You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015

Noticed that 6073 has a colour RN display now. Wasn't this the one that was involved in the RTA and had a normal-all orange LED display in?
Site Administrator
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015
(09 Nov 2015, 6:37 pm)S813 FVK wrote Noticed that 6073 has a colour RN display now. Wasn't this the one that was involved in the RTA and had a normal-all orange LED display in?

6046 due to have one fitted, too. The 'spare' colour displays came out of 4842 and 4853.
Something I've noticed on the NEW 434 service recently and kept meaning to mention/ask about, is when I've seen it/passed me, there has been another two GNE looking staff on aboard aswell as the Driver. Now one of the people, tends to wear a Hi-Vis vest and often standing towards the front of bus, so I assumed this was maybe a Mentor for Route Learning. But the second person can often be seen sitting towards the rear of the bus or next to a passenger - what will he be doing?

Is this guy there for PR reasons, Customer Services !! Maybe to get feedback from customers ??
(09 Nov 2015, 6:51 pm)Dan wrote 6046 due to have one fitted, too. The 'spare' colour displays came out of 4842 and 4853.

Thought it was. Thought i had misread it withh seeing it in the dark - i just made sure i remembered the 'FCC' part of the registration.
(09 Nov 2015, 7:03 pm)thetravelman wrote Something I've noticed on the NEW 434 service recently and kept meaning to mention/ask about, is when I've seen it/passed me, there has been another two GNE looking staff on aboard aswell as the Driver. Now one of the people, tends to wear a Hi-Vis vest and often standing towards the front of bus, so I assumed this was maybe a Mentor for Route Learning. But the second person can often be seen sitting towards the rear of the bus or next to a passenger - what will he be doing?

Is this guy there for PR reasons, Customer Services !! Maybe to get feedback from customers ??

Depot Mentor and another driver, no longer on the service now unless training up another driver.
(09 Nov 2015, 7:03 pm)thetravelman wrote Something I've noticed on the NEW 434 service recently and kept meaning to mention/ask about, is when I've seen it/passed me, there has been another two GNE looking staff on aboard aswell as the Driver. Now one of the people, tends to wear a Hi-Vis vest and often standing towards the front of bus, so I assumed this was maybe a Mentor for Route Learning. But the second person can often be seen sitting towards the rear of the bus or next to a passenger - what will he be doing?

(09 Nov 2015, 7:26 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Depot Mentor and another driver, no longer on the service now unless training up another driver.

Ok, I see thanks.
(09 Nov 2015, 2:14 pm)Michael wrote Hopefully all of the 1999 ones will be withdrawn.... have orders gone in yet for new buses?

the ones that are on 9 and 17/17A are tired no wonder there tired running to Cramlington and to Whitley Bay (17/17A) and Sunderland to North Shields (9) it aint bad for 9 as its only 1 hour to Sunderland from North Shields and a PVR of 7 (4 are Percy Main) (3 are Deptford)
Site Administrator
(09 Nov 2015, 7:26 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Depot Mentor and another driver, no longer on the service now unless training up another driver.

I believe one is there every day (at least on weekdays) - the main driver's meal break is covered by the driver who appears to be a mentor. I don't think it has anything to do with training drivers, but I may be wrong as that's really not my department.
(09 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm)Dan wrote I believe one is there every day (at least on weekdays) - the main driver's meal break is covered by the driver who appears to be a mentor. I don't think it has anything to do with training drivers, but I may be wrong as that's really not my department.

There wasn't one on earlier just the driver. This was at 1220.
(09 Nov 2015, 9:03 pm)GX03 SVC wrote There wasn't one on earlier just the driver. This was at 1220.

Could have been sat down so you may have mistaken them for an extra passenger? Assuming you didn't get on the bus.
Site Administrator
(09 Nov 2015, 9:05 pm)S813 FVK wrote Could have been sat down so you may have mistaken them for an extra passenger? Assuming you didn't get on the bus.

And 12 o'clock probably not the best time to look - a good meal break time if there ever was one!
(09 Nov 2015, 9:05 pm)S813 FVK wrote Could have been sat down so you may have mistaken them for an extra passenger? Assuming you didn't get on the bus.

Nobody was on board the bus as it went straight into layovers.
8273 sounded awful today think it's finished!!! The exhaust area is black and filthy and the desination rear blind is goosed
(09 Nov 2015, 11:05 pm)Diamond One wrote while ive been away has 6131 been done?

Nope. Nothing on the news part of the forum.....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(10 Nov 2015, 3:27 pm)Diamond One wrote Might still be getting branded am not building my hopes up

6131 has been VOR for a few weeks now. It is undergoing repairs.
Site Administrator
(10 Nov 2015, 3:27 pm)Diamond One wrote Might still be getting branded am not building my hopes up

6131 has been VOR for a few weeks now. It is undergoing repairs - so you're right not to build your hopes up, as you may be waiting a while!! Big Grin
(06 Nov 2015, 8:15 pm)thetravelman wrote Does anyone know how the recent changes up at Hexham are doing?

Are the new X81, 681 and 185 doing well? I wasn't sure how the 1 retrun trip per day on the X81 Hexham to Alston would do, but I suppose its better to have a service operate with a few passengers rather the bus just travel to/from Alston each day light, where it sets off on the 681 from Alston to Haltwhistle.

Has anyone managed to get any photos?

I managed to get a photo in Haltwhistle on the first day of the new services when 561 was the allocated vehicle.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...114013615/
(10 Nov 2015, 8:14 pm)pdiddy wrote Any good gossip/rumours anybody!!!

That Davie poisoned his classmates and teacher..
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
(10 Nov 2015, 8:14 pm)pdiddy wrote Any good gossip/rumours anybody!!!

6131 is branded or am i just starting a rumour?
(09 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm)Dan wrote I believe one is there every day (at least on weekdays) - the main driver's meal break is covered by the driver who appears to be a mentor. I don't think it has anything to do with training drivers, but I may be wrong as that's really not my department.

So is the extra driver on the bus all day? Sounds an expensive way to run the service, if 2 drivers are needed to cover the service all day.

According to the timetable the bus has a layover in Ashington from 12:21pm for 39 mins, I guess that this is not long enough for a drivers meal break?

Do drivers get other breaks throughout a shift, other than any time tabled layover time between arrival and departures?
(10 Nov 2015, 5:15 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote I managed to get a photo in Haltwhistle on the first day of the new services when 561 was the allocated vehicle.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_ph...114013615/

Thanks for the link to your photo GuyParkRoyal.

It will be great to see these new services do well.

and maybe more Tynedale Links services introduced or existing ones to have an increased frequency.

I do like the idea of the Hexham to Alston link, but think it could do with extra services throughout the day, rather than one service upto Alston in the Morning and a return service around teatime.

I know when I worked in Hexham we did get quite a few customers coming down to do their shopping from Alston. The current link doesn't give shoppers this option.
(10 Nov 2015, 8:29 pm)wise owl wrote 6131 is branded or am i just starting a rumour?

Well if you read above what Dan said,  6131 is VOR so it hasn't being branded.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.