Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (40) Previous 137 38 39 40 Next
tyresmoke

28 Sep 2013, 2:56 pm #741
(28 Sep 2013, 12:47 pm)nk55 I know one of the plaxton premier coaches was registered K2 VOY but last time i seen the plaxton it was still registered as above and i've not seen any new triaxles in chester depot. I do believe national express have a large standing area with ordered and delivered coaches, but that haven't been moved on to operators. It would seem unusual to have 11 plate coaches taken off the network (yourbus) and replaced by 63 plate coaches as will be the case with all new contracts being taken over.

It's a strange world - Rotala have a bunch of 14 Volvo B9Rs sat around doing nothing and EYMS have been loaning in various Bovas and other assorted coaches to cover their commitments.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
28 Sep 2013, 2:56 pm #741

(28 Sep 2013, 12:47 pm)nk55 I know one of the plaxton premier coaches was registered K2 VOY but last time i seen the plaxton it was still registered as above and i've not seen any new triaxles in chester depot. I do believe national express have a large standing area with ordered and delivered coaches, but that haven't been moved on to operators. It would seem unusual to have 11 plate coaches taken off the network (yourbus) and replaced by 63 plate coaches as will be the case with all new contracts being taken over.

It's a strange world - Rotala have a bunch of 14 Volvo B9Rs sat around doing nothing and EYMS have been loaning in various Bovas and other assorted coaches to cover their commitments.

BJ10VUS

28 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm #742
Regarding the Q1 - I've noticed for a few months now, that the Q1 (towards Central Station) now tends to operate via Bottle Bank and up the hill to The Sage rather than through the bus only junction. Not sure that's worth a registration though, as there are no stops on either route it takes.
BJ10VUS
28 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm #742

Regarding the Q1 - I've noticed for a few months now, that the Q1 (towards Central Station) now tends to operate via Bottle Bank and up the hill to The Sage rather than through the bus only junction. Not sure that's worth a registration though, as there are no stops on either route it takes.

busman101

28 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm #743
(28 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm)BJ10VUS Regarding the Q1 - I've noticed for a few months now, that the Q1 (towards Central Station) now tends to operate via Bottle Bank and up the hill to The Sage rather than through the bus only junction. Not sure that's worth a registration though, as there are no stops on either route it takes.

The Q1 has been doing Bottle Bank due to a problem with the traffic lights at the end of the Tyne Bridge as the loop is knackered for them to turn right as they head from Gateshead Interchange towards the Sage
busman101
28 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm #743

(28 Sep 2013, 7:20 pm)BJ10VUS Regarding the Q1 - I've noticed for a few months now, that the Q1 (towards Central Station) now tends to operate via Bottle Bank and up the hill to The Sage rather than through the bus only junction. Not sure that's worth a registration though, as there are no stops on either route it takes.

The Q1 has been doing Bottle Bank due to a problem with the traffic lights at the end of the Tyne Bridge as the loop is knackered for them to turn right as they head from Gateshead Interchange towards the Sage

busman101

28 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm #744
(26 Sep 2013, 9:59 pm)tyresmoke Shame to see GNE cost cutting on the X7 already (and adding extra stops into it) in a desperate attempt to make it profitable. Not exactly surprising, though!

Or lots of pushing of Arriva's X1 group - 3 extra buses and fares gone from £6.50 returns down to £4 day tickets. You do the maths !
busman101
28 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm #744

(26 Sep 2013, 9:59 pm)tyresmoke Shame to see GNE cost cutting on the X7 already (and adding extra stops into it) in a desperate attempt to make it profitable. Not exactly surprising, though!

Or lots of pushing of Arriva's X1 group - 3 extra buses and fares gone from £6.50 returns down to £4 day tickets. You do the maths !

tyresmoke

28 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm #745
(28 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm)busman101 Or lots of pushing of Arriva's X1 group - 3 extra buses and fares gone from £6.50 returns down to £4 day tickets. You do the maths !

Sorry my original post probably sounded a bit blunt!
What I meant was its a shame to see it being cut so soon, thought you might have left it a bit longer to see it grow a bit more before taking a look at it? Having said that I'm not surprised by some of the trips being cut as they do have no-one on (the last one out of Middlesbrough for example).

tyresmoke
28 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm #745

(28 Sep 2013, 8:05 pm)busman101 Or lots of pushing of Arriva's X1 group - 3 extra buses and fares gone from £6.50 returns down to £4 day tickets. You do the maths !

Sorry my original post probably sounded a bit blunt!
What I meant was its a shame to see it being cut so soon, thought you might have left it a bit longer to see it grow a bit more before taking a look at it? Having said that I'm not surprised by some of the trips being cut as they do have no-one on (the last one out of Middlesbrough for example).

citaro5284

28 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm #746
(28 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm)tyresmoke Sorry my original post probably sounded a bit blunt!

A little bit of backtracking there Scott Big Grin
citaro5284
28 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm #746

(28 Sep 2013, 8:17 pm)tyresmoke Sorry my original post probably sounded a bit blunt!

A little bit of backtracking there Scott Big Grin

28 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm #747
Does anyone have an allocation list for these
Raymond
Coppercap40
28 Sep 2013, 8:46 pm #747

Does anyone have an allocation list for these
Raymond

BJ10VUS

28 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm #748
(28 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm)busman101 The Q1 has been doing Bottle Bank due to a problem with the traffic lights at the end of the Tyne Bridge as the loop is knackered for them to turn right as they head from Gateshead Interchange towards the Sage

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. They must have been broken for quite a while!
BJ10VUS
28 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm #748

(28 Sep 2013, 7:53 pm)busman101 The Q1 has been doing Bottle Bank due to a problem with the traffic lights at the end of the Tyne Bridge as the loop is knackered for them to turn right as they head from Gateshead Interchange towards the Sage

Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. They must have been broken for quite a while!

tyresmoke

28 Sep 2013, 9:29 pm #749
(28 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm)citaro5284 A little bit of backtracking there Scott Big Grin

Haha you could say that....
Then again it only started on 25th March, so that's only 6 months running... Surely just starting to get going in terms of building a commercially viable service? To introduce cuts so quickly seems a bit strange to me, not in terms of the actual trips being cut (I can understand that) but to change a service so soon into its life won't inspire customer confidence surely? I still think they missed a trick by not sending it via Dalton Park, a shopping park that tends to get forgotten by people in Teesside due to the poor transport links. Contrast that to the amount that use the X9/X10 to get to Metrocentre/Newcastle... The X7 could have had an extra slice of revenue by serving the shopping park there.

tyresmoke
28 Sep 2013, 9:29 pm #749

(28 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm)citaro5284 A little bit of backtracking there Scott Big Grin

Haha you could say that....
Then again it only started on 25th March, so that's only 6 months running... Surely just starting to get going in terms of building a commercially viable service? To introduce cuts so quickly seems a bit strange to me, not in terms of the actual trips being cut (I can understand that) but to change a service so soon into its life won't inspire customer confidence surely? I still think they missed a trick by not sending it via Dalton Park, a shopping park that tends to get forgotten by people in Teesside due to the poor transport links. Contrast that to the amount that use the X9/X10 to get to Metrocentre/Newcastle... The X7 could have had an extra slice of revenue by serving the shopping park there.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm #750
(28 Sep 2013, 9:29 pm)tyresmoke Haha you could say that....

This dalton park argument always get me wondering. I think dalton park does need more transport links, but the X7 to serve dalton park would increase timings and possibly the PVR. It's a funny one a bus from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Wingate, Station Town to Dalton Park would be good but logistically I'm not sure. One thought crossed my mind as to how well used the X7 is on Teeside. Obviously could be difficult to market, but an hourly express from Station Town-Sunderland via Wingate, Peterlee, Dalton Park, Seaham, Grangetown sounds like a nice idea and that would probably give a PVR of 2. But then that's take away Teeside links to Dalton Park the issue we were trying to resolve. Difficult one.
CatsFast101
28 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm #750

(28 Sep 2013, 9:29 pm)tyresmoke Haha you could say that....

This dalton park argument always get me wondering. I think dalton park does need more transport links, but the X7 to serve dalton park would increase timings and possibly the PVR. It's a funny one a bus from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Wingate, Station Town to Dalton Park would be good but logistically I'm not sure. One thought crossed my mind as to how well used the X7 is on Teeside. Obviously could be difficult to market, but an hourly express from Station Town-Sunderland via Wingate, Peterlee, Dalton Park, Seaham, Grangetown sounds like a nice idea and that would probably give a PVR of 2. But then that's take away Teeside links to Dalton Park the issue we were trying to resolve. Difficult one.

DanPicken

Banned

29 Sep 2013, 8:37 am #751
which area of tyne and wear does the gne travel shop in Washington cover for timetables because im planning to go on u16 pop card which I didn't know coverd Washington and where would be the qickest way on gne buses on a sat before 2pm otherwise the travel shop will be shut
DanPicken
29 Sep 2013, 8:37 am #751

which area of tyne and wear does the gne travel shop in Washington cover for timetables because im planning to go on u16 pop card which I didn't know coverd Washington and where would be the qickest way on gne buses on a sat before 2pm otherwise the travel shop will be shut

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Sep 2013, 8:44 am #752
(29 Sep 2013, 8:37 am)danpick which area of tyne and wear does the gne travel shop in Washington cover for timetables because im planning to go on u16 pop card which I didn't know coverd Washington and where would be the qickest way on gne buses on a sat before 2pm otherwise the travel shop will be shut

The "POP" Card covers all of Tyne & Wear. It should also be noted that you can travel on the Metro, Ferry and Newcastle to Sunderland rail services with a POP Card, in addition to buses anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

I have attached two methods of travelling - one of which uses the Tyne & Wear Metro, and the other that uses GNE buses only, as per your request. The former allows for more flexiblity.
.png
neb_danpick1.png
Size 13.72 KB / Downloads 29

.png
neb_danpick2.png
Size 11.8 KB / Downloads 29
Dan
29 Sep 2013, 8:44 am #752

(29 Sep 2013, 8:37 am)danpick which area of tyne and wear does the gne travel shop in Washington cover for timetables because im planning to go on u16 pop card which I didn't know coverd Washington and where would be the qickest way on gne buses on a sat before 2pm otherwise the travel shop will be shut

The "POP" Card covers all of Tyne & Wear. It should also be noted that you can travel on the Metro, Ferry and Newcastle to Sunderland rail services with a POP Card, in addition to buses anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

I have attached two methods of travelling - one of which uses the Tyne & Wear Metro, and the other that uses GNE buses only, as per your request. The former allows for more flexiblity.
.png
neb_danpick1.png
Size 13.72 KB / Downloads 29

.png
neb_danpick2.png
Size 11.8 KB / Downloads 29

BJ10VUS

29 Sep 2013, 10:36 am #753
(29 Sep 2013, 8:44 am)Daniel The "POP" Card covers all of Tyne & Wear. It should also be noted that you can travel on the Metro, Ferry and Newcastle to Sunderland rail services with a POP Card, in addition to buses anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

Alternatively, you could get the 'Crusader' 27 from Jarrow to Heworth - this takes about 25 minutes and runs every 10/11 minutes during the day.

Then take the 'MetroLINK' M1 from Heworth to Washington Galleries - this takes about 20 minutes and runs every 10 minutes during the day.
BJ10VUS
29 Sep 2013, 10:36 am #753

(29 Sep 2013, 8:44 am)Daniel The "POP" Card covers all of Tyne & Wear. It should also be noted that you can travel on the Metro, Ferry and Newcastle to Sunderland rail services with a POP Card, in addition to buses anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

Alternatively, you could get the 'Crusader' 27 from Jarrow to Heworth - this takes about 25 minutes and runs every 10/11 minutes during the day.

Then take the 'MetroLINK' M1 from Heworth to Washington Galleries - this takes about 20 minutes and runs every 10 minutes during the day.

GuyParkRoyal

29 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm #754
That dark blue colour on the new M1 replacement buses looks interesting I wonder if we are going to see a return of the SDO brand that was once familiar on the Washington to Houghton route.
Edited 29 Sep 2013, 12:19 pm by GuyParkRoyal.
GuyParkRoyal
29 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm #754

That dark blue colour on the new M1 replacement buses looks interesting I wonder if we are going to see a return of the SDO brand that was once familiar on the Washington to Houghton route.

Michael

29 Sep 2013, 12:24 pm #755
(29 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm)GuyParkRoyal That dark blue colour on the new M1 replacement buses looks interesting I wonder if we are going to see a return of the SDO brand that was once familiar on the Washington to Houghton route.

It's already being confirmed its gonna be - 4 Connections by Rob

Shame i really like the MetroLINK brand =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Sep 2013, 12:24 pm #755

(29 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm)GuyParkRoyal That dark blue colour on the new M1 replacement buses looks interesting I wonder if we are going to see a return of the SDO brand that was once familiar on the Washington to Houghton route.

It's already being confirmed its gonna be - 4 Connections by Rob

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm #756
(29 Sep 2013, 12:24 pm)Michael It's already being confirmed its gonna be - 4 Connections by Rob

"Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!
Dan
29 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm #756

(29 Sep 2013, 12:24 pm)Michael It's already being confirmed its gonna be - 4 Connections by Rob

"Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!

Michael

29 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm #757
(29 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm)Daniel "Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!

haha - its something around that lines Tongue

Gutted they have dropped the MetroLINK brand... least i can ride Ciatro's to college on a morning =D

My uni course has being moved from Sunderland Uni to Usworth College... due to lack of space at the Uni..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Sep 2013, 12:31 pm #757

(29 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm)Daniel "Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!

haha - its something around that lines Tongue

Gutted they have dropped the MetroLINK brand... least i can ride Ciatro's to college on a morning =D

My uni course has being moved from Sunderland Uni to Usworth College... due to lack of space at the Uni..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

29 Sep 2013, 12:35 pm #758

Although it will be called "Connections 4", "4 Connections" sounds so much better. Here is hoping it isn't a Typo Error.
Malarkey
29 Sep 2013, 12:35 pm #758

Although it will be called "Connections 4", "4 Connections" sounds so much better. Here is hoping it isn't a Typo Error.

Michael

29 Sep 2013, 12:40 pm #759
Still no info on changes for the M1 and they change less than a month, big changes to the service... including New Brand and Number, would of thought GNE would want to announce it least 6 before hand.

Alot of complaints and confused people... i'm glad i'm on this forum or i would of never known about the brand change or the M1 number change.

Hopefully details are out this week.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Sep 2013, 12:40 pm #759

Still no info on changes for the M1 and they change less than a month, big changes to the service... including New Brand and Number, would of thought GNE would want to announce it least 6 before hand.

Alot of complaints and confused people... i'm glad i'm on this forum or i would of never known about the brand change or the M1 number change.

Hopefully details are out this week.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom

29 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm #760
(28 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm)CatsFast101 This dalton park argument always get me wondering. I think dalton park does need more transport links, but the X7 to serve dalton park would increase timings and possibly the PVR. It's a funny one a bus from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Wingate, Station Town to Dalton Park would be good but logistically I'm not sure. One thought crossed my mind as to how well used the X7 is on Teeside. Obviously could be difficult to market, but an hourly express from Station Town-Sunderland via Wingate, Peterlee, Dalton Park, Seaham, Grangetown sounds like a nice idea and that would probably give a PVR of 2. But then that's take away Teeside links to Dalton Park the issue we were trying to resolve. Difficult one.

The 24 isn't really that well used from Dalton Park towards Durham, but is always quite busy heading towards Sunderland. I think it would be beneficial to re-route the X7 via Dalton Park, for a new link to Wingate, Stockton and Middlesbrough.
Tom
29 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm #760

(28 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm)CatsFast101 This dalton park argument always get me wondering. I think dalton park does need more transport links, but the X7 to serve dalton park would increase timings and possibly the PVR. It's a funny one a bus from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Wingate, Station Town to Dalton Park would be good but logistically I'm not sure. One thought crossed my mind as to how well used the X7 is on Teeside. Obviously could be difficult to market, but an hourly express from Station Town-Sunderland via Wingate, Peterlee, Dalton Park, Seaham, Grangetown sounds like a nice idea and that would probably give a PVR of 2. But then that's take away Teeside links to Dalton Park the issue we were trying to resolve. Difficult one.

The 24 isn't really that well used from Dalton Park towards Durham, but is always quite busy heading towards Sunderland. I think it would be beneficial to re-route the X7 via Dalton Park, for a new link to Wingate, Stockton and Middlesbrough.

Pages (40) Previous 137 38 39 40 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average