North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05 Aug 2015, 2:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Going to hazard a Guess this Citaro you speak of isnt part of the former Laser Batch then, and is perhaps either a Crusader or a Diamond example, and the colour I choose in reference to your tie is...Green.

That awkward moment when there's a trio of Mercedes Citaros at Saltmeadows Road presently... One vehicle from each of the batches you mention!  Tongue

As for the colour of my tie today; there's a few members of this forum who may have noticed, but whether they tell you or not is another matter...

(05 Aug 2015, 3:08 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]At least he has got us talking on this Wednesday afternoon!

That was the plan!
Well, the Diamond Citaro will be there for a ramp conversion, Laser Citaro for a repaint into gold which leaves the Crusader Citaro. Possibly a brand revamp?
(05 Aug 2015, 3:25 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, the Diamond Citaro will be there for a ramp conversion, Laser Citaro for a repaint into gold which leaves the Crusader Citaro. Possibly a brand revamp?
The Crusader could be in to have its vinyls replied.
(05 Aug 2015, 3:25 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well, the Diamond Citaro will be there for a ramp conversion, Laser Citaro for a repaint into gold which leaves the Crusader Citaro. Possibly a brand revamp?

The Diamond one is there as some lovely youths at South Moor threw a brick through the window this afternoon.

The Crusader one is there due to a RTA last night.

The Laser one is there for a repaint.
(05 Aug 2015, 3:37 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The Diamond one is there as some lovely youths at South Moor threw a brick through the window this afternoon.

#stanley  Big Grin
(05 Aug 2015, 3:37 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The Diamond one is there as some lovely youths at South Moor threw a brick through the window this afternoon.

Hmm. If thats the case, im starting to wonder whether it is something special and is just a ex-Laser citaro being repainted into gold...
(05 Aug 2015, 3:39 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]#stanley  Big Grin

#worstpartofStanley
#hashtagesonNEB

Can somebody remind me which area of Stanley our good friend Robert calls his home?
(05 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Can somebody remind me which area of Stanley our good friend Robert calls his home?

South Stanley Tongue

Separated by Southfields and Hollyhill Gardens  Smile
(05 Aug 2015, 3:45 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]South Stanley Tongue

Separated by Southfields and Hollyhill Gardens  Smile

Ouch.
(05 Aug 2015, 3:49 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Ouch.

I know haha! I'd feel more comfortable walking through there on a night compared to South Moor though. More open space, less places for any crims to hide and jump out infront of you. South Moor is just one road of shops and houses with many different back streets.
I don't think 6014s repaint was ever noted?:

[Image: 19697614993_8b22696498.jpg]Go North East: 6014 / V314 LGC by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr
(05 Aug 2015, 3:51 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I know haha! I'd feel more comfortable walking through there on a night compared to South Moor though. More open space, less places for any crims to hide and jump out infront of you. South Moor is just one road of shops and houses with many different back streets.

Got to be honest, there are some alright houses between Hollyhill Gardens and Southfields. I thought I had you all sussed out. Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 3:54 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I don't think 6014s repaint was ever noted?:

[Image: 19697614993_8b22696498.jpg]Go North East: 6014 / V314 LGC by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Noted here. The content of the post was probably missed because we ended up discussing destinations and smelly balls..!

Further to the information given in that post; Stanley's Dennis Trident/Plaxton President 3886 (NK51 UCO) has been joined by Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6028 (V328 LGC) at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery. Deptford's Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5304 (NK08 CHL) came out of the paintshop in a fresh coat of gold paint this afternoon, and let's see if anything else goes in..!
(05 Aug 2015, 3:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Noted here. The content of the post was probably missed because we ended up discussing destinations and smelly balls..!

Further to the information given in that post; Stanley's Dennis Trident/Plaxton President 3886 (NK51 UCO) has been joined by Washington's Volvo B7TL/Plaxton President 6028 (V328 LGC) at Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery. Deptford's Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5304 (NK08 CHL) came out of the paintshop in a fresh coat of gold paint this afternoon, and let's see if anything else goes in..!

Bloody hell. That was 2 days go and we were only on page 7...now we are on page 26! Never knew we were such good talkers.
(05 Aug 2015, 4:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell. That was 2 days go and we were only on page 7...now we are on page 26! Never knew we were such good talkers.

I know I certainly am, Dan can vouch for that. Big Grin
(05 Aug 2015, 4:09 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell. That was 2 days go and we were only on page 7...now we are on page 26! Never knew we were such good talkers.

Majority of it is a load of bollocks as well...  Rolleyes
(05 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]On the subject of Gold Citaro's is it just me who thinks the Mercedes badge on the front of 5303 looks a bit wonky (see in link below)
https://flic.kr/p/wUacty

It does look like it's rotated with the top point at 1 o' cock (as my youngest (most innocently) calls it). Didn't notice that when we saw it in Park lane, this afternoon. Only got a blurry pic of the back, through the glass with my phone, so can't say if it's been straightened up.

It looks good in the flesh - the colours are nicely balanced. not always easy to tell from photos as I've never had a screen, even a good one, that doesn't do something odd to yellows.
Yeah this whole Mercedes Citaro thing was just 5304 and its gold repaint wasn't it... Tongue
(05 Aug 2015, 3:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Noted here. The content of the post was probably missed because we ended up discussing destinations and smelly balls..!

I think I'm now up-to-date on everything with the fleet lists (though please do drop me a PM if you see something I've missed)..!

It's a while since we've had an update on the current situation with regards to Northern vs Go North East... There are now 89 vehicles in the fleet which carry "Northern" branding (of which nine are withdrawn, meaning that just 80 remain). This number will continue to decrease quite rapidly over the next few weeks, pending further withdrawals from the fleet and more vehicles being repainted.

By comparison, there are now 132 vehicles in the fleet carrying the plain red 'Go North East' corporate livery. Of these, nine can be excluded, as these vehicles are either withdrawn or in the Driver Training school, meaning that we're currently at 123.