You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2013

RE: Go North East - Latest
which area of tyne and wear does the gne travel shop in Washington cover for timetables because im planning to go on u16 pop card which I didn't know coverd Washington and where would be the qickest way on gne buses on a sat before 2pm otherwise the travel shop will be shut
Against the Anti-Lee Club.
Site Administrator
(29 Sep 2013, 8:37 am)danpick wrote which area of tyne and wear does the gne travel shop in Washington cover for timetables because im planning to go on u16 pop card which I didn't know coverd Washington and where would be the qickest way on gne buses on a sat before 2pm otherwise the travel shop will be shut

The "POP" Card covers all of Tyne & Wear. It should also be noted that you can travel on the Metro, Ferry and Newcastle to Sunderland rail services with a POP Card, in addition to buses anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

I have attached two methods of travelling - one of which uses the Tyne & Wear Metro, and the other that uses GNE buses only, as per your request. The former allows for more flexiblity.
.png neb_danpick1.png

.png neb_danpick2.png
(29 Sep 2013, 8:44 am)Daniel wrote The "POP" Card covers all of Tyne & Wear. It should also be noted that you can travel on the Metro, Ferry and Newcastle to Sunderland rail services with a POP Card, in addition to buses anywhere in Tyne & Wear.

I have attached two methods of travelling - one of which uses the Tyne & Wear Metro, and the other that uses GNE buses only, as per your request. The former allows for more flexiblity.

Alternatively, you could get the 'Crusader' 27 from Jarrow to Heworth - this takes about 25 minutes and runs every 10/11 minutes during the day.

Then take the 'MetroLINK' M1 from Heworth to Washington Galleries - this takes about 20 minutes and runs every 10 minutes during the day.
That dark blue colour on the new M1 replacement buses looks interesting I wonder if we are going to see a return of the SDO brand that was once familiar on the Washington to Houghton route.
(29 Sep 2013, 12:17 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote That dark blue colour on the new M1 replacement buses looks interesting I wonder if we are going to see a return of the SDO brand that was once familiar on the Washington to Houghton route.

It's already being confirmed its gonna be - 4 Connections by Rob

Shame i really like the MetroLINK brand =(
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(29 Sep 2013, 12:24 pm)Michael wrote It's already being confirmed its gonna be - 4 Connections by Rob

Shame i really like the MetroLINK brand =(

"Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!
(29 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm)Daniel wrote "Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!

haha - its something around that lines Tongue

Gutted they have dropped the MetroLINK brand... least i can ride Ciatro's to college on a morning =D

My uni course has being moved from Sunderland Uni to Usworth College... due to lack of space at the Uni..
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Sep 2013, 12:26 pm)Daniel wrote "Connections 4" is what it will be named - I think it must have been a little typo by Rob!

Although it will be called "Connections 4", "4 Connections" sounds so much better. Here is hoping it isn't a Typo Error.
Still no info on changes for the M1 and they change less than a month, big changes to the service... including New Brand and Number, would of thought GNE would want to announce it least 6 before hand.

Alot of complaints and confused people... i'm glad i'm on this forum or i would of never known about the brand change or the M1 number change.

Hopefully details are out this week.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Sep 2013, 10:55 pm)CatsFast101 wrote This dalton park argument always get me wondering. I think dalton park does need more transport links, but the X7 to serve dalton park would increase timings and possibly the PVR. It's a funny one a bus from Middlesbrough, Stockton, Wingate, Station Town to Dalton Park would be good but logistically I'm not sure. One thought crossed my mind as to how well used the X7 is on Teeside. Obviously could be difficult to market, but an hourly express from Station Town-Sunderland via Wingate, Peterlee, Dalton Park, Seaham, Grangetown sounds like a nice idea and that would probably give a PVR of 2. But then that's take away Teeside links to Dalton Park the issue we were trying to resolve. Difficult one.

The 24 isn't really that well used from Dalton Park towards Durham, but is always quite busy heading towards Sunderland. I think it would be beneficial to re-route the X7 via Dalton Park, for a new link to Wingate, Stockton and Middlesbrough.
Site Administrator
(29 Sep 2013, 12:35 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote Although it will be called "Connections 4", "4 Connections" sounds so much better. Here is hoping it isn't a Typo Error.

I believe this is so Go North East can play on the connections service 4 will give, i.e:
"Connections 4 Newcastle on #RedArrowsX1"
"Connections 4 Houghton" etc.

(29 Sep 2013, 12:40 pm)Michael wrote Still no info on changes for the M1 and they change less than a month, big changes to the service... including New Brand and Number, would of thought GNE would want to announce it least 6 before hand.

Alot of complaints and confused people... i'm glad i'm on this forum or i would of never known about the brand change or the M1 number change.

Hopefully details are out this week.

Although the re-numbering and re-branding of a service is quite a big change, I personally think people will care more if a certain run they use regularly (perhaps to get to work or get back from work) will no longer exist from 20th October. They should be able to check this within a fortnight of the changes being announced, so I don't think it's so bad really. I do agree that I'd have expected details to be released by now, but I don't think it's complaint-worthy at this stage.
(29 Sep 2013, 12:48 pm)Daniel wrote I believe this is so Go North East can play on the connections service 4 will give, i.e:
"Connections 4 Newcastle on #RedArrowsX1"
"Connections 4 Houghton" etc.

Ahh yes I didn't think of that, thinking about it now I can see why they'd call it "Connections 4", Very Clever GNE.

Although the re-numbering and re-branding of a service is quite a big change, I personally think people will care more if a certain run they use regularly (perhaps to get to work or get back from work) will no longer exist from 20th October. They should be able to check this within a fortnight of the changes being announced, so I don't think it's so bad really. I do agree that I'd have expected details to be released by now, but I don't think it's complaint-worthy at this stage.

I think GNE will announce something this week to be fair as they'll also update Fleet Changes also, which should state the Arrival of the Citaros. So to me it makes sense to announce the changes now.
[/quote]

I meant after the the changes happen, you know what people are like for moaning, Least we know Trent won't complain.. haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Sep 2013, 12:59 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think GNE will announce something this week to be fair as they'll also update Fleet Changes also, which should state the Arrival of the Citaros. So to me it makes sense to announce the changes now.

That's true, hopefully they confirm the fleet number's.. or has that being confirmed on here?

Can't wait for them to be in service, Rob said it might take a few weeks before they out and about but since they come all in 1 week, they might be out abit earlier but don't think they will be.

Gonna be surprising how many buses we gonna loose by start of January 2014 - gonna be nice not getting on a Plaxton Prestige to Beamish or a SPD covering for a Scania etc

Any more of the MetroLink's went Northern?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Sep 2013, 12:48 pm)Daniel wrote Although the re-numbering and re-branding of a service is quite a big change, I personally think people will care more if a certain run they use regularly (perhaps to get to work or get back from work) will no longer exist from 20th October. They should be able to check this within a fortnight of the changes being announced, so I don't think it's so bad really. I do agree that I'd have expected details to be released by now, but I don't think it's complaint-worthy at this stage.

I do not think there is any changes to the current M1 timetable at all - just a different number and a different coloured bus
Site Administrator
(29 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm)citaro5284 wrote I do not think there is any changes to the current M1 timetable at all - just a different number and a different coloured bus

Even better! Tongue
(29 Sep 2013, 1:48 pm)citaro5284 wrote I do not think there is any changes to the current M1 timetable at all - just a different number and a different coloured bus

Correct-a-mundo ! There aren't any timetable changes, just a brand new bus in a different colour and a different number. I'd expect something to appear this week to start to spread the word.
(28 Sep 2013, 9:04 pm)BJ10VUS wrote Ah right, thanks for clearing that up. They must have been broken for quite a while!

Indeed, they have been and a repair has been anticipated for equally as long !
Hi all,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post on here. I can confirm that there will be no changes to the route or timetable for new service Connections 4. I saw a sign announcing on a Washington MPD yesterday when I was on the M3. I am aware that services M2/3 and W5/W6 are also to receive different buses but does anyone know if there will be any changes to these routes and timetables? Thanks.
Marxista Fozzski
Re: RE: Go North East - Latest
(29 Sep 2013, 12:45 pm)W179SCU wrote The 24 isn't really that well used from Dalton Park towards Durham, but is always quite busy heading towards Sunderland. I think it would be beneficial to re-route the X7 via Dalton Park, for a new link to Wingate, Stockton and Middlesbrough.

Agreed, Dalton Park to Durham is not well used, it is not too bad between DP and Peterlee, but it is like the magical mystery tour to Durham...

If the X7 was ever re-routed into Dalton Park, would it actually be better for it to be re-routed away from Seaham coming towards DP from the Mill Inn and Mallard?
(29 Sep 2013, 11:28 pm)Washingtonian wrote Hi all,

I'm new to the group and this is my first post on here. I can confirm that there will be no changes to the route or timetable for new service Connections 4. I saw a sign announcing on a Washington MPD yesterday when I was on the M3. I am aware that services M2/3 and W5/W6 are also to receive different buses but does anyone know if there will be any changes to these routes and timetables? Thanks.

Don't think so nothing has being on VOSA yet for the M2/M3 - new buses and a new Washington Street Shuttle brand - think that's all its getting atm

Can't to see the Versa in Silver (if thy going silver)
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(29 Sep 2013, 11:28 pm)Washingtonian wrote Hi all,

So still no evening service beyond Fatfield - not good
Site Administrator
(30 Sep 2013, 10:50 am)Michael wrote Fleet update... new ciatro's... 5358-5368

I will update our fleet list this evening to add the new Mercs. Smile
(30 Sep 2013, 6:32 am)Michael wrote Don't think so nothing has being on VOSA yet for the M2/M3 - new buses and a new Washington Street Shuttle brand - think that's all its getting atm

Can't to see the Versa in Silver (if thy going silver)

It had been said that W5/W6 will be removed from WSS brand and will receive the already northern MPDs instead. Service only has a PVR of 4 I believe.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(30 Sep 2013, 11:53 am)Daniel wrote I will update our fleet list this evening to add the new Mercs. Smile

In Order in case you get confused as on Simplygo.com it has 5358 - 5368 then all the reg plates seperate.

5358 - BX63 BCK
5359 - BX63 BCO
5360 - BX63 BCU
5361 - BX63 BCV
5362 - BX63 BCY
5363 - BX63 BCZ
5364 - BX63 BDE
5365 - BX63 BDF
5366 - BX63 BDO
5367 - BX63 BDU
5368 - BX63 BDV
Site Administrator
(30 Sep 2013, 12:51 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote In Order in case you get confused as on Simplygo.com it has 5358 - 5368 then all the reg plates seperate.

5358 - BX63 BCK
5359 - BX63 BCO
5360 - BX63 BCU
5361 - BX63 BCV
5362 - BX63 BCY
5363 - BX63 BCZ
5364 - BX63 BDE
5365 - BX63 BDF
5366 - BX63 BDO
5367 - BX63 BDU
5368 - BX63 BDV

Thanks. I did think they'd be arranged alphabetically, unlike what was speculated.
(30 Sep 2013, 12:53 pm)Daniel wrote Thanks. I did think they'd be arranged alphabetically, unlike what was speculated.

It would daft and confusing not to have them arranged alphabetically anyway.
Citaro bendy broken down in gateshead interchange...5341

Incidentally..what is going to happen to all the artics off the 58 when the new versas are received. Are they going to be scrapped or utilised elsewhere...and will this have any effect on the x66 bendies?