop) as it's a Durham Road service.

Services 35/36 observe the next stop down from my observations - not sure if they're meant to stop here though.

Services 2/2A observe the next stop down from that (ie the Stagecoach 16 stop) as it's direct to Chester Rd opposed to a Park Lane service.

If the 35/36 are rightly using the second stop down from The Point, then I've seen no driver incorrectly using a stand. Even when there has been congestion and drivers have had to wait to pull in, they've always used those stands.

On John St:
Tends to be a free for all as there are so many buses trying to get into the stops outside of Joplings at once. When there has been no other buses pulled in, I've had no issues with drivers actually serving the middle bus stop outside of Joplings. I can't recall an instance whereby a 35/36 has not used the stop closest to the cinema too, when there have been no other buses around. Have you observed otherwise?
(10 Feb 2015, 3:55 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]I had her on a 21 a few of weeks ago. She's a really nice woman and a good driver. Big Grin

Although I'm not sure she's been at CLS that long, prior to the big rota changes a while back I can't recall ever seeing her driving a bus in CLS. Perhaps she was working for another depot at the time of their meeting in Durham?

Any CLS drivers know any more?

She used to do the night bus when it ran every night, and is still on a lates rota now. Been at that depot since she started.

Generally won't see her before 3pm!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35