North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East - Recent Repaints
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 Dec 2020, 5:15 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]I can't say I bought his answer on the Brandon extension at all. I have no experience in this process, but I would personally consult and then register a change rather than the other way around as is apparently being done here.

It all came across as not wanting to confirm the extension was definitely happening before the press release on the website while simultaneously feeling like he couldn't deny it given the registration had gone public on the VOSA site.

Obviously I could have interpreted it all wrong, but that's my view on it.

I can't say I disagree, he did seem like he was caught off guard a bit with that one.

But did he really expect to just get questions about the new City Rider and QuayCity liveries and a few fleet movements?!
Not necessarily a repaint but 3999 has gained Christmas themed vinyls and has some Christmas lights around it, just seen it pass through Low Fell, nice to see some festivity!
(12 Dec 2020, 4:59 pm)EL1TE wrote [ -> ]Not necessarily a repaint but 3999 has gained Christmas themed vinyls and has some Christmas lights around it, just seen it pass through Low Fell, nice to see some festivity!

[Image: 67e3b7beb3deb7441c4cfb2c7144ce32.jpg]

One of the Angels has as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(12 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: 67e3b7beb3deb7441c4cfb2c7144ce32.jpg]

Looks good
(12 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: 67e3b7beb3deb7441c4cfb2c7144ce32.jpg]

3999 open top bus is now decorated:

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/13...90184?s=19
Rear of the revised Angel branding trial.

https://flic.kr/p/2kgpUdw
(13 Dec 2020, 3:14 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Rear of the revised Angel branding trial.

https://flic.kr/p/2kgpUdw

Looks much better, although I think the Tyne Bridge on the back looks like a bit of an afterthought, something just to fill the blank space
(13 Dec 2020, 3:25 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Looks much better, although I think the Tyne Bridge on the back looks like a bit of an afterthought, something just to fill the blank space
Angel looks a bit more in proportion
https://twitter.com/dan3942/status/13385...76322?s=21

Not a repaint but 6315 has gained Christmas vinyls and will be in service from tomorrow

I like the hat on the Angel. Not too keen on the xmas songs though ha, bit marmite. But it's different!
(15 Dec 2020, 9:35 pm)idiot wrote [ -> ]I like the hat on the Angel. Not too keen on the xmas songs though ha, bit marmite. But it's different!

One great thing about shopping at Aldi and LIDL is the lack of background music. I actually forgot how awful Christmas music was until I went into Sainsburys yesterday and it was on full blast. I'd managed to avoid it until then.

I wonder if they have a PRS license, I remember MG mentioning it on one of the Facebook lives when someone asked about listening to music in the cab when there are no passengers.
(15 Dec 2020, 10:56 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]One great thing about shopping at Aldi and LIDL is the lack of background music. I actually forgot how awful Christmas music was until I went into Sainsburys yesterday and it was on full blast. I'd managed to avoid it until then.

I wonder if they have a PRS license, I remember MG mentioning it on one of the Facebook lives when someone asked about listening to music in the cab when there are no passengers.

Would they need to have a PRS license for this? When MG mentioned it that was referring to a vehicle that has no passengers but one that was in service. This is a vehicle that is not in service so I’m not sure if the same rules would apply.
(16 Dec 2020, 2:03 am)User2613 wrote [ -> ]Would they need to have a PRS license for this? When MG mentioned it that was referring to a vehicle that has no passengers but one that was in service. This is a vehicle that is not in service so I’m not sure if the same rules would apply.

The Christmas Angel is in service though, isn't it?
(16 Dec 2020, 5:09 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]The Christmas Angel is in service though, isn't it?

Yes, so a licence has been obtained.
(10 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: 71c63997a4dfc2ebbb52bd859d671caa.jpg]
If anyone didn’t see Martijn & Dan’s Q&A on Facebook this evening, the Fab Fifty Six is being rebranded to cityrider

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

When are the first of the "City Rider" B9's returning from refurbishment?
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but hey!

I think the 'were safe, wear a mask vinyl' looks much better, and far more effective next to the door like it is on the OmniCitys than on the windscreen, especially on the deckers where it's on the top window so nobody can see!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Hopefully from Monday, we see the Peterlee Solo's go in for repaint for their new brand.... Hope we see the return of the "East Durham" name... or "East Durham Links"
(01 Jan 2021, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Hopefully from Monday, we see the Peterlee Solo's go in for repaint for their new brand.... Hope we see the return of the "East Durham" name... or "East Durham Links"

Hope not the east Durham brand , should of been the OK brand, with the Solos being branded the OK way similar to the old 18 at Bishop, the 55 could of been part of the brand as OK travel as it serves similar old ok route
[Image: 50791580671_a5f97fa11b_c.jpg]Go North East 6049 / NK12 GDA by kieron mathews, on Flickr

6049 has been repainted into fleet livery.

6090 Has been spotted (busesnortheast facebook page) upon return from bus & coach world and is at saltmedows in its very nice base colours before being branded for the newly branded CityRider 56, hopefully the rest of the first batch are due back too and it wont be too long before they return to service