North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Does anyone know when GNE will get the streetlite decker on demo? (not sure if i have the correct bus...)
(16 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know when GNE will get the streetlite decker on demo? (not sure if i have the correct bus...)

I've seen an image on Flickr of it with the 'Go' seating moquette.

I'll try and track it down.

EDIT: https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128789124@...oductions/
(16 Feb 2015, 4:58 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know when GNE will get the streetlite decker on demo? (not sure if i have the correct bus...)

The Silver streetdeck? As predicted, it is currently at Brighton and Hove.
Cheers, does anyone know how long it will be down Brighton?
(16 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Cheers, does anyone know how long it will be down Brighton?

I think its just down there for the mechanics to have a look before their purchased examples enter the fleet. Been there for a couple of weeks now so can't imagine its going to be there for much longer.
Any ideas which services it will be used on?

Unless it's been confirmed, what does anybody speculate?
(16 Feb 2015, 5:03 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Any ideas which services it will be used on?

Unless it's been confirmed, what does anybody speculate?

I don't think its being confirmed on what services it will go on.

At a guess though...Pronto and Toonlink.
(16 Feb 2015, 5:02 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]I think its just down there for the mechanics to have a look before their purchased examples enter the fleet. Been there for a couple of weeks now so can't imagine its going to be there for much longer.

Cheers for the info. 

Wonder if GNE will keep it, since it has GNE seating... Tongue 
(16 Feb 2015, 5:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't think its being confirmed on what services it will go on.

I think those two would be quite interesting trials, possibly compare it to that Gemini 3 demonstrator from Lothian?

What other services that require double deckers are there? (that haven't already been upgraded within the last year or so). Unless, of course, a service is being upgraded to double deck vehicles? Smile
(16 Feb 2015, 5:05 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I don't think its being confirmed on what services it will go on.

BH were tweeting which route/times it was on last week.
(16 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Cheers for the info. 

Wonder if GNE will keep it, since it has GNE seating... Tongue 

I imagine it will be like 9133 - built to Go Ahead specification and trialled around the Go Ahead sections.
I also imagine it will act as a direct comparison to the Gemini 3
(16 Feb 2015, 5:09 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]BH were tweeting which route/times it was on last week.

That's good, Do you think GNE will do that when it heads up here?
I mean I know this might sound unlikely but here goes.... Is it not likely that it could be bought as an ex demo hence why it's gne spec, therefore there might be some of these decked on order, then it will join them? Like I said Im probably talking bollicks!
I liked the look of the original StreetDeck like the one on trial with Arriva (Midlands?).

Wellsey18 - I wouldn't normally expect a demonstrator to have 'Go' moquettes (except for the Arriva Sapphire Demonstrator) , so, it might be a possibility that it might join (if ordered) more StreetDecks.

I wonder if the Arriva demonstrator will come up here to be trialled on Sapphire routes?
(16 Feb 2015, 5:42 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I liked the look of the original StreetDeck like the one on trial with Arriva (Midlands?).

Wellsey18 - I wouldn't normally expect a demonstrator to have 'Go' moquettes (except for the Arriva Sapphire Demonstrator) , so, it might be a possibility that it might join (if ordered) more StreetDecks.

I wonder if the Arriva demonstrator will come up here to be trialled on Sapphire routes?

Look at Versa 11.7m 9133 that was on trial a couple of years ago now. That had the 'Go' moquette but was trialled at several 'Go Ahead' divisions before being let go and trialled at Yorkshire Tiger. I imagine that 9119 will be any different despite it already being trialled at Transdev Harrogate on serivce 36.
(16 Feb 2015, 5:49 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Look at Versa 11.7m 9133 that was on trial a couple of years ago now. That had the 'Go' moquette but was trialled at several 'Go Ahead' divisions before being let go and trialled at Yorkshire Tiger. I imagine that 9119 will be any different despite it already being trialled at Transdev Harrogate on serivce 36.

How time flies!
(16 Feb 2015, 5:51 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]How time flies!

Only if you throw a clock out of the window! Tongue 

Wow...i can't believe i have just pulled that classic. My cheeks are going red Blush
(16 Feb 2015, 5:42 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote [ -> ]I liked the look of the original StreetDeck like the one on trial with Arriva (Midlands?).

BIB: 9119 (SN64 CTU) is the original styled StreetDeck, while Arriva Midlands' 4600 (FJ64 ETZ) is the restyled version.

As far as I know, 4600 is a purchased member for the Midlands fleet as the 38 required more vehicles than were ordered in terms of E400s. Of course, it is also effectively a trial to see which should be the vehicle of choice at Euro6 - of course, as Arriva prefer Cummins engines, likely the E400 may edge it as StreetDecks are only being offered with Daimler engine (StreetLites are being offered with both Cummins  and Daimler engines).
Just passed CLS depot on the 8.

There was a Volvo van heading in, any ideas?
(14 Feb 2015, 8:12 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Two further Volvo B7TL/Plaxton Presidents arrived at Saltmeadows yesterday for repaint into corporate livery:
  • Stanley's 6012 (V312 LGC)
  • Washington's 6017 (V317 LGC)
These have both returned to their respective home depots.

8323 remains at SMR for now, but was due to go into the paintshop this morning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35