Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

New StreetDecks - nine re-deployed within Go-Ahead Group prior to delivery

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (13) Previous 19 10 1113 Next
busmanT

05 Jul 2020, 1:21 pm #181
(05 Jul 2020, 12:22 pm)Michael Good idea but would GNE want to buy 2nd hand to then convert to 1 door (if on main services)- due to the crisis, would it be worth it? - although only 7 years old, good shout.. how much does it cost to convert to one door and then get them up to GNE standard, including the USB ports etc?
Least then, 3 of them could go on the X5/X15 for X-Lines + 1 spare.

Not sure where the rest would end up though, if they decided to take all 13.

The 3 Solar's in service at Deptford, are those temporarily in service?
Probably around £20k to £25k to convert to single doorway and bring up to GoNE standard - as the Go Ahead Group often have buses available for internal transfer, I'm not sure why they would consider getting them externally.
Overall "on the road" cost likely to be at least the same as the book value of a similarly aged vehicle in the fleet - the advantage with new buses is that you get a 2/3/4/5 year warranty, whereas with 7 year old ex London bus you get a vehicle that has units approaching the end of their useful life (buses used to slow moving traffic in London don't always perform well in the fast paced provinces).
busmanT
05 Jul 2020, 1:21 pm #181

(05 Jul 2020, 12:22 pm)Michael Good idea but would GNE want to buy 2nd hand to then convert to 1 door (if on main services)- due to the crisis, would it be worth it? - although only 7 years old, good shout.. how much does it cost to convert to one door and then get them up to GNE standard, including the USB ports etc?

Probably around £20k to £25k to convert to single doorway and bring up to GoNE standard - as the Go Ahead Group often have buses available for internal transfer, I'm not sure why they would consider getting them externally.
Overall "on the road" cost likely to be at least the same as the book value of a similarly aged vehicle in the fleet - the advantage with new buses is that you get a 2/3/4/5 year warranty, whereas with 7 year old ex London bus you get a vehicle that has units approaching the end of their useful life (buses used to slow moving traffic in London don't always perform well in the fast paced provinces).

Storx

05 Jul 2020, 1:42 pm #182
Or you could just not upgrade the X84 and X85 to DD and use the Streetlites or something else which there's loads spare atm and save some money by getting nothing when there's massive uncertainty...?

Apart from the X6, X7 and 61 there's no need for extra Streetlites at Deptford your just withdrawing Mercs for no reason since there's nowhere else for them to go. There's way more Streetlites going spare from the Red Kite, Saltwell Park and one from the X66 than needed there; they need a home somewhere.

X84 / X85 - PVR -5
X21 - PVR -4
(The cut in new buses...)

Also love the suggestion to buy ex London stock to replace ex London stock which are newer, seems a good idea to me...
Storx
05 Jul 2020, 1:42 pm #182

Or you could just not upgrade the X84 and X85 to DD and use the Streetlites or something else which there's loads spare atm and save some money by getting nothing when there's massive uncertainty...?

Apart from the X6, X7 and 61 there's no need for extra Streetlites at Deptford your just withdrawing Mercs for no reason since there's nowhere else for them to go. There's way more Streetlites going spare from the Red Kite, Saltwell Park and one from the X66 than needed there; they need a home somewhere.

X84 / X85 - PVR -5
X21 - PVR -4

Also love the suggestion to buy ex London stock to replace ex London stock which are newer, seems a good idea to me...

Michael

05 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm #183
(05 Jul 2020, 1:42 pm)Storx Or you could just not upgrade the X84 and X85 to DD and use the Streetlites or something else which there's loads spare atm and save some money by getting nothing when there's massive uncertainty...?

X84 / X85 - PVR -5
X21 - PVR -4

Remember the 60 will likely to go back up to every 10 minutes, the streetlites spare from the service atm will be required again on the 60.

What is actually allocated to the 61 on a Monday to Friday? (Haven't been that way for a while)

Also wasn't it said that 5481 - 5487 would be one of the first set of Citaro's withdrawnonce the new buses arrive?

(05 Jul 2020, 1:21 pm)busmanT Probably around £20k to £25k to convert to single doorway and bring up to GoNE standard - as the Go Ahead Group often have buses available for internal transfer, I'm not sure why they would consider getting them externally.

Ah right, cheaper than i thought tbh, so really it wouldn't worth it.
Edited 05 Jul 2020, 2:01 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm #183

(05 Jul 2020, 1:42 pm)Storx Or you could just not upgrade the X84 and X85 to DD and use the Streetlites or something else which there's loads spare atm and save some money by getting nothing when there's massive uncertainty...?

X84 / X85 - PVR -5
X21 - PVR -4

Remember the 60 will likely to go back up to every 10 minutes, the streetlites spare from the service atm will be required again on the 60.

What is actually allocated to the 61 on a Monday to Friday? (Haven't been that way for a while)

Also wasn't it said that 5481 - 5487 would be one of the first set of Citaro's withdrawnonce the new buses arrive?

(05 Jul 2020, 1:21 pm)busmanT Probably around £20k to £25k to convert to single doorway and bring up to GoNE standard - as the Go Ahead Group often have buses available for internal transfer, I'm not sure why they would consider getting them externally.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

05 Jul 2020, 2:54 pm #184
(05 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm)Michael Remember the 60 will likely to go back up to every 10 minutes, the streetlites spare from the service atm will be required again on the 60.

Yeah I know, but even once you've upgraded the 61 and X6/7 with the extra Streetlites there's still loads of them spare, I wouldn't surprise if some went to Riverside but then after that there should be enough spare for other routes where there's no realistically shouting out.

The Red Arrow B9TL's to Crusader will see off the Citaro's I would imagine though. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole Riverside Citaro fleet is gone by the end of year.

7x - 93/94 (Imagine there's a spare there for them)
17x - X1
10x - 53/54/X66

I believe the 93/94 is ran by Versa's so they could easily be the buses being refurbished and put on the 57 with their sisters on the 56.

There's the Mercedes gone if you choose the Streetlites for the 6 (maybe something better ie some Deckers somewhere).

That still leaves the 12 Streetlites to go somewhere - possibly more if you choose something else for the 6.

Only 7 are needed for the X6, X7 and 61 though and that's before any PVR decreases are accounted for in Sunderland so it could be less. The X84/X85 is the one standing out as the only other route that needs newer buses for the LEZ and has nothing accounted for it.

Just saying.
Storx
05 Jul 2020, 2:54 pm #184

(05 Jul 2020, 2:00 pm)Michael Remember the 60 will likely to go back up to every 10 minutes, the streetlites spare from the service atm will be required again on the 60.

Yeah I know, but even once you've upgraded the 61 and X6/7 with the extra Streetlites there's still loads of them spare, I wouldn't surprise if some went to Riverside but then after that there should be enough spare for other routes where there's no realistically shouting out.

The Red Arrow B9TL's to Crusader will see off the Citaro's I would imagine though. Wouldn't be surprised if the whole Riverside Citaro fleet is gone by the end of year.

17x - X1
10x - 53/54/X66

I believe the 93/94 is ran by Versa's so they could easily be the buses being refurbished and put on the 57 with their sisters on the 56.

There's the Mercedes gone if you choose the Streetlites for the 6 (maybe something better ie some Deckers somewhere).

That still leaves the 12 Streetlites to go somewhere - possibly more if you choose something else for the 6.

Only 7 are needed for the X6, X7 and 61 though and that's before any PVR decreases are accounted for in Sunderland so it could be less. The X84/X85 is the one standing out as the only other route that needs newer buses for the LEZ and has nothing accounted for it.

Just saying.

cbma06

05 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm #185

I would of thought that the x5/x15 stay the same at present, and get the cascades from the X9/x10 when new buses arrive for x9/x10( it was rumoured that the x9/x10 streetdecks would go on the x84/x85 but might be changed now)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
05 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm #185

I would of thought that the x5/x15 stay the same at present, and get the cascades from the X9/x10 when new buses arrive for x9/x10( it was rumoured that the x9/x10 streetdecks would go on the x84/x85 but might be changed now)?

05 Jul 2020, 4:00 pm #186
(05 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm)cbma06 I would of thought that the x5/x15 stay the same at present, and get the cascades from the X9/x10 when new buses arrive for x9/x10( it was rumoured that the x9/x10 streetdecks would go on the x84/x85 but might be changed now)?

X9/X10 are Volvo B5s

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
05 Jul 2020, 4:00 pm #186

(05 Jul 2020, 3:20 pm)cbma06 I would of thought that the x5/x15 stay the same at present, and get the cascades from the X9/x10 when new buses arrive for x9/x10( it was rumoured that the x9/x10 streetdecks would go on the x84/x85 but might be changed now)?

X9/X10 are Volvo B5s

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

05 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm #187
(05 Jul 2020, 2:54 pm)Storx Yeah I know, but even once you've upgraded the 61 and X6/7 with the extra Streetlites there's still loads of them spare, I wouldn't surprise if some went to Riverside but then after that there should be enough spare for other routes where there's no realistically shouting out.

17x - X1
10x - 53/54/X66

Just saying.

I'm fairly sure it's been mentioned by either Dan or MG that the plan is to get rid of the Citaros as soon as feasibly possible due to the high running costs.

As much as I like them (apart from the god awful seats), they don't really make sense on many routes, and if they ever got round to fixing the door on the Streetlites (like they've been saying they're going to do for years) they wouldn't be that bad of a replacement.
streetdeckfan
05 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm #187

(05 Jul 2020, 2:54 pm)Storx Yeah I know, but even once you've upgraded the 61 and X6/7 with the extra Streetlites there's still loads of them spare, I wouldn't surprise if some went to Riverside but then after that there should be enough spare for other routes where there's no realistically shouting out.

17x - X1
10x - 53/54/X66

Just saying.

I'm fairly sure it's been mentioned by either Dan or MG that the plan is to get rid of the Citaros as soon as feasibly possible due to the high running costs.

As much as I like them (apart from the god awful seats), they don't really make sense on many routes, and if they ever got round to fixing the door on the Streetlites (like they've been saying they're going to do for years) they wouldn't be that bad of a replacement.

Michael

05 Jul 2020, 4:18 pm #188

17x - X1
10x - 53/54/X66

Just saying.

I actually forgot that the X6/X7 don't have a proper allocation atm, not sure how busy the X6/X7 actually get, but do they require full sized single deckers? (i know longer buses are allocated for social distancing atm).
As the X6/X7 and 61 PVR combined is 8, giving Deptford 10 more Streetlites would give them an overall of 56 Streetlites with 7 Streetlites as spares.

I doubt the 56 will be dropped from double deckers to single deckers... and i hope to god, Deptford don't get Versa's again.... Tongue

(05 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm)streetdeckfan I'm fairly sure it's been mentioned by either Dan or MG that the plan is to get rid of the Citaros as soon as feasibly possible due to the high running costs.

I think it was mentioned but that was before the crisis, so no idea, if they'll be getting rid of them as quick as we before... we have no idea where the 2020/2021 financial year will be going for orders and even maybe refurbs.

Won't be long before well be guessing what will be order for that year! Tongue
Edited 05 Jul 2020, 4:21 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jul 2020, 4:18 pm #188

17x - X1
10x - 53/54/X66

Just saying.

I actually forgot that the X6/X7 don't have a proper allocation atm, not sure how busy the X6/X7 actually get, but do they require full sized single deckers? (i know longer buses are allocated for social distancing atm).
As the X6/X7 and 61 PVR combined is 8, giving Deptford 10 more Streetlites would give them an overall of 56 Streetlites with 7 Streetlites as spares.

I doubt the 56 will be dropped from double deckers to single deckers... and i hope to god, Deptford don't get Versa's again.... Tongue

(05 Jul 2020, 4:17 pm)streetdeckfan I'm fairly sure it's been mentioned by either Dan or MG that the plan is to get rid of the Citaros as soon as feasibly possible due to the high running costs.

I think it was mentioned but that was before the crisis, so no idea, if they'll be getting rid of them as quick as we before... we have no idea where the 2020/2021 financial year will be going for orders and even maybe refurbs.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

05 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm #189
(05 Jul 2020, 4:18 pm)Michael I actually forgot that the X6/X7 don't have a proper allocation atm, not sure how busy the X6/X7 actually get, but do they require full sized single deckers? (i know longer buses are allocated for social distancing atm).

Already started. June to June
JP6004
05 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm #189

(05 Jul 2020, 4:18 pm)Michael I actually forgot that the X6/X7 don't have a proper allocation atm, not sure how busy the X6/X7 actually get, but do they require full sized single deckers? (i know longer buses are allocated for social distancing atm).

Already started. June to June

Michael

05 Jul 2020, 4:34 pm #190
(05 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm)JP6004 Already started. June to June

Ye, personally i doubt orders have gone in due to the crisis and the role it actually played in the transport industry, (no profit and so on), the orders probables won't go in till next year, that's so Go Ahead can see the full impact of Covid.

I have a feeling we won't even see 30 new buses on order this year or even less - with them not arriving until late next year.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jul 2020, 4:34 pm #190

(05 Jul 2020, 4:26 pm)JP6004 Already started. June to June

Ye, personally i doubt orders have gone in due to the crisis and the role it actually played in the transport industry, (no profit and so on), the orders probables won't go in till next year, that's so Go Ahead can see the full impact of Covid.

I have a feeling we won't even see 30 new buses on order this year or even less - with them not arriving until late next year.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

05 Jul 2020, 4:38 pm #191
(05 Jul 2020, 4:34 pm)Michael Ye, personally i doubt orders have gone in due to the crisis and the role it actually played in the transport industry, (no profit and so on), the orders probables won't go in till next year, that's so Go Ahead can see the full impact of Covid.

Well no, if any orders are to be placed, it will be between june 2020 and june 2021. Still 11 months yet
JP6004
05 Jul 2020, 4:38 pm #191

(05 Jul 2020, 4:34 pm)Michael Ye, personally i doubt orders have gone in due to the crisis and the role it actually played in the transport industry, (no profit and so on), the orders probables won't go in till next year, that's so Go Ahead can see the full impact of Covid.

Well no, if any orders are to be placed, it will be between june 2020 and june 2021. Still 11 months yet

Malarkey

05 Jul 2020, 4:38 pm #192
Personally I would get rid of 8295 to 8309 before I would start getting rid of the Mercedes Citaros as that batch of Versas from what I remember of them being on the 2's/88's a few years ago they were poor in terms of reliability and always off the road for maintainence. Given they are 11 years old now they are nearly at life expectancy of a Midibus which is 12 Years anyway so not worth refurbishing for the sake of 12-24 months left in the fleet.
Malarkey
05 Jul 2020, 4:38 pm #192

Personally I would get rid of 8295 to 8309 before I would start getting rid of the Mercedes Citaros as that batch of Versas from what I remember of them being on the 2's/88's a few years ago they were poor in terms of reliability and always off the road for maintainence. Given they are 11 years old now they are nearly at life expectancy of a Midibus which is 12 Years anyway so not worth refurbishing for the sake of 12-24 months left in the fleet.

Michael

05 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm #193
(05 Jul 2020, 4:38 pm)Malarkey Personally I would get rid of 8295 to 8309 before I would start getting rid of the Mercedes Citaros as that batch of Versas from what I remember of them being on the 2's/88's a few years ago they were poor in terms of reliability and always off the road for maintainence. Given they are 11 years old now they are nearly at life expectancy of a Midibus which is 12 Years anyway so not worth refurbishing for the sake of 12-24 months left in the fleet.

I remember when they arrived and they were decent and after about 5 years, and then they went downhill, the layout of the bus has always annoyed me too, everytime someone gets on with a pushchair, it would take your legs off because the placement of the side seats are horrendous.

I do hope if they decide to refurbish the Versa's, then they can do something to order them by brand, so they follow the same set of fleet numbers because atm, the Versa's are all over.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm #193

(05 Jul 2020, 4:38 pm)Malarkey Personally I would get rid of 8295 to 8309 before I would start getting rid of the Mercedes Citaros as that batch of Versas from what I remember of them being on the 2's/88's a few years ago they were poor in terms of reliability and always off the road for maintainence. Given they are 11 years old now they are nearly at life expectancy of a Midibus which is 12 Years anyway so not worth refurbishing for the sake of 12-24 months left in the fleet.

I remember when they arrived and they were decent and after about 5 years, and then they went downhill, the layout of the bus has always annoyed me too, everytime someone gets on with a pushchair, it would take your legs off because the placement of the side seats are horrendous.

I do hope if they decide to refurbish the Versa's, then they can do something to order them by brand, so they follow the same set of fleet numbers because atm, the Versa's are all over.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

05 Jul 2020, 4:51 pm #194
Considering they've just painted a bunch of the 07 plate Citaros into fleet livery, I'm not sure if they'll be the first buses to be withdrawn to be honest, although this was pre-covid.
deanmachine
05 Jul 2020, 4:51 pm #194

Considering they've just painted a bunch of the 07 plate Citaros into fleet livery, I'm not sure if they'll be the first buses to be withdrawn to be honest, although this was pre-covid.

Michael

05 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm #195
For those who didn't watch Martjin's video on Friday... he mentioned that a memo had gone out to staff about upcoming fleet changes...they must of finally decided where all the new buses are going, and the cascades! Tongue

Hint for Dan Tongue Tongue Tongue

(05 Jul 2020, 4:51 pm)deanmachine Considering they've just painted a bunch of the 07 plate Citaros into fleet livery, I'm not sure if they'll be the first buses to be withdrawn to be honest, although this was pre-covid.

Hopefully the older Versa's before the Citaro's Tongue
Edited 05 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm #195

For those who didn't watch Martjin's video on Friday... he mentioned that a memo had gone out to staff about upcoming fleet changes...they must of finally decided where all the new buses are going, and the cascades! Tongue

(05 Jul 2020, 4:51 pm)deanmachine Considering they've just painted a bunch of the 07 plate Citaros into fleet livery, I'm not sure if they'll be the first buses to be withdrawn to be honest, although this was pre-covid.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

05 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm #196

They have just repainted the last Blaydon Racer example this week and done the Wear Xpress examples prior to covid-19 so they will be here for a while yet,

(05 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm)Michael I remember when they arrived and they were decent and after about 5 years, and then they went downhill, the layout of the bus has always annoyed me too, everytime someone gets on with a pushchair, it would take your legs off because the placement of the side seats are horrendous.

I can remember the South Tyne when they were at Washington always been off the road or kept local on the 80 series services with a Scania L94 on the 88's in their on a daily basis.
Edited 05 Jul 2020, 4:57 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
05 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm #196

They have just repainted the last Blaydon Racer example this week and done the Wear Xpress examples prior to covid-19 so they will be here for a while yet,

(05 Jul 2020, 4:49 pm)Michael I remember when they arrived and they were decent and after about 5 years, and then they went downhill, the layout of the bus has always annoyed me too, everytime someone gets on with a pushchair, it would take your legs off because the placement of the side seats are horrendous.

I can remember the South Tyne when they were at Washington always been off the road or kept local on the 80 series services with a Scania L94 on the 88's in their on a daily basis.

05 Jul 2020, 5:09 pm #197
(05 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm)Malarkey They have just repainted the last Blaydon Racer example this week and done the Wear Xpress examples prior to covid-19 so they will be here for a while yet,

Hence why I said as soon as feasibly possible, in the grand scheme of things, repainting a bus costs nowt, even if they only get 6-12 months out of it, it's better than having buses going round in a defunct brand (although the better option would be not to change branding until the new vehicles arrive). Plus, on a single decker, there's actually relatively little bodywork to paint

With the new corporate livery, is it all painted, or are the blue/white/yellow portions vinyl on a red base?
streetdeckfan
05 Jul 2020, 5:09 pm #197

(05 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm)Malarkey They have just repainted the last Blaydon Racer example this week and done the Wear Xpress examples prior to covid-19 so they will be here for a while yet,

Hence why I said as soon as feasibly possible, in the grand scheme of things, repainting a bus costs nowt, even if they only get 6-12 months out of it, it's better than having buses going round in a defunct brand (although the better option would be not to change branding until the new vehicles arrive). Plus, on a single decker, there's actually relatively little bodywork to paint

With the new corporate livery, is it all painted, or are the blue/white/yellow portions vinyl on a red base?

tyresmoke

05 Jul 2020, 5:13 pm #198
(05 Jul 2020, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan Hence why I said as soon as feasibly possible, in the grand scheme of things, repainting a bus costs nowt, even if they only get 6-12 months out of it, it's better than having buses going round in a defunct brand (although the better option would be not to change branding until the new vehicles arrive). Plus, on a single decker, there's actually relatively little bodywork to paint

The red & blue will be painted, the rest should be vinyl

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
05 Jul 2020, 5:13 pm #198

(05 Jul 2020, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan Hence why I said as soon as feasibly possible, in the grand scheme of things, repainting a bus costs nowt, even if they only get 6-12 months out of it, it's better than having buses going round in a defunct brand (although the better option would be not to change branding until the new vehicles arrive). Plus, on a single decker, there's actually relatively little bodywork to paint

The red & blue will be painted, the rest should be vinyl

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Michael

05 Jul 2020, 5:13 pm #199
(05 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm)Malarkey I can remember the South Tyne when they were at Washington always been off the road or kept local on the 80 series services with a Scania L94 on the 88's in their on a daily basis.

I remember that too, they were sometimes were on the old M1 and the 4 too, not sure why... because its a long route, something they can't cope on sometimes.. Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Jul 2020, 5:13 pm #199

(05 Jul 2020, 4:55 pm)Malarkey I can remember the South Tyne when they were at Washington always been off the road or kept local on the 80 series services with a Scania L94 on the 88's in their on a daily basis.

I remember that too, they were sometimes were on the old M1 and the 4 too, not sure why... because its a long route, something they can't cope on sometimes.. Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Stanleyone

05 Jul 2020, 6:30 pm #200
(05 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm)Michael For those who didn't watch Martjin's video on Friday... he mentioned that a memo had gone out to staff about upcoming fleet changes...they must of finally decided where all the new buses are going, and the cascades! Tongue

Nothing on the memo about where cascades will go, just the released buses will be refreshed. And updated expected arrival dates of new buses. If I remember from the last online talk, the X9/X10 was talked about and the 10 for new buses, dont think we'll see anything new anytime soon.
Stanleyone
05 Jul 2020, 6:30 pm #200

(05 Jul 2020, 4:54 pm)Michael For those who didn't watch Martjin's video on Friday... he mentioned that a memo had gone out to staff about upcoming fleet changes...they must of finally decided where all the new buses are going, and the cascades! Tongue

Nothing on the memo about where cascades will go, just the released buses will be refreshed. And updated expected arrival dates of new buses. If I remember from the last online talk, the X9/X10 was talked about and the 10 for new buses, dont think we'll see anything new anytime soon.

Pages (13) Previous 19 10 1113 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average