North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12 Aug 2015, 8:54 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Time for a change then maybe

I like the Diamond livery as it is though. My favourite out of the 3 liveries there have been.
(12 Aug 2015, 8:53 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Not sure how the Diamond brand would work on a base other than orange. Especially as that has been the base colour for the Diamond since the brand was introduced.

I think if the brand remained the same but on the dark blue base colour I think it would look incredibly smart.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:02 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I think if the brand remained the same but on the dark blue base colour I think it would look incredibly smart.

It would be very smart.

Although it depends on what changes will happen.... and how the results come out.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:02 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I think if the brand remained the same but on the dark blue base colour I think it would look incredibly smart.

Orange and blue is what the Diamond brand is. Blue and orange wouldn't work imo.

The first colour in each pair is the main (base) colour just to clear up any confusion  Smile
(12 Aug 2015, 8:45 am)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Could join the connections 4 brand at Washington

Doubt it, probables stay on the Diamond - with a new brand... well what's left of the current Diamond routes if changes go ahead.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:19 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Orange and blue is what the Diamond brand is. Blue and orange wouldn't work imo.

The first colour in each pair is the main (base) colour just to clear up any confusion  Smile
There would be no orange, it would be Connections 4 blue then the Diamond logo. This is what I've got in my mind.

Obviously what will actually happen could be totally different, we could even see the Diamond brand being phased out in favour of something new and there is also the matter of service changes.
Maybe the Diamond brand will remain? But there will be two separate brands for the Durham-Stanley part, and the Stanley-Newcastle part.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:24 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]There would be no orange, it would be Connections 4 blue then the Diamond logo. This is what I've got in my mind.

Obviously what will actually happen could be totally different, we could even see the Diamond brand being phased out in favour of something new and there is also the matter of service changes.

Blue on blue (with the grey diamonds)? Wouldn't stand out at all.

I can only think that the Durham-Stanley section will be branded as Diamond with the Newcastle-Stanley section branded something else.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:24 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]There would be no orange, it would be Connections 4 blue then the Diamond logo. This is what I've got in my mind.

Does anyone know when these results will be out, interested to see how much time passengers will get to change buses at Stanley... 

This is how i see Stanley allocations at end of the year:

X30/X31/X70/X71 fully Omnidecker later in the year.
X43/44/44A - Citaro
15/15A - Omnicity

Rest remain the same. 

---------

I hope they don't have 2 different brands if the services are split... they should just drop the Diamond brand completely and have something totally new.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:26 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Blue on blue (with the grey diamonds)? Wouldn't stand out at all.

I can only think that the Durham-Stanley section will be branded as Diamond with the Newcastle-Stanley section branded something else.

This is the thing, we don't really know what is going to happen to the current Diamond services when service changes are going to be made so it's a bit difficult to wonder what the brand would be for the services (providing they continue to hold a brand and don't just use corporate liveried buses).

I think if the Diamond brand was to stay on blue Citaro's I imagine it would be redesigned in some way, I can't imagine it would be the same as it is now.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:32 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know when these results will be out, interested to see how much time passengers will get to change buses at Stanley... 

X43/44/44A - Citaro
15/15A - Omnicity

Rest remain the same. 

---------

I hope they don't have 2 different brands if the services are split... they should just drop the Diamond brand completely and have something totally new.

Doubt the 15/15A will get downgraded to single deckers. Baring in mind it was upgraded to deckers because of capacity issues.
Are the Citaros going to be retrimmed? They seriously need to sort the seats out if they're changing the brand.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:32 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know when these results will be out, interested to see how much time passengers will get to change buses at Stanley... 

X43/44/44A - Citaro
15/15A - Omnicity

Rest remain the same. 

---------

Omnicitys on the 15/15A is not a good idea, these services became double deck operated for a reason, Omnicitys would not cope on peak time journeys.
(12 Aug 2015, 9:37 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Doubt the 15/15A will get downgraded to single deckers. Baring in mind it was upgraded to deckers because of capacity issues.

Oh right, well Omnidekker's, i'm sure it was 10 more we'll be getting making it 20... 

X30/X31/X70/X71 - Omnidekkers
15/15A - Omnideckers.

Omnicity - Spare
The Diamond is both a good brand name and a good livery. It should be kept, certainly on the Stanley - Durham section if the service is split, as that's the main route the group of companies using the "Diamond" name used to operate.
(12 Aug 2015, 8:50 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Where will it end up then?

New brand colour for the Diamond ready for changes?

Refreshed highwayman  Big Grin
(12 Aug 2015, 9:44 am)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]The Diamond is both a good brand name and a good livery. It should be kept, certainly on the Stanley - Durham section if the service is split, as that's the main route the group of companies using the "Diamond" name used to operate.

When I did the 44A a couple of months ago, I was hearing complaints about the seats etc. If GNE sort the seats out and a different brand, then I see the rebrand worth while. 

I wouldn't rebrand a service if my buses had seats that have fallen off multiple times, with worn down seats etc.
Speaking of omnideckers 6124 expired at lanchester on the 1000 15 ex Durham, coolant leak from looks of things!
(12 Aug 2015, 8:43 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5284 (NK08 CFP) is actually a nice shade of "Connections4" blue!

Spare for the "Connections 4" perhaps as the Service doesnt have a spare vehicle to the same specification, and often uses either a Scania L94UB Wright Solar or a Wright Cadet/Merit when a Merc is off the road for whatever reason, also noticed how nobody else has took this thought into account depite "Connections4" blue being Bold in your post Dan, and immediately assumed 5284 (NK08 CFP) along with the rest of the Mercs will form a Revised/New Brand for the Diamond Services, or alternatively a New Brand for the Highwayman Services if the Mercs were cascaded over to there to release the Solars on The Highwayman into a Spare Role to replace the Volvo B10BLE Wright Renowns.

Personally think it is quite obvious that any upcoming investment in the fleet will be orientated around getting the B10s Withdrawn by January 1st 2016, so therefore I would not rule out the possibility of the Diamond & Highwayman receiving New Vehicles in the coming months to therefore replace older vehicles in the fleet, as how else are you going to Withdraw them if you dont invest and upgrade other services first.
(12 Aug 2015, 11:30 am)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Spare for the "Connections 4" perhaps as the Service doesnt have a spare vehicle to the same specification, and often uses either a Scania L94UB Wright Solar or a Wright Cadet/Merit when a Merc is off the road for whatever reason, also noticed how nobody else has took this thought into account depite "Connections4" blue being Bold in your post Dan, and immediately assumed 5284 (NK08 CFP) along with the rest of the Mercs will form a Revised/New Brand for the Diamond Services, or alternatively a New Brand for the Highwayman Services if the Mercs were cascaded over to there to release the Solars on The Highwayman into a Spare Role to replace the Volvo B10BLE Wright Renowns.

Personally think it is quite obvious that any upcoming investment in the fleet will be orientated around getting the B10s Withdrawn by January 1st 2016, so therefore I would not rule out the possibility of the Diamond & Highwayman receiving New Vehicles in the coming months to therefore replace older vehicles in the fleet, as how else are you going to Withdraw them if you dont invest and upgrade other services first.

These days Go North East usually have spare buses for a branded route in the corporate livery rather than having a branded spare for that service so if they aren't required on the branded route they can do other services and it reduces the chances of branded buses appearing off route.

It's always possible the 4 could be getting a PVR increase either by an increased frequency or adding an extra bus to the PVR to make the service more reliable usually by adding extra running time.