Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 160 61 62150 Next
V514DFT

22 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm #1,201
(22 Apr 2021, 7:02 pm)Storx Ah yeah always get them mixed up still stuck in my head with the 356 to Shields and 343/344 to Whitley.

Tbh does there even need to be a bus between FLE and West Moor. I know it's about connecting Quorum to Wallsend but can't see many people using it when it's hourly and there's a 15 minute service with the 62 and 22/40 if you really need it (most people will have to get to Wallsend anyway for the 42A).

The 42A should go North from Dudley imo like the old 101 used to do. Bar Killingworth it makes no sense for anyone South of there to use it to Kingston Park or the Airport as you can just get the Metro and I can't see there's a massive demand from Dinnington or Wideopen down there either.

It's a bit of a confused route with no real purpose for most of it especially when it's so out of GNE's operating area aswell so no-one will have day tickets / passes for it.
I agree

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
22 Apr 2021, 10:21 pm #1,201

(22 Apr 2021, 7:02 pm)Storx Ah yeah always get them mixed up still stuck in my head with the 356 to Shields and 343/344 to Whitley.

Tbh does there even need to be a bus between FLE and West Moor. I know it's about connecting Quorum to Wallsend but can't see many people using it when it's hourly and there's a 15 minute service with the 62 and 22/40 if you really need it (most people will have to get to Wallsend anyway for the 42A).

The 42A should go North from Dudley imo like the old 101 used to do. Bar Killingworth it makes no sense for anyone South of there to use it to Kingston Park or the Airport as you can just get the Metro and I can't see there's a massive demand from Dinnington or Wideopen down there either.

It's a bit of a confused route with no real purpose for most of it especially when it's so out of GNE's operating area aswell so no-one will have day tickets / passes for it.
I agree

Kind Regards
Tez

22 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm #1,202

I only use GNE now (bar the Phoenix 808, and I plan to ride the A-line 792 at some point) so always have a day ticket for GNE (when not in a pandemic!) and have used the 42A between Wallsend and Kingston Park more than once! Fingers crossed the 42A remains as otherwise I have to walk from Gosforth (Q3 or 33/33A) which is twice as far as Kingston Park.  The purpose is to save money by sticking to one bus operator. Yeah, it't not a typical GNE operating area, but give passengers a bloody choice! Metro costs a fortune in addition to buses. At least 3 times I've used the 42A and it's been a vital service, at least a useful one.
OrangeArrow49
22 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm #1,202

I only use GNE now (bar the Phoenix 808, and I plan to ride the A-line 792 at some point) so always have a day ticket for GNE (when not in a pandemic!) and have used the 42A between Wallsend and Kingston Park more than once! Fingers crossed the 42A remains as otherwise I have to walk from Gosforth (Q3 or 33/33A) which is twice as far as Kingston Park.  The purpose is to save money by sticking to one bus operator. Yeah, it't not a typical GNE operating area, but give passengers a bloody choice! Metro costs a fortune in addition to buses. At least 3 times I've used the 42A and it's been a vital service, at least a useful one.

22 Apr 2021, 11:28 pm #1,203
(22 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 I only use GNE now (bar the Phoenix 808, and I plan to ride the A-line 792 at some point) so always have a day ticket for GNE (when not in a pandemic!) and have used the 42A between Wallsend and Kingston Park more than once! Fingers crossed the 42A remains as otherwise I have to walk from Gosforth (Q3 or 33/33A) which is twice as far as Kingston Park.  The purpose is to save money by sticking to one bus operator. Yeah, it't not a typical GNE operating area, but give passengers a bloody choice! Metro costs a fortune in addition to buses. At least 3 times I've used the 42A and it's been a vital service, at least a useful one.
I think GNE should add another service to run between Kingston Park and Killingworth to make the 42A and whatever route a 30 minute service. It pains when I've been in wideopen getting of the 42A then having to wait an hour for it to come back. I miss the old days when if your were anywhere between Dudley and wideopen. You had a bus nearly every second
Micheal Aaron Parker
22 Apr 2021, 11:28 pm #1,203

(22 Apr 2021, 10:59 pm)OrangeArrow49 I only use GNE now (bar the Phoenix 808, and I plan to ride the A-line 792 at some point) so always have a day ticket for GNE (when not in a pandemic!) and have used the 42A between Wallsend and Kingston Park more than once! Fingers crossed the 42A remains as otherwise I have to walk from Gosforth (Q3 or 33/33A) which is twice as far as Kingston Park.  The purpose is to save money by sticking to one bus operator. Yeah, it't not a typical GNE operating area, but give passengers a bloody choice! Metro costs a fortune in addition to buses. At least 3 times I've used the 42A and it's been a vital service, at least a useful one.
I think GNE should add another service to run between Kingston Park and Killingworth to make the 42A and whatever route a 30 minute service. It pains when I've been in wideopen getting of the 42A then having to wait an hour for it to come back. I miss the old days when if your were anywhere between Dudley and wideopen. You had a bus nearly every second

22 Apr 2021, 11:44 pm #1,204
(22 Apr 2021, 11:28 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker I think GNE should add another service to run between Kingston Park and Killingworth to make the 42A and whatever route a 30 minute service. It pains when I've been in wideopen getting of the 42A then having to wait an hour for it to come back. I miss the old days when if your were anywhere between Dudley and wideopen. You had a bus nearly every second

Yeah, I'm planning to get the 42A from Kingston Park to Killingworth sometime and like you say it will be an hour until it comes back to get me back to Kingston Park! GNE should introduce the 48 between Killingworth and Kingston Park, and make the 42A half-hourly between Wallsend and Dinnington.
OrangeArrow49
22 Apr 2021, 11:44 pm #1,204

(22 Apr 2021, 11:28 pm)Micheal Aaron Parker I think GNE should add another service to run between Kingston Park and Killingworth to make the 42A and whatever route a 30 minute service. It pains when I've been in wideopen getting of the 42A then having to wait an hour for it to come back. I miss the old days when if your were anywhere between Dudley and wideopen. You had a bus nearly every second

Yeah, I'm planning to get the 42A from Kingston Park to Killingworth sometime and like you say it will be an hour until it comes back to get me back to Kingston Park! GNE should introduce the 48 between Killingworth and Kingston Park, and make the 42A half-hourly between Wallsend and Dinnington.

Storx

23 Apr 2021, 7:31 am #1,205

In fairness though you'll be the extreme minority to use that bus for the whole of its length. I actually agree with what your saying about tickets but it's in the wrong operating area so it actually in reality does the opposite.

For example someone in Annitsford or Dinnington will only have an Arriva ticket so to have to fork extra to pay for a one hourly GNE bus route it just won't happen especially when sections are covered by the 43 / 44 / 45 / 52 / 53 doing the same route. Similar those in the Killingworth / Forest Hall / Quorum area are all in a strong Stagecoach areas. Even most passengers in Wallsend will either have a Stagecoach or Metro ticket aswell tbh as they're cheaper and more frequent so they'd do the 22/X47 or Metro depending where they are. 

Sometimes you can get away with it if you could connect with something at the other end ie the hourly Tynedale Links services but it doesn't even do that.
Storx
23 Apr 2021, 7:31 am #1,205

In fairness though you'll be the extreme minority to use that bus for the whole of its length. I actually agree with what your saying about tickets but it's in the wrong operating area so it actually in reality does the opposite.

For example someone in Annitsford or Dinnington will only have an Arriva ticket so to have to fork extra to pay for a one hourly GNE bus route it just won't happen especially when sections are covered by the 43 / 44 / 45 / 52 / 53 doing the same route. Similar those in the Killingworth / Forest Hall / Quorum area are all in a strong Stagecoach areas. Even most passengers in Wallsend will either have a Stagecoach or Metro ticket aswell tbh as they're cheaper and more frequent so they'd do the 22/X47 or Metro depending where they are. 

Sometimes you can get away with it if you could connect with something at the other end ie the hourly Tynedale Links services but it doesn't even do that.

Andreos1

23 Apr 2021, 8:27 am #1,206
(22 Apr 2021, 11:59 am)big mac For a place as big as the Team Valley in terms of the amount of workplaces, the bus service there seems completely inadequate.  During the main part of the day it's literally only one service along Kingsway every 20 minutes.

One suggestion to at least give it something more would be to make the X32, which is currently only peak time, a regular all-day service.  It would give the Team Valley a direct service to Newcastle during the day, and would still be about the same journey time as the x30/x31 from Newcastle to Stanley.  It would also provide a quicker option from Newcastle to Ouston than the 28/28a currently provide.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

I think that X32 option could work.
My own thoughts would be to send the 28a along Kingsway. 
Certainly cheaper from an ops perspective.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Apr 2021, 8:27 am #1,206

(22 Apr 2021, 11:59 am)big mac For a place as big as the Team Valley in terms of the amount of workplaces, the bus service there seems completely inadequate.  During the main part of the day it's literally only one service along Kingsway every 20 minutes.

One suggestion to at least give it something more would be to make the X32, which is currently only peak time, a regular all-day service.  It would give the Team Valley a direct service to Newcastle during the day, and would still be about the same journey time as the x30/x31 from Newcastle to Stanley.  It would also provide a quicker option from Newcastle to Ouston than the 28/28a currently provide.

I think that X32 option could work.

big mac

23 Apr 2021, 9:59 am #1,207
(23 Apr 2021, 8:27 am)Andreos1 I think that X32 option could work.
Only issue with that is that it would leave part of Saltwell Road South with no service at all.

big mac
23 Apr 2021, 9:59 am #1,207

(23 Apr 2021, 8:27 am)Andreos1 I think that X32 option could work.
Only issue with that is that it would leave part of Saltwell Road South with no service at all.

Andreos1

24 Apr 2021, 9:55 am #1,208
(23 Apr 2021, 9:59 am)big mac Only issue with that is that it would leave part of Saltwell Road South with no service at all.

Ah yeah, forgot about that little stretch.
Without checking, I can't think how many stops are on there between The Gold Medal and Bell Vue Bank. 2? 3?

Andreos1
24 Apr 2021, 9:55 am #1,208

(23 Apr 2021, 9:59 am)big mac Only issue with that is that it would leave part of Saltwell Road South with no service at all.

Ah yeah, forgot about that little stretch.
Without checking, I can't think how many stops are on there between The Gold Medal and Bell Vue Bank. 2? 3?

big mac

24 Apr 2021, 12:58 pm #1,209
(24 Apr 2021, 9:55 am)Andreos1 Ah yeah, forgot about that little stretch.
It's three northbound and four southbound.

big mac
24 Apr 2021, 12:58 pm #1,209

(24 Apr 2021, 9:55 am)Andreos1 Ah yeah, forgot about that little stretch.
It's three northbound and four southbound.

V514DFT

24 Apr 2021, 4:13 pm #1,210
Could introduce the 28B full time and send it along there in place of the 28A or keep 28A as is and send the 28B along Kingsway

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Apr 2021, 4:13 pm #1,210

Could introduce the 28B full time and send it along there in place of the 28A or keep 28A as is and send the 28B along Kingsway

Kind Regards
Tez

big mac

24 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm #1,211
(24 Apr 2021, 4:13 pm)V514DFT Could introduce the 28B full time and send it along there in place of the 28A or keep 28A as is and send the 28B along Kingsway
I think that's a good shout. Have the 28b go along Saltwell Road South and the 28a along Kingsway, which would give direct links to the Team Valley from Birtley etc.

big mac
24 Apr 2021, 5:11 pm #1,211

(24 Apr 2021, 4:13 pm)V514DFT Could introduce the 28B full time and send it along there in place of the 28A or keep 28A as is and send the 28B along Kingsway
I think that's a good shout. Have the 28b go along Saltwell Road South and the 28a along Kingsway, which would give direct links to the Team Valley from Birtley etc.

V514DFT

24 Apr 2021, 7:30 pm #1,212
It makes sense imo

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
24 Apr 2021, 7:30 pm #1,212

It makes sense imo

Kind Regards
Tez

27 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm #1,213
Would there be any routes where a 3-5 journey (each way) Shoppers service for Eldon Square or Metrocentre would be heavily used.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
27 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm #1,213

Would there be any routes where a 3-5 journey (each way) Shoppers service for Eldon Square or Metrocentre would be heavily used.

29 Apr 2021, 4:36 pm #1,214
Are there any routes that would justify 24 hour running. Got the idea when looking at
Reading Buses' routes

ASX_Terranova
29 Apr 2021, 4:36 pm #1,214

Are there any routes that would justify 24 hour running. Got the idea when looking at
Reading Buses' routes

29 Apr 2021, 4:59 pm #1,215
(27 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm)ASX_Terranova Would there be any routes where a 3-5 journey (each way) Shoppers service for Eldon Square or Metrocentre would be heavily used.
If doing that. Your competitors with the 100 by stagecoach. Yea it would be good to do that but you have quite a few buses going to the metrocenter
Micheal Aaron
29 Apr 2021, 4:59 pm #1,215

(27 Apr 2021, 10:43 pm)ASX_Terranova Would there be any routes where a 3-5 journey (each way) Shoppers service for Eldon Square or Metrocentre would be heavily used.
If doing that. Your competitors with the 100 by stagecoach. Yea it would be good to do that but you have quite a few buses going to the metrocenter

Ambassador

29 Apr 2021, 5:48 pm #1,216
(29 Apr 2021, 4:36 pm)ASX_Terranova Are there any routes that would justify 24 hour running. Got the idea when looking at
Reading Buses' routes

I doubt it. The 21 used to be 24/7 but didn’t last long and that was in a boom period.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
29 Apr 2021, 5:48 pm #1,216

(29 Apr 2021, 4:36 pm)ASX_Terranova Are there any routes that would justify 24 hour running. Got the idea when looking at
Reading Buses' routes

I doubt it. The 21 used to be 24/7 but didn’t last long and that was in a boom period.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

col87

29 Apr 2021, 8:07 pm #1,217
Reading Buses' routes
Not sure there is.  Like been pointed out the 21 used to be on a weekend and potential for a few very early X10 journeys for students at Teesside university to go to Newcastle and back but other than that I would say no.
col87
29 Apr 2021, 8:07 pm #1,217

Reading Buses' routes
Not sure there is.  Like been pointed out the 21 used to be on a weekend and potential for a few very early X10 journeys for students at Teesside university to go to Newcastle and back but other than that I would say no.

29 Apr 2021, 8:41 pm #1,218
74 diverted from Westerhope via Newbiggin Hall and Kingston Park (M71 route) onto Ponteland Road to Newcastle.

Special trips once in each direction :

Service 112 from West Jesmond to Blaydon via Fenham

Service 113 to Consett via Westerhope, Sunniside and South Stanley and Service 174 to Consett via Hexham and Stamfordham. Both from Newcastle Central Station.

Service 127 to South Shields from Callerton Village and Westerhope via Newcastle, Gateshead and Jarrow.

Service 151 from Hexham to Tynemouth via Newcastle Airport and Cowgate.

Service X74 to Washington Galleries via Cowgate, Westerhope and Metrocentre.
OrangeArrow49
29 Apr 2021, 8:41 pm #1,218

74 diverted from Westerhope via Newbiggin Hall and Kingston Park (M71 route) onto Ponteland Road to Newcastle.

Special trips once in each direction :

Service 112 from West Jesmond to Blaydon via Fenham

Service 113 to Consett via Westerhope, Sunniside and South Stanley and Service 174 to Consett via Hexham and Stamfordham. Both from Newcastle Central Station.

Service 127 to South Shields from Callerton Village and Westerhope via Newcastle, Gateshead and Jarrow.

Service 151 from Hexham to Tynemouth via Newcastle Airport and Cowgate.

Service X74 to Washington Galleries via Cowgate, Westerhope and Metrocentre.

Storx

29 Apr 2021, 8:44 pm #1,219
Reading Buses' routes

The problem with 24 hour buses up here is there mostly all one way bar the N21 which kept going for a bit longer with Durham at one end and Newcastle at the other (not sure if it's coming back).

London etc can get away with it as you'll be taking people home from London and night shifts but at the same time taking people into work who are on early shifts where that doesn't happen up here. You can barely get a bus to a lot of work areas at peak time round here nevermind night time.
Storx
29 Apr 2021, 8:44 pm #1,219

Reading Buses' routes

The problem with 24 hour buses up here is there mostly all one way bar the N21 which kept going for a bit longer with Durham at one end and Newcastle at the other (not sure if it's coming back).

London etc can get away with it as you'll be taking people home from London and night shifts but at the same time taking people into work who are on early shifts where that doesn't happen up here. You can barely get a bus to a lot of work areas at peak time round here nevermind night time.

29 Apr 2021, 8:47 pm #1,220
Oh, and improve service frequency and offer at Team Valley and between South Shields and the Metrocentre. Perhaps run the 28 and X32 along Kingway and other companies run the 91 and 941 all day linking the East and West of the city to Kingway and Retail World. Maybe run by A-line or GCT.
OrangeArrow49
29 Apr 2021, 8:47 pm #1,220

Oh, and improve service frequency and offer at Team Valley and between South Shields and the Metrocentre. Perhaps run the 28 and X32 along Kingway and other companies run the 91 and 941 all day linking the East and West of the city to Kingway and Retail World. Maybe run by A-line or GCT.

Pages (150) Previous 160 61 62150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average