Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

Bus Related Outings and Reviews

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (239) Previous 1185 186 187239 Next
Andreos1

11 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm #3,701
(11 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm)Jimmi Don't feel up to writing a detailed review like usual, so here is a log of the journeys I made on Saturday.

0705 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7535)
0750 X12 Durham Bus Station - Newcastle Eldon Square (ANE 1441)
0933 X15 Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station - Alnwick Bus Station (ANE 7515)
1228 X20 Alnwick Bus Station - Ashington Bus Station (ANE 7475)
1404 57 Ashington Bus Station - Cramlington, Dudley Lane Shops (ANE 1761)
1450 43 Cramlington, Dudley Lane Shops - Morpeth Bus Station (ANE 4522)
1536 X14 Morpeth Bus Station - Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station (ANE 7512)
1620 X12 Newcastle Eldon Square - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7627)
1722 7 Durham Bus Station - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 7536)

You may remember many months ago Alex Garwood asked if I would meet up with him, I finally decided as we both wanted to head up to Alnwick, we might as well both head up there. Was quite a decent outing and it did make a nice change having someone to talk to on one of my outings especially as I haven't seen many enthusiasts about recently, although I did see Dan in Gateshead the day before and have spotted Kuyoyo on numerous occasions recently, guess where?

My next outing is likely to be on Friday, but I am unsure whether to head to Sunderland like I originally planned to do last week or head to Hexham. On Saturday I am looking to snap rail replacement services in Darlington and/or Durham. Next Monday I will be venturing to Middlesbrough to snap the new Croft Coach Travel service 30, unsure as to where else I will end up yet, we'll see on the day. I am looking to do something with the Transdev Harrogate & District service 36 which is due to receive new StreetDeck's in the upcoming weeks, looking into the possibility of doing Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds in one day although that will come down to time and costs for the day.

It was causing a stir in Boro today.
People seeing the £1 offer, but being unable to work out where it went to/from due to the lack of a front working blind.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm #3,701

(11 Jan 2016, 4:09 pm)Jimmi Don't feel up to writing a detailed review like usual, so here is a log of the journeys I made on Saturday.

0705 7 Newton Aycliffe - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7535)
0750 X12 Durham Bus Station - Newcastle Eldon Square (ANE 1441)
0933 X15 Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station - Alnwick Bus Station (ANE 7515)
1228 X20 Alnwick Bus Station - Ashington Bus Station (ANE 7475)
1404 57 Ashington Bus Station - Cramlington, Dudley Lane Shops (ANE 1761)
1450 43 Cramlington, Dudley Lane Shops - Morpeth Bus Station (ANE 4522)
1536 X14 Morpeth Bus Station - Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station (ANE 7512)
1620 X12 Newcastle Eldon Square - Durham Bus Station (ANE 7627)
1722 7 Durham Bus Station - Newton Aycliffe (ANE 7536)

You may remember many months ago Alex Garwood asked if I would meet up with him, I finally decided as we both wanted to head up to Alnwick, we might as well both head up there. Was quite a decent outing and it did make a nice change having someone to talk to on one of my outings especially as I haven't seen many enthusiasts about recently, although I did see Dan in Gateshead the day before and have spotted Kuyoyo on numerous occasions recently, guess where?

My next outing is likely to be on Friday, but I am unsure whether to head to Sunderland like I originally planned to do last week or head to Hexham. On Saturday I am looking to snap rail replacement services in Darlington and/or Durham. Next Monday I will be venturing to Middlesbrough to snap the new Croft Coach Travel service 30, unsure as to where else I will end up yet, we'll see on the day. I am looking to do something with the Transdev Harrogate & District service 36 which is due to receive new StreetDeck's in the upcoming weeks, looking into the possibility of doing Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds in one day although that will come down to time and costs for the day.

It was causing a stir in Boro today.
People seeing the £1 offer, but being unable to work out where it went to/from due to the lack of a front working blind.

BusLoverMum

11 Jan 2016, 9:06 pm #3,702
(11 Jan 2016, 1:36 pm)Charles41 I was planning to travel to Consett on Saturday and walk over the moors to Stanhope. However a mixture of bad weather and family commitments meant I had to change my plans. I was free in the afternoon so decided to take a little unplanned trip out.

My first bus of the day was from Eldon Square to Newcastle Airport. This was Stagecoach MAN 22037, a Slatyford based vehicle working the 12.25 X78. This was a well used service, with most people going to Ponteland. The journey took just over 15 minutes and was a good trash through the rainsoaked suburbs of Newcastle. The windows were all misted up and everyone seemed to have the New Year blues.

I alighted opposite the main entrance to the airport and headed to the terminal building. Here I was able to spot vehicles owned by Newcastle Park & Fly Limited. Doing the rounds were two new Vauxhall Movanos which have been fitted with extra space for luggage, carrying 8 passengers. Also present were a couple of the company’s MANs, BUS3 and BUS4. BUS4 (MX59KUE) has Plaxton bodywork and looked smart in the airport’s purple branding. Also present here was a new Mercedes minicoach belonging to Green Mountain Travel, YN65AXE. As with all Green Mountain vehicles, the standard of presentation was very high.

I did not stay too long at the airport, after a brief exploration of the car parks in search of more buses I decided to catch the 13.19 Nexus service 353. This secured service is contracted to GNE and was operated by Riverside’s Solo 637. Unlike my previous journey, this bus was virtually empty. In addition to myself, there were two old ladies going shopping at Kingston Park. It was a good ride though and we soon arrived in Kingston Park as the weather improved.

At Kingston Park I set off in search of the depot of IMS Medical. This private ambulance company had it’s garage listed as being on the Airport Industrial Estate. I was hoping to get some photos of their 8-seat Volkswagen Transporters which are used for patient transport duties. Unfortunately when I found their garage unit it appeared to be disused. Undeterred, I walked to the shops and waited for the X47 back into the City Centre.

This soon arrived in the shape of Alexander Dennis bodied MAN 22413, another Slatyford based bus. This service was busy and despite being an X picked up passengers at virtually every stop. The bus was more than two thirds full when we left Cowgate and hit the motorway section. This was a good bit of haulage back into town. I noticed as we emerged from the bypass near Northumbria University that their Dart was parked up outside the West campus building. I decided to see if I could get some photos of this bus which I previously thought had been disposed of.

At John Dobson Street I got off the X47 and after a brisk few minutes walk over the motorway bridge I arrived at the campus. On the way I passed the remains of former nightclub IKON which has now mainly been demolished. My partner says she had some of her best nights out there and is gutted that it has gone. Personally I thought it was overpriced and full of loud-mouthed chavs. At the campus I quickly located the service yard and had no problems getting some photos of the Dart which has now been re-registered back to SK07HMO. I then walked over the newish footbridge which links the West campus to the main campus area. Here I checked out the service yard behind Ellison Place where the university parks it’s vans and Ford Transit minibuses, only vans were present on this visit though.

I’d heard there were rail replacement buses working out of Newcastle Central Station. So after getting some shopping in town, decided to have a walk down there. The Central Station was an absolute goldmine. There were vehicles present from Tyne Valley Coaches, Durham City Coaches, Thirwells, Garfield and Gardners NMC to name just a few. The scene was very busy with coaches coming and going every few minutes. I was able to get some brilliant photos despite the location being organised chaos with bewildered passengers seeking their correct bus. Also present nearby were 3 of GNE’s Tridents which are adapted for the DFDS working. I was able to get cracking photos of these.

I stayed in the Central Station area until 4 o’clock when the lack of light made taking photos more difficult. I’d read in the latest Notices and Proceedings that Parkers Executive Chauffeurs Limited are upgrading from a restricted to a standard international O-Licence. This company has it’s operating centre at the Copthorne Hotel. I therefore took a short walk down to the Quayside past the Centre for Life. Parked on the Copthorne forecourt was a new Mercedes Sprinter LL15UVT which has an all-over silver livery with blacked out windows. It was dark now so I could not get any decent photos of this smart vehicle.

I then walked past what used to be my favourite nightclub, the Cooperage. I used to love going and had so many great nights out there. My partner hated the place; she thought it was boring and full of old men. My final bus of the day was GNE Versa 8337 working the 16.27 Q2. I caught this next to the Guildhall on the Quayside. The Quayside was coming alive with people starting their nights out when I reached the Guildhall. The view of the illuminated Millennium Bridge and the Sage from the Swing Bridge was most impressive. The service was quiet until reaching Gateshead. It filled up here after a noisy thrash up the bank and was busy all the way to Low Fell. From here I made my way to my dad’s house buying him pie and chips on the way.

It was a good afternoon’s outing given that I had no set idea where I wanted to go. I went to the Central Station again yesterday lunch time and got some more cracking photos. I’m going to try again next weekend, I believe the rail replacement coaches will be running again then.

Hope you enjoyed the review.

Charles

Fond memories of the Cooperage and that scrumpy they sold. A pint or two of that followed by a stagger down to the red house to nurse a half of something (and get a seat - though the floor at the Cooperage was sticky enough to hold you upright).

We are of course talking about the late 80s, before there was really anything else on the Quayside. I think IKON might have been the Studio, at the time. not a fan, but student night was cheap to get in.
BusLoverMum
11 Jan 2016, 9:06 pm #3,702

(11 Jan 2016, 1:36 pm)Charles41 I was planning to travel to Consett on Saturday and walk over the moors to Stanhope. However a mixture of bad weather and family commitments meant I had to change my plans. I was free in the afternoon so decided to take a little unplanned trip out.

My first bus of the day was from Eldon Square to Newcastle Airport. This was Stagecoach MAN 22037, a Slatyford based vehicle working the 12.25 X78. This was a well used service, with most people going to Ponteland. The journey took just over 15 minutes and was a good trash through the rainsoaked suburbs of Newcastle. The windows were all misted up and everyone seemed to have the New Year blues.

I alighted opposite the main entrance to the airport and headed to the terminal building. Here I was able to spot vehicles owned by Newcastle Park & Fly Limited. Doing the rounds were two new Vauxhall Movanos which have been fitted with extra space for luggage, carrying 8 passengers. Also present were a couple of the company’s MANs, BUS3 and BUS4. BUS4 (MX59KUE) has Plaxton bodywork and looked smart in the airport’s purple branding. Also present here was a new Mercedes minicoach belonging to Green Mountain Travel, YN65AXE. As with all Green Mountain vehicles, the standard of presentation was very high.

I did not stay too long at the airport, after a brief exploration of the car parks in search of more buses I decided to catch the 13.19 Nexus service 353. This secured service is contracted to GNE and was operated by Riverside’s Solo 637. Unlike my previous journey, this bus was virtually empty. In addition to myself, there were two old ladies going shopping at Kingston Park. It was a good ride though and we soon arrived in Kingston Park as the weather improved.

At Kingston Park I set off in search of the depot of IMS Medical. This private ambulance company had it’s garage listed as being on the Airport Industrial Estate. I was hoping to get some photos of their 8-seat Volkswagen Transporters which are used for patient transport duties. Unfortunately when I found their garage unit it appeared to be disused. Undeterred, I walked to the shops and waited for the X47 back into the City Centre.

This soon arrived in the shape of Alexander Dennis bodied MAN 22413, another Slatyford based bus. This service was busy and despite being an X picked up passengers at virtually every stop. The bus was more than two thirds full when we left Cowgate and hit the motorway section. This was a good bit of haulage back into town. I noticed as we emerged from the bypass near Northumbria University that their Dart was parked up outside the West campus building. I decided to see if I could get some photos of this bus which I previously thought had been disposed of.

At John Dobson Street I got off the X47 and after a brisk few minutes walk over the motorway bridge I arrived at the campus. On the way I passed the remains of former nightclub IKON which has now mainly been demolished. My partner says she had some of her best nights out there and is gutted that it has gone. Personally I thought it was overpriced and full of loud-mouthed chavs. At the campus I quickly located the service yard and had no problems getting some photos of the Dart which has now been re-registered back to SK07HMO. I then walked over the newish footbridge which links the West campus to the main campus area. Here I checked out the service yard behind Ellison Place where the university parks it’s vans and Ford Transit minibuses, only vans were present on this visit though.

I’d heard there were rail replacement buses working out of Newcastle Central Station. So after getting some shopping in town, decided to have a walk down there. The Central Station was an absolute goldmine. There were vehicles present from Tyne Valley Coaches, Durham City Coaches, Thirwells, Garfield and Gardners NMC to name just a few. The scene was very busy with coaches coming and going every few minutes. I was able to get some brilliant photos despite the location being organised chaos with bewildered passengers seeking their correct bus. Also present nearby were 3 of GNE’s Tridents which are adapted for the DFDS working. I was able to get cracking photos of these.

I stayed in the Central Station area until 4 o’clock when the lack of light made taking photos more difficult. I’d read in the latest Notices and Proceedings that Parkers Executive Chauffeurs Limited are upgrading from a restricted to a standard international O-Licence. This company has it’s operating centre at the Copthorne Hotel. I therefore took a short walk down to the Quayside past the Centre for Life. Parked on the Copthorne forecourt was a new Mercedes Sprinter LL15UVT which has an all-over silver livery with blacked out windows. It was dark now so I could not get any decent photos of this smart vehicle.

I then walked past what used to be my favourite nightclub, the Cooperage. I used to love going and had so many great nights out there. My partner hated the place; she thought it was boring and full of old men. My final bus of the day was GNE Versa 8337 working the 16.27 Q2. I caught this next to the Guildhall on the Quayside. The Quayside was coming alive with people starting their nights out when I reached the Guildhall. The view of the illuminated Millennium Bridge and the Sage from the Swing Bridge was most impressive. The service was quiet until reaching Gateshead. It filled up here after a noisy thrash up the bank and was busy all the way to Low Fell. From here I made my way to my dad’s house buying him pie and chips on the way.

It was a good afternoon’s outing given that I had no set idea where I wanted to go. I went to the Central Station again yesterday lunch time and got some more cracking photos. I’m going to try again next weekend, I believe the rail replacement coaches will be running again then.

Hope you enjoyed the review.

Charles

Fond memories of the Cooperage and that scrumpy they sold. A pint or two of that followed by a stagger down to the red house to nurse a half of something (and get a seat - though the floor at the Cooperage was sticky enough to hold you upright).

We are of course talking about the late 80s, before there was really anything else on the Quayside. I think IKON might have been the Studio, at the time. not a fan, but student night was cheap to get in.

11 Jan 2016, 10:00 pm #3,703
Jimmi

An idea for Hexham:
7 7.05 Newton Aycliffe
7.47 Durham
15 8.00 Durham
8.40 Consett
V6 8.49 Consett
9.12 Consett
TIME FOR PHOTOS
689 9.45 Consett
10:44 Hexham
682 10:50 Hexham
11:00 Acomb Garage
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES AT TYNE VALLEY COACHES DEPOT
680 11:17 Acomb Garage
12:54 Return to Hexham via Bellingham
74 13:05 Hexham
14:29 Eldon Square
74 Will be late
X7 14:52 Haymarket
15:22 Seaton Delavel
57A 15:27 Seaton Delavel
15:37 West Monkseaton Metro
Metro 15:48 West Monkseaton
15:58 North Shields
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
9 16:20 North Shields
17:19 Park Lane
PHOTO OPPORTUNITES
Metro 17:33 Park Lane
17:35 Sunderland Station
TRN 17:52 Sunderland
18:52 Middlesborough
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
19:25 Middlesborough
20:12 Darlington Tubwell Row
ANY BUS TO NEWTON AYCLIFFE

Yes, it is long but it incorporates Hexham, Sunderland and Middlesborough Smile
NK53 TKT
11 Jan 2016, 10:00 pm #3,703

Jimmi

An idea for Hexham:
7 7.05 Newton Aycliffe
7.47 Durham
15 8.00 Durham
8.40 Consett
V6 8.49 Consett
9.12 Consett
TIME FOR PHOTOS
689 9.45 Consett
74 Will be late
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
PHOTO OPPORTUNITES
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES

Jimmi

11 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm #3,704
(11 Jan 2016, 10:00 pm)NK53 TKT An idea for Hexham:
7 7.05 Newton Aycliffe
7.47 Durham
15 8.00 Durham
8.40 Consett
V6 8.49 Consett
9.12 Consett
TIME FOR PHOTOS
689 9.45 Consett
74 Will be late
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
PHOTO OPPORTUNITES
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES

That's quite long and I don't think I'd want to spend that long in Acomb. Would probably be better to do Sunderland and Hexham in two different days although it could be done in one if I was to plan it right. Don't know yet, we'll see what I come up with closer to the time.

If I wanted to see what's in Tyne Valley Coaches depot, I would get myself along to this: http://jb-tours.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/n...r.html?m=1

Includes trips to the depots of Coopers Tourmaster, Henry Cooper, Primrose Coaches and Tyne Valley Coaches, plus rides on some members of their fleets (not Coopers Tourmaster). £15 - Saturday 30th January.
(11 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm)Kuyoyo Just a point - the new deckers for the 36 are B5TLs not Streetdecks.
Oh dammit! I'm not the best with bus types etc.
Jimmi
11 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm #3,704

(11 Jan 2016, 10:00 pm)NK53 TKT An idea for Hexham:
7 7.05 Newton Aycliffe
7.47 Durham
15 8.00 Durham
8.40 Consett
V6 8.49 Consett
9.12 Consett
TIME FOR PHOTOS
689 9.45 Consett
74 Will be late
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
PHOTO OPPORTUNITES
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES

That's quite long and I don't think I'd want to spend that long in Acomb. Would probably be better to do Sunderland and Hexham in two different days although it could be done in one if I was to plan it right. Don't know yet, we'll see what I come up with closer to the time.

If I wanted to see what's in Tyne Valley Coaches depot, I would get myself along to this: http://jb-tours.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/n...r.html?m=1

Includes trips to the depots of Coopers Tourmaster, Henry Cooper, Primrose Coaches and Tyne Valley Coaches, plus rides on some members of their fleets (not Coopers Tourmaster). £15 - Saturday 30th January.
(11 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm)Kuyoyo Just a point - the new deckers for the 36 are B5TLs not Streetdecks.

11 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm #3,705
(11 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm)Jimmi That's quite long and I don't think I'd want to spend that long in Acomb. Would probably be better to do Sunderland and Hexham in two different days although it could be done in one if I was to plan it right. Don't know yet, we'll see what I come up with closer to the time.

Exclamation 
Oh, I would be on that tour if I wasn't flying to Chambéry on that day, if only I went skiing on the Sunday instead.
NK53 TKT
11 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm #3,705

(11 Jan 2016, 10:15 pm)Jimmi That's quite long and I don't think I'd want to spend that long in Acomb. Would probably be better to do Sunderland and Hexham in two different days although it could be done in one if I was to plan it right. Don't know yet, we'll see what I come up with closer to the time.

Exclamation 
Oh, I would be on that tour if I wasn't flying to Chambéry on that day, if only I went skiing on the Sunday instead.

11 Jan 2016, 10:37 pm #3,706
Hmmm, might go on that tour, I have £15 left of my Christmas money.
omnicity4659
11 Jan 2016, 10:37 pm #3,706

Hmmm, might go on that tour, I have £15 left of my Christmas money.

Jimmi

11 Jan 2016, 10:40 pm #3,707
(11 Jan 2016, 10:37 pm)GX03 SVC Hmmm, might go on that tour, I have £15 left of my Christmas money.
I might do as well.
Jimmi
11 Jan 2016, 10:40 pm #3,707

(11 Jan 2016, 10:37 pm)GX03 SVC Hmmm, might go on that tour, I have £15 left of my Christmas money.
I might do as well.

11 Jan 2016, 11:36 pm #3,708
(11 Jan 2016, 10:40 pm)Jimmi I might do as well.

Might see you around then! I'll probably be there for 1030, just waiting confirmation on the exact stop.
omnicity4659
11 Jan 2016, 11:36 pm #3,708

(11 Jan 2016, 10:40 pm)Jimmi I might do as well.

Might see you around then! I'll probably be there for 1030, just waiting confirmation on the exact stop.

Andreos1

12 Jan 2016, 10:23 am #3,709
As with previous 'outings', I tend not to outline the whole in's and out's of the day, preferring to mention select parts.

I had a bit of a bash around Teesside and East Cleveland using an Explorer ticket yesterday.
With no set plan - other than to head home a different way.

Made my way to Boro and decided to have a decent run out on the Sapphire network down there.
Apart from quick hops, I hadn't spent serious time on the bus network down there for a good while and hadn't sampled an ANE Streetlite.
I loved the shades of blue on the mini-roundabout at the entrance/exit to the bus station though Wink.

I quickly noted the lack of a rattle on the emergency exit - for each Streetlite I sampled. Much quieter than the batch GNE have (have yet to use the Deptford examples).
They seemed to change up gears very quickly, which wasn't ideal on the faster stretches of road. I also sensed the drivers taking roundabouts with caution. I am guessing the back ends can be twitchy.

I do like the approach ANE take to using SMS and advertising the fleet number in prominent locations inside the bus too.
I wish I tried the number to check on the procedure, as no plug sockets worked (is this a problem with all Streetlites - never had a working example yet).
The WiFi was great. I noticed the registration process, similar to other public WiFi providers.

All in all, a canny day out - except I ended up coming home using the same routes as heading down...

Andreos1
12 Jan 2016, 10:23 am #3,709

As with previous 'outings', I tend not to outline the whole in's and out's of the day, preferring to mention select parts.

I had a bit of a bash around Teesside and East Cleveland using an Explorer ticket yesterday.
With no set plan - other than to head home a different way.

Made my way to Boro and decided to have a decent run out on the Sapphire network down there.
Apart from quick hops, I hadn't spent serious time on the bus network down there for a good while and hadn't sampled an ANE Streetlite.
I loved the shades of blue on the mini-roundabout at the entrance/exit to the bus station though Wink.

I quickly noted the lack of a rattle on the emergency exit - for each Streetlite I sampled. Much quieter than the batch GNE have (have yet to use the Deptford examples).
They seemed to change up gears very quickly, which wasn't ideal on the faster stretches of road. I also sensed the drivers taking roundabouts with caution. I am guessing the back ends can be twitchy.

I do like the approach ANE take to using SMS and advertising the fleet number in prominent locations inside the bus too.
I wish I tried the number to check on the procedure, as no plug sockets worked (is this a problem with all Streetlites - never had a working example yet).
The WiFi was great. I noticed the registration process, similar to other public WiFi providers.

All in all, a canny day out - except I ended up coming home using the same routes as heading down...

Charles41

12 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm #3,710
Jimmi wrote:

This is a cracking idea, I might try and get my partner to come with me if she's off work. Question though what will be the exact itinerary? I'm just thinking a trip from Acomb across rural Northumberland to Bedlington would be a cracking ride. What kind a vehicle is being used for the trip?

Charles
Charles41
12 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm #3,710

Jimmi wrote:

This is a cracking idea, I might try and get my partner to come with me if she's off work. Question though what will be the exact itinerary? I'm just thinking a trip from Acomb across rural Northumberland to Bedlington would be a cracking ride. What kind a vehicle is being used for the trip?

Charles

12 Jan 2016, 2:31 pm #3,711
(12 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm)Charles41 This is a cracking idea, I might try and get my partner to come with me if she's off work. Question though what will be the exact itinerary? I'm just thinking a trip from Acomb across rural Northumberland to Bedlington would be a cracking ride. What kind a vehicle is being used for the trip?

Charles

Just awaiting a response from them, exact pick up points and the vehicles being used.
omnicity4659
12 Jan 2016, 2:31 pm #3,711

(12 Jan 2016, 1:47 pm)Charles41 This is a cracking idea, I might try and get my partner to come with me if she's off work. Question though what will be the exact itinerary? I'm just thinking a trip from Acomb across rural Northumberland to Bedlington would be a cracking ride. What kind a vehicle is being used for the trip?

Charles

Just awaiting a response from them, exact pick up points and the vehicles being used.

12 Jan 2016, 11:27 pm #3,712
(12 Jan 2016, 2:31 pm)GX03 SVC Just awaiting a response from them, exact pick up points and the vehicles being used.

Hi Tommy, thank you for your email and your interest in my planned North East Bus & Depot Tour.
The tour will start from Bewick Street which is opposite the main entrance of Newcastle Central railway station.
I will be aiming to use a selection of vehicles during this tour including at least 2 different vehicles from Henry Cooper and at least a further 2 from Tyne Valley Coaches.
Fares are payable on the day and there is no need to pre-book to join me on this tour.
I will update my website with some additional details shortly.
Hope to see you soon.

Also been told by the organiser in a Facebook conversation that Tyne Valley's F27TMP, a Leyland Tiger will be used.
Edited 12 Jan 2016, 11:38 pm by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
12 Jan 2016, 11:27 pm #3,712

(12 Jan 2016, 2:31 pm)GX03 SVC Just awaiting a response from them, exact pick up points and the vehicles being used.

Hi Tommy, thank you for your email and your interest in my planned North East Bus & Depot Tour.
The tour will start from Bewick Street which is opposite the main entrance of Newcastle Central railway station.
I will be aiming to use a selection of vehicles during this tour including at least 2 different vehicles from Henry Cooper and at least a further 2 from Tyne Valley Coaches.
Fares are payable on the day and there is no need to pre-book to join me on this tour.
I will update my website with some additional details shortly.
Hope to see you soon.

Also been told by the organiser in a Facebook conversation that Tyne Valley's F27TMP, a Leyland Tiger will be used.

Charles41

13 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm #3,713
(12 Jan 2016, 11:27 pm)GX03 SVC Also been told by the organiser in a Facebook conversation that Tyne Valley's F27TMP, a Leyland Tiger will be used.

Cracking, I'd go just for a trip on the Tiger. Alas my partner groaned when I told her about the trip last night.

Count me in.

Charles
Charles41
13 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm #3,713

(12 Jan 2016, 11:27 pm)GX03 SVC Also been told by the organiser in a Facebook conversation that Tyne Valley's F27TMP, a Leyland Tiger will be used.

Cracking, I'd go just for a trip on the Tiger. Alas my partner groaned when I told her about the trip last night.

Count me in.

Charles

13 Jan 2016, 2:52 pm #3,714
(13 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm)Charles41 Cracking, I'd go just for a trip on the Tiger. Alas my partner groaned when I told her about the trip last night.

Count me in.

Charles

There's an additional stop at Gateshead MetroCentre Coach Park, 40 minutes before Bewick Street.
omnicity4659
13 Jan 2016, 2:52 pm #3,714

(13 Jan 2016, 1:37 pm)Charles41 Cracking, I'd go just for a trip on the Tiger. Alas my partner groaned when I told her about the trip last night.

Count me in.

Charles

There's an additional stop at Gateshead MetroCentre Coach Park, 40 minutes before Bewick Street.

Davie

Banned

15 Jan 2016, 9:52 pm #3,715
My plan for tomorrow;
Middlesbrough, Peterlee, Hartlepool, Sunderland then somewhere else where I've not though of yet.
Davie
15 Jan 2016, 9:52 pm #3,715

My plan for tomorrow;
Middlesbrough, Peterlee, Hartlepool, Sunderland then somewhere else where I've not though of yet.

BusLoverMum

15 Jan 2016, 10:01 pm #3,716
(15 Jan 2016, 9:52 pm)Davie My plan for tomorrow;

No Place.
BusLoverMum
15 Jan 2016, 10:01 pm #3,716

No Place.

Davie

Banned

15 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm #3,717

(15 Jan 2016, 10:01 pm)BusLoverMum No Place.
I'm not sure if I want to do that plan or have a day riding around on Cadet's, MPD's.
Davie
15 Jan 2016, 10:09 pm #3,717

I'm not sure if I want to do that plan or have a day riding around on Cadet's, MPD's.

S813 FVK

15 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm #3,718

Well, I wouldn't advise him to spend a few hours there! Only a bus every 30 minutes haha (service 8).
S813 FVK
15 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm #3,718

Well, I wouldn't advise him to spend a few hours there! Only a bus every 30 minutes haha (service 8).

Diamond One

Banned

15 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm #3,719
tell me about your bus journey what vehicles you've travelled on?
Diamond One
15 Jan 2016, 10:21 pm #3,719

tell me about your bus journey what vehicles you've travelled on?

S813 FVK

15 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm #3,720
Or we can just use the usual review thread...
S813 FVK
15 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm #3,720

Or we can just use the usual review thread...

Pages (239) Previous 1185 186 187239 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average