You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

North West Bus Operations

RE: North West Bus Operations
(22 Feb 2016, 5:44 pm)James101 wrote It's peculiar that it's being trialled on route 5. The recent upgrade of this service to Citaro operation would suggest it's the route least most in line for new vehicles.

The 5 will be one of the more popular and therefore profitable services that Blackpool Transport run to justify Brand New Citaros to a Platinum spec.
I believe Trialling them on more popular routes can be easier to get feedback from customers on the Vehicle.

Though it doesn't mean the 5 will get new vehicles in the coming months or even years.
(22 Feb 2016, 5:44 pm)James101 wrote It's peculiar that it's being trialled on route 5. The recent upgrade of this service to Citaro operation would suggest it's the route least most in line for new vehicles.

Comparison? Look at 9119 being trialled on the Cobalt Clipper services, wasn't necessarily a trial for new vehicles.

It is quite councidental that Trent Barton trialled the vehicle on their Rainbow One service which had just been upgraded to Versas the previous year.
I find it odd as well, especially as it won't have the additional features of the Palladium Citaro's.

The Volvo B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's are being refurbished to Palladium speciation and will be allocated to service 7.

A number of service changes are taking place in the Blackpool area at the start of April, many as a result of Lancashire County Council pulling most subsidised services with Stagecoach seemingly pulling all their services from the Fleetwood area as a result of these cuts.
(22 Feb 2016, 5:52 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I believe Trialling them on more popular routes can be easier to get feedback from customers on the Vehicle.

(22 Feb 2016, 5:53 pm)S813 FVK wrote Comparison? Look at 9119 being trialled on the Cobalt Clipper services, wasn't necessarily a trial for new vehicles.

It is quite councidental that Trent Barton trialled the vehicle on their Rainbow One service which had just been upgraded to Versas the previous year.

Both are valid points and obviously it makes sense to have as many passengers as possible sampling the bus and fuel consumption will be roughly the same on any urban route. I would have thought there are reasons to check the vehicle is suitable for a specific route due to issues such as tight maneuvers around estates and road layouts. IIRC it was only after Hartlepool's MANviros were delivered in 2008 it was found they didn't offer enough ground clearance to make it around the banked turning circle at Maritime Avenue without scraping the road. 

Similarly in Manchester the Metroshuttles 1 & 3 are Versa operated while 2 is Solo operated due to space restrictions on the 2's route at Oxford Road Station. A trial at some point must have been conducted to find this out.
(22 Feb 2016, 5:58 pm)Jimmi wrote The Volvo B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's are being refurbished to Palladium speciation and will be allocated to service 7.

A number of service changes are taking place in the Blackpool area at the start of April, many as a result of Lancashire County Council pulling most subsidised services with Stagecoach seemingly pulling all their services from the Fleetwood area as a result of these cuts.

From the photo's I've seen the Centros seem underwhelming compared to the striking Citaros. Still good to see investment, especially from a Municipal. I'm very interested to see the Enviro 400 citys once they arrive, possibly my favourite looking DD out there today. I'm planning an ambitious trip that would hopefully cover First Manchester's Busway Streedecks, Stagecoach Lancashire's Gold 125 Enviro 400s & Blackpool Transport's Envrio 400 Citys in one day!
(22 Feb 2016, 6:06 pm)James101 wrote From the photo's I've seen the Centros seem underwhelming compared to the striking Citaros. Still good to see investment, especially from a Municipal. I'm very interested to see the Enviro 400 citys once they arrive, possibly my favourite looking DD out there today. I'm planning an ambitious trip that would hopefully cover First Manchester's Busway Streedecks, Stagecoach Lancashire's Gold 125 Enviro 400s & Blackpool Transport's Envrio 400 Citys in one day!

It is good that they are pushing forward with Palladium, although I have to say I was a little underwhelmed by the Citaro's, seats weren't particularly comfortable, there was limited charging points available throughout the bus and at least when I sampled one the next stop announcements weren't in operation (think it has announcements).

Looking forward to the Enviro 400 City Bus entering service on the 9, hopefully they'll be in service when I head there in the summer.
Blackpool's Centros are a nice ride, so it's good to see them being put into this smart livery. Hopefully they gain white LED destinations too, because they really add the finishing touch to it.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
PC0002407/57 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Penrith and Windermere given service number 508 effective from 05-Mar-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
PC1033334/67 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Paradise Street and Kirkby Admin Gate given service number 892 effective from 24-Apr-2016. To amend Timetable.
PC1033334/374 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Speke, Morrisons
Finish Point: Seaforth, Liverpool Freeport
Via:
Service Number: 800
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-APR-2016
Other Details: One journey per day Monday to Friday
PC1033334/375 - GLENVALE TRANSPORT LTD T/A STAGECOACH MERSEYSIDE, GILMOSS DEPOT, EAST LANCASHIRE ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L11 0BB
Starting Point: Bootle Bus Station
Finish Point: Jaguar Factory, Speke
Via:
Service Number: 881
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 24-APR-2016
Other Details: One journey per day Monday to Friday

PC1038719/72 - REAYS COACHES LTD, STRAWBERRY FIELDS, SYKE PK, WIGTON, CA7 9NE
Starting Point: Skinburness, Cumbria
Finish Point: Workington Bus Station
Via: Silloth, Allonby, Maryport, Flimby, Siddick, Northside Asda
Service Number: 60
Service Type: Normal Stopping/Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 28-MAR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday including bank holidays, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Years Day.
big changes at First Greater Manchester this weekend   all the mercedes Benz at Bury  are been withdrawn  which has started one by one  also 40318 is at Ashton  with on hire sticker  as is 47471      40319 is withdrawn
(30 Mar 2016, 9:28 am)Mic wrote big changes at First Greater Manchester this weekend   all the mercedes Benz at Bury  are been withdrawn  which has started one by one  also 40318 is at Ashton  with on hire sticker  as is 47471      40319 is withdrawn

Are they being replaced by anything? Need to go on one of those Citaros, they look and sound amazing!
Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
the cirtros being replaced by B7 single decks and B9 double decks from other depots mainly Bolton

i get weekly reports and when get next will put transfers on here

Oldham have citros on 425 60241/43/45/50/56/77/79
(30 Mar 2016, 9:28 am)Mic wrote big changes at First Greater Manchester this weekend   all the mercedes Benz at Bury  are been withdrawn  which has started one by one  also 40318 is at Ashton  with on hire sticker  as is 47471      40319 is withdrawn

Not to mention First Vantage starts on Sunday.

May sample Vantage when I'm down in Manchester next weekend.
first Manchester 40318 has transffered to Tameside depot to replace 41785 which is withdrawn (unfit for service)
Theres been a lot of Fleet changes for First Manchester this month, couple of highlights being most Citaros at Bury are Withdrawn and we are down to just 4 Marshall Darts in Active Service, A full First Manchester Fleetlist is available on my Website with another updated Copy due on in a few days
Transdev Burnley

Following the extension of 'The Witch Way' X43 to Skipton to replace journeys on 'The Mainline', B7TL 2751-3 have been repainted into the latest version of 'The Witch Way' livery - these were of course new for the X43 back in 2005

[Image: 26702877872_9354bea5d4_c.jpg]Transdev Burnley & Pendle 2752 PJ05ZVY in Rawtenstall en route to Manchester with an X43 service. by Gobbiner, on Flickr
Blackpool Transport's First ADL E400City is seen on Delivery https://www.flickr.com/photos/45168281@N...ateposted/

These look to be conventional Diesel variants, Judging by the Rear Grill setups. So will be powered by the standard Cummins ISBe6.7.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
(23 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Blackpool Transport's First ADL E400City is seen on Delivery https://www.flickr.com/photos/45168281@N...ateposted/

These look to be conventional Diesel variants, Judging by the Rear Grill setups. So will be powered by the standard Cummins ISBe6.7.

You beat me to it! #401 SN16OVA was outside AD Falkirk yesterday evening if like me, your work internet doesn't allow access to view flickr Sad
a few citros still in service at Bury and Oldham 40322 now at Tameside depot 30964 and 30965 moved from TE to OM with 37462/63 going the other way loans continue from OM
(23 Jun 2016, 6:18 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Blackpool Transport's First ADL E400City is seen on Delivery https://www.flickr.com/photos/45168281@N...ateposted/

Due to enter service on Friday 22nd July with a launch event taking place on Thursday 14th July.
(10 Jul 2016, 10:35 am)S813 FVK wrote Due to enter service on Friday 22nd July with a launch event taking place on Thursday 14th July.
Yep, they are doing a 'driver of the year' competition today using 401 / SN16OVA: https://flic.kr/p/J3DN4q

More photos will be on my Flickr on Friday.
Blackpool's 'really good bus company' have another license revoke order on their hands... finally.

PC1067540 Standard International CATCH22BUS LTD

Public Inquiry (72875) held at The Royal Courts of Justice, Court 31 - West Green Building, The Strand, London, WC2A 2LL, on 7 November 2016 commenced at 10:30 (Previous Publication: (2731)) PC1067540 SI CATCH22BUS LTD Director(s) PHILIP HIGGS, DAVID HUGHES BRINWELL ROAD GARAGE, BLACKPOOL, FY4 4QU

S17 - Licence revoked with effect from 18 January 2017. S28 - Philip Higgs disqualified with effect from 18 January 2017 for a period of 12 months.

Publication: N&P North West of England(2734), Decisions taken at PI
Date: 23 Nov 2016

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Another surprise order for Arriva has now appeared in the form of a Brand New Volvo B5LH / Wright Eclipse Gemini 3 ( Restyle ) in Eco Green livery.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/81709772@N.../contacts/  Photo courtesy of Donrobni  

The batch is reportedly to be being spilt between Speke and Green Lane depots, For Services 79/79D at Speke and Services 14 and 18 at Green Lane.  
Info provided by the Mersyside Dennis Dart forum.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
First Manchester have announced that Bury and Dukinfield depots will close in April 2017. They claim services will not be affected but concede that 84 "non driving" jobs are at risk.