Menu

Pages (41)    138 39 40 41   
gtom   27 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm
(27 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm)GMitchelhill wrote It's a private contract seperate to the Nexus Scholar services. They've got it until at least the summer. Also it be the only service operating on New Years Day as the Jewish School is open that day.

Shock horror. A driver working New Year's Day
CatsFast101   27 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm
(27 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm)Dan wrote Still reluctant to believe that Gateshead will retain two Olympians for this contract.
Would it not be more appropriate to remove advertisements from the Presidents, which are to take a back seat role (scholars/spares only) rather than retain Olympians which were actually due to be withdrawn this year (assuming 15 year age limit)? A fresh lick of paint when they come off Pronto duties and you're sorted.

Well they might retain two Olympians for that purposes at Gateshead if they can't have ads. If the presidents don't replace Olympians at Gateshead it'll just mean they'll go to Stanley allowing more Olympians to be withdrawn from Stanley which sounds okay to me considering Stanley a few more than Gateshead and they quite often end up on frontline service.
nk55   28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am
(27 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm)gtomlinson wrote Shock horror. A driver working New Year's Day

Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!
Dan   28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am
(27 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Well they might retain two Olympians for that purposes at Gateshead if they can't have ads. If the presidents don't replace Olympians at Gateshead it'll just mean they'll go to Stanley allowing more Olympians to be withdrawn from Stanley which sounds okay to me considering Stanley a few more than Gateshead and they quite often end up on frontline service.

You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   28 Nov 2013, 7:52 am
(28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am)Dan wrote You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.

I think if they didn't want Gateshead to have any they could of done that before now, what with Gateshead, Percy Main & Stanley the only depots with Olympians. I mean they might but they might not, we'll just have to wait and see.
Dan   28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am
(28 Nov 2013, 7:52 am)CatsFast101 wrote I think if they didn't want Gateshead to have any they could of done that before now, what with Gateshead, Percy Main & Stanley the only depots with Olympians. I mean they might but they might not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Plenty of time for things to change, but I do think Gateshead will receive most of the ex-Pronto Presidents. As was said a few days ago, DCC are a lot more lenient on high/low floor vehicle specifications than Nexus.
upt50k   28 Nov 2013, 10:01 am
Gold debranded Merc artic seen on lowloader heading south on A!M yesterday at 1210
gtom   28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am
(28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am)nk55 wrote Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   28 Nov 2013, 10:29 am
(28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am)Dan wrote You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.

I can see it being all lo-floor, How many spares would they require for the depot?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
CatsFast101   28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm
(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson wrote If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921

I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

(28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am)Dan wrote Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Plenty of time for things to change, but I do think Gateshead will receive most of the ex-Pronto Presidents. As was said a few days ago, DCC are a lot more lenient on high/low floor vehicle specifications than Nexus.

Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.
Adrian   28 Nov 2013, 2:02 pm
(28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am)nk55 wrote Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

Whats so different about those days to any other day? I worked a continental pattern once, meaning I worked Xmas eve, day, boxing day, and the 27th. Got the next 4 days off tho so couldn't care less. Worked out that I was off for 6 months of the year in total.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
cbma06   28 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm
Back on topic now:

Does anybody know if all the Venture Solo's arrived yet?

Also when the first orange double decker will be arriving?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   28 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm
(28 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm)cbma06 wrote Back on topic now:

Does anybody know if all the Venture Solo's arrived yet?

Also when the first orange double decker will be arriving?

I believe all Solos are now here and are expected in service soon and by Sunday 8th latest, Busman101 mentioned it a few pages back. I think the first Gemini's are due soon not sure exactly when I think it's any day.
Dan   28 Nov 2013, 5:07 pm
(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson wrote Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921

Following a number of requests, discussion on the Npower Rainton Bridge Job Losses has been moved to the off-topic section of the forum. Further comments can be found here.

(28 Nov 2013, 10:29 am)Michael wrote I can see it being all lo-floor, How many spares would they require for the depot?

Yes, as can I - it would certainly make sense, wouldn't it?
Each depot usually carries an approximate 20% spare vehicle allocation.

(28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.

I think you're missing the point...
Winlaton and Gateshead are to combine in the new "Riverside" depot. Work has already started on Winlaton being a low floor depot (and indeed has been successful), with Gateshead to follow in January. After 3826 took a turn for the worst prior to withdrawal, 3811 had to be sent from Winlaton to cover for Gateshead's loss. It is not yet an appropriate time to take away the Olympians from the fleet, for there are several contracts which still do require them (the recently discussed Jewish scholar contract being just one). When the "Pronto" branded Presidents are relieved of their X21 duties and are repainted red, who is to say that adverts will need to be applied to them?
As Go North East's biggest depot, surely it is the wisest decision for Go North East to ensure that this depot is low-floor? This was first achieved by Deptford - as Go North East's previous largest depot - back in October 2012 (at a rough guess), wouldn't it be sensible to follow suit at the new depot?
gtom   28 Nov 2013, 5:46 pm
Seems crazy that in 2013, some nigh on 15 years (probably more) since low floor became an accepted industry build norm that we're talking about the potential of non low floor ops by one of the UK's big transport groups
peter   28 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm
Could somebody provide a link to the post containing pictures/copy of the last North Sunderland Consulatation please, would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   28 Nov 2013, 6:27 pm
(28 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm)peter wrote Could somebody provide a link to the post containing pictures/copy of the last North Sunderland Consulatation please, would be much appreciated.

Sunderland North - Part 1
Sunderland North - Part 2
Sunderland North - Part 3
Sunderland North - Part 4
peter   28 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm
Thanks Dan Smile
Rapidsnap   28 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm
Winlaton are still using Olympian 3812. Passed it as I left Rowlands Gill earlier on. It was on a school service.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
pdiddy   28 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm
(27 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm)nk55 wrote 6021, 6024, 6035 & 6037 are the best of the 7 crook have so will probably end up at gateshead. Not forgetting crook also have 6038 for use on the spennymoor to fram college duplicate, which i'm led to believe will remain at crook.

Crook will probably get a scania from deptford as a spare single deck.

6021 and 6041 are the worst.... crook are keeping 6038, and will have 7 Mercs and 2 MPDs nothimg else
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
WestDurhamSwift   28 Nov 2013, 10:42 pm
Would of loved to have seen a Olympian with some sort of internal refurb, obviously not going to happen now, kind of what Stagecoach done with some of there older deckers around the country.
Rapidsnap   28 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm
Remember a few years ago Go North East refurbished B734GCN, B744GCN & C674LJR with Graffiti seating.

Johnsons of Hodthorpe has reupholsterd most of their ex GNE Olympians, oddly one of them with Stagecoach Beachball seat pattern.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
WestDurhamSwift   29 Nov 2013, 12:21 am
(28 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Remember a few years ago Go North East refurbished B734GCN, B744GCN & C674LJR with Graffiti seating.

Johnsons of Hodthorpe has reupholsterd most of their ex GNE Olympians, oddly one of them with Stagecoach Beachball seat pattern.

Didnt Know that, speaking of Seating, I remember being on a bus not long ago and its seats were landmarks of the North East I think, It might of been one of the 'Spare' 10 buses or 'Spare' Angels, not too sure, anyone know what Im on about, or if im just making it up!!
Rapidsnap   29 Nov 2013, 1:23 am
3941-3943 have the landmark seats. 3941/2 are on the TEN and 3943 is Red Arrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
WestDurhamSwift   29 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm
(29 Nov 2013, 1:23 am)GMitchelhill wrote 3941-3943 have the landmark seats. 3941/2 are on the TEN and 3943 is Red Arrow.

Thats them! Thanks.
Chris   29 Nov 2013, 1:06 pm

I agree standardisation does make sense, but would capacity not come into it? Being Low Floor, the President has a seating capacity of 65 compared to the 77 on the Olympians according to the GNE fleet list.

Plus, as it's a contract, I assume the price submitted by GNE would be based on an Olympian being the vehicle of choice. As in, the Olympian would have lower operating costs than the President, and is represented in the price?
WestDurhamSwift   29 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm
Any plans for 5164, its just wondering around all Yellow! Could maybe replace the SPD on Tynedale Links to save a bit of paint. Also noticed that some of the ex-Oxford buses never had there interiors refurbed, any ideas why they wernt, I noticed the Pulse ones arent either, apart from 1 I think.[/align]
BJ10VUS   29 Nov 2013, 1:49 pm
(29 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm)Ely1992 wrote Any plans for 5164, its just wondering around all Yellow! Could maybe replace the SPD on Tynedale Links to save a bit of paint. Also noticed that some of the ex-Oxford buses never had there interiors refurbed, any ideas why they wernt, I noticed the Pulse ones arent either, apart from 1 I think.[/align]

It was previously a 'Centurion'. I think if it ever were to replace the SPD , it would require a repaint anyway, because it's pretty shabby looking.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
CatsFast101   29 Nov 2013, 4:05 pm
(29 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm)Liam wrote 'Venture' branding as applied to Optare Solo SR NL63 YBA - 641
Think that looks quite nice actually. Decent job wasn't too keen on brand/logo at first. But it comes across better once applied.
Michael   29 Nov 2013, 4:13 pm
(29 Nov 2013, 3:40 pm)Liam wrote 'Venture' branding as applied to Optare Solo SR NL63 YBA - 641

Looks good Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (41)    138 39 40 41