North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East - Recent Repaints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04 Feb 2021, 12:39 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I always thought the headrests on Civic V3 look somewhat phallic, these bright pink ones on Transdev's 464 Versas are certainly an eyeful[Image: 8aa3e207c9ff31f135ea72eb2334a512.jpg]

Oh my god that's hilarious haha. That's some BBC for you right there...
(04 Feb 2021, 4:18 am)BeachBoy99 wrote [ -> ]Oh my god that's hilarious haha. That's some BBC for you right there...
There's 28 of these, what you trying to say like!

Now that would be 'Riding Redefined' (wrong Transdev brand but whatever)
Pink whatsits out and about: https://flic.kr/p/2kyBDw1
Little pinks  Big Grin
When are GNE planning on painting the 3 Versa's still in Citylink 58 livery?
Are the TVT B9TLs due for a refurbishment this year?

Will 6084-86 replace 6045-47 given that they've had an easier life as well as maintaining fleet number commonality?

Will 6043-48 end up on the 25 given that spares for Riverside & Hexham are covered by 6001, 6049, 6050, 6336/37, 6377?
[Image: Et8qlRqXcAIgycu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1359859455601631232

We're revealing our first refreshed new-look Connections4 bus today. It forms an integral part of our campaign to better promote the integration we have between our buses and other bus operators, Metro and Ferry, including through ticketing with Transfare & Network One. BusMetroFerryTicket

5358 has received the new 'Connections4' livery.
Very predictable, probably took them all of 4 seconds to design!

What's really bothering me is the fact the Connections4 logo on the front and side are different, the text on the side appears to be stretched, whereas the text on the front is not.

I'm sure I'll find even more to complain about once there's more pictures up!
(11 Feb 2021, 2:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ][Image: Et8qlRqXcAIgycu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

What's really bothering me is the fact the Connections4 logo on the front and side are different, the text on the side appears to be stretched, whereas the text on the front is not.

Looks fine to me
(11 Feb 2021, 2:50 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ][Image: Et8qlRqXcAIgycu?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

I actually think that looks really smart. In the same style as all the other recent liveries, bar Voltra and QuayCity, and all the text is easy to read at first glance. 

Nothing unnecessary, just simple route branding along the cant rail and a brand name slapped on the side. As I've said on multiple occasions, I think simplicity in branding is far better than making it all cluttered as I think some designs, like CityRider (? - genuinely forgot if that's the right brand for the 56 now), are bordering on. 

Only point, and this is very picky, is that because of the placement of the place names it looks like the glass above the side desty has been replaced and the vinyls haven't been stuck back on (see any of ANEs Streetlites for actual examples of this).

Think the pink is growing on me as I think this looks quite smart, I must've just missed Dan earlier on this afternoon with 5358 as I left Heworth around 14:30ish.
is it the pick paint left over from the original Angel 21 buses?
(11 Feb 2021, 7:21 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]is it the pick paint left over from the original Angel 21 buses?

2 for 1 deal when GNW did their CrossCity citaros. Wink
When the Coaster B5LHs (or to be B5TLs should I say haha) get the upgrades sorted, will the Coaster be rebranded to something such as "Coast & City" or "CoastCityLinks"?
(11 Feb 2021, 10:08 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]When the Coaster B5LHs (or to be B5TLs should I say haha) get the upgrades sorted, will the Coaster be rebranded to something such as "Coast & City" or "CoastCityLinks"?

I hope not. People are less likely to refer to it by name if it’s too long or includes an ‘and’, plus it sounds long and annoying on the NSAs.

Something like CoastLink or CoastLine would suffice.
I’m sure the spotters would love the latter, bringing back an old name.
(11 Feb 2021, 10:41 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]I hope not. People are less likely to refer to it by name if it’s too long or includes an ‘and’, plus it sounds long and annoying on the NSAs.

Something like CoastLink or CoastLine would suffice.
I’m sure the spotters would love the latter, bringing back an old name.

Coaster is a good name too. Not sure the point in changing it for the sake of it. Plus no-one would use it to go to the Coast anyway as it takes too long, choosing the 306 or Metro from Newcastle anyway.
(12 Feb 2021, 8:49 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Coaster is a good name too. Not sure the point in changing it for the sake of it. Plus no-one would use it to go to the Coast anyway as it takes too long, choosing the 306 or Metro from Newcastle anyway.

...so then Coaster is a pointless name if that’s the case.
(12 Feb 2021, 9:41 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]...so then Coaster is a pointless name if that’s the case.

Coaster serves the coastal area, and links places between Newcastle and Whitley Bay which aren't served as well by Metro which must be the parts of the route that GNE wish to market. 

Nobody had these issues for the X18 showing "Explore Coast and Castles" on the side despite it not serving Newcastle Castle, nor is Morpeth & Newcastle by the coast! Most journeys aren't end-to-end but obviously the operators want to market the parts of the route which are the most attractive to customers (in the case of the X18, along the coast).
I'd say something like Coaster Connect or give the coaster brand a 2021 upgrade like the Crusader and Connections 4
Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone have a solo, citaro, streetlite or omnicity graphic that i can edit on a PC. I want to try some fictional repaints baaed on my own service suggestions.
(12 Feb 2021, 10:42 am)ASX_Terranova wrote [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone have a solo, citaro, streetlite or omnicity graphic that i can edit on a PC. I want to try some fictional repaints baaed on my own service suggestions.

What software do you use?