Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 124 25 26150 Next
N1cholas

03 Mar 2019, 8:54 pm #481
(03 Mar 2019, 8:23 pm)Malarkey 35A - North Shields - Royal Quays - Jarrow - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-le-Hole - Low Moorsley

Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly on a Sunday replacing service 5.

Why stop there with the 35A how about - North Shields - Royal Quays - Jarrow - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-le-Hole - Low Moorsley - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington - Peterlee - Horden - Hartlepool - Non stop to Middlesbourgh  Big Grin (i am only kidding mind, it is long enough as it is at present) 
Edited 03 Mar 2019, 8:59 pm by N1cholas.
N1cholas
03 Mar 2019, 8:54 pm #481

(03 Mar 2019, 8:23 pm)Malarkey 35A - North Shields - Royal Quays - Jarrow - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-le-Hole - Low Moorsley

Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday, Hourly on a Sunday replacing service 5.

Why stop there with the 35A how about - North Shields - Royal Quays - Jarrow - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-le-Hole - Low Moorsley - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington - Peterlee - Horden - Hartlepool - Non stop to Middlesbourgh  Big Grin (i am only kidding mind, it is long enough as it is at present) 

Malarkey

03 Mar 2019, 9:09 pm #482
(03 Mar 2019, 8:54 pm)N1cholas Why stop there with the 35A how about - North Shields - Royal Quays - Jarrow - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-le-Hole - Low Moorsley - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington - Peterlee - Horden - Hartlepool - Non stop to Middlesbourgh  Big Grin

Because we don't need more passengers being hung by the monkey hangers on evening out in Hartlepool or coming back from Middlesbrough with the smog plague Tongue
Malarkey
03 Mar 2019, 9:09 pm #482

(03 Mar 2019, 8:54 pm)N1cholas Why stop there with the 35A how about - North Shields - Royal Quays - Jarrow - Hedworth - Fellgate - Boldon - Town End Farm - Castletown - Southwick - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Silksworth - East Herrington - Newbottle - Houghton-le-Spring - Hetton Downs - Hetton-le-Hole - Low Moorsley - Easington Lane - South Hetton - Easington - Peterlee - Horden - Hartlepool - Non stop to Middlesbourgh  Big Grin

Because we don't need more passengers being hung by the monkey hangers on evening out in Hartlepool or coming back from Middlesbrough with the smog plague Tongue

JM03

04 Mar 2019, 4:13 pm #483
(03 Mar 2019, 8:52 pm)Malarkey For it to work it would need an extra 20 minutes added to the timetable for going in and out of town and an extra vehicle added to the PVR and still have the 6 minutes spare for each round trip, 2 at Kibblesworth, 2 at Gateshead and 2 in town.
Combine with 33/A and do Fawdon extension all day. Replace SNE 35?
JM03
04 Mar 2019, 4:13 pm #483

(03 Mar 2019, 8:52 pm)Malarkey For it to work it would need an extra 20 minutes added to the timetable for going in and out of town and an extra vehicle added to the PVR and still have the 6 minutes spare for each round trip, 2 at Kibblesworth, 2 at Gateshead and 2 in town.
Combine with 33/A and do Fawdon extension all day. Replace SNE 35?

04 Mar 2019, 9:10 pm #484
Ahem 
(03 Mar 2019, 9:09 pm)Malarkey Because we don't need more passengers being hung by the monkey hangers on evening out in Hartlepool or coming back from Middlesbrough with the smog plague Tongue

Ahem
TyneWearTeesGNE
04 Mar 2019, 9:10 pm #484

Ahem 

(03 Mar 2019, 9:09 pm)Malarkey Because we don't need more passengers being hung by the monkey hangers on evening out in Hartlepool or coming back from Middlesbrough with the smog plague Tongue

Ahem

18 Mar 2019, 12:01 am #485
I'd like to see the 74 frequency increased to every two hours at least and the 74A re-introduced, Monday-Saturday.
OrangeArrow49
18 Mar 2019, 12:01 am #485

I'd like to see the 74 frequency increased to every two hours at least and the 74A re-introduced, Monday-Saturday.

S830OFT

19 Mar 2019, 8:13 am #486
5: Revised to operate between South Shields and Jarrow only.

83: Extended to Heworth replacing service 84.

84: Revised to operate into Wardley from Lingey Lane, then follow the A184 to Whitemare Pool. This service will then operate via Monkton/Hebburn/Jarrow to North Shields. This service will allow service 5 to be retained between South Shields and Jarrow only. This service will open up a range of new links including Washington to South/North Tyneside direct.

S830OFT
19 Mar 2019, 8:13 am #486

5: Revised to operate between South Shields and Jarrow only.

84: Revised to operate into Wardley from Lingey Lane, then follow the A184 to Whitemare Pool. This service will then operate via Monkton/Hebburn/Jarrow to North Shields. This service will allow service 5 to be retained between South Shields and Jarrow only. This service will open up a range of new links including Washington to South/North Tyneside direct.

L469 YVK

21 Mar 2019, 9:32 pm #487
All of the following to be branded as ToonXpress and based on Toon Link branding:

X38:
- Every 30 minutes
- Same stops as 308 to Norham Rd then non stop to Newcastle

X89:
- Every 60 mins
- Blyth - Plessey Rd - Newsham Black Diamond - Portland Wynd then non stop to Newcastle

X90:
- Every 60 mins
- Blyth - Newsham Shops - Newsham Black Diamond then non stop to Newcastle

X91:
- Every 30 mins
- Blyth - Isabella - Cowpen - Bebside - Shankhouse - High Pit - Annitsford Front St then non stop to Newcastle
L469 YVK
21 Mar 2019, 9:32 pm #487

All of the following to be branded as ToonXpress and based on Toon Link branding:

X38:
- Every 30 minutes
- Same stops as 308 to Norham Rd then non stop to Newcastle

X89:
- Every 60 mins
- Blyth - Plessey Rd - Newsham Black Diamond - Portland Wynd then non stop to Newcastle

X90:
- Every 60 mins
- Blyth - Newsham Shops - Newsham Black Diamond then non stop to Newcastle

X91:
- Every 30 mins
- Blyth - Isabella - Cowpen - Bebside - Shankhouse - High Pit - Annitsford Front St then non stop to Newcastle

xpm

21 Mar 2019, 10:49 pm #488
(18 Mar 2019, 12:01 am)OrangeArrow49 I'd like to see the 74 frequency increased to every two hours at least and the 74A re-introduced, Monday-Saturday.

There is nowhere near enough passenger numbers to justify it, and changing it to a 2 hourly service would increase the PVR from 1-2 as well, increasing costs even further.

The 74A on a Sunday was at best used by a few airport workers on the first trip, and literally a handful of others during the day
xpm
21 Mar 2019, 10:49 pm #488

(18 Mar 2019, 12:01 am)OrangeArrow49 I'd like to see the 74 frequency increased to every two hours at least and the 74A re-introduced, Monday-Saturday.

There is nowhere near enough passenger numbers to justify it, and changing it to a 2 hourly service would increase the PVR from 1-2 as well, increasing costs even further.

The 74A on a Sunday was at best used by a few airport workers on the first trip, and literally a handful of others during the day

26 Mar 2019, 4:59 pm #489
(21 Mar 2019, 10:49 pm)xpm There is nowhere near enough passenger numbers to justify it, and changing it to a 2 hourly service would increase the PVR from 1-2 as well, increasing costs even further.

I think passenger numbers would increase on the 74 if the service operated more frequently.  The X84/X85 operated Hexham to Newcastle and the X85 now goes to Newbrough and they have very healthy passenger numbers because it runs frequently and is an express service. I only use the 74 between Cowgate and Eldon Square and the bus is quite full on the first and second trips into Newcastle I use and good passenger numbers coming back. The service and the bus itself get positive feedback. 

I hope the 74 doesn't get withdrawn. Are there any plans for the service to be scrapped or for a timetable change?

Sundays usually have lower passenger numbers, so I am not surprised the 74A failed to succeed. I think a 74/75 should operate Monday-Saturday as the X84/X85 do, but run two-hourly. How is the service meant to gain popularity when it only runs four trips a day in each direction Monday to Friday? Saturdays are slightly better, with 6 trips each way, but passengers will stick with more frequent services. Why does the 74 exist if passenger numbers are so bad? The 74A serving the airport seems like a good link, now only the 42A goes to Newcastle Airport from Kingston Park.
OrangeArrow49
26 Mar 2019, 4:59 pm #489

(21 Mar 2019, 10:49 pm)xpm There is nowhere near enough passenger numbers to justify it, and changing it to a 2 hourly service would increase the PVR from 1-2 as well, increasing costs even further.

I think passenger numbers would increase on the 74 if the service operated more frequently.  The X84/X85 operated Hexham to Newcastle and the X85 now goes to Newbrough and they have very healthy passenger numbers because it runs frequently and is an express service. I only use the 74 between Cowgate and Eldon Square and the bus is quite full on the first and second trips into Newcastle I use and good passenger numbers coming back. The service and the bus itself get positive feedback. 

I hope the 74 doesn't get withdrawn. Are there any plans for the service to be scrapped or for a timetable change?

Sundays usually have lower passenger numbers, so I am not surprised the 74A failed to succeed. I think a 74/75 should operate Monday-Saturday as the X84/X85 do, but run two-hourly. How is the service meant to gain popularity when it only runs four trips a day in each direction Monday to Friday? Saturdays are slightly better, with 6 trips each way, but passengers will stick with more frequent services. Why does the 74 exist if passenger numbers are so bad? The 74A serving the airport seems like a good link, now only the 42A goes to Newcastle Airport from Kingston Park.

Malarkey

26 Mar 2019, 11:11 pm #490
40/41 - Wallsend - Station Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Silverlink - Cobalt - Northumberland Park - New York - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill - North Shields - Royal Quays - Percy Main - Howden - Rosehill - Wallsend

Partial merging of service 40/41 with sections of the 19/42, this service will operate up to Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Every 30 Minutes on Sundays.

42 - Killingworth - Benton - Wiltshire Drive - Wallsend

This service will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

X19 - Ashington - Stakeford - Bedlington - Cramlington - Seaton Delaval - Holywell - Northumberland Park - Cobalt - Silverlink then Non Stop to Newcastle

This service will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

Q3 - Kingston Park - Newcastle Airport - Dinnington - Wideopen - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Haymarket - Grey Street - Quayside - Ouseburn - St Peter's Basin - Walker - Wallsend 

This service will partially merge with services 42/42A and will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

Q4 - Cramlington - Annitsford - Wideopen - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Haymarket - Grey Street - Quayside - Ouseburn - St Peter's Basin - Walker - Wallsend

This service will partially merge with services 42/42A and will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

Malarkey
26 Mar 2019, 11:11 pm #490

40/41 - Wallsend - Station Road - High Farm - Battle Hill Drive - Hadrian Park - Silverlink - Cobalt - Northumberland Park - New York - North Tyneside Hospital - Billy Mill - North Shields - Royal Quays - Percy Main - Howden - Rosehill - Wallsend

Partial merging of service 40/41 with sections of the 19/42, this service will operate up to Every 15 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Every 30 Minutes on Sundays.

42 - Killingworth - Benton - Wiltshire Drive - Wallsend

This service will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

X19 - Ashington - Stakeford - Bedlington - Cramlington - Seaton Delaval - Holywell - Northumberland Park - Cobalt - Silverlink then Non Stop to Newcastle

This service will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

Q3 - Kingston Park - Newcastle Airport - Dinnington - Wideopen - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Haymarket - Grey Street - Quayside - Ouseburn - St Peter's Basin - Walker - Wallsend 

This service will partially merge with services 42/42A and will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

Q4 - Cramlington - Annitsford - Wideopen - Great Park - Regent Centre - Gosforth - Haymarket - Grey Street - Quayside - Ouseburn - St Peter's Basin - Walker - Wallsend

This service will partially merge with services 42/42A and will operate up to Every 30 Minutes Monday to Saturday and Hourly on Sundays.

xpm

26 Mar 2019, 11:37 pm #491
(26 Mar 2019, 4:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 I think passenger numbers would increase on the 74 if the service operated more frequently.  The X84/X85 operated Hexham to Newcastle and the X85 now goes to Newbrough and they have very healthy passenger numbers because it runs frequently and is an express service. I only use the 74 between Cowgate and Eldon Square and the bus is quite full on the first and second trips into Newcastle I use and good passenger numbers coming back. The service and the bus itself get positive feedback. 

The 74 is subsided by NCC, because it is not commercially viable - as are most of the Tynedale Links runs.

There used to be an additional service in the morning that ran 9 o'clock-ish from Hexham - but it was withdrawn during the last tender award, because there weren't enough passengers to justify both a 9 and 10 o'clock service running - and NCC was under pressure to reduce bus service subsidies like many councils are.

The revised X85 service adds on what used to be part of the old Hexham Town Service (683 - subsidised) - and brought that part of the town service (IIRC) into commercial (under the X85).  The 683 service between Hexham and Newbrough used to be hourly too.  Users now get a much better deal, as before they would either need to buy a 3-zone buzzfare, or two separate returns to travel to newcastle and back.  Now the maximum return is £6.50.

The change to a two hourly service would require another vehicle, another driver, and therefore a significant increase in the subsidy NCC would have to pay GNE to provide such a service.  The route is long (fuel) and tough in terms of wear and tear on vehicles too.

The additional later services on a Saturday are also additionally subsidised by other local councils (these were withdrawn a year or two back for a short time, but were re-instated with the local council subsidies), but are still very poorly patronised - the 19.50 run for example can often run empty right through to Newcastle - or at best pick up less than 5 passengers.  

With the exception of the last bus back from town, the other journeys are usually similar, with the last trip picking up 10-15 people at most.

Equally with airport runs, most people are going to use a car or taxi, particularly if they are travelling as a family because quite honestly it's cheaper and more convenient - think how often you travel in core hours when flying - and what happens if your flight it delayed, not to mention the limited space for luggage on modern buses.

There's a difference between putting on extra services on a route, because as an enthusiast you think it is a good route and think people would like it, and putting on extra services because of passenger need, or potential.

Bus companies exist to make profit whilst providing a service, and subsidised services have to make some financial sense too - the last NCC consultation looked at the cost per head of providing the service, and where it was excessively high for the most part those services were cut, or revised (results were published on the NCC website at the time, but I couldn't find them when I had a look just earlier).  A significant proportion of passengers are concessionary travel pass holders which also does not generate as much revenue for the bus company as fare paying passengers.

From memory it was a five year contract last time it was awarded, which means it's still probably got a year or maybe two left to run before it's up for review again.
xpm
26 Mar 2019, 11:37 pm #491

(26 Mar 2019, 4:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 I think passenger numbers would increase on the 74 if the service operated more frequently.  The X84/X85 operated Hexham to Newcastle and the X85 now goes to Newbrough and they have very healthy passenger numbers because it runs frequently and is an express service. I only use the 74 between Cowgate and Eldon Square and the bus is quite full on the first and second trips into Newcastle I use and good passenger numbers coming back. The service and the bus itself get positive feedback. 

The 74 is subsided by NCC, because it is not commercially viable - as are most of the Tynedale Links runs.

There used to be an additional service in the morning that ran 9 o'clock-ish from Hexham - but it was withdrawn during the last tender award, because there weren't enough passengers to justify both a 9 and 10 o'clock service running - and NCC was under pressure to reduce bus service subsidies like many councils are.

The revised X85 service adds on what used to be part of the old Hexham Town Service (683 - subsidised) - and brought that part of the town service (IIRC) into commercial (under the X85).  The 683 service between Hexham and Newbrough used to be hourly too.  Users now get a much better deal, as before they would either need to buy a 3-zone buzzfare, or two separate returns to travel to newcastle and back.  Now the maximum return is £6.50.

The change to a two hourly service would require another vehicle, another driver, and therefore a significant increase in the subsidy NCC would have to pay GNE to provide such a service.  The route is long (fuel) and tough in terms of wear and tear on vehicles too.

The additional later services on a Saturday are also additionally subsidised by other local councils (these were withdrawn a year or two back for a short time, but were re-instated with the local council subsidies), but are still very poorly patronised - the 19.50 run for example can often run empty right through to Newcastle - or at best pick up less than 5 passengers.  

With the exception of the last bus back from town, the other journeys are usually similar, with the last trip picking up 10-15 people at most.

Equally with airport runs, most people are going to use a car or taxi, particularly if they are travelling as a family because quite honestly it's cheaper and more convenient - think how often you travel in core hours when flying - and what happens if your flight it delayed, not to mention the limited space for luggage on modern buses.

There's a difference between putting on extra services on a route, because as an enthusiast you think it is a good route and think people would like it, and putting on extra services because of passenger need, or potential.

Bus companies exist to make profit whilst providing a service, and subsidised services have to make some financial sense too - the last NCC consultation looked at the cost per head of providing the service, and where it was excessively high for the most part those services were cut, or revised (results were published on the NCC website at the time, but I couldn't find them when I had a look just earlier).  A significant proportion of passengers are concessionary travel pass holders which also does not generate as much revenue for the bus company as fare paying passengers.

From memory it was a five year contract last time it was awarded, which means it's still probably got a year or maybe two left to run before it's up for review again.

27 Mar 2019, 9:01 pm #492

74A ran because at the time there was no Stagecoach Sunday service to Ponteland and Darras Hall.
westy3738
27 Mar 2019, 9:01 pm #492

74A ran because at the time there was no Stagecoach Sunday service to Ponteland and Darras Hall.

27 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm #493
(27 Mar 2019, 9:01 pm)westy3738 74A ran because at the time there was no Stagecoach Sunday service to Ponteland and Darras Hall.

Stagecoach takes over everything. The 74 seems like a pointless service, other than being a GNE service.

When did Arriva operate the 74?
OrangeArrow49
27 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm #493

(27 Mar 2019, 9:01 pm)westy3738 74A ran because at the time there was no Stagecoach Sunday service to Ponteland and Darras Hall.

Stagecoach takes over everything. The 74 seems like a pointless service, other than being a GNE service.

Malarkey

27 Mar 2019, 9:24 pm #494
(27 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm)OrangeArrow49 Stagecoach takes over everything. The 74 seems like a pointless service, other than being a GNE service.

Prior to Go North East exchanging their operations at Ashington with Arriva who operated all Hexham based services in 2010.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...umbria.pdf
Malarkey
27 Mar 2019, 9:24 pm #494

(27 Mar 2019, 9:14 pm)OrangeArrow49 Stagecoach takes over everything. The 74 seems like a pointless service, other than being a GNE service.

Prior to Go North East exchanging their operations at Ashington with Arriva who operated all Hexham based services in 2010.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...umbria.pdf

xpm

29 Mar 2019, 7:21 pm #495

So on one post you're saying you want it to be more frequent, another whether it will have NSAs, and the next it's a pointless service - make your mind up man!
xpm
29 Mar 2019, 7:21 pm #495

So on one post you're saying you want it to be more frequent, another whether it will have NSAs, and the next it's a pointless service - make your mind up man!

29 Mar 2019, 8:40 pm #496
(29 Mar 2019, 7:21 pm)xpm So on one post you're saying you want it to be more frequent, another whether it will have NSAs, and the next it's a pointless service - make your mind up man!

I like the service and would like it to be more frequent and have NSAs. The service appears pointless to me because it runs infrequently and has low passenger numbers (so I am told). I only use the 74 because GNE runs it, with NSAs it would be even better. I like the buses, Solos and Citaros. A Citaro was on the 74 yesterday. Are there any plans for the 74 to get NSAs in the future?
OrangeArrow49
29 Mar 2019, 8:40 pm #496

(29 Mar 2019, 7:21 pm)xpm So on one post you're saying you want it to be more frequent, another whether it will have NSAs, and the next it's a pointless service - make your mind up man!

I like the service and would like it to be more frequent and have NSAs. The service appears pointless to me because it runs infrequently and has low passenger numbers (so I am told). I only use the 74 because GNE runs it, with NSAs it would be even better. I like the buses, Solos and Citaros. A Citaro was on the 74 yesterday. Are there any plans for the 74 to get NSAs in the future?

GNE6312

14 Apr 2019, 7:05 am #497
West boldon (rectory bank)
Boldon ASDA 
Boldon Cinema
Heworth interchange
Gateshead interchange
Bensham road
Teams (tyne road east, rose street & teams street)
Metrocentre

Every 30 mins

This service will be allocated any spare full size singledeckers on a monday to friday during term time however during weekends, school holidays (all week) and bank holidays this service will be allocated plaxton presidents and/or east lancs vykings

X65
Boldon ASDA 
Boldon Cinema
Non-stop
Gateshead interchange
Non-stop
Metro oasis
Metrocentre

Every 30 mins
This service will be allocated any spare full size singledeckers
GNE6312
14 Apr 2019, 7:05 am #497

Boldon ASDA 
Boldon Cinema
Heworth interchange
Gateshead interchange
Bensham road
Teams (tyne road east, rose street & teams street)
Metrocentre

Every 30 mins

This service will be allocated any spare full size singledeckers on a monday to friday during term time however during weekends, school holidays (all week) and bank holidays this service will be allocated plaxton presidents and/or east lancs vykings

X65
Boldon ASDA 
Boldon Cinema
Non-stop
Gateshead interchange
Non-stop
Metro oasis
Metrocentre

Every 30 mins
This service will be allocated any spare full size singledeckers

27 Apr 2019, 12:43 am #498
(19 Mar 2019, 8:13 am)S830OFT 5: Revised to operate between South Shields and Jarrow only.

My preference would be: 3 New routes to South Tyneside Hosptial, Ocean Beach and Metrocentre.

Also Higher Capacity, when Metros are off at every sort notice and no 900 or when everyone crams onto 27   

5: From Jarrow to Lukes Lane to replace The 9 & H1, giving hebburn more links to South Tyneside Hosptial

9: Replaced by 5, New H1 & 27M: The 9 Mercs to be kept same route from Murton to Jarrow and then to North Shields replacing 5, 

26/27 Route Alternated: Same Routes However to remove Tyne Bridge North End from 7pm Low/None usage and to run under Metro radio. Little Traffic after 7pm.

Replace/extended Market East/West to run to Eldon Square Bus Station via Blackett Street stopping at same stops as 21. On route back from Eldon Square to via John Dobson Street,returning back onto Market Street East and West to Shields. 

Both 26/27 to every 20 mins to allow DD on routes or Scaina Omnicitys to replace Mercs and for GNE to buy Euro 5 Omnicity DD and leave them Dual Doors for quicker loading times. Mixture of Single and DD bueses from same family.

Or New Order to replace Mers (instead of Omnictys) with E200MMC or E400 MMC 11.8mm All Electric Buses Zero Emissions. 

Also 26 To operate to Heworth till 9pm to also allow passengers to use as direct link for Hospital in case 5 is late. 

H1: In order to increase usage and demand, Route will be as follows (Hourly Service) expect Summer or Hot Weather

Mon to Sat: Every 30mins 8am to 6pm During Summer/Hot Weather

A: Lukes Lanes via Hebburn (where The 9 goes) to Jarrow Bus Station, Non stop to South Tyneside Hospital, Non Stop to Ocean Beach Pleasure Park, Ocean Road and then to New South Shields Transport Hub. 

Sunday All Year, Hourly 9am to 6pm

Vehicles are:

Introduction: Scania Omnicitys (Livery neededs to be simular to Big Days Out)

Hot Weather/ Summer, to replace Omnicitys with Open Topper or fully closed Enviro 400 (Custom Built or from London) or Plaxton President depending on Company refub with Wifi, USB Sockets.

or 

Scap H1 : replace with 27M as non stop hourly (New Service Route) from Metrocentre to South Shields Transport Hub via Gateshead Interchange also serving South Tyneside Hosptial and Ocean Beach Park and Ocean Road.

Plaxton President or E400MMC Electric buses. 

7am to 7pm

These vehicles will allow Mercs to replace older scania at Riverside or across all depots 

Tickets:

Ticket price (5/26/27/27M/New H1) £18 Weekly to be kept.Value for money. instead of now.
First Month reduced to £14

Day ticket (5/26/27/27M/New H1) which is needed at £5.50 Full Routes to and from Shields to Newcastle and 27M to Metrocentre (Without Changing at Gateshead to take pressure of X66 at times). This could allow H1 to increase demand usage.
Edited 27 Apr 2019, 1:01 am by Panasonic44.
Panasonic44
27 Apr 2019, 12:43 am #498

(19 Mar 2019, 8:13 am)S830OFT 5: Revised to operate between South Shields and Jarrow only.

My preference would be: 3 New routes to South Tyneside Hosptial, Ocean Beach and Metrocentre.

Also Higher Capacity, when Metros are off at every sort notice and no 900 or when everyone crams onto 27   

5: From Jarrow to Lukes Lane to replace The 9 & H1, giving hebburn more links to South Tyneside Hosptial

9: Replaced by 5, New H1 & 27M: The 9 Mercs to be kept same route from Murton to Jarrow and then to North Shields replacing 5, 

26/27 Route Alternated: Same Routes However to remove Tyne Bridge North End from 7pm Low/None usage and to run under Metro radio. Little Traffic after 7pm.

Replace/extended Market East/West to run to Eldon Square Bus Station via Blackett Street stopping at same stops as 21. On route back from Eldon Square to via John Dobson Street,returning back onto Market Street East and West to Shields. 

Both 26/27 to every 20 mins to allow DD on routes or Scaina Omnicitys to replace Mercs and for GNE to buy Euro 5 Omnicity DD and leave them Dual Doors for quicker loading times. Mixture of Single and DD bueses from same family.

Or New Order to replace Mers (instead of Omnictys) with E200MMC or E400 MMC 11.8mm All Electric Buses Zero Emissions. 

Also 26 To operate to Heworth till 9pm to also allow passengers to use as direct link for Hospital in case 5 is late. 

H1: In order to increase usage and demand, Route will be as follows (Hourly Service) expect Summer or Hot Weather

Mon to Sat: Every 30mins 8am to 6pm During Summer/Hot Weather

A: Lukes Lanes via Hebburn (where The 9 goes) to Jarrow Bus Station, Non stop to South Tyneside Hospital, Non Stop to Ocean Beach Pleasure Park, Ocean Road and then to New South Shields Transport Hub. 

Sunday All Year, Hourly 9am to 6pm

Vehicles are:

Introduction: Scania Omnicitys (Livery neededs to be simular to Big Days Out)

Hot Weather/ Summer, to replace Omnicitys with Open Topper or fully closed Enviro 400 (Custom Built or from London) or Plaxton President depending on Company refub with Wifi, USB Sockets.

or 

Scap H1 : replace with 27M as non stop hourly (New Service Route) from Metrocentre to South Shields Transport Hub via Gateshead Interchange also serving South Tyneside Hosptial and Ocean Beach Park and Ocean Road.

Plaxton President or E400MMC Electric buses. 

7am to 7pm

These vehicles will allow Mercs to replace older scania at Riverside or across all depots 

Tickets:

Ticket price (5/26/27/27M/New H1) £18 Weekly to be kept.Value for money. instead of now.
First Month reduced to £14

Day ticket (5/26/27/27M/New H1) which is needed at £5.50 Full Routes to and from Shields to Newcastle and 27M to Metrocentre (Without Changing at Gateshead to take pressure of X66 at times). This could allow H1 to increase demand usage.

N1cholas

27 Apr 2019, 10:06 am #499
To be honest i dont think go north east are that bothered by the H1 having such low usage due to the service being paid for by nexus, it only gets fare paying passengers on when the 9 is late from jarrow to lukes lane the rest of the time it is (very few) concessionary pass holders that use the service
N1cholas
27 Apr 2019, 10:06 am #499

To be honest i dont think go north east are that bothered by the H1 having such low usage due to the service being paid for by nexus, it only gets fare paying passengers on when the 9 is late from jarrow to lukes lane the rest of the time it is (very few) concessionary pass holders that use the service

L469 YVK

27 Apr 2019, 8:21 pm #500
Ideas for super fast express services from Blyth & Ashington. These would operate under the 'Toon Link' brand with a dark blue livery differentiating from the Stanley & Consett services.

X89 (Every 60 mins): Newbiggin Spital Road / B1334 - Newbiggin Cresswell Arms - Woodhorn Church - Wansbeck Hosp - Ashington - North Seaton then non stop to Newcastle

X90 (Every 60 mins): Blyth - Isabella - Cowpen - Bebside - Shankhouse - High Pit - Annitsford then non stop to Newcastle

X91 (Every 60 mins): Blyth - Newsham Shops - Newsham Black Diamond - Portland Wynd then non stop to Newcastle

X92 (Every 60 mins): Blyth - Newsham Black Diamond - East Cramlington then non stop to Newcastle

Notes:
- X91 & X92 would provide a combined 30 minute frequency on common sections of route.

- The big benefit with these services over Arriva is that they would be 'true' express routes and due to missing Gosforth out (unless operating via Gosforth non stop), a number of routes could be used in the event of congestion. Drivers would use the fastest possible route as instructed by control.

- Barras Bridge would be registered as a set down only point with St Mary's Place used as an an alternative.

PVR's & workings:
- X89 & X92 = PVR 4
*29 min layover in Blyth
Bly(X92): 00:38
Ncl(X92): 01:18
Ncl(X89): 01:25
Nbg(X89): 02:18
Nbg(X89): 02:24
Ncl(X89): 03:21
Ncl(X92): 03:30
Bly(X92): 04:09

- X90 & X91 = PVR 4
X91 to Newcastle / X90 to Blyth
Bly(X91): 00:08
Ncl(X91): 00:48
Ncl(X90): 01:00
Bly(X90): 02:01
|||||||||||||||
X90 to Newcastle / X91 to Blyth
Bly(X90): 00:52
Ncl(X90): 01:53
Ncl(X91): 02:00
Bly(X91): 02:39
L469 YVK
27 Apr 2019, 8:21 pm #500

Ideas for super fast express services from Blyth & Ashington. These would operate under the 'Toon Link' brand with a dark blue livery differentiating from the Stanley & Consett services.

X89 (Every 60 mins): Newbiggin Spital Road / B1334 - Newbiggin Cresswell Arms - Woodhorn Church - Wansbeck Hosp - Ashington - North Seaton then non stop to Newcastle

X90 (Every 60 mins): Blyth - Isabella - Cowpen - Bebside - Shankhouse - High Pit - Annitsford then non stop to Newcastle

X91 (Every 60 mins): Blyth - Newsham Shops - Newsham Black Diamond - Portland Wynd then non stop to Newcastle

X92 (Every 60 mins): Blyth - Newsham Black Diamond - East Cramlington then non stop to Newcastle

Notes:
- X91 & X92 would provide a combined 30 minute frequency on common sections of route.

- The big benefit with these services over Arriva is that they would be 'true' express routes and due to missing Gosforth out (unless operating via Gosforth non stop), a number of routes could be used in the event of congestion. Drivers would use the fastest possible route as instructed by control.

- Barras Bridge would be registered as a set down only point with St Mary's Place used as an an alternative.

PVR's & workings:
- X89 & X92 = PVR 4
*29 min layover in Blyth
Bly(X92): 00:38
Ncl(X92): 01:18
Ncl(X89): 01:25
Nbg(X89): 02:18
Nbg(X89): 02:24
Ncl(X89): 03:21
Ncl(X92): 03:30
Bly(X92): 04:09

- X90 & X91 = PVR 4