North East Buses

Full Version: R852 PRG's Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(31 Jan 2016, 4:14 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I've been intending to do something like that for a while, as I haven't been to Northumberland in a good few months. I'm in need of photos of the B7TL MAX Geminis as well as some of the recent Blyth repaints, but that may be on hold for a while. I've also got the 128 to keep in mind, as I'd like to get a photo of that on the day it's re-introduced in March. We'll just have to see how things play out.
Or you could try to get some photos of the Prince Bishops and Prontos for your archives.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:19 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Or you could try to get some photos of the Prince Bishops and Prontos for your archives.

Getting photos of the Pronto B7s isn't really that hard, although I've now just had to take into account the arrival of the Streetdecks at some point and having to devote a day to getting shots and rides of them. Also, I've then got the 128 starting on Saturday 19th March, and the AD122's season commences the week after (I can possibly kill two birds with one stone here, if the Hexham Solos are in service by that point, and I intend to have a ride on the AD122 this time, I will review said outing!). Busy.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Getting photos of the Pronto B7s isn't really that hard, although I've now just had to take into account the arrival of the Streetdecks at some point and having to devote a day to getting shots and rides of them. Also, I've then got the 128 starting on Saturday 19th March, and the AD122's season commences the week after (I can possibly kill two birds with one stone here, if the Hexham Solos are in service by that point, and I intend to have a ride on the AD122 this time, I will review said outing!). Busy.
If you have a day where you'll have nothing to get, why don't you try bashing some Stagecoach services.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]If you have a day where you'll have nothing to get, why don't you try bashing some Stagecoach services.

Plausible, but my interests don't really lie with Stagecoach. I find it easiest to just Stagecoach as a means of getting around when I'm on an Explorer, rather than devote a day to them. I love the ALX300s, and the Hybrid E400s are fast when there is nothing stopping them, but that's about it.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:39 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Plausible, but my interests don't really lie with Stagecoach. I find it easiest to just Stagecoach as a means of getting around when I'm on an Explorer, rather than devote a day to them. I love the ALX300s, and the Hybrid E400s are fast when there is nothing stopping them, but that's about it.
If you like Cadet's, why don't you try to get Kingsley's 110 on the 33.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:43 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]If you like Cadet's, why don't you try to get Kingsley's 110 on the 33.

Meh. Cadets are okay. I don't understand some comments about 110 being an example of Go North East's ''poor'' maintenance standards. Sitting in the yard doing nothing or trundling up to Hollywood Avenue from the city centre from time to time is hardly comparable to racing around Washington to a strict timetable, 6 days a week.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:52 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Meh. Cadets are okay. I don't understand some comments about 110 being an example of Go North East's ''poor'' maintenance standards. Sitting in the yard doing nothing or trundling up to Hollywood Avenue from the city centre from time to time is hardly comparable to racing around Washington to a strict timetable, 6 days a week.

Given 110 was the last 52-reg Cadet (iirc) left to be withdrawn in GNE's fleet, it shows that GNE treated it well.

Another suggestion here, why don't you try to go Lolyne, Renown and (If any are out) Olympian bashing.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:52 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Meh. Cadets are okay. I don't understand some comments about 110 being an example of Go North East's ''poor'' maintenance standards. Sitting in the yard doing nothing or trundling up to Hollywood Avenue from the city centre from time to time is hardly comparable to racing around Washington to a strict timetable, 6 days a week.

110 seemed fine when I rode it from Regent Centre to Newcastle a few weeks back and it can't be that hard to keep on the road as it's been on the 33 almost everytime I've to Newcastle since it entered service with them and I'm regularly seeing photos of it on the 33 as well. Obviously the 33 is possibly less demanding than the services it was used on during its time with Go North East although it wasn't exactly been given an easy ride when I had it on the 33 as a result of running a few minutes late.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:57 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Given 110 was the last 52-reg Cadet (iirc) left to be withdrawn in GNE's fleet, it shows that GNE treated it well.

Another suggestion here, why don't you try to go Lolyne, Renown and (If any are out) Olympian bashing.

I find it will be hard to bash Lolynes and Olympians, as they are now few in number, and it's rare to see Olympians out in service, although Lolynes still see frequent use. As I've demonstrated in my past couple of outings, I've managed to land a Lolyne or two, but that's basically it. I have been meaning to have a full-out Renown bash one day soon, I may do that in my week off in February or perhaps at Easter. We'll just have to see how things play out.
(31 Jan 2016, 4:59 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]110 seemed fine when I rode it from Regent Centre to Newcastle a few weeks back and it can't be that hard to keep on the road as it's been on the 33 almost everytime I've to Newcastle since it entered service with them and I'm regularly seeing photos of it on the 33 as well. Obviously the 33 is possibly less demanding than the services it was used on during its time with Go North East although it wasn't exactly been given an easy ride when I had it on the 33 as a result of running a few minutes late.

I've not seen 110 once in the flesh since it arrived at Kingsley's, it's always been 106 and it's sibling if I recall. Guess I'm just not there at the right time, as I wouldn't mind a photograph of it. I'd say the 33 is far less demanding than the likes of the 82.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I find it will be hard to bash Lolynes and Olympians, as they are now few in number, and it's rare to see Olympians out in service, although Lolynes still see frequent use. As I've demonstrated in my past couple of outings, I've managed to land a Lolyne or two, but that's basically it. I have been meaning to have a full-out Renown bash one day soon, I may do that in my week off in February or perhaps at Easter. We'll just have to see how things play out.
Or you could try Omnidekka bashing if you like them.
I think Davie has covered just about all possible suggestions now...  Angel
(31 Jan 2016, 5:03 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Or you could try Omnidekka bashing if you like them.

I do love the OmniDekkas, so I may spend a day trying to get a few of them in at Easter. I think they sound and feel so powerful, possibly on par with an Olympian. I recall being told that the Scania N94UD engine is much like the Volvo B9TL.
R852 PRG is at a lose end most weekends, so you both could probably meet up for an outing? OmniDekkas over West Durham on the express services maybe?
(31 Jan 2016, 5:05 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I do love the OmniDekkas, so I may spend a day trying to get a few of them in at Easter. I think they sound and feel so powerful, possibly on par with an Olympian. I recall being told that the Scania N94UD engine is much like the Volvo B9TL.

ZF4HP592 4-speed automatic - Marcus will be gettin' a reet sweat on!
(31 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]R852 PRG is at a lose end most weekends, so you both could probably meet up for an outing? OmniDekkas over West Durham on the express services maybe?

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:04 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think Davie has covered just about all possible suggestions now...  Angel
Got nowt better to do.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:07 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I'd rather shit in my hands and clap.

That's that decided, then!

I hope you get it recorded for YouTube, pet.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]ZF4HP592 4-speed automatic - Marcus will be gettin' a reet sweat on!

Good old ZF gearbox... Heavy duty and does the job. Not a fan of the whingey Voith in comparison.
(31 Jan 2016, 5:05 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I do love the OmniDekkas, so I may spend a day trying to get a few of them in at Easter. I think they sound and feel so powerful, possibly on par with an Olympian. I recall being told that the Scania N94UD engine is much like the Volvo B9TL.
Might be best to do this in the summer, but could you try a day out in Amble or Scarbough?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16