North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07 Aug 2015, 2:50 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]That'll be canny in Peterlee then, I'll have to leave pretty early though!

Same here I'll be spotting all day now there
(07 Aug 2015, 6:02 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Same here I'll be spotting all day now there

Well that is the biggest surprise I have had all year......
(07 Aug 2015, 6:02 pm)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Same here I'll be spotting all day now there

If I go I will make sure I'm there at around 11 as it says if your at the Bus Station you can see the Darts get Withdrawn. Surprised 573/4 and refurbed ones are going as they could help the North Tyne Links/ Tynedale Links get newer ones.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:11 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]If I go I will make sure I'm there at around 11 as it says if your at the Bus Station you can see the Darts get Withdrawn. Surprised 573/4 and refurbed ones are going as they could help the North Tyne Links/ Tynedale Links get newer ones.

I think they just mean replaced. They won't be withdrawn at the bus station. That will happen once they get to Deptford or Saltmeadows.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:11 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]If I go I will make sure I'm there at around 11 as it says if your at the Bus Station you can see the Darts get Withdrawn. Surprised 573/4 and refurbed ones are going as they could help the North Tyne Links/ Tynedale Links get newer ones.

Don't read too much into it...!

The definition of withdrawn is to 'remove or take away (something) from a particular place or position.'
(07 Aug 2015, 6:12 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I think they just mean replaced. They won't be withdrawn at the bus station. That will happen once they get to Deptford or Saltmeadows.

When they are taken off the bus to get will be the 201 as that goes near Peterlee depot so they can be seen waiting to be removed.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Don't read too much into it...!

The definition of withdrawn is to 'remove or take away (something) from a particular place or position.'

That means every bus is withdrawn  Smile

I know what you mean though without being too cocky about it  Tongue
(07 Aug 2015, 6:14 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]When they are taken off the bus to get will be the 201 as that goes near Peterlee depot so they can be seen waiting to be removed.

What? As museum exhibits?
Is it just me or have 3/4 posts disappeared.
I see the launch of indiGo means the saver isn't valid on 238 anymore, unless it's a typo?
As that means connections in Seaham through to Sunderland and Houghton and local travel can't get the saver.
Meaning Northlea to Peterlee is now costing £6.10 rather than £4.60.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]Is it just me or have 3/4 posts disappeared.

I just replied, realised something had gone skewiff, so deleted and tried again. Just the one post, though.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:19 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]What? As museum exhibits?

I personally can't understand why somebody would want to see some clapped out little buses awaiting their fates, but each to their own.
Has the "See it Do it Sunderland" branding been changed? Looked slightly different today.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:25 pm)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]I see the launch of indiGo means the saver isn't valid on 238 anymore, unless it's a typo?
As that means connections in Seaham through to Sunderland and Houghton and local travel can't get the saver.
Meaning Northlea to Peterlee is now costing £6.10 rather than £4.60.

Its not, when the 238 changed it was removed from the list as it wasnt part of the "East Durham" brand so it wont be part of "indigo".

Which is a shame because it would help a lot with prices...
When will the cadets start to be branded for the "Black Cats"?

Did we ever find out which citaro was at SM?

Being away so haven't checked much Tongue
(07 Aug 2015, 6:32 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Has the "See it Do it Sunderland" branding been changed? Looked slightly different today.

Tuesday
[Image: 20280955442_209ddafa2b.jpg]Go North East: 5303 / NK08 CHJ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Today
[Image: 19755548103_6912dbb0c6.jpg]Go North East: 5303 / NK08 CHJ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

There seems to be less spots on the side now, also they have fixed the Mercedes badge on the front.
(07 Aug 2015, 6:40 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Tuesday
[Image: 20280955442_209ddafa2b.jpg]Go North East: 5303 / NK08 CHJ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Today
[Image: 19755548103_6912dbb0c6.jpg]Go North East: 5303 / NK08 CHJ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

There seems to be less spots on the side now, also they have fixed the Mercedes badge on the front.
It needs a picture from the rear to see clearly - it might be a trick of the light. Or they might have moved some of the spots around. I noticed that the badge had been fixed on Wednesday, btw - Malarky took a pic of it.

Some of the gold Citaros need a fair bit of external smartening up before they're in a fit state for the pretty stuff. I noticed that 5306 is badly dented at the back and scratched at the side (as well as the front destination display not working properly). 5308 looked like it had been in a few scrapes, too.

eta yep, the spots are still there
https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/6...8863984640
(07 Aug 2015, 7:19 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]It needs a picture from the rear to see clearly - it might be a trick of the light. Or they might have moved some of the spots around. I noticed that the badge had been fixed on Wednesday, btw - Malarky took a pic of it.

Some of the gold Citaros need a fair bit of external smartening up before they're in a fit state for the pretty stuff. I noticed that 5306 is badly dented at the back and scratched at the side (as well as the front destination display not working properly). 5308 looked like it had been in a few scrapes, too.

The branding has been altered slightly.

All of the gold Mercedes Citaros due to be branded are undergoing repaint (excluding 5325 - 5327 as these were just done earlier this year). Any dents will be sorted out during the paint prep, making the bus look shiny and new again. Any issues with destinations are also being sorted at Saltmeadows Road - killing two birds with one stone.
(07 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The branding has been altered slightly.

All of the gold Mercedes Citaros due to be branded are undergoing repaint (excluding 5325 - 5327 as these were just done earlier this year). Any issues with destinations are also being sorted at Saltmeadows Road - killing two birds with one stone.

I see it now - the smaller spots have changed.
(07 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The branding has been altered slightly.

All of the gold Mercedes Citaros due to be branded are undergoing repaint (excluding 5325 - 5327 as these were just done earlier this year). Any dents will be sorted out during the paint prep, making the bus look shiny and new again. Any issues with destinations are also being sorted at Saltmeadows Road - killing two birds with one stone.

Including the Wearmouth Bridge being replaced by Roker Pier?