You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015
I remember on my way back from the Totally Transport Rally in Blackpool last year, I went via Bus and Coach world in Blackburn. And there was several unregistered B9TLs in there. Also these aren't the last one built. The last Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 built was for Delaine Buses and entered service on the 1st March. The ones built beforehand (including the GNE ones) were all built as a stock batch and put into storage. This is a regular occurance with bus builders particularly Scania who had about 30 N113DRBs made with ELC Cityzen bodies for sale as Stock vehicles.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Can anyone tell what time the 689 departs Consett for Hexham as my Computer wont let me open the Timetable via Simplygo.com, And I dont have a Paper Copy, Thanks.
(19 Apr 2015, 8:44 pm)Malarkey wrote Can anyone tell what time the 689 departs Consett for Hexham as my Computer wont let me open the Timetable via Simplygo.com, And I dont have a Paper Copy, Thanks.

0945 from Consett, 1341 return from Hexham. Only runs once a day each directon Monday-Friday. 
(19 Apr 2015, 8:15 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I remember on my way back from the Totally Transport Rally in Blackpool last year, I went via Bus and Coach world in Blackburn. And there was several unregistered B9TLs in there. Also these aren't the last one built. The last Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 built was for Delaine Buses and entered service on the 1st March. The ones built beforehand (including the GNE ones) were all built as a stock batch and put into storage. This is a regular occurance with bus builders particularly Scania who had about 30 N113DRBs made with ELC Cityzen bodies for sale as Stock vehicles.

There was a coach dealer (in Yorkshire or Lancashire?) who had several unused and unregistered coaches in stock when he died - which were between ten and twelve years old!
(19 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm)Tom wrote 0945 from Consett, 1341 return from Hexham. Only runs once a day each directon Monday-Friday. 

Thanks Tom, Think I will likely end up missing this depending on what time I leave the House, as I was planning on jumping on/off the 8/78 between Chester and Consett for Photos of the Renowns.
(19 Apr 2015, 8:51 pm)Malarkey wrote Thanks Tom, Think I will likely end up missing this depending on what time I leave the House, as I was planning on jumping on/off the 8/78 between Chester and Consett for Photos of the Renowns.

You could do it the other way around?
If you do go to Hexham I'd make it a Tuesday when it's market day as there is loads of coaches.
(19 Apr 2015, 8:54 pm)Tom wrote You could do it the other way around?
If you do go to Hexham I'd make it a Tuesday when it's market day as there is loads of coaches.

Just means going back on myself later in the Day as I am meeting my Brother in Newcastle after he has finished work tomorrow.
(19 Apr 2015, 8:51 pm)Malarkey wrote Thanks Tom, Think I will likely end up missing this depending on what time I leave the House, as I was planning on jumping on/off the 8/78 between Chester and Consett for Photos of the Renowns.

Alternatively, there are 4 journeys in each direction on Saturdays. 0945, 1145, 1420 and 1620 from Consett and 1041, 1241, 1516 and 1716 from Hexham.
I'm guessing all loans have returned to their home depots now ahead of the Gateshead/Newcastle schools starting back this week?
Also, how long has the proposal for extending the 51/52 to Newcastle been going around for? Could explain why i remember citaro (or somebody - just guessing its him since he teases a lot) said '8328 and 8329 have been transferred to Riverside for a reason' (ie to fit in with 8330-8338) or words to that effect.
Banned
(19 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm)Dan wrote I wonder if these two are the ones coming to Go North East?

[Image: 17174096726_30624935fc.jpg]Volvo: Unregistered Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

[Image: 17200025835_e9b6629499.jpg]Volvo: Unregistered Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

i have a feeling these will gain fleet numbers 6118/6119/6120/6121
(19 Apr 2015, 11:59 am)Michael wrote Yup, its about time, you couldn't use Megariders, along GNE passes i think.

GNE have also gained the 79/79A which is gonna become the 238/239.

238/79 is gonna merge along with a few runs through Newbottle

239 - Evenings and Sundays only - not sure if this will extend to Sunderland, replacing the 38C. 

I doubt the evening 239 will run beyond Houghton, as otherwise they'll be running from Houghton-Seaham and Seaham-Tunstall Bank without financial support. No demand for an evening service on these section of the route. 
Even if they did a quick route from Houghton just via Seaton then 60/61 route via Ryhope Hospitals to reach Tunstall Bank Estate, you'll be talking a increased PVR I'd imagine. 
I very much believe the 38C (although why it is still called the 38C I'm not sure) will remain unaffected. 
(19 Apr 2015, 9:46 pm)Robert wrote I'm guessing all loans have returned to their home depots now ahead of the Gateshead/Newcastle schools starting back this week?
Also, how long has the proposal for extending the 51/52 to Newcastle been going around for? Could explain why i remember citaro (or somebody - just guessing its him since he teases a lot) said '8328 and 8329 have been transferred to Riverside for a reason' (ie to fit in with 8330-8338) or words to that effect.

Adam (think it was him) said his relative had got a leaflet thru the door a couple of weeks back.
(19 Apr 2015, 10:19 pm)citaro5284 wrote Adam (think it was him) said his relative had got a leaflet thru the door a couple of weeks back.

Yeah i remember that. However, im while back somebody (guessing it was you) hinted that there was a reason as to why 8328 and 8329 were transferred to Riverside for the X40. I might just be going mad. Is there any way that we can search through forum posts rather than going through each thread?
(20 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm)citaro5284 wrote @Michael
There is a reason why this Versa has been chosen, along with another one...time will tell and once you see them on the road next week, you may have one of your good guesses!!

Unsure about a new design, not my Department I am afraid.

Found out how to search and found the post i was looking for (although this is referring to 8329 only i assume the same would apply for 8328).
Just saw another 35 leaving heworth completely empty. Waste of time waste of fuel in my opinion 
(20 Apr 2015, 7:40 am)Acky81 wrote Just saw another 35 leaving heworth completely empty. Waste of time waste of fuel in my opinion 

Although a 35 isn't due out of Heworth at this time, last one 8:21.... lol

That one should be at Hylton Castle now
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
One of the X66 Streetlites is in service. Couldn't see which one. It's doing the 22 and 52 mins past from Gateshead, and the 07 & 37 mins past from the Metrocentre.
(20 Apr 2015, 10:23 am)Adam wrote One of the X66 Streetlites is in service. Couldn't see which one. It's doing the 22 and 52 mins past from Gateshead, and the 07 & 37 mins past from the Metrocentre.
5393 was the one I just got a photo of.

Think there is another one out.

4944 is also out on the X66.
(20 Apr 2015, 10:23 am)Adam wrote One of the X66 Streetlites is in service. Couldn't see which one. It's doing the 22 and 52 mins past from Gateshead, and the 07 & 37 mins past from the Metrocentre.

Finally!!!!!! [Image: biggrin.gif]
(18 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm)aureolin wrote By sanity do you mean the answer you want to hear?

Contravision is fine. I'm not a fan of branding covering windows either - on the loop for example, but that doesn't mean I don't understand the reasons why branding is applied to buses (including the windows).

Could be worse.
.jpg image.jpg
On 5394 at the minute. Bus is actually using Centrelink towards Metrocentre as opposed to Askew Road.

First time ever on a Streetlite.
(20 Apr 2015, 12:38 pm)MurdnunoC wrote On 5394 at the minute. Bus is actually using Centrelink towards Metrocentre as opposed to Askew Road.

First time ever on a Streetlite.

Not sure whether you could make him out through the contravision, but you may have passed Jimmi jumping up and down.
See 'whats annoying you thread'
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(20 Apr 2015, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure whether you could make him out through the contravision, but you may have passed Jimmi jumping up and down.

I was too busy composing my previous message to notice if I'm honest.
(20 Apr 2015, 12:51 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure whether you could make him out through the contravision, but you may have passed Jimmi jumping up and down.
Yeah, Adam probably would have seen me at that time.

The one I'm is going down there too. Also saw a Vyking heading that way too (out of service).
The bus I was on has already been scraped.

Admittedly not much, but the driver was bouncing the bus up and down on the pavement at Gateshead while letting a buggy on board.

.jpg WP_20150420_001.jpg