Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average

Pages (27) Previous 121 22 2327 Next
18 Jun 2016, 11:30 am #421
Not out, gone past Stanley Depot and it's sitting in there again...
Jackamcardle
18 Jun 2016, 11:30 am #421

Not out, gone past Stanley Depot and it's sitting in there again...

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm #422
(18 Jun 2016, 8:44 am)palatine3833 I would question that, since they are judging their passenger numbers on the ticket machine data.  This works but only to a certain extent.  If 30 people board at Blackhall Mill, but only 2 of them buy single/returns to the Business Park and the other 28 have passes, what method do GNE (or any other company for that matter) have of determining when they alight the bus?  Or do they just assume they all went to Newcastle?

Feel free to question it - but how do you know that Go North East are measuring passenger numbers between two locations on ticket machine data alone?

The news page refers to the real-time information system fitted to each bus which has allowed the company to build more realistic and achievable timetables - but I see no mention of how the company gathered their information regarding passenger numbers.

For all you or I know, Go North East could have allocated a resource to stand at Newcastle Business Park to record how many people were alighting at these stops. If this was done over a few days/weeks, the company could get an average figure for how many passengers are alighting at Newcastle Business Park over the course of the day. I am not suggesting that this has been done, but it is a possibility, and a way in which the 28 passes could have been captured.
Dan
18 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm #422

(18 Jun 2016, 8:44 am)palatine3833 I would question that, since they are judging their passenger numbers on the ticket machine data.  This works but only to a certain extent.  If 30 people board at Blackhall Mill, but only 2 of them buy single/returns to the Business Park and the other 28 have passes, what method do GNE (or any other company for that matter) have of determining when they alight the bus?  Or do they just assume they all went to Newcastle?

Feel free to question it - but how do you know that Go North East are measuring passenger numbers between two locations on ticket machine data alone?

The news page refers to the real-time information system fitted to each bus which has allowed the company to build more realistic and achievable timetables - but I see no mention of how the company gathered their information regarding passenger numbers.

For all you or I know, Go North East could have allocated a resource to stand at Newcastle Business Park to record how many people were alighting at these stops. If this was done over a few days/weeks, the company could get an average figure for how many passengers are alighting at Newcastle Business Park over the course of the day. I am not suggesting that this has been done, but it is a possibility, and a way in which the 28 passes could have been captured.

JP6004

18 Jun 2016, 1:20 pm #423
(18 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm)Dan Feel free to question it - but how do you know that Go North East are measuring passenger numbers between two locations on ticket machine data alone?

They could also use the key cards to show travel patterns...
Say someone gets on at blackhall mill and only travels to Blaydon and gets 49 to winlaton. GNE would be able to see that they got off at Blaydon based on the fact they scanned their pass on the 49 at Blaydon.
Based on this method they would be able to determine who gets on at Blackhall Mill and who gets off at the Business Park by seeing who re-scans their pass from the same point going back toward BHM
Edited 18 Jun 2016, 1:21 pm by JP6004.
JP6004
18 Jun 2016, 1:20 pm #423

(18 Jun 2016, 12:54 pm)Dan Feel free to question it - but how do you know that Go North East are measuring passenger numbers between two locations on ticket machine data alone?

They could also use the key cards to show travel patterns...
Say someone gets on at blackhall mill and only travels to Blaydon and gets 49 to winlaton. GNE would be able to see that they got off at Blaydon based on the fact they scanned their pass on the 49 at Blaydon.
Based on this method they would be able to determine who gets on at Blackhall Mill and who gets off at the Business Park by seeing who re-scans their pass from the same point going back toward BHM

Dan

Site Administrator

18 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm #424
(18 Jun 2016, 1:20 pm)JP6004 They could also use the key cards to show travel patterns...

Edit: Same goes for day and week paper tickets

Yep - you've hit the nail on the head!

I am sure Go North East would not put a precise figure out on the public domain if it was not correct.
Dan
18 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm #424

(18 Jun 2016, 1:20 pm)JP6004 They could also use the key cards to show travel patterns...

Edit: Same goes for day and week paper tickets

Yep - you've hit the nail on the head!

I am sure Go North East would not put a precise figure out on the public domain if it was not correct.

JP6004

18 Jun 2016, 1:32 pm #425
(18 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm)Dan Yep - you've hit the nail on the head!

Exactly. Yes the 11 might be packed and 20 people get off at the Business Park. But tthe majority of them might get on at Blaydon because it comes before the 12...
JP6004
18 Jun 2016, 1:32 pm #425

(18 Jun 2016, 1:22 pm)Dan Yep - you've hit the nail on the head!

Exactly. Yes the 11 might be packed and 20 people get off at the Business Park. But tthe majority of them might get on at Blaydon because it comes before the 12...

V514DFT

18 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm #426
I went to Blaydon back in 2014,and when the 11/11A went past they were both empty,weather i just caught it on a 'off' day i dont know,but it was late afternoon and completely empty of passengers,im not from that area so dunno what the 11 is like,but i opted for a 10 to Newcastle in the end
V514DFT
18 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm #426

I went to Blaydon back in 2014,and when the 11/11A went past they were both empty,weather i just caught it on a 'off' day i dont know,but it was late afternoon and completely empty of passengers,im not from that area so dunno what the 11 is like,but i opted for a 10 to Newcastle in the end

Michael

18 Jun 2016, 5:49 pm #427
Just seen a Indigo solo on the 265 heading towards the big tesco at Durham, the destination only had the number on as for the destination you can't read it.

Was in car so didn't the the number of the Solo.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Jun 2016, 5:49 pm #427

Just seen a Indigo solo on the 265 heading towards the big tesco at Durham, the destination only had the number on as for the destination you can't read it.

Was in car so didn't the the number of the Solo.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

John_R

18 Jun 2016, 6:15 pm #428
7112 has just left Darlington working the "Kynren Press Trip"
John_R
18 Jun 2016, 6:15 pm #428

7112 has just left Darlington working the "Kynren Press Trip"

Ambassador

18 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm #429
Didn't GNE say on Facebook the decision was made based on ticket machines?

Now that of course could be a over enthusiastic GNE Facebook employee

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
18 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm #429

Didn't GNE say on Facebook the decision was made based on ticket machines?

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

citaro5284

18 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm #430
(18 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm)Ambassador Didn't GNE say on Facebook the decision was made based on ticket machines?

Well, AVL is operated through the ticket machines and people scan their cards on the ticket machines, so aye probably right.
citaro5284
18 Jun 2016, 7:34 pm #430

(18 Jun 2016, 7:12 pm)Ambassador Didn't GNE say on Facebook the decision was made based on ticket machines?

Well, AVL is operated through the ticket machines and people scan their cards on the ticket machines, so aye probably right.

Michael

19 Jun 2016, 9:39 am #431
How long will 5170 be at Washington for?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Jun 2016, 9:39 am #431

How long will 5170 be at Washington for?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

19 Jun 2016, 1:24 pm #432
Currently on 5327 and it seems to be having a few problems, it came past Park Lane and wasn't getting any power then decided to stop completely so the driver had to re-set the bus.

Seems to be ok now for the time-being.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Jun 2016, 1:24 pm #432

Currently on 5327 and it seems to be having a few problems, it came past Park Lane and wasn't getting any power then decided to stop completely so the driver had to re-set the bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Ryan99

19 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm #433
(19 Jun 2016, 1:24 pm)Michael Currently on 5327 and it seems to be having a few problems, it came past Park Lane and wasn't getting any power then decided to stop completely so the driver had to re-set the bus.

Try going on 5302 it's #broken
Ryan99
19 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm #433

(19 Jun 2016, 1:24 pm)Michael Currently on 5327 and it seems to be having a few problems, it came past Park Lane and wasn't getting any power then decided to stop completely so the driver had to re-set the bus.

Try going on 5302 it's #broken

19 Jun 2016, 5:10 pm #434
(19 Jun 2016, 2:21 pm)Ryan99 Try going on 5302 it's #broken

True fact!!
EL1TE
19 Jun 2016, 5:10 pm #434

True fact!!

Ryan99

19 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm #435
(19 Jun 2016, 5:10 pm)EL1TE True fact!!

It's horrid
Ryan99
19 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm #435

It's horrid

Adrian

19 Jun 2016, 5:48 pm #436
(19 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm)Ryan99 It's horrid

Sorry - I'm lost? Is there something newsworthy to add here, or would you at least enlighten the rest of the forum what the issue is?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
19 Jun 2016, 5:48 pm #436

(19 Jun 2016, 5:36 pm)Ryan99 It's horrid

Sorry - I'm lost? Is there something newsworthy to add here, or would you at least enlighten the rest of the forum what the issue is?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

BusLoverMum

19 Jun 2016, 6:23 pm #437
Isn't 5302 the See It Do it with the bells that don't work?
BusLoverMum
19 Jun 2016, 6:23 pm #437

Isn't 5302 the See It Do it with the bells that don't work?

19 Jun 2016, 7:27 pm #438
I've been down to Port of Tyne at Royal Quays this afternoon to see the Disney Magic cruise ship again for its second visit here to the North East.\

Whilst there we noticed various coaches bringing guests back to the ship from their day trips away exploring the North East. However where we were and where the coaches were coming in, I wasn't able to get any photos.

Anyway I did notice GNE were doing a shuttle bus, the one I saw was a corporate liveried Solar. Again it was bringing guests right into the docking area of the Disney Magic.

Does anyone know where these GNE shuttles were taking guests to and from, I know the various coaches that were there were taking people to places such as, Alnwick Castle, Beamish Museum, Roman Wall and York.

Anyone else been down there today?

thetravelman
19 Jun 2016, 7:27 pm #438

I've been down to Port of Tyne at Royal Quays this afternoon to see the Disney Magic cruise ship again for its second visit here to the North East.\

Whilst there we noticed various coaches bringing guests back to the ship from their day trips away exploring the North East. However where we were and where the coaches were coming in, I wasn't able to get any photos.

Anyway I did notice GNE were doing a shuttle bus, the one I saw was a corporate liveried Solar. Again it was bringing guests right into the docking area of the Disney Magic.

Does anyone know where these GNE shuttles were taking guests to and from, I know the various coaches that were there were taking people to places such as, Alnwick Castle, Beamish Museum, Roman Wall and York.

19 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm #439
(19 Jun 2016, 7:27 pm)thetravelman

There was 13 coaches at beamish today

Best bus ever
biglugs@yahoo.com
19 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm #439

(19 Jun 2016, 7:27 pm)thetravelman

There was 13 coaches at beamish today

Best bus ever

United FLF

Unregistered

20 Jun 2016, 5:58 am #440
(19 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com There was 13 coaches at beamish today

The Port of Tyne run a shuttle between the cruise terminal and Tynemouth Metro for passengers who wish to explore on their own.  When the Holland America cruise ship was here a few weeks ago, Go North East were operating 4 vehicles (Volvos and Scanias) on the service.
United FLF
20 Jun 2016, 5:58 am #440

(19 Jun 2016, 7:32 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com There was 13 coaches at beamish today

The Port of Tyne run a shuttle between the cruise terminal and Tynemouth Metro for passengers who wish to explore on their own.  When the Holland America cruise ship was here a few weeks ago, Go North East were operating 4 vehicles (Volvos and Scanias) on the service.

Pages (27) Previous 121 22 2327 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average