Menu

Pages (3)    1 2 3
Jimmi   31 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm
(31 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Well, I hope word gets around about the 216 because I passed it at gore hall, this afternoon, carrying fresh air.

Actually think they've missed a trick not running I to Sedgefield Sainsbury's.
I personally feel that they should have terminated at Hetton-le-Hole Interchange rather than Easington Lane just as I think there is slightly more stuff there than there is at Easington Lane plus there is more connecting bus services, would have only added another 5 minutes or so onto the journey time for each journey. Sedgefield Sainsburys would have also probably been better than Trimdon Village, especially as I think the biggest shops along the 216 route is some small looking Co-Op's.
Tom   31 Oct 2016, 5:47 pm
(31 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Well, I hope word gets around about the 216 because I passed it at gore hall, this afternoon, carrying fresh air.

Actually think they've missed a trick not running I to Sedgefield Sainsbury's.

What was operating it? A bluebird?
BusLoverMum   01 Nov 2016, 12:28 am
(31 Oct 2016, 5:43 pm)Jimmi wrote I personally feel that they should have terminated at Hetton-le-Hole Interchange rather than Easington Lane just as I think there is slightly more stuff there than there is at Easington Lane plus there is more connecting bus services, would have only added another 5 minutes or so onto the journey time for each journey. Sedgefield Sainsburys would have also probably been better than Trimdon Village, especially as I think the biggest shops along the 216 route is some small looking Co-Op's.
Yep - the coop is pretty much the terminus at that end
(31 Oct 2016, 5:47 pm)Tom wrote What was operating it? A bluebird?
I think so - one of the standard 58 reg DCC vehicles. (horrid looking mismatched seating)
Tom   01 Nov 2016, 7:55 am
(01 Nov 2016, 12:28 am)BusLoverMum wrote Yep - the coop is pretty much the terminus at that end
I think so - one of the standard 58 reg DCC vehicles. (horrid looking mismatched seating)

Ah right thanks Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   07 Nov 2016, 2:28 pm
(01 Nov 2016, 12:28 am)BusLoverMum wrote I think so - one of the standard 58 reg DCC vehicles. (horrid looking mismatched seating)

Just seen one of them on the 216 with paper "216" in the window on the 14:20 journey from Trimdon Village, nobody on it from there.
2bagstew   10 Nov 2016, 10:01 am
(19 Sep 2016, 2:42 pm)cbma06 wrote service 216 timetable is not yet available on the DCC website at present.

(07 Nov 2016, 2:28 pm)Jimmi wrote Just seen one of them on the 216 with paper "216" in the window on the 14:20 journey from Trimdon Village, nobody on it from there.

DCC should have put leaflets in the homes in the area where the 216 operates
BusLoverMum   10 Nov 2016, 2:21 pm
(07 Nov 2016, 2:28 pm)Jimmi wrote Just seen one of them on the 216 with paper "216" in the window on the 14:20 journey from Trimdon Village, nobody on it from there.

(10 Nov 2016, 10:01 am)2bagstew wrote DCC should have put leaflets in the homes in the area where the 216 operates
I hadn't done a school run, ye this week until this morning, when we unavoidably eneded up late, anyhow, so haven't seen it yet to see if there's any improvement on the zero uptake I saw, last week.

Won't help anyone that it runs at an 80 minute frequency in either direction so people can't plan to, say, be at the bus stop at 10 past, knowing that it will arrive in the nextv10 minutes.
Jimmi   10 Nov 2016, 2:49 pm
(10 Nov 2016, 2:21 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I hadn't done a school run, ye this week until this morning, when we unavoidably eneded up late, anyhow, so haven't seen it yet to see if there's any improvement on the zero uptake I saw, last week.

Won't help anyone that it runs at an 80 minute frequency in either direction so people can't plan to, say, be at the bus stop at 10 past, knowing that it will arrive in the nextv10 minutes.

It really is a rather faff of a timetable to work out, the half hour gap in service at lunchtimes only makes working it out even harder.

I personally feel the service would maybe do better if it ran every 2 hours and was extended to run between Sedgefield Sainsburys and Hetton-le-Hole Interchange.

The "buses" used on the service aren't exactly noticeable that they are operating a passenger service, apart from the paper 216 in the window, I would just assume that they are doing some form of non service work, I've done the same with the 82 between Bishop Auckland and Ramshaw.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   14 Nov 2016, 6:44 pm
Well, they appear to have given up using the DCC liveried minibus on the 216 and had a tiny little link 2 van out, today.

I give it until Christmas.
BusLoverMum   11 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm
My prediction was wrong ^^^

Just noticed that Millburngate is closed, this weekend, so that will affect all buses using those stops.
Jimmi   11 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm
(11 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm)BusLoverMum wrote My prediction was wrong ^^^
Yup, the 216 is indeed still running, think I saw it in Trimdon Village the other day, was one of the Bluebird things with no evidence to suggest it was operating the 216, not even a paper destination.
2bagstew   11 Oct 2017, 5:29 pm
(19 Sep 2016, 2:42 pm)cbma06 wrote service 216 timetable is not yet available on the DCC website at present.

(11 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm)Jimmi wrote Yup, the 216 is indeed still running, think I saw it in Trimdon Village the other day, was one of the Bluebird things with no evidence to suggest it was operating the 216, not even a paper destination.

DCC have said there are still plans to terminate the 216 at Sedgefield to give the driver a proper break, they are using the old social care blue bus as they more reliable than the link2 bus..
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   11 Oct 2017, 8:40 pm
(11 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm)Jimmi wrote Yup, the 216 is indeed still running, think I saw it in Trimdon Village the other day, was one of the Bluebird things with no evidence to suggest it was operating the 216, not even a paper destination.

There mustn't have been any money left in the budget for a fresh sheet of A4. they seem to rotate through all the vehicles in their fleet, including some of the link2 minibuses.

I saw someone actually catch it, the other week.

(11 Oct 2017, 5:29 pm)2bagstew wrote DCC have said there are still plans to terminate the 216 at Sedgefield to give the driver a proper break, they are using the old social care blue bus as they more reliable than the link2 bus..

Should have quoted you into my reply to Jimmi. They rotate through a different vehicle each week, both the link 2 and the ones in county colours. I suspect they must have fallen foul of the 20 day rule for working destinations by now. Should have been pedantic and kept a diary when I saw it daily on my school run! (no longer do that run - now do the supposed to be dead straightforward round trip, 2 buses each way, twice a day from Hull hell so only see the minibus if either I pop down to the post office or it does its thing of whizzing up the road to miss out a bit of the route!)
Jimmi   17 Oct 2017, 8:06 pm
(14 Nov 2016, 6:44 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Well, they appear to have given up using the DCC liveried minibus on the 216 and had a tiny little link 2 van out, today.

I give it until Christmas.

(11 Oct 2017, 1:39 pm)BusLoverMum wrote My prediction was wrong ^^^

Just noticed that Millburngate is closed, this weekend, so that will affect all buses using those stops.

216 is now registered as cancelled on VOSA from December 3rd 2017, so you were correct, just in the wrong year!  Big Grin

Think we jinxed this by saying that the service was still running the other day  Tongue
BusLoverMum   17 Oct 2017, 8:42 pm
(17 Oct 2017, 8:06 pm)Jimmi wrote 216 is now registered as cancelled on VOSA from December 3rd 2017, so you were correct, just in the wrong year!  Big Grin

Think we jinxed this by saying that the service was still running the other day  Tongue

Someone needs to volunteer as another passenger!
2bagstew   17 Oct 2017, 10:03 pm
Some much for the extension too Sedgefield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
James101   01 Nov 2018, 11:37 pm
http://www.durham.gov.uk/horden

A few more details on the proposed Horden Station, with construction due to start next year. Artistic mock-ups featuring a surprise entrance by First into then East Durham bus market.
S830OFT   02 Nov 2018, 9:35 am
(01 Nov 2018, 11:37 pm)James101 wrote http://www.durham.gov.uk/horden

A few more details on the proposed Horden Station, with construction due to start next year. Artistic mock-ups featuring a surprise entrance by First into then East Durham bus market.

I can't see First expanding from Yorkshire.

BusLoverMum   13 Dec 2018, 3:45 pm
I've seen a new 68 reg merc knocking around Durham, today. No idea when this was added to DCC's fleet.
GuyParkRoyal   14 Dec 2018, 4:40 pm
(13 Dec 2018, 3:45 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I've seen a new 68 reg merc knocking around Durham, today. No idea when this was added to DCC's fleet.

Also a new 68 reg Fiat.

[Image: 32442228918_99bb5b0d4d_z.jpg]Durham County Council SG68 XYM. by Guy Park-Royal, on Flickr
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   06 Feb 2019, 2:43 pm
Check out @DurhamCouncil’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/DurhamCouncil/status...91137?s=09

County Durham strategy outlined. Events planned

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
GuyParkRoyal   26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm
Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.
The contract is expected to start in February 2022 and operate until January 2029.
Storx   26 Nov 2021, 1:39 pm
(26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.
The contract is expected to start in February 2022 and operate until January 2029.

Seems an awful waste of money when transport around here is all supposed to be joined up thinking. Surely one website for the whole area ie Nexus since Northumberland already work with them would be more worthwhile.
streetdeckfan   26 Nov 2021, 1:59 pm
(26 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Durham County Council have issued an invitation to tender for the operation of an Interactive Public Transport Map. The map will take the form of a public facing website and provide graphical information on bus routes, timetables and fares. It will also cover cycle and walking routes as well as incorporating real-time and disruption information within County Durham and connecting routes in adjacent areas.

May I refer them to Google Maps. Which, I'm fairly sure, meets the criteria

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   15 Jul 2022, 7:10 pm
No service 104 for a while after Rural Link withdrew from the contract today, locals will need to use the Link2 scheme as an alternative.

Cllr Liz Maddison has sent this message regarding bus services.

I have just been advised by the DCC Passenger Transport Services Manager of the following cancellation of bus services between Newfield and Ramshaw.

"I am sorry to have to advise you that our contractor on local bus service 104 between Newfield and Ramshaw is surrendering the contract following the end of service today, Friday 15th July. The reason is the unprecedented critical shortage of drivers.

Driver shortage is unfortunately also the reason we have so far been unable to secure an alternative provider so regrettably there
there will be no service on this route from Saturday. Please be assured we are working on a variety of options but the break in service is, I am afraid, unavoidable and the short notice nature of the change (and our inability to cover) mean the information is not yet widely known in the community.

Monday to Friday passengers unable to travel by other means will be able to book the Link2 dial-a-ride service though please be aware this operates on a first come first served basis so there might not always be capacity at the desired time. Link2 can be booked by calling 03000 269999".
Jimmi   17 Jun 2023, 3:12 pm
More than 260 new spaces to be created at Durham City Park and Ride site
https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/29636/...-Ride-site

"We are extending our Sniperley site, located between the A691 and A167, in a move that will increase the total number of parking spaces to in excess of 580."

"The extension will create an additional 262 spaces including 29 disabled bays, 18 electric charging bays and four motorhome bays."
Andreos1   29 Feb 2024, 10:01 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c72g9lw5gw0o

I can't see the removal of this bridge doing anything to help traffic.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
BusLoverMum   29 Feb 2024, 4:48 pm
Or pedestrians. Crossing the roads around that roundabout is a nightmare.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pages (3)    1 2 3