Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

RE: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015
(09 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm)Dan wrote Go North East has returned to their normal routes, so I can't quite work out why Stagecoach are still going ahead with the Holmeside diversion. Makes no sense to have buses sitting in all that traffic if it can be avoided - unless a large number of passengers are now using the additional stops on John Street...

I think i'll email and ask... 

That might be one factor, however we all know what the traffic is like on Fawcett street to when the 8 and 20 drop off/pick up passengers at the first bus stop! 

I hope they put it back to the original routes
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Sep 2015, 4:48 pm)Michael wrote I think i'll email and ask... 

That might be one factor, however we all know what the traffic is like on Fawcett street to when the 8 and 20 drop off/pick up passengers at the first bus stop! 

I hope they put it back to the original routes

Was meaning about the E1/E2/E6 for John Street - don't think the 8/20 pick up on John Street. I've noticed that Go North East's 20 service appears to be dropping off loads off people at John Street recently - the stop closest to the Winter Gardens.

I too would prefer it if the 8 and 20 resorted to their original routes via St. Mary's Way, though I can't help but feel that St. Mary's Way feels a bit further from the City Centre since the area around the Londonderry was pedestrianised.
(09 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote Was meaning about the E1/E2/E6 for John Street - don't think the 8/20 pick up on John Street.

I've noticed that Go North East's 20 service appears to be dropping off loads off people at John Street recently - the stop closest to the Winter Gardens.

Ah right, the E's are bad for running late due to traffic around the area, they made a good move when they decided to change the E's to go down the 38/238 route towards Wilkinsons.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(09 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote Was meaning about the E1/E2/E6 for John Street - don't think the 8/20 pick up on John Street. I've noticed that Go North East's 20 service appears to be dropping off loads off people at John Street recently - the stop closest to the Winter Gardens.

I too would prefer it if the 8 and 20 resorted to their original routes via St. Mary's Way, though I can't help but feel that St. Mary's Way feels a bit further from the City Centre since the area around the Londonderry was pedestrianised.

The new bus stop on St Mary's Way is for "closer shopping area" or something... i'm glad they added an extra bus stop on that road... not sure if any buses are using it though?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(08 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm)Kuyoyo wrote Just 6 so far confirmed - 27238-42/51

I think we ran out of Zones. Plus, I think it's a good idea to have a separate brand for these services rather than brand them the same as the 36/37/38. Would just give them the excuse to put a 36/37/38 Zone on a 59/61 for example.
They already do put them on 59s and 61s The vinyl is a complete waste of money
(09 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm)alanf wrote They already do put them on 59s and 61s The vinyl is a complete waste of money

*like*
(09 Sep 2015, 8:21 pm)alanf wrote They already do put them on 59s and 61s The vinyl is a complete waste of money

"Like"
27244 (SN65 OCE) has just been delivered to Stockton - via the High Street (I apologise for the poor photo - try using an iPhone when there's a Pulsar pulling off in front of you and you've got traffic issues and it's about to pull off)

.jpg image.jpg
With the entry into service of 27238-40, MANs 22210/11/469 are reported as been withdrawn from Stockton. Since heard 22210 has been sighted at Slatyford depot.
(10 Sep 2015, 7:41 pm)Kuyoyo wrote With the entry into service of 27238-40, MANs 22210/11/469 are reported as been withdrawn from Stockton. Since heard 22210 has been sighted at Slatyford depot.

Was on service 11 in Newcastle today

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Barney's Dad
Unregistered
(02 Sep 2015, 8:46 pm)Robin Tait wrote Has any more 39' s from shields left yet to go to there new homes. ( ie 39707,708,709,710,711,712,713,714, if so when did they leave. Regards Robin

710/11/12 are at Hartlepool replacing some of the 04 plated 34562/5/8 and 34606/7.
Curious as to why a 53 plate 34401 also sent here and left on road as one of the worst buses we've ever had. Mind 39662 also in those ranks. Even33101 was better than that.
(10 Sep 2015, 8:33 am)Cock Robin wrote *like*
(10 Sep 2015, 10:48 am)united6210 wrote "Like"

What would you rather have - 42 identical buses in plain Stagecoach livery with nothing individual about then? Or some that stand out with branding? And as for the 'can't see out of the windows properly - not an issue for me.
(11 Sep 2015, 8:43 am)Kuyoyo wrote What would you rather have - 42 identical buses in plain Stagecoach livery with nothing individual about then? Or some that stand out with branding? And as for the 'can't see out of the windows properly - not an issue for me.

Yeah well you're always stood at the front annoying the driver aren't you. Smile
(09 Sep 2015, 4:50 pm)Dan wrote Was meaning about the E1/E2/E6 for John Street - don't think the 8/20 pick up on John Street. I've noticed that Go North East's 20 service appears to be dropping off loads off people at John Street recently - the stop closest to the Winter Gardens.

Got an email back:

Thank you for your email.

Whilst it may outwardly appear the works on St.Mary's Boulevard are complete, the traffic signals have not yet been optimised for bus operations. The traffic signals were a central element in this scheme.

Our colleagues at Sunderland City Council are aware of this difficulty, and are in the process of arranging to have it resolved. Once these remedial actions have been successfully completed, and following the necessary period of notice to the Traffic Commissioners Office, it would indeed be our intention to revert these services back to their former route in this area of the city centre.

Regarding your suggestion to combine the Services 8 and 20 together, I presume you are referring to their routes in the St.Annes/ Pennywell/ South Hylton areas? I can advise there is a significant level of customers utilising service 20 from the west Pennywell area, all of whom would see a marked increase in their journey times to the Hospital and the city centre if the Service 20 were to be diverted via South Hylton. Equally, it should also be understood that it is a comparatively much smaller market within South Hylton, and as such we do not consider that such an increase in frequency would be sustainable in the longer term.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(11 Sep 2015, 8:43 am)Kuyoyo wrote What would you rather have - 42 identical buses in plain Stagecoach livery with nothing individual about then? Or some that stand out with branding? And as for the 'can't see out of the windows properly - not an issue for me.

Yes then you dont stand there thinking Oh heres my bus Oh no wait a minute it isnt If they want them to be individual name them but if you like them how about you give me a pound for every foto i send you of one off route
(11 Sep 2015, 10:36 am)Cock Robin wrote Yeah well you're always stood at the front annoying the driver aren't you.  Smile

Nobody should be stood at the front Tongue

What's going to happen to 19194/96/97 once that all resume service at Walkergate with them having the e-leather seating. I know its not much as most of the others have the WiFi also but it will make these 3 stand out from the rest. Is one service going to be upgraded to use this PVR of 3 vehicles only? Or will they just fall back into normal front line duties?
(11 Sep 2015, 8:39 pm)ifm001 wrote What's going to happen to 19194/96/97 once that all resume service at Walkergate with them having the e-leather seating. I know its not much as most of the others have the WiFi also but it will make these 3 stand out from the rest. Is one service going to be upgraded to use this PVR of 3 vehicles only? Or will they just fall back into normal front line duties?

The only services with a PVR of 3 are the 71 (probably doesn't warrant deckers) and the X82 (a decent candidate if they removed the pointless interworking with X78/X87/X88) - but both are Slatyford based rather than Walkergate.
(11 Sep 2015, 4:34 pm)AIG20 wrote ADL E300 27253 (SN65 OCP) has been photographed leaving ADL Falkirk in corporate livery.
Image owned by Flickr user "Gordon Scott"

And it's been photographed on delivery yesterday in the same unbranded state. Hopefully it will be the only one that needs branding 'in-house'.....
Anyone heading to Teesside today to hunt the new E300s, they are allocated as followed:

27238 is on 35s until 1100 then works 52s 1100-1705 before working the last 35 at 1719
27239 has just left Stockton on the 52 having worked the early 58s and bar the 35 at 1401, it is now on 52s until 2348
27240 has just arrived in Stockton on a 52, but will spend the day on 58/35
(11 Sep 2015, 9:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And it's been photographed on delivery yesterday in the same unbranded state. Hopefully it will be the only one that needs branding 'in-house'.....

HOPEFULLY it won't get branded.
(12 Sep 2015, 10:34 am)AIG20 wrote DEAD MAN ALX300 22733 (T733 OEF) and Reserve MAN ALX300 22668 (V668 DDC) are currently parked up in the "dead line" of Stockton Depot. I assume the next stop for these vehicles, especially 22733, will be the bus breakers. I'm surprised 22733 hasn't been scrapped yet!
Images owned by Flickr user "Carl Gorse".

It was up on ramps inside for ages.
Seen 10 of the remaining 11 T/V reg.s at Stockton out today, 22198 being the one I haven't seen, but I haven't seen everything. (Seen 22196/7/202/4/6/466/71/5/671/4)
(12 Sep 2015, 10:46 am)Cock Robin wrote Seen 10 of the remaining 11 T/V reg.s at Stockton out today, 22198 being the one I haven't seen, but I haven't seen everything. (Seen 22196/7/202/4/6/466/71/5/671/4)

22198 was in Middlesbrough at 1100 with an engineer waiting for something else coming in.

(11 Sep 2015, 9:35 pm)Kuyoyo wrote And it's been photographed on delivery yesterday in the same unbranded state. Hopefully it will be the only one that needs branding 'in-house'.....

Sadly not. 27243/54 (SN65 OCD/R) both arrived last night reportedly unbranded. So, that's 11 delivered, the 3 unbranded ones plus 5 with branding in place and 3 that require branding in-house. Just 27245-50 to arrived now.