North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
(27 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]You knar Marcus, I am convinced you are round the twist....haha!!

Likewise.  Big Grin Just kidding, I do have an added element of comedic talent within my life...I think I picked up a lot from you!  Wink
(27 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]citaro5284 can make this happen... Big Grin

Hehehe. You've put an idea in my head!  Angel
(27 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]Haha! Post of the day. And something i definitely wan to see.

'11:26 on the Lime 78. The bus enters Stanley Bus Station, the 31 innocent people on board totally unaware they are about to be captured by the pirates of South Moor, breaking into new territory in the town centre...will they survive? Join us next time'.
(27 Feb 2015, 6:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I believe the 'Please ring the bell and remain seated until the bus has stopped' comes from the "Red Arrows" X1 service. That announcement is tolerable on the X1 because it's a limited stop service, and the announcements don't play all too often anyway. On the "Angel" 21 service, where the bus passes a stop every 30 seconds, I can understand how it would be a little bit irritating.
At the end of the day, it's all down to personal preference. There's no right and wrong way of doing the announcements, and we can ultimately only give our opinions. 
These comments apply to the TEN.
My opinion is that the full phrase repeated is unnecessary and can be annoying - though doesn't always have the announcements working and are generally low volume so they can only be heard by passengers close to the screen.
Back on a serious note from my last comments Big Grin, I reckon the 'please ring the bell once and remain seated until the bus has stopped' is only really necessary for key stopping points. To name a few on the 21 - Newcastle Eldon Square, Gateshead Interchange, Chester-le-Street Front Street and Durham Bus Station.
(27 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]These comments apply to the TEN.
My opinion is that the full phrase repeated is unnecessary and can be annoying - though doesn't always have the announcements working and are generally low volume so they can only be heard by passengers close to the screen.

On that point, it'd be interesting whether it's actually served it's purpose, and accidents from passengers falling on board has decreased? In my own experience, people tend to ignore the advice, despite the screens, audible announcements, stickers between each row, and internal branding. 
(27 Feb 2015, 8:54 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]On that point, it'd be interesting whether it's actually served it's purpose, and accidents from passengers falling on board has decreased? In my own experience, people tend to ignore the advice, despite the screens, audible announcements, stickers between each row, and internal branding. 

Problem is, if you didn't have little details like the interior notices, the OAPs would complain about it being plain and boring, but then they mouth off about the announcements for the next stop being irritating and stopping their conversations - GNE just can't win...

In my honest opinion, the next-stop announcements are very good of GNE to capitalize on, even if everyone doesn't appreciate them. If I were blind, I would feel privileged to be able to know where I'm at; in an environment where I can't see for myself. I think they are very useful, and serve their purpose well.
(27 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote [ -> ]Problem is, if you didn't have little details like the interior notices, the OAPs would complain about it being plain and boring, but then they mouth off about the announcements for the next stop being irritating and stopping their conversations - GNE just can't win...

In my honest opinion, the next-stop announcements are very good of GNE to capitalize on, even if everyone doesn't appreciate them. If I were blind, I would feel privileged to be able to know where I'm at; in an environment where I can't see for myself. I think they are very useful, and serve their purpose well.

I'm not disputing any of that. Simply curious as to whether they've decreased such accidents, and therefore having the repetitive message is therefore worthwhile?
(27 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'm not disputing any of that. Simply curious as to whether they've decreased such accidents, and therefore having the repetitive message is therefore worthwhile?

Oh right haha, I was just expanding on your last point about interior branding. Smile
(27 Feb 2015, 9:02 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I'm not disputing any of that. Simply curious as to whether they've decreased such accidents, and therefore having the repetitive message is therefore worthwhile?

Not sure if anyone on here would really be in a position to answer that, but I guess it's always something Go North East has to fall back on... If someone ends up falling down the stairs and they did not listen to the announcement which explicitly states "Please remain seated until the bus has stopped", couldn't it be argued that it's the customer's fault for still insisting to descend down the stairs while the bus is in motion? As you quite rightly point out, most customers (myself included) ignore the announcement.
(27 Feb 2015, 9:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not sure if anyone on here would really be in a position to answer that, but I guess it's always something Go North East has to fall back on... If someone ends up falling down the stairs and they did not listen to the announcement which explicitly states "Please remain seated until the bus has stopped", couldn't it be argued that it's the customer's fault for still insisting to descend down the stairs while the bus is in motion? As you quite rightly point out, most customers (myself included) ignore the announcement.

Yes exactly, and you just know that if they were removed, someone would fall and claim that it's because they're no longer reminded by audible announcements. Big Grin

I'm all for them, despite how funny the domino effect can be.
I'm not sure whether the announcements are audible on the upper deck.

I understand the 'legality' of making the announcement, but on a route with frequent stops (often without anyone alighting) it does get repetitive.
(27 Feb 2015, 9:27 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I'm not sure whether the announcements are audible on the upper deck.

I understand the 'legality' of making the announcement, but on a route with frequent stops (often without anyone alighting) it does get repetitive.
It just depends how close you are to the speakers. They're dotted around the buses, but you should be able to hear them (even if it is quietly) if you are not near a speaker.
Couple of things from the past few days...

Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4845 transferred back to Riverside Depot from Chester-le-Street yesterday. It has not seen service, so it's possible that Chester-le-Street has identified a fault with the bus which should have been repaired prior to transfer.

All buses previously noted as having arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint have now returned to their home depots. The only new vehicle to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint is Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6029 (V329 LGC), thus bringing our totals to 105 in Go North East's corporate livery and 98 left in "Northern" branding.
(28 Feb 2015, 7:42 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Couple of things from the past few days...

Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 4845 transferred back to Riverside Depot from Chester-le-Street yesterday. It has not seen service, so it's possible that Chester-le-Street has identified a fault with the bus which should have been repaired prior to transfer.

All buses previously noted as having arrived at Saltmeadows for repaint have now returned to their home depots. The only new vehicle to arrive at Saltmeadows for repaint is Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6029 (V329 LGC), thus bringing our totals to 105 in Go North East's corporate livery and 98 left in "Northern" branding.

Do you know when the Quaylink Versa's will go in for repaint? 

Also, just noticed, GNE haven't updated their app.... (even the Beta version one hasn't being updated):

29/29A still appear.
33/33A doesn't exist. 
35B/C route still shows up.
36 doesn't exist.
83 still appears.
(28 Feb 2015, 9:44 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Do you know when the Quaylink Versa's will go in for repaint? 

Got a fair idea... Big Grin
(28 Feb 2015, 9:59 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Got a fair idea... Big Grin

Well, i knew you would  Angel

I'll take a guess, changes are due to commence in July... so around middle of May/start of June?
(28 Feb 2015, 9:44 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Do you know when the Quaylink Versa's will go in for repaint? 

Also, just noticed, GNE haven't updated their app.... (even the Beta version one hasn't being updated):

29/29A still appear.
33/33A doesn't exist. 
35B/C route still shows up.
36 doesn't exist.
86 still appears.

Do you mean 83 Tongue Don't start slacking Michael!
(28 Feb 2015, 10:09 am)Robert wrote [ -> ]Do you mean 83 Tongue Don't start slacking Michael!

Oh dear, its gonna be one of those days, already dropped my uni folder twice, split my coffee and now writing wrong route numbers! 

Edited my post Tongue 
Go North East

Services #43 #44 #45 #46 are terminating at Central Station, due to a closure of all roads towards Eldon Square.

Services #10 ‪#‎10A‬ ‪#‎10B‬ #11 #31 #32 #47 are terminating at Central Station, due to a closure of all roads towards Eldon Square.

-------------
Go North East

Service ‪#‎V8‬ is diverting via Medomsley Rd and A692 Consett Rd, avoiding Genesis Way, following an incident.

------------------
Go North East

Services #45, #46 are diverting via Park Rd, and are unable to serve Consett Front St, following an incident near the Retail Park.
(28 Feb 2015, 9:59 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Got a fair idea... Big Grin

Guessing June before the changes to Quaylink in July Wink
(28 Feb 2015, 11:10 am)Simmy wrote [ -> ]Guessing June before the changes to Quaylink in July Wink

Rolleyes ....got to say, you and Michael are good at these guesses!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35