Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

Go North East: Service Suggestions v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150) Previous 1145 146 147150 Next
Storx

31 Dec 2023, 8:02 pm #2,901
(31 Dec 2023, 7:23 pm)DaveFromUpNorth There is a way we can use integration of forcing passengers to use the metro at stations.

The best example we have is any buses south of tyne terminate at Gateshead  (only services that terminate at Newcastle and Market Street etc... )

Eg:-  21 56 X1 x21 etc ...

Have a deal with Metro where During the tyne bridge disruption  buses terminate and start at Gateshead  the tickets are valid to use the metro to station's Haymarket Momument and central station

Cross services buses like 1 may need to split service  short to medium term this will improve reliability as no doubt there will be massive queues and delays

We often see services terminating at Gateshead if they are running late to get back to timetable

Also bear in mind new trains should be more reliable  and it is a boost to Gateshead town centre with footfall

See I'm unsure on that as Gateshead is too close to the destination to be useful so would be a frustrating change.

Personally I'd keep some services running through

1, 21, 53, 54 and 56 only pretty much so all of the main corridors have a main route through. 

Beyond that you need to look at the points further out, aka Heworth:

So stuff like the
X1 and X21 would be sent direct to Heworth instead

Other services such as the 27, 57 and 58 would also be expected to change there instead. It would save time as the time difference between the 4 and Metro or X1 is pretty neglible as it is and get people onto the Metro quicker rather than having to sit in queues to eventually make that same change anyway.

At the Metro Centre side, I'd be tempted to look at running some services in via Scotswood Bridge and extending the X66 shuttle through to Blaydon so the likes of the 10, 10A, 10B, X45, 47 etc could go that way aswell omitting the Redheugh Bridge.
Edited 31 Dec 2023, 8:03 pm by Storx.
Storx
31 Dec 2023, 8:02 pm #2,901

(31 Dec 2023, 7:23 pm)DaveFromUpNorth There is a way we can use integration of forcing passengers to use the metro at stations.

The best example we have is any buses south of tyne terminate at Gateshead  (only services that terminate at Newcastle and Market Street etc... )

Eg:-  21 56 X1 x21 etc ...

Have a deal with Metro where During the tyne bridge disruption  buses terminate and start at Gateshead  the tickets are valid to use the metro to station's Haymarket Momument and central station

Cross services buses like 1 may need to split service  short to medium term this will improve reliability as no doubt there will be massive queues and delays

We often see services terminating at Gateshead if they are running late to get back to timetable

Also bear in mind new trains should be more reliable  and it is a boost to Gateshead town centre with footfall

See I'm unsure on that as Gateshead is too close to the destination to be useful so would be a frustrating change.

Personally I'd keep some services running through

1, 21, 53, 54 and 56 only pretty much so all of the main corridors have a main route through. 

Beyond that you need to look at the points further out, aka Heworth:

So stuff like the
X1 and X21 would be sent direct to Heworth instead

Other services such as the 27, 57 and 58 would also be expected to change there instead. It would save time as the time difference between the 4 and Metro or X1 is pretty neglible as it is and get people onto the Metro quicker rather than having to sit in queues to eventually make that same change anyway.

At the Metro Centre side, I'd be tempted to look at running some services in via Scotswood Bridge and extending the X66 shuttle through to Blaydon so the likes of the 10, 10A, 10B, X45, 47 etc could go that way aswell omitting the Redheugh Bridge.

Unber43

31 Dec 2023, 8:31 pm #2,902
58 should go through, as whats the point of going say from Windy Nook to come back into Heworth to then go into Newcastle

Its more long distanced.
Unber43
31 Dec 2023, 8:31 pm #2,902

58 should go through, as whats the point of going say from Windy Nook to come back into Heworth to then go into Newcastle

Its more long distanced.

Storx

31 Dec 2023, 9:24 pm #2,903
(31 Dec 2023, 8:31 pm)Unber43 58 should go through, as whats the point of going say from Windy Nook to come back into Heworth to then go into Newcastle

Its more long distanced.

51/52/93/94 all do some of the Nook to Heworth and it's only 5 mins or so. They could always change at Gateshead aswell of course, it was just more the far end would be easier to use those 4 services and the 57/58 and head the opposite way to Heworth rather than getting stuck in Gateshead after going around the doors of Felling etc.
Storx
31 Dec 2023, 9:24 pm #2,903

(31 Dec 2023, 8:31 pm)Unber43 58 should go through, as whats the point of going say from Windy Nook to come back into Heworth to then go into Newcastle

Its more long distanced.

51/52/93/94 all do some of the Nook to Heworth and it's only 5 mins or so. They could always change at Gateshead aswell of course, it was just more the far end would be easier to use those 4 services and the 57/58 and head the opposite way to Heworth rather than getting stuck in Gateshead after going around the doors of Felling etc.

Unber43

31 Dec 2023, 10:01 pm #2,904
Honestly, the big issue here is cars. We shoudlnt be cutting bus routes, no one can be bothered to change 3 times to get to Newcastle when the car goes direct, park and rides and proper bus routes which reflect customer demands would be much better
Unber43
31 Dec 2023, 10:01 pm #2,904

Honestly, the big issue here is cars. We shoudlnt be cutting bus routes, no one can be bothered to change 3 times to get to Newcastle when the car goes direct, park and rides and proper bus routes which reflect customer demands would be much better

Storx

31 Dec 2023, 10:18 pm #2,905
(31 Dec 2023, 10:01 pm)Unber43 Honestly, the big issue here is cars. We shoudlnt be cutting bus routes, no one can be bothered to change 3 times to get to Newcastle when the car goes direct, park and rides and proper bus routes which reflect customer demands would be much better

The problem is, unless you build rail lines, most car users just will not move.

No-one is going to drive to a P&R and sit on a bus for 25 minutes, and I mean no-one unless there's parking issues or people are tourists, not to mention most people going over the Tyne Bridge are going no-where near Newcastle City Centre.

An ideal public transport networks, has a feeder bus to a local rail network which does the remainder of the journey missing the traffic. That's called integration in every country in Europe, in England for some reason it's called a 'forced interchange'.

Just to pick the 27 as it's the best route for this.

Currently you've got 4 buses an hour, 50 minutes of it runs from Heworth to South Shields, the other 25 minutes duplicates a Metro Line, sits in traffic and does nothing.

Using the exact same resource, you could terminate every 27 at Heworth and up the whole service to every 10 minutes, even with an interchange of say 10 mins max, it's 8 minutes journey time to Monument. That's 7 minutes less, than sitting on the same bus. Everyone wins literally, but people are literally 'scared' to interchange, not to mention you can choose where you get off in Newcastle.

Other services are the same, the time buses are wasted sitting in traffic, could be utilised to improve services elsewhere. For example you get the 57 upto every 15 minutes between Wardley and Newcastle, removing the 57 from the other end of the route nearly. Curtail the 58 at Gateshead, that resource can be used to fill the gap on the 27 above - and again more reliability.

Other than London, people being scared to interchange is a big problem in Britain.

I'd be over the moon if they upped the 19 to every 15 minutes from here to Northumberland Park and binned the X7 off in the process to Newcastle, it's much quicker especially in the peaks and idm interchanging. I'd be in the minority, but in Europe, it's what we'd have very likely.
Edited 31 Dec 2023, 10:22 pm by Storx.
Storx
31 Dec 2023, 10:18 pm #2,905

(31 Dec 2023, 10:01 pm)Unber43 Honestly, the big issue here is cars. We shoudlnt be cutting bus routes, no one can be bothered to change 3 times to get to Newcastle when the car goes direct, park and rides and proper bus routes which reflect customer demands would be much better

The problem is, unless you build rail lines, most car users just will not move.

No-one is going to drive to a P&R and sit on a bus for 25 minutes, and I mean no-one unless there's parking issues or people are tourists, not to mention most people going over the Tyne Bridge are going no-where near Newcastle City Centre.

An ideal public transport networks, has a feeder bus to a local rail network which does the remainder of the journey missing the traffic. That's called integration in every country in Europe, in England for some reason it's called a 'forced interchange'.

Just to pick the 27 as it's the best route for this.

Currently you've got 4 buses an hour, 50 minutes of it runs from Heworth to South Shields, the other 25 minutes duplicates a Metro Line, sits in traffic and does nothing.

Using the exact same resource, you could terminate every 27 at Heworth and up the whole service to every 10 minutes, even with an interchange of say 10 mins max, it's 8 minutes journey time to Monument. That's 7 minutes less, than sitting on the same bus. Everyone wins literally, but people are literally 'scared' to interchange, not to mention you can choose where you get off in Newcastle.

Other services are the same, the time buses are wasted sitting in traffic, could be utilised to improve services elsewhere. For example you get the 57 upto every 15 minutes between Wardley and Newcastle, removing the 57 from the other end of the route nearly. Curtail the 58 at Gateshead, that resource can be used to fill the gap on the 27 above - and again more reliability.

Other than London, people being scared to interchange is a big problem in Britain.

I'd be over the moon if they upped the 19 to every 15 minutes from here to Northumberland Park and binned the X7 off in the process to Newcastle, it's much quicker especially in the peaks and idm interchanging. I'd be in the minority, but in Europe, it's what we'd have very likely.

Unber43

31 Dec 2023, 10:20 pm #2,906
Durham PVR, was...before COVID.
Unber43
31 Dec 2023, 10:20 pm #2,906

Durham PVR, was...before COVID.

Storx

31 Dec 2023, 10:22 pm #2,907
(31 Dec 2023, 10:20 pm)Unber43 Durham PVR, was...before COVID.

Durham has parking issues, very limited parking and there's also a lot of tourists. Go to Northumberland Park, Four Lane Ends, Regent Centre and The Great Park and see how well P&R sites work. The last one is completely abandoned.
Edited 31 Dec 2023, 10:23 pm by Storx.
Storx
31 Dec 2023, 10:22 pm #2,907

(31 Dec 2023, 10:20 pm)Unber43 Durham PVR, was...before COVID.

Durham has parking issues, very limited parking and there's also a lot of tourists. Go to Northumberland Park, Four Lane Ends, Regent Centre and The Great Park and see how well P&R sites work. The last one is completely abandoned.

Unber43

31 Dec 2023, 10:45 pm #2,908
Is that not due to lack of advertising and investment from local authorities
Unber43
31 Dec 2023, 10:45 pm #2,908

Is that not due to lack of advertising and investment from local authorities

Storx

31 Dec 2023, 10:52 pm #2,909
(31 Dec 2023, 10:45 pm)Unber43 Is that not due to lack of advertising and investment from local authorities

Nah, they're just not the answer. Like take the Tyne Bridge, there's 60k vehicles over there daily. The best P&R in the world, is what going to have 800 cars max, it's a pea in a pod for sorting the problems out.

There's no real traffic problems getting into Newcastle, what 10 mins max in a queue somewhere and parking is piss easy. The time you messed around waiting for the transport to turn up and then sitting in the same queue anyway if it's buses - what's the point.

Durham is mostly staff, if I'm right, as there's simply no where to park at all.

The Northumberland Line is the sort of stuff that will get moving from cars, massive car park then hop on the train miles out straight to town so you don't need to bother with the driving part. Take someone from like Newbiggin who might drive into town every day and is sick of the traffic at Moor Farm, they might now drive to Bebside, hoy there car in the station car park and train it from there. If they have to drive to the Regent Centre for example, you've already done the traffic so what's the point.

Shiney Row and the Leamside Line would be an ideal spot for this sort of stuff but the local bunch are more interested in their fantasy Metro lines to no-where with stations on the outskirts of towns with no real sensible P&R opportunities. Whitemare Pool wouldn't be bad either but there's no plans for a station there...
Edited 31 Dec 2023, 10:54 pm by Storx.
Storx
31 Dec 2023, 10:52 pm #2,909

(31 Dec 2023, 10:45 pm)Unber43 Is that not due to lack of advertising and investment from local authorities

Nah, they're just not the answer. Like take the Tyne Bridge, there's 60k vehicles over there daily. The best P&R in the world, is what going to have 800 cars max, it's a pea in a pod for sorting the problems out.

There's no real traffic problems getting into Newcastle, what 10 mins max in a queue somewhere and parking is piss easy. The time you messed around waiting for the transport to turn up and then sitting in the same queue anyway if it's buses - what's the point.

Durham is mostly staff, if I'm right, as there's simply no where to park at all.

The Northumberland Line is the sort of stuff that will get moving from cars, massive car park then hop on the train miles out straight to town so you don't need to bother with the driving part. Take someone from like Newbiggin who might drive into town every day and is sick of the traffic at Moor Farm, they might now drive to Bebside, hoy there car in the station car park and train it from there. If they have to drive to the Regent Centre for example, you've already done the traffic so what's the point.

Shiney Row and the Leamside Line would be an ideal spot for this sort of stuff but the local bunch are more interested in their fantasy Metro lines to no-where with stations on the outskirts of towns with no real sensible P&R opportunities. Whitemare Pool wouldn't be bad either but there's no plans for a station there...

01 Jan 2024, 9:36 am #2,910
You are right about the tyne bridge being used by cars not going to Newcastle City Centre

There is an alternative and that is for the Nexus and the major bus companies to "campaign" for the Tyne Tunnel toll to be reduced to a £1

Push those cars to use the tyne tunnel and A1

It is clearly the price aka toll money which is forcing cars not to use it

I know the debate becomes well we should be pushing people out of cars but these are already NIMBY so short -Medium term if we can't get them out of cars let's move them away from traffic jam areas.

I need to use my car to work however where possible I use the bus I do not use the bus to get to work as it takes 1hr 40mins or 50min then 32minute walk vs a car which is 15-20min

For my other job due to the tunnel price it is often about the same price as to drive via tyne bridge I'd prob save if I did the journey 4 times a day at £2 I'd save about £200 and I don't think it would be that in fuel so there is a saving.

We have the combined authority constantly increasing the tunnel toll every year which is pushing cars else where

I am not confident that the tunnel does not make a profit from all the unpaid toll charges to offset the cost of after all the tunnel is running to capacity anyway last report i saw was about 40%-60% capacity

Let's push the traffic through the tunnel instead of the tyne bridge
DaveFromUpNorth
01 Jan 2024, 9:36 am #2,910

You are right about the tyne bridge being used by cars not going to Newcastle City Centre

There is an alternative and that is for the Nexus and the major bus companies to "campaign" for the Tyne Tunnel toll to be reduced to a £1

I know the debate becomes well we should be pushing people out of cars but these are already NIMBY so short -Medium term if we can't get them out of cars let's move them away from traffic jam areas.

I need to use my car to work however where possible I use the bus I do not use the bus to get to work as it takes 1hr 40mins or 50min then 32minute walk vs a car which is 15-20min

For my other job due to the tunnel price it is often about the same price as to drive via tyne bridge I'd prob save if I did the journey 4 times a day at £2 I'd save about £200 and I don't think it would be that in fuel so there is a saving.

We have the combined authority constantly increasing the tunnel toll every year which is pushing cars else where

I am not confident that the tunnel does not make a profit from all the unpaid toll charges to offset the cost of after all the tunnel is running to capacity anyway last report i saw was about 40%-60% capacity

Storx

01 Jan 2024, 3:36 pm #2,911
(01 Jan 2024, 9:36 am)DaveFromUpNorth You are right about the tyne bridge being used by cars not going to Newcastle City Centre

There is an alternative  and that is for the Nexus and the major bus companies to "campaign" for the Tyne Tunnel toll to be reduced to a £1

I need to use my car to work  however where possible I use the bus I do not use the bus to get to work as it takes 1hr 40mins or 50min then 32minute walk vs a car which is 15-20min

Honestly can't disagree with that. I know the tunnel money is ring fenced against the new tunnel but I always think it would make sense to make the tunnel free, but make the bridges paid instead with that money going towards the tunnel construction costs.

It's counter productive charging people a premium to avoid Newcastle. The bridges through Newcastle isn't the end of the world now there's a route to go around both East and West even known the moaning would be through the roof.

Journeys such as South Shields to Newcastle is much quicker to go via the tunnel then in via the Coast Road but no-one would do that.
Edited 01 Jan 2024, 3:38 pm by Storx.
Storx
01 Jan 2024, 3:36 pm #2,911

(01 Jan 2024, 9:36 am)DaveFromUpNorth You are right about the tyne bridge being used by cars not going to Newcastle City Centre

There is an alternative  and that is for the Nexus and the major bus companies to "campaign" for the Tyne Tunnel toll to be reduced to a £1

I need to use my car to work  however where possible I use the bus I do not use the bus to get to work as it takes 1hr 40mins or 50min then 32minute walk vs a car which is 15-20min

Honestly can't disagree with that. I know the tunnel money is ring fenced against the new tunnel but I always think it would make sense to make the tunnel free, but make the bridges paid instead with that money going towards the tunnel construction costs.

It's counter productive charging people a premium to avoid Newcastle. The bridges through Newcastle isn't the end of the world now there's a route to go around both East and West even known the moaning would be through the roof.

Journeys such as South Shields to Newcastle is much quicker to go via the tunnel then in via the Coast Road but no-one would do that.

L469 YVK

01 Jan 2024, 3:43 pm #2,912
To be honest, I think the big issue we're battling is the Uber / PCP Rangey Brigade.

Could have a fantastic bus or metro service from an estate into Newcastle....but convincing people in that category yo make the switch is another thing. High car ownership / low deprivation areas are always going to be an uphill struggle.

Prime example although not a housing estate....someome staying at the Village Hotel and wants to head into Newcastle for a few drinks........

- 309 to the City in less than 30 minutes and £2 per head
- 23:45 last bus back to the Hotel

Yet.....see plenty of Nearby, Uber, Blueline cars pulling up outside.

To be fair.....GNE should really be pushing this from their end and engaging businesses. When Sam Fender and Pink was on......plenty of taxis being phoned but no direction to a bus stop literally across the road.
L469 YVK
01 Jan 2024, 3:43 pm #2,912

To be honest, I think the big issue we're battling is the Uber / PCP Rangey Brigade.

Could have a fantastic bus or metro service from an estate into Newcastle....but convincing people in that category yo make the switch is another thing. High car ownership / low deprivation areas are always going to be an uphill struggle.

Prime example although not a housing estate....someome staying at the Village Hotel and wants to head into Newcastle for a few drinks........

To be fair.....GNE should really be pushing this from their end and engaging businesses. When Sam Fender and Pink was on......plenty of taxis being phoned but no direction to a bus stop literally across the road.

Storx

01 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm #2,913
(01 Jan 2024, 3:43 pm)L469 YVK To be honest, I think the big issue we're battling is the Uber / PCP Rangey Brigade.

These aren't the problem though, it's a few people going out once a week when the roads are completely dead.

If people want to use taxis that's their choice, it's keeping an industry in place. 

It's people using cars to get to work who pretty much have no alternative. Nissan for example is one of the biggest employment sites around, try getting there from Heworth or Fellgate around 2 mile away - it's impossible. Cobalt is the biggest business park, try getting there from Jarrow again around 2 mile away. 

Going on the make driving worse to improve public transport better is the wrong approach, what should be done is looking at ways of getting cars out of the centre of Newcastle. For example does it really matter if the A1/A19 loop has 100k cars all around free flowing but the city centre is car free?
Storx
01 Jan 2024, 4:13 pm #2,913

(01 Jan 2024, 3:43 pm)L469 YVK To be honest, I think the big issue we're battling is the Uber / PCP Rangey Brigade.

These aren't the problem though, it's a few people going out once a week when the roads are completely dead.

If people want to use taxis that's their choice, it's keeping an industry in place. 

It's people using cars to get to work who pretty much have no alternative. Nissan for example is one of the biggest employment sites around, try getting there from Heworth or Fellgate around 2 mile away - it's impossible. Cobalt is the biggest business park, try getting there from Jarrow again around 2 mile away. 

Going on the make driving worse to improve public transport better is the wrong approach, what should be done is looking at ways of getting cars out of the centre of Newcastle. For example does it really matter if the A1/A19 loop has 100k cars all around free flowing but the city centre is car free?

02 Jan 2024, 7:50 am #2,914
On the Tyne Bridge vs Tyne Tunnel thing, on my regular journey to the Heaton area I don't think there's much difference timewise. But the Tunnel charges a toll, so it'll always be in via the Felling bypass and across the Tyne Bridge for me. Make the Tunnel free, and I'd be far more likely to use it.
Ianthegoon
02 Jan 2024, 7:50 am #2,914

On the Tyne Bridge vs Tyne Tunnel thing, on my regular journey to the Heaton area I don't think there's much difference timewise. But the Tunnel charges a toll, so it'll always be in via the Felling bypass and across the Tyne Bridge for me. Make the Tunnel free, and I'd be far more likely to use it.

Andreos1

02 Jan 2024, 12:38 pm #2,915
(02 Jan 2024, 7:50 am)Ianthegoon On the Tyne Bridge vs Tyne Tunnel thing, on my regular journey to the Heaton area I don't think there's much difference timewise.  But the Tunnel charges a toll, so it'll always be in via the Felling bypass and across the Tyne Bridge for me.  Make the Tunnel free, and I'd be far more likely to use it.

Or, they could make public transport viable and you (and all of the others queueing up on the Felling Bypass) may be encouraged to use that instead. 

Yet those in their ivory towers seem to think that all of the traffic crossing the river, is going to or from the City Centre OR think passengers are happy to change buses there*

Let's be honest, they're not and they aren't.

*even more evident with this ridiculous Tyne Bridge/Metrocentre P&R scheme.
Edited 02 Jan 2024, 1:27 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Jan 2024, 12:38 pm #2,915

(02 Jan 2024, 7:50 am)Ianthegoon On the Tyne Bridge vs Tyne Tunnel thing, on my regular journey to the Heaton area I don't think there's much difference timewise.  But the Tunnel charges a toll, so it'll always be in via the Felling bypass and across the Tyne Bridge for me.  Make the Tunnel free, and I'd be far more likely to use it.

Or, they could make public transport viable and you (and all of the others queueing up on the Felling Bypass) may be encouraged to use that instead. 

Yet those in their ivory towers seem to think that all of the traffic crossing the river, is going to or from the City Centre OR think passengers are happy to change buses there*

Let's be honest, they're not and they aren't.

*even more evident with this ridiculous Tyne Bridge/Metrocentre P&R scheme.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

10 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm #2,916
bring 55 back and it to be every 30 mins runing by sunderland connect solo - aswell as 664 all be painted into violet 55 livery
Graphite39A/39B/39
10 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm #2,916

bring 55 back and it to be every 30 mins runing by sunderland connect solo - aswell as 664 all be painted into violet 55 livery

10 Jan 2024, 6:57 pm #2,917
(10 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm)Graphite39A/39B/39 bring 55 back and it to be every 30 mins runing by sunderland connect solo - aswell as 664 all be painted into violet 55 livery

Won't be anymore violets. Not sure 55 would muster enough for a 30 min service.
54APhotography
10 Jan 2024, 6:57 pm #2,917

(10 Jan 2024, 6:53 pm)Graphite39A/39B/39 bring 55 back and it to be every 30 mins runing by sunderland connect solo - aswell as 664 all be painted into violet 55 livery

Won't be anymore violets. Not sure 55 would muster enough for a 30 min service.

10 Jan 2024, 7:00 pm #2,918
(10 Jan 2024, 6:57 pm)54APhotography Won't be anymore violets. Not sure 55 would muster enough for a 30 min service.

what livery should it be - i say a ew livery on the solos 726-727-728 and 664
Graphite39A/39B/39
10 Jan 2024, 7:00 pm #2,918

(10 Jan 2024, 6:57 pm)54APhotography Won't be anymore violets. Not sure 55 would muster enough for a 30 min service.

what livery should it be - i say a ew livery on the solos 726-727-728 and 664

Storx

10 Jan 2024, 9:00 pm #2,919

Wouldn't bring back the 55 back personally I'd do

19: Sunderland to Grasmere Lane (Every 30 Minutes), 20 Route Sunderland to Houghton, 35 Route to The Crescent, loop around Nidderdale Avernue, X1 Route to Grasmere Lane
20: Sunderland to Durham (Every 15 Minutes)
X20: Sunderland to Langley Park Express (Every 30 Minutes)

19/20/X20: Every 7.5 Minutes Sunderland to Houghton

X1 omit Grasmere Loop in South Hetton

33: Withdrawn
34: Houghton Le Spring to Sunderland Docks (Every 30 Minutes), 35A Route from Sunderland to Houghton, 33 around docks
35: Silksworth to Boldon (Every 30 Minutes), 35A Route from Silksworth to Sunderland, 35 Route to Boldon

34/35: Every 15 Minutes, Sunderland to Silksworth via Hospital

61: Withdrawn
X6: No Changes
X7: Sunderland to Murton (Every 30 Minutes), X6 Route from Sunderland to Dalton Park, 61 Loop around Murton

X6/X7: Every 15 Minutes, Seaham to Sunderland

The 35 is one long winded bus route serving everywhere and anywhere to no benefit of anyone and would knock off about 15 minutes for someone travelling from Sunderland to Hetton which is substantial.
Edited 10 Jan 2024, 9:04 pm by Storx.
Storx
10 Jan 2024, 9:00 pm #2,919

Wouldn't bring back the 55 back personally I'd do

19: Sunderland to Grasmere Lane (Every 30 Minutes), 20 Route Sunderland to Houghton, 35 Route to The Crescent, loop around Nidderdale Avernue, X1 Route to Grasmere Lane
20: Sunderland to Durham (Every 15 Minutes)
X20: Sunderland to Langley Park Express (Every 30 Minutes)

19/20/X20: Every 7.5 Minutes Sunderland to Houghton

X1 omit Grasmere Loop in South Hetton

33: Withdrawn
34: Houghton Le Spring to Sunderland Docks (Every 30 Minutes), 35A Route from Sunderland to Houghton, 33 around docks
35: Silksworth to Boldon (Every 30 Minutes), 35A Route from Silksworth to Sunderland, 35 Route to Boldon

34/35: Every 15 Minutes, Sunderland to Silksworth via Hospital

61: Withdrawn
X6: No Changes
X7: Sunderland to Murton (Every 30 Minutes), X6 Route from Sunderland to Dalton Park, 61 Loop around Murton

X6/X7: Every 15 Minutes, Seaham to Sunderland

The 35 is one long winded bus route serving everywhere and anywhere to no benefit of anyone and would knock off about 15 minutes for someone travelling from Sunderland to Hetton which is substantial.

27 Jan 2024, 8:03 pm #2,920
Would an EV Decker be able to a full day on the X21, i want to design a half hourly competing* route between Newcastle & Spennymoor. 

*Would be based on the old 724 route but via Saltwell Park & Central Station instead of Low Fell & Gateshead.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
27 Jan 2024, 8:03 pm #2,920

Would an EV Decker be able to a full day on the X21, i want to design a half hourly competing* route between Newcastle & Spennymoor. 

*Would be based on the old 724 route but via Saltwell Park & Central Station instead of Low Fell & Gateshead.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Pages (150) Previous 1145 146 147150 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average