North East Buses

Full Version: R852 PRG's Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(31 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Might be best to do this in the summer, but could you try a day out in Amble or Scarbough?

I agree that it would be better done in finer weather, but I imagine I'd probably leave those two suggestions for an outing not necessarily bus-related, such as taking the dog to either location with family. Don't think I could do the X20 to Amble or X93 to Scarborough without contemplating suicide after Trashington or Whitby respectively.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:12 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I agree that it would be better done in finer weather, but I imagine I'd probably leave those two suggestions for an outing not necessarily bus-related, such as taking the dog to either location with family. Don't think I could do the X20 to Amble or X93 to Scarborough without contemplating suicide after Trashington or Whitby respectively.
Or you could have try and bash some of Arriva's ALX400's.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:12 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I agree that it would be better done in finer weather, but I imagine I'd probably leave those two suggestions for an outing not necessarily bus-related, such as taking the dog to either location with family. Don't think I could do the X20 to Amble or X93 to Scarborough without contemplating suicide after Trashington or Whitby respectively.
Not sure I'd even bother with Amble as the X20 is about the only service that runs through Amble, think about the only other one is the Travelsure 472. I just use Whitby as a way of splitting the Scarborough X93 journeys up a bit, you can get pretty much everything there within half an hour.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Not sure I'd even bother with Amble as the X20 is about the only service that runs through Amble, think about the only other one is the Travelsure 472. I just use Whitby as a way of splitting the Scarborough X93 journeys up a bit, you can get pretty much everything there within half an hour.
Forget that idea then... haha.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:17 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Or you could have try and bash some of Arriva's ALX400's.

I am a lover of the ALX400s, but I'm more inclined to ride one of Jesmond's as they seem to be in the best condition. Belmont's 7477 was a workhorse when I had it on the 46 a few weeks ago, but it sounded really rough. I think it just that the gearbox was shot.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:22 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I am a lover of the ALX400s, but I'm more inclined to ride one of Jesmond's as they seem to be in the best condition. Belmont's 7477 was a workhorse when I had it on the 46 a few weeks ago, but it sounded really rough. I think it just that the gearbox was shot.
You could try to track down 7458 as I belive that one is to be withdrawn this year.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:24 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]You could try to track down 7458 as I belive that one is to be withdrawn this year.

Possibly, but it will be a mission where I'll go in completely blind, as I won't be able to utilise the assistance of Dan or citaro5284.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:26 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Possibly, but it will be a mission where I'll go in completely blind, as I won't be able to utilise the assistance of Dan or citaro5284.
If you go to Blyth bus station that will be your best bet.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:26 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Possibly, but it will be a mission where I'll go in completely blind, as I won't be able to utilise the assistance of Dan or citaro5284.

Then you'd know what it's like for the rest of us! Tongue

Fortunately I found everything I needed yesterday.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:31 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Then you'd know what it's like for the rest of us! Tongue

Fortunately I found everything I needed yesterday.

Well, as the old saying goes, ''it's not what you know, it's who you know''.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Well, as the old saying goes, ''it's not what you know, it's who you know''.

I could probably ask Dan where things are, but then I'd lose the fun in the chase (when it is actually fun!)

Dan is probably thinking, no you can't ask! Tongue
(31 Jan 2016, 5:12 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I agree that it would be better done in finer weather, but I imagine I'd probably leave those two suggestions for an outing not necessarily bus-related, such as taking the dog to either location with family. Don't think I could do the X20 to Amble or X93 to Scarborough without contemplating suicide after Trashington or Whitby respectively.

There's the X18 to Amble, which goes via Morpeth. Then you could get something to eat in Amble if there's time before the 472 to Alnwick, which takes an interesting route via Warkworth, along tight country roads through to Felton and Shilbottle before heading up to Alnwick. Explorer and Arriva day tickets are valid on Travelsure services.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I could probably ask Dan where things are, but then I'd lose the fun in the chase (when it is actually fun!)

Dan is probably thinking, no you can't ask! Tongue

That's what Marcus gets told most weeks - by me, at least!
(31 Jan 2016, 6:05 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]That's what Marcus gets told most weeks - by me, at least!

citaro5284 is less blunt, example conversation;

Me asking citaro5284:

Me: ''Hey, any chance you could track something in the morning for me?''

citaro5284: ''Sure, no problem.''

Me asking Dan:

Dan: ''No.''
(31 Jan 2016, 8:07 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Me asking Dan:

Dan: ''No.''

Wey it's me weekend off - wudd'ya expect?!
(01 Feb 2016, 4:31 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Managed to get an A. Big Grin

At the third time of asking.....nee wonder!
(01 Feb 2016, 4:31 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Managed to get an A. Big Grin

Well done Marcus! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
(01 Feb 2016, 4:32 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]At the third time of asking.....nee wonder!

Haha, well I've finally got the grade I wanted. 2 weeks of no social life aside from to a select few can stop. Tongue

(01 Feb 2016, 4:32 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Well done Marcus! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Thank you. Smile
(01 Feb 2016, 4:31 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Managed to get an A. Big Grin
Well done. Smile
(01 Feb 2016, 4:52 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Well done. Smile

Thanks. Took a lot of work and the stress of three attempts at it but I'm pleased I've finally passed with an A.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16