Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2019

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (21) Previous 111 12 1321 Next
19 Nov 2019, 1:12 am #221
(19 Nov 2019, 12:58 am)streetdeckfan They have a wheel of fortune with all the prizes on along with a forfeit, which is either sing the wheels on the bus, do 2 star jumps or tell the bus driver he's the best driver

I'm not complaining, free stuff is free stuff! I just wish it was a Network One Explorer rather than a GNE All Zone so I could make use of it.
I've got 3 months to use it anyway so I'm sure I'll find someone who wants to spend a whole day on the buses to get my moneys worth out of it!

Not bad! I am not a very lucky person unfortunately.

Don't think GNE will give away Network One tickets unfortunately!
Well you have found me! I love nothing more than riding around on GNE buses. As such, they really should give me free travel! Shame on you, Go North East!
OrangeArrow49
19 Nov 2019, 1:12 am #221

(19 Nov 2019, 12:58 am)streetdeckfan They have a wheel of fortune with all the prizes on along with a forfeit, which is either sing the wheels on the bus, do 2 star jumps or tell the bus driver he's the best driver

I'm not complaining, free stuff is free stuff! I just wish it was a Network One Explorer rather than a GNE All Zone so I could make use of it.
I've got 3 months to use it anyway so I'm sure I'll find someone who wants to spend a whole day on the buses to get my moneys worth out of it!

Not bad! I am not a very lucky person unfortunately.

Well you have found me! I love nothing more than riding around on GNE buses. As such, they really should give me free travel! Shame on you, Go North East!

19 Nov 2019, 1:28 am #222
(19 Nov 2019, 1:12 am)OrangeArrow49 Not bad! I am not a very lucky person unfortunately.

Maybe GNE need to improve their offerings in County Durham then, I feel physically sick when I have to give money to Arriva!

I pay £95 a month for the privileged of riding around on GNE buses, so you can bloody bet I spend as much time as physically possible on them!
The other day I spent over 7 hours on the bus, but it's normally only about 4 hours.

I dread to think how much time in the past year I've spent sitting on the X21!
streetdeckfan
19 Nov 2019, 1:28 am #222

(19 Nov 2019, 1:12 am)OrangeArrow49 Not bad! I am not a very lucky person unfortunately.

Maybe GNE need to improve their offerings in County Durham then, I feel physically sick when I have to give money to Arriva!

I pay £95 a month for the privileged of riding around on GNE buses, so you can bloody bet I spend as much time as physically possible on them!
The other day I spent over 7 hours on the bus, but it's normally only about 4 hours.

19 Nov 2019, 2:19 pm #223
(18 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm)Michael Another ADL Alexander Dennis Enviro 400MMC has turned up at SM, previously with Stagecoach Manchester retaining its BooBee livery promoting Breast Cancer Awareness.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/49...datetaken/

I wonder what it'll get allocated to, I'd guess probably the X1 as there's supposed to be an order in soon for new buses. I doubt it'd be allocated to the X9/X10 as MG has already confirmed on Twitter that there won't be any changes there any time soon
streetdeckfan
19 Nov 2019, 2:19 pm #223

(18 Nov 2019, 9:08 pm)Michael Another ADL Alexander Dennis Enviro 400MMC has turned up at SM, previously with Stagecoach Manchester retaining its BooBee livery promoting Breast Cancer Awareness.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bazza90/49...datetaken/

I wonder what it'll get allocated to, I'd guess probably the X1 as there's supposed to be an order in soon for new buses. I doubt it'd be allocated to the X9/X10 as MG has already confirmed on Twitter that there won't be any changes there any time soon

19 Nov 2019, 3:06 pm #224
(19 Nov 2019, 1:28 am)streetdeckfan Maybe GNE need to improve their offerings in County Durham then, I feel physically sick when I have to give money to Arriva!

Maybe they do. 

That's expensive. Definitely worth getting as much from it as you can.

So how does this wheel of fortune thing work, just one free spin and hope for the best? Free stuff is always good, but a free ticket would be most useful and much appreciated!
OrangeArrow49
19 Nov 2019, 3:06 pm #224

(19 Nov 2019, 1:28 am)streetdeckfan Maybe GNE need to improve their offerings in County Durham then, I feel physically sick when I have to give money to Arriva!

Maybe they do. 

So how does this wheel of fortune thing work, just one free spin and hope for the best? Free stuff is always good, but a free ticket would be most useful and much appreciated!

19 Nov 2019, 3:33 pm #225
(19 Nov 2019, 3:06 pm)OrangeArrow49 Maybe they do. 

Exactly that, you get one spin and whatever it lands on you win! The 28 day ticket is only on the board once, but the other tickets are on there quite a few times, even still quite a few people won the 28 day ticket
streetdeckfan
19 Nov 2019, 3:33 pm #225

(19 Nov 2019, 3:06 pm)OrangeArrow49 Maybe they do. 

Exactly that, you get one spin and whatever it lands on you win! The 28 day ticket is only on the board once, but the other tickets are on there quite a few times, even still quite a few people won the 28 day ticket

19 Nov 2019, 4:34 pm #226
[Image: 0c4004fe77ae1e2235331617fb5b072f.jpg]

Interesting photo on Facebook of the Versa that’s been in for a repaint. This is for the Beamish promotional livery.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
19 Nov 2019, 4:34 pm #226

[Image: 0c4004fe77ae1e2235331617fb5b072f.jpg]

Interesting photo on Facebook of the Versa that’s been in for a repaint. This is for the Beamish promotional livery.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm #227
(19 Nov 2019, 2:19 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder what it'll get allocated to, I'd guess probably the X1 as there's supposed to be an order in soon for new buses. I doubt it'd be allocated to the X9/X10 as MG has already confirmed on Twitter that there won't be any changes there any time soon
It will be allocated to the X9/X10.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Dan
19 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm #227

(19 Nov 2019, 2:19 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder what it'll get allocated to, I'd guess probably the X1 as there's supposed to be an order in soon for new buses. I doubt it'd be allocated to the X9/X10 as MG has already confirmed on Twitter that there won't be any changes there any time soon
It will be allocated to the X9/X10.

19 Nov 2019, 8:47 pm #228
(19 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm)Dan It will be allocated to the X9/X10.

Why would they get allocate a demo to a route that won't be getting new buses? Unless the B5s are that unreliable?
streetdeckfan
19 Nov 2019, 8:47 pm #228

(19 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm)Dan It will be allocated to the X9/X10.

Why would they get allocate a demo to a route that won't be getting new buses? Unless the B5s are that unreliable?

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Nov 2019, 8:50 pm #229
(19 Nov 2019, 8:47 pm)streetdeckfan Why would they get allocate a demo to a route that won't be getting new buses? Unless the B5s are that unreliable?

To evaluate suitability of that type for when the company does view to purchase new buses. This could happen next year, it could happen in three.

Time will tell, and I wouldn't rely on Martijn to put this information out publicly at such an early stage. It is commercially-sensitive information, after all. Easier to plead ignorance and suggest that there are no plans, until such a time it is appropriate to make an announcement.

Dan
19 Nov 2019, 8:50 pm #229

(19 Nov 2019, 8:47 pm)streetdeckfan Why would they get allocate a demo to a route that won't be getting new buses? Unless the B5s are that unreliable?

To evaluate suitability of that type for when the company does view to purchase new buses. This could happen next year, it could happen in three.

Time will tell, and I wouldn't rely on Martijn to put this information out publicly at such an early stage. It is commercially-sensitive information, after all. Easier to plead ignorance and suggest that there are no plans, until such a time it is appropriate to make an announcement.

19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm #230
(19 Nov 2019, 8:50 pm)Dan To evaluate suitability of that type for when the company does view to purchase new buses. This could happen next year, it could happen in three.

True! (so does that mean they are planning on changing them ?)

I mean the B5s are awful, they make Arriva's E400s feel quiet, refined and comfortable!
streetdeckfan
19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm #230

(19 Nov 2019, 8:50 pm)Dan To evaluate suitability of that type for when the company does view to purchase new buses. This could happen next year, it could happen in three.

True! (so does that mean they are planning on changing them ?)

I mean the B5s are awful, they make Arriva's E400s feel quiet, refined and comfortable!

Michael

19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm #231

Wonder how well it'll cope on the A19, how long is it here for?

(19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm)streetdeckfan True! (so does that mean they are planning on changing them ?)

Doubt it, its a common thing what GNE do, get new buses and then try other buses against them, same as the Streetlites for the 20, sure another demo bus went on the route so many weeks after all of them entered service.
Edited 19 Nov 2019, 9:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm #231

Wonder how well it'll cope on the A19, how long is it here for?

(19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm)streetdeckfan True! (so does that mean they are planning on changing them ?)

Doubt it, its a common thing what GNE do, get new buses and then try other buses against them, same as the Streetlites for the 20, sure another demo bus went on the route so many weeks after all of them entered service.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

19 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm #232
(19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm)Michael Wonder how well it'll cope on the A19, how long is it here for?

If it's anything like the E400s they've just got, I think it might struggle. They didn't seem to like the faster roads on the X30 route, felt about on par with the 16 plate Streetdecks at higher speeds (and by that I mean it felt like she was giving it all she had!). Although they are new so they could still be breaking in
streetdeckfan
19 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm #232

(19 Nov 2019, 9:02 pm)Michael Wonder how well it'll cope on the A19, how long is it here for?

If it's anything like the E400s they've just got, I think it might struggle. They didn't seem to like the faster roads on the X30 route, felt about on par with the 16 plate Streetdecks at higher speeds (and by that I mean it felt like she was giving it all she had!). Although they are new so they could still be breaking in

L469 YVK

19 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm #233
(19 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm)streetdeckfan If it's anything like the E400s they've just got, I think it might struggle. They didn't seem to like the faster roads on the X30 route, felt about on par with the 16 plate Streetdecks at higher speeds (and by that I mean it felt like she was giving it all she had!). Although they are new so they could still be breaking in
They could either be breaking in or you may have just experienced a more 'careful' driver.
L469 YVK
19 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm #233

(19 Nov 2019, 9:21 pm)streetdeckfan If it's anything like the E400s they've just got, I think it might struggle. They didn't seem to like the faster roads on the X30 route, felt about on par with the 16 plate Streetdecks at higher speeds (and by that I mean it felt like she was giving it all she had!). Although they are new so they could still be breaking in
They could either be breaking in or you may have just experienced a more 'careful' driver.

Andreos1

19 Nov 2019, 11:40 pm #234

With what seems like a never ending allocation of spares and random vehicles from Riverside to the X9/10, I wondered if they were just using the opportunity of having the demo, to ensure a decker was allocated to all the boards. 

I've no idea whether the missing B5's have anything to do with supply issues from Ballymena or another reason, but the timing of this demo couldn't be better!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
19 Nov 2019, 11:40 pm #234

With what seems like a never ending allocation of spares and random vehicles from Riverside to the X9/10, I wondered if they were just using the opportunity of having the demo, to ensure a decker was allocated to all the boards. 

I've no idea whether the missing B5's have anything to do with supply issues from Ballymena or another reason, but the timing of this demo couldn't be better!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

20 Nov 2019, 12:21 am #235
(19 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm)L469 YVK They could either be breaking in or you may have just experienced a more 'careful' driver.

I could hear the distinct sound of the engine crying "please slow down, I can't take much more of this!". A familiar sound to anyone who uses the X21!

(19 Nov 2019, 11:40 pm)Andreos1 With what seems like a never ending allocation of spares and random vehicles from Riverside to the X9/10, I wondered if they were just using the opportunity of having the demo, to ensure a decker was allocated to all the boards. 

The fact that 2 B5s are being transferred from EY could mean they don't see them being back on the road any time soon
streetdeckfan
20 Nov 2019, 12:21 am #235

(19 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm)L469 YVK They could either be breaking in or you may have just experienced a more 'careful' driver.

I could hear the distinct sound of the engine crying "please slow down, I can't take much more of this!". A familiar sound to anyone who uses the X21!

(19 Nov 2019, 11:40 pm)Andreos1 With what seems like a never ending allocation of spares and random vehicles from Riverside to the X9/10, I wondered if they were just using the opportunity of having the demo, to ensure a decker was allocated to all the boards. 

The fact that 2 B5s are being transferred from EY could mean they don't see them being back on the road any time soon

Jamie M

20 Nov 2019, 9:59 am #236

They're at Volvo, neither issue is down to wrightbus. 6314 in particular seems to have had the gremlins at work.

It's nature of the route that there's always one off, whether it be mechanical issues or simple repairs like windscreens being cracked by stones. I agree it's great timing and adds that comfort of having a decker, not being slammed for cramming 70 people into a merc.
Jamie M
20 Nov 2019, 9:59 am #236

They're at Volvo, neither issue is down to wrightbus. 6314 in particular seems to have had the gremlins at work.

It's nature of the route that there's always one off, whether it be mechanical issues or simple repairs like windscreens being cracked by stones. I agree it's great timing and adds that comfort of having a decker, not being slammed for cramming 70 people into a merc.

20 Nov 2019, 6:21 pm #237
(Freshly?) Repainted Solo 625 was at the Little Coaster event in Wallsend. Seems that the bus was left outside whilst the fun took place inside.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
20 Nov 2019, 6:21 pm #237

(Freshly?) Repainted Solo 625 was at the Little Coaster event in Wallsend. Seems that the bus was left outside whilst the fun took place inside.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

21 Nov 2019, 9:53 am #238
The ‘BooBee’ bus arrives in the North East to raise awareness of breast cancer

The bus will be operating across the region until 2 December, primarily running on Go North East’s high-profile X9 and X10 express services which serve Newcastle, Gateshead, Heworth, Dalton Park, Peterlee, Billingham, Norton, Stockton and Middlesbrough.

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/t...cer-387579
streetdeckfan
21 Nov 2019, 9:53 am #238

The ‘BooBee’ bus arrives in the North East to raise awareness of breast cancer

The bus will be operating across the region until 2 December, primarily running on Go North East’s high-profile X9 and X10 express services which serve Newcastle, Gateshead, Heworth, Dalton Park, Peterlee, Billingham, Norton, Stockton and Middlesbrough.

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/t...cer-387579

Venturego

21 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm #239
Labour's manifesto has been published. With regards to buses, Chris Mason (BBC political correspondent) has commented on their news website:
"Here's something from page 19: Nationalising bus services. The party promises that where councils take over running local buses, under-25s will travel for free:

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/

https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads...o-2019.pdf

Labour will ensure that councils can improve bus
services by regulating and taking public ownership
of bus networks, and we will give them resources
and full legal powers to achieve this cost-effectively,
thereby ending the race to the bottom in working
conditions for bus workers. Where councils take control
of their buses, Labour will introduce free bus travel for
under-25s. We will increase and expand local services,
TRANSPORT
20 IT’S TIME FOR REAL CHANGE
reinstating the 3,000 routes that have
been cut, particularly hitting rural
communities.
Venturego
21 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm #239

Labour's manifesto has been published. With regards to buses, Chris Mason (BBC political correspondent) has commented on their news website:
"Here's something from page 19: Nationalising bus services. The party promises that where councils take over running local buses, under-25s will travel for free:

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto/

https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads...o-2019.pdf

Labour will ensure that councils can improve bus
services by regulating and taking public ownership
of bus networks, and we will give them resources
and full legal powers to achieve this cost-effectively,
thereby ending the race to the bottom in working
conditions for bus workers. Where councils take control
of their buses, Labour will introduce free bus travel for
under-25s. We will increase and expand local services,
TRANSPORT
20 IT’S TIME FOR REAL CHANGE
reinstating the 3,000 routes that have
been cut, particularly hitting rural
communities.

21 Nov 2019, 2:23 pm #240
Went to the launch today at The Louisa Centre and wasn't bad , done the wheel of fortune and won a weeks free pass & my girlfriend also won a days pass so all being well today

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
ryan.c.lawrence.5
21 Nov 2019, 2:23 pm #240

Went to the launch today at The Louisa Centre and wasn't bad , done the wheel of fortune and won a weeks free pass & my girlfriend also won a days pass so all being well today

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Pages (21) Previous 111 12 1321 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average