North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East - Recent Repaints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Dec 2020, 10:04 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Personally think it should say Stadium of Light instead of Marley Pots lol. Not exactly a great area lol.

I found the Marley Pots a strange one. 
Nothing against the place itself, but the 56 skirts the edge of the estate. It doesn't go in (unless we are seeing a route change). They might as well mention Town End Farm too when they're on. 
Southwick would have jumped out to me as one to use. 

There's obviously a reason behind adding it and I guess that's maybe to do with wanting to poach a few passengers travelling locally on SNE.
Sure it was said on the Live stream, that the places on side of the bus was just a concept and could change by the time its actually branded.
(10 Dec 2020, 10:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sure it was said on the Live stream, that the places on sode of the bus was just a concept and could change by the time its actually branded.

Indeed. The version of the drawing in the linked tweet sees Springwell, Sulgrave and Marley Pots replaced with Wrekenton, Hylton Castle and Southwick.
https://twitter.com/martijngne/status/13...20866?s=21

A few other differences so hard to tell if this drawing pre-dates the one shown this evening, though it doesn’t look as good imo.
(10 Dec 2020, 10:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Sure it was said on the Live stream, that the places on side of the bus was just a concept and could change by the time its actually branded.

Ah, I see. Interesting to hear they're experimenting with different ideas for place-names and they're sharing the different versions. 

I didn't watch the feed (or even get to submit my question in the end), so had no idea about the concept bit until you mentioned it.
(10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]
If anyone didn’t see Martijn & Dan’s Q&A on Facebook this evening, the Fab Fifty Six is being rebranded to cityrider

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

I actually really like the design, although I do hope they add a bit more to the black bar, it looks a bit sparse to me.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the red dot with the two bridges, I think it cheapens the look, it looks a bit 'clip art'
(10 Dec 2020, 10:04 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]Personally think it should say Stadium of Light instead of Marley Pots lol. Not exactly a great area lol.
A bus with the stadium of light on, going down the Bigg Market on a Newcastle Match Day? I don't think so.
I did notice that it must have been the template for the Crusader as the fleet numbers were all the ex Red Arrows listed on the left hand side. Not a criticism before anyone jumps at me. I do hope that the brand is sufficiently contrasted to the X-Lines as we may see some passengers boarding an X1 instead of a 56 and vice versa if they're vaguely similar to a mere passing glance.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
(11 Dec 2020, 1:11 am)a718abb wrote [ -> ]A bus with the stadium of light on, going down the Bigg Market on a Newcastle Match Day? I don't think so.

I doubt people would care, I wouldn't care if they decided to put the Toonlink buses in Sunderland.

Its a bus.
(11 Dec 2020, 8:09 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I doubt people would care, I wouldn't care if they decided to put the Toonlink buses in Sunderland.

Its a bus.
Oh but they will. Can yo remember when some Black Cats solos were re allocated to Percy Main and weren't  de branded beforehand
(10 Dec 2020, 10:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I found the Marley Pots a strange one. 
Nothing against the place itself, but the 56 skirts the edge of the estate. It doesn't go in (unless we are seeing a route change). They might as well mention Town End Farm too when they're on. 
Southwick would have jumped out to me as one to use. 

There's obviously a reason behind adding it and I guess that's maybe to do with wanting to poach a few passengers travelling locally on SNE.

Brand looks alright, the red dot is a bit odd though. Biggest thing is I’m also surprised Southwick isn’t mentioned. If Marley Potts is to be included for reasons you mention - which sounds plausible - I’m not sure why they didn’t have Southwick on as well? 
The current website and timetable doesn’t mention Marley Potts anywhere, it has Hylton Castle & Southwick listed however. Is it possible that we may see a route change?
The drivers side of the altered Angel vinyls:

https://flic.kr/p/2kfBnA3
(11 Dec 2020, 11:44 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Brand looks alright, the red dot is a bit odd though. Biggest thing is I’m also surprised Southwick isn’t mentioned. If Marley Potts is to be included for reasons you mention - which sounds plausible - I’m not sure why they didn’t have Southwick on as well? 
The current website and timetable doesn’t mention Marley Potts anywhere, it has Hylton Castle & Southwick listed however. Is it possible that we may see a route change?

I can't remember what they said specifically, but I believe they said that all routes would be staying as they are now, there are no changes planned bar the potential extension to the 21
(11 Dec 2020, 12:07 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]The drivers side of the altered Angel vinyls:

It’s worth noting that the altered vinyls still say up to every 7 minutes. I believe it was being questioned on here at some point whether the frequency was dropping to every 10 minutes permanently.
(11 Dec 2020, 11:44 am)Drifter60 wrote [ -> ]Brand looks alright, the red dot is a bit odd though. Biggest thing is I’m also surprised Southwick isn’t mentioned. If Marley Potts is to be included for reasons you mention - which sounds plausible - I’m not sure why they didn’t have Southwick on as well? 

To include Marley Pots would indicate it was going in there. Even if it was a prototype or draft. 

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they still added it. Even if it doesn't end up running through the estate. 
They've form for random things - like having the lambton worm used on routes which went nowhere near Worm Hill or Fatfield, having the 78 apparently named after the well known 'Coast and Country' cycle route it runs alongside, even though I've still to find a cycle route by that name and the route on North Tyneside which is named after a huge business park and doesn't go there... 

Then we've got the 21 getting new vinyls and it having no mention of the Arnison Centre, despite the relatively recent diversion to serve it.

In a nutshell. I've got no idea Big Grin
(11 Dec 2020, 12:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]To include Marley Pots would indicate it was going in there. Even if it was a prototype or draft. 

However, it wouldn't surprise me if they still added it. Even if it doesn't end up running through the estate. 
They've form for random things - like having the lambton worm used on routes which went nowhere near Worm Hill or Fatfield, having the 78 apparently named after the well known 'Coast and Country' cycle route it runs alongside, even though I've still to find a cycle route by that name and the route on North Tyneside which is named after a huge business park and doesn't go there... 

Then we've got the 21 getting new vinyls and it having no mention of the Arnison Centre, despite the relatively recent diversion to serve it.

In a nutshell. I've got no idea Big Grin

I'd imagine they won't be changing things like that until the extension to Brandon is either confirmed or scrapped

(11 Dec 2020, 12:07 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]The drivers side of the altered Angel vinyls:

[Image: OCD.jpg]

Whoever signed off on that needs fired, instantly.
(11 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ] I'd imagine they won't be changing things like that until the extension to Brandon is either confirmed or scrapped 

[Image: OCD.jpg]

Whoever signed off on that needs fired, instantly.

In which case they might as well have not bothered turning the Gateshead Angel in to modern-day version of the Poddington Peas.
(11 Dec 2020, 12:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I can't remember what they said specifically, but I believe they said that all routes would be staying as they are now, there are no changes planned bar the potential extension to the 21
Is the Brandon extension "potential"? I thought VOSA already had a registration for it for 4th January.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
(11 Dec 2020, 4:37 pm)big mac wrote [ -> ]Is the Brandon extension "potential"?  I thought VOSA already had a registration for it for 4th January.

Yep, they specifically made a point that it was in consultation and depending on how the discussions with the councils go it may or may not go ahead.
(11 Dec 2020, 4:42 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Yep, they specifically made a point that it was in consultation and depending on how the discussions with the councils go it may or may not go ahead.
Ah right. So if it does go ahead, it'll be in January or at a later date?

I can't say I bought his answer on the Brandon extension at all. I have no experience in this process, but I would personally consult and then register a change rather than the other way around as is apparently being done here.

It all came across as not wanting to confirm the extension was definitely happening before the press release on the website while simultaneously feeling like he couldn't deny it given the registration had gone public on the VOSA site.

Obviously I could have interpreted it all wrong, but that's my view on it.