North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:51 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]It will be funny if the cascaded mpds from peterlee go to Deptford and painted red and branded black cats lol Angel

Honestly, i would like to see that happen, i think the 38 and the 238 should join the "Black Cats" brand, i'm sure once fleet changes happen Deptford can gain the 6 MPD's which are 53 Reg - although they'll replace the 4 - 52 reg ones, meaning Deptford can have 7 MPD's.. allowing the right amount of MPD's for the 38 and 238 make it all MPD with a spare.... brand it "Black Cats"....  Angel

(09 Aug 2015, 10:56 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The 259 ran alongside the 262 between Durham and High Pittington. They services split at Dragon Lane Tesco and the 259 did an anti-clockwise loop around High Pittingham and Sherburn etc and the 262 did a clockwise loop. The service was every 2 hours (hourly combined with the 262).

Cheers =D, thought it was something like that, just couldn't remember.
(09 Aug 2015, 10:57 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Cheers =D, thought it was something like that, just couldn't remember.

Timetable attatched:
From GNE website:

"The buses are being launched by our very own VIP privately on Monday morning. Whilst there is no official launch party in Peterlee Bus Station, we’re inviting anyone who wants to see and ride the new indiGo buses, or watch the old East Durham buses being withdrawn, to come along to Peterlee Bus Station from about 11am. If you’re coming along please remain in the public areas of the bus station and we’d love to see your pictures on Twitter"

Does this mean their inviting passengers on to ride the bus (but you have to pay?even though its an invite?).

does this mean that the east durham mpds will still be in service but will be withdrawn slowly from 11am?.

Also:  it states "Next stop announcements (coming soon)", does this mean it hasn't got next stop announcments yet?
(09 Aug 2015, 10:34 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think it could have given the number 59 to fit in with the Scarlet Band 58 which the 59 follows much of that route and also the Arriva 56/57/57A routes. Also may be wrong but I think there already was a 259 East Durham service at the time, if not there certainly was a 259 at one point.

Yep. The 57/57A used to cover the route through Thornley, cquarrinton hill etc that the 58 & 59 do now, hence the similar numbering
(09 Aug 2015, 11:41 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]From GNE website:

"The buses are being launched by our very own VIP privately on Monday morning. Whilst there is no official launch party in Peterlee Bus Station, we’re inviting anyone who wants to see and ride the new indiGo buses, or watch the old East Durham buses being withdrawn, to come along to Peterlee Bus Station from about 11am. If you’re coming along please remain in the public areas of the bus station and we’d love to see your pictures on Twitter"

Does this mean their inviting passengers on to ride the bus (but you have to pay?even though its an invite?).

does this mean that the east durham mpds will still be in service but will be withdrawn slowly from 11am?.

Also:  it states "Next stop announcements (coming soon)", does this mean it hasn't got next stop announcments yet?

I reckon that what coming soon means  Big Grin

We are waiting for the Radio Station to record the audio.
Why don't they buy old arriva depot in peterlee or instead of using a tight space transport depot
Dose the X10 interwork with anything on a Sunday
(09 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ]Dose the X10 interwork with anything on a Sunday

No - driver has a meal break in Newcastle.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:09 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ]Dose the X10 interwork with anything on a Sunday

No. I think it interworks with service X9 Mondays - Saturdays.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:10 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]No. I think it interworks with service X9 Mondays - Saturdays.

Ah right I was looking at the timetable just looked bit odd
(09 Aug 2015, 12:33 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ]Why don't they buy old arriva depot in peterlee or instead of using a tight space transport depot

I was told by the GNE MD at the time that their not interested purchasing the peterlee depot, and use Deptford depot for maintenance, even though I mentioned that their could store some of the buses off service 60/61 and have some 60 and 61 commencing from peterlee in the morning and terminating the last few services down to Peterlee on evening. could of housed service X35 and even some of the X9's and X10's, would of freed up some space at Deptford depot and transfer concord depot over to Deptford.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:44 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ] I was told by the GNE MD at the time that their not interested purchasing the peterlee depot, and use Deptford depot for maintenance, even though I mentioned that their could store some of the buses off service 60/61 and have some 60 and 61 commencing from peterlee in the morning and terminating the last few services down to Peterlee on evening. could of housed service X35 and even some of the X9's and X10's, would of freed up some space at Deptford depot and transfer concord depot over to Deptford.

Not quite that simple as Peterlee is classed at Low Cost, and the TU have an agreement about what work can be classed as that.....and I doubt them services would qualify.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Not quite that simple as Peterlee is classed at Low Cost, and the TU have an agreement about what work can be classed as that.....and I doubt them services would qualify.

is there a maximum of buses that can be stored/used at a low cost unit?.
(09 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Peterlee is classed at Low Cost,

Nice to know that we matter, out here Wink
(09 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Not quite that simple as Peterlee is classed at Low Cost, and the TU have an agreement about what work can be classed as that.....and I doubt them services would qualify.

Make sense but wouldn't be a bad idea tho
(09 Aug 2015, 1:10 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]No. I think it interworks with service X9 Mondays - Saturdays.

Doesn't look like they do interwork unless (and quite understandably), there is a long layover at each end.

For example, an X10 leaves Newcastle at 11:00 and will get to Middlesbrough at 12:20. The next X10 out of Middlesbrough is at 12:30 meaning that it would be the next bus out and would get back to Newcastle at 13:50 . The cycle would keep going and works in the same way for the X9.

As i say, with it being such a demanding route for drivers, they may be given 40 minutes layover at each end allowing buses to alternate between the two routes.
(09 Aug 2015, 3:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doesn't look like they do interwork unless (and quite understandably), there is a long layover at each end.

For example, an X10 leaves Newcastle at 11:00 and will get to Middlesbrough at 12:20. The next X10 out of Middlesbrough is at 12:30 meaning that it would be the next bus out and would get back to Newcastle at 13:50 . The cycle would keep going and works in the same way for the X9.

As i say, with it being such a demanding route for drivers, they may be given 40 minutes layover at each end allowing buses to alternate between the two routes.

Thanks, I thought they did but never mind.
(09 Aug 2015, 3:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doesn't look like they do interwork unless (and quite understandably), there is a long layover at each end.

As far as I'm aware the X9/X10 don't interwork so it's three buses on each service. So like in your example it leaves Newcastle at 1100 on the X10 then arrives back as the X10 at 1350 then back out at 1400 on the X10 to Middlesbrough.
(09 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]Thanks, I thought they did but never mind.

I thought they did too. Never actually paid much attention but then i cast my mind back to when the coaches were on the X9 and B7s on the X10 and just had this random thought that if they didnt interwork then, would they now (obviously couldnt interwork then as neither livery had branding for both services on (although the X9 livery did state that it worked with the X10 providing a 30 minute frequency)) and it turns out, if my '10 minute layover at each end' theory is correct, they dont.
(09 Aug 2015, 3:17 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I thought they did too. Never actually paid much attention but then i cast my mind back to when the coaches were on the X9 and B7s on the X10 and just had this random thought that if they didnt interwork then, would they now (obviously couldnt interwork then as neither livery had branding for both services on (although the X9 livery did state that it worked with the X10 providing a 30 minute frequency)) and it turns out, if my '10 minute layover at each end' theory is correct, they dont.

I think when the Volvo B7TLs were on the X9/X10 there may have been some swapping buses around over the day, all I remember is the 1100 X10 Newcastle - Middlesbrough and return journey used to be operated by a Volvo Olympian. Think it was something to do with fuel.