Menu

Pages (37)    131 32 3337   
Dan   26 Apr 2015, 12:15 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 11:34 am)aureolin wrote I don't really bother with Facebook (or it's groups), so I'm not a member of that group. I take it those posting info from NEB aren't members or posters on here then? There may well be reasons for it, but it seems like a bit of a strange logic to lift a topic of discussion from 'A', take it to 'B' as your own info, and discuss it there? I guess if I was a member of both, I'd discuss it on the forum it was posted on rather than duplicate effort.

But yeah you're right. Public forums should be taken for exactly what they are. I note nobody questioned the content of the repost on Facebook, so you must be a much more respected source than some people give you credit for. Wink

I'm very much the same. My Facebook is personal, and over the years, I've discovered I dislike how public Facebook is. I'm more than happy to talk to other bus enthusiasts via Messenger, but I tend to avoid groups. That said, I am a member of one or two groups just so I can check what's been said when prompted to read something.

In the past when it's happened, it's typically been those who aren't members of this forum copying the information across and passing it off as their own. I can understand that some enthusiasts don't want to sign up to the forum and contribute, and they have their own reasons for that, but in yesterday's instance, it was a member of the forum.

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people discussing things on other platforms that have already been posted on this forum (and I certainly can't prevent it happening - after all, what's on the public domain is on the public domain), but it's common decency to provide a link to the source. We'd credit the photographer when sharing a photograph - and I don't think there's much of a difference with general information?

Let's hope I'm not wrong, eh? It'll not just be me who looks like a tit, otherwise. Tongue 
LVK 404L   26 Apr 2015, 1:21 pm
Do these Ominidekkers have to be definite in the withdrawal of other deckers in the GNE fleet. Could they also not be used to withdraw further single deckers and upgrade more routes to double decker operation. People seem to have forgot that the service 5 Jarrow to South Shields is also used by the dual door Renown's from Oxford as well as the 9 and 17 that everyone else refers to. I guess there are loads of other single deck routes that could do with changing to double deck.  This is pure speculation on my part please do not start a mass debate on where vehicles are moving to as a result nor do I have any intention for anyone to take offence at this post. 
Tom   26 Apr 2015, 1:34 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 1:21 pm)ifm001 wrote Do these Ominidekkers have to be definite in the withdrawal of other deckers in the GNE fleet. Could they also not be used to withdraw further single deckers and upgrade more routes to double decker operation. People seem to have forgot that the service 5 Jarrow to South Shields is also used by the dual door Renown's from Oxford as well as the 9 and 17 that everyone else refers to. I guess there are loads of other single deck routes that could do with changing to double deck.  This is pure speculation on my part please do not start a mass debate on where vehicles are moving to as a result nor do I have any intention for anyone to take offence at this post. 

I'm not even sure how they are going to replace all of the B10BLE's unless more buses are coming other than the ones we know about.
Simmy   26 Apr 2015, 1:47 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 1:34 pm)Tom wrote I'm not even sure how they are going to replace all of the B10BLE's unless more buses are coming other than the ones we know about.

Unless the next financial years' order comes early, e.g. August or September Smile.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   26 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 1:34 pm)Tom wrote I'm not even sure how they are going to replace all of the B10BLE's unless more buses are coming other than the ones we know about.

They dont have to be replaced, they can just be modified to meet DDA spec.
Malarkey   26 Apr 2015, 1:54 pm
I think the Omnidekkas depending on how many are coming up North from Brighton, will displace the Ex London Volvo B7TL Plaxton Presidents into a Backseat Role in the Fleet (Scholars/Work Services), leading to the Withdrawal of the remaining Olympians and perhaps the first few East Lancs Lolynes.
Tom   26 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm)citaro5284 wrote They dont have to be replaced, they can just be modified to meet DDA spec.
Has 4912 been modified by the way?
When it was at Wallsend it looked to have new flooring and a manual ramp fitted?
Simmy   26 Apr 2015, 2:15 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm)citaro5284 wrote They dont have to be replaced, they can just be modified to meet DDA spec.

Is it worth spending that amount of money on a 15 year old(+) vehicle though? Modifying them will make them DDA compliable, but they are still quite old.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   26 Apr 2015, 2:44 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm)Tom wrote Has 4912 been modified by the way?
When it was at Wallsend it looked to have new flooring and a manual ramp fitted?

It has been fitted with a manual ramp, but all automatic ramps are in the process of being converted at the moment. It has not been modified internally to become DDA-compliant.

(26 Apr 2015, 2:15 pm)Simmy wrote Is it worth spending that amount of money on a 15 year old(+) vehicle though? Modifying them will make them DDA compliable, but they are still quite old.

The cost of undertaking the modifications on all Volvo B10BLEs in the fleet is probably the equivalent to, or less than, the cost of one brand new bus.

To replace all Volvo B10BLEs in the fleet with brand new vehicles, with the possibility of Quality Contracts ahead, would therefore cost about 50 times more than the cost to modify the vehicles to make them DDA-compliant.
R852 PRG   26 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm
#modifytheB10s

Big Grin
grandad   26 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm
(25 Apr 2015, 5:02 pm)Robert wrote What would be the point in that...they have 4904, 5337 and 5338 plus several other deckers to cover (olympians included although they shouldnt be the first port of call!)

6119 etc would be branded vehicles.  Must be better than miscellaneous spares.
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm)grandad wrote 6119 etc would be branded vehicles.  Must be better than miscellaneous spares.

Still no point? They are for service 47 not services 45/46. Stanley has plenty of spares to cover for 1 bus that is away for a repaint at any on time
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   26 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:05 pm)grandad wrote 6119 etc would be branded vehicles.  Must be better than miscellaneous spares.

I think 6118-6121 will be branded as Red Kite for service 47
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 3:15 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm)Davie wrote I think 6118-6121 will be branded as Red Kite for service 47

They will be which is my exact point. Yes they'll be branded accordingly but the amount of sense it would make is very little.
Tom   26 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:09 pm)Robert wrote Still no point? They are for service 47 not services 45/46. Stanley has plenty of spares to cover for 1 bus that is away for a repaint at any on time

Yeah but he's saying they could be on loan so more can go for repaint, e.g four at a time?
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:17 pm)Tom wrote Yeah but he's saying they could be on loan so more can go for repaint, e.g four at a time?

But Stanley have plenty of spare vehicles to cover. More than enough without the need to go to Olympians.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
grandad   26 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm)Robert wrote But Stanley have plenty of spare vehicles to cover. More than enough without the need to go to Olympians.

But why not use branded vehicles on loan if they are available?  The number of breakdowns Stanley have had last week, I'd imagine they'd want to hang on to as many spares as possible, not commit them to service for a week or more.
Dan   26 Apr 2015, 3:30 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:19 pm)Robert wrote But Stanley have plenty of spare vehicles to cover. More than enough without the need to go to Olympians.

Probably don't have enough spare vehicles to send four buses away for repaint at one given time, paired with their normal VORs. Saltmeadows probably can't facilitate having four buses in at the same time for repaint, anyway.
Tom   26 Apr 2015, 3:32 pm
What will the B10s needs doing to them to make them DDA compliant?
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm)grandad wrote But why not use branded vehicles on loan if they are available?  The number of breakdowns Stanley have had last week, I'd imagine they'd want to hang on to as many spares as possible, not commit them to service for a week or more.

Still would be no point. I think it has been said that Saltmeadows can repaint 3 buses per week? When not required, surely they will have a spare renown, B7 or trident to cover.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
pdiddy   26 Apr 2015, 4:26 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 10:13 am)Robert wrote Sooner than expected if its true

Edit: reworded post to sound less bitey.

The first 4 of 21 arrived early hours of this morning ... the rest will arrive in the coming weeks
citaro5284   26 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 4:26 pm)pdiddy wrote The first 4 of 21 arrived early hours of this morning ... the rest will arrive in the coming weeks

Wonder how many are Crook bound....probably zero!
nk55   26 Apr 2015, 5:11 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm)citaro5284 wrote Wonder how many are Crook bound....probably zero!

Maybe something else p diddy, however if chester get some then crook will get them because of the B7s problems.
mb134   26 Apr 2015, 5:12 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 2:45 pm)MarcTheA4 wrote #modifytheB10s

Big Grin

Modify the Olympians!!  Wink 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   26 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm
Omnidekkas may not be the answer for the X21, but something needs to be done imo. I appreciate that parts of the A1 are limited to 30mph, but the Presidents are really struggling with it these days. The stretch between the Picktree Junction and where it branches off for the A194/A1 (just past Washington Services), most of them barely exceed 30mph. Despite it being an ideal opportunity to make up or bank time prior to reaching Gateshead.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm
I imagine a few will be coming to Stanley to replace the olympians then.
Drifter60   26 Apr 2015, 5:26 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 4:26 pm)pdiddy wrote The first 4 of 21 arrived early hours of this morning ... the rest will arrive in the coming weeks

21 Omnnidekkas? 
pdiddy   26 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm)citaro5284 wrote Wonder how many are Crook bound....probably zero!

Maybe not....  but if the management are quite happy to lose passengers to Arriva due to the unreliability of the current X21vehicles then so be it.

No Crook buses broke down today tho (sunday)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   26 Apr 2015, 6:00 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm)pdiddy wrote Maybe not....  but if the management are quite happy to lose passengers to Arriva due to the unreliability of the current X21vehicles then so be it.

Sarcasm? No Crook buses were out. 
Jimmi   26 Apr 2015, 6:06 pm
(26 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm)pdiddy wrote Maybe not....  but if the management are quite happy to lose passengers to Arriva due to the unreliability of the current X21vehicles then so be it.

I doubt Go North East will lose passengers to Arriva as the X12 is often late Big Grin
Pages (37)    131 32 3337