You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(13 Jul 2024, 10:38 am)toward6931 wrote Does anybody know when the London E200s are entering service, I'm surprised they are earmarked for use as driver trainers, I thought especially being CAZ compliant they would be put into passenger service to remove the MANviros in service

36287 and 36363 are currently at Hartlepool depot, with 36363 partly cannibalised (various bits missing including some front panels and the windscreen)

(29 Jul 2024, 9:13 am)stagecoachfan wrote 36287 and 36363 are currently at Hartlepool depot, with 36363 partly cannibalised (various bits missing including some front panels and the windscreen)
(29 Jul 2024, 11:37 am)stagecoachfan wrote That particular one definitely stripped.

Look at the damage around the centre doors! That one is definitely finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(29 Jul 2024, 11:37 am)stagecoachfan wrote That particular one definitely stripped.

Nah it'll be fine. Send it up to Slatyford and it'll be in service in seconds.
(26 Jul 2024, 2:05 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote 11722 seen at Slatyford depot today, is this one going to slatyford permanently? Could the rest of them come to Slatyford as well?

11722 not tracking but on service 1 this morning. Seen in town just before 7am heading for Coach Lane Campus.
(29 Jul 2024, 12:22 pm)tyresmoke wrote Look at the damage around the centre doors! That one is definitely finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2 at Hartlepool are both definitely for spare parts. I looked at my photos again and 36287 has no engine and half the back end is missing.
Just seen this about Megabus:

We hear that Stagecoach will lose most of its England/Wales-based Megabus operations from September. Only 1 route will remain at Walkergate and the planned new Volvo 9700 coaches 50527-30 will be diverted to West Scotland for Citylink work. Expect more private operator operations

https://x.com/skmpub/status/1818975720359547160
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Aug 2024, 3:59 pm)deanmachine wrote Interesting how Stagecoach were forced to sell Megabus to buy Nat Ex, and now they've got neither.

It was the opposite. It was National Express trying to buy Stagecoach, not the other way round.
22883 seems to have been resurrected from dead row at Stockton.   Saw it in service today in Stockton.  It's been sat idle for months.

22885 is also out and about and it sounds terrible!
(08 Aug 2024, 11:20 am)Bus Lad Roy wrote 22883 seems to have been resurrected from dead row at Stockton.   Saw it in service today in Stockton.  It's been sat idle for months.

22885 is also out and about and it sounds terrible!

22887 has taken its place in the dead row! 24117 is now having parts put back on it as well!
(29 Jun 2024, 1:52 am)Glen1974 wrote A lot of buses have been withdrawn from Stockton depot the from London depot have come to replace them that I think ?

The buses from London depot have come to replace them that I think ?

No London buses are entering sevice there either for parts or training
(26 Jul 2024, 2:05 pm)ReDemPTiion wrote 11722 seen at Slatyford depot today, is this one going to slatyford permanently? Could the rest of them come to Slatyford as well?

It is really common to see a Walkergate bus parked in Slatyford Depot if they've got a long layover for the number 1. I used to go to school in West Denton and would usually see a hybrid parked in the depot 50% of tbe time.
(12 Aug 2024, 5:27 pm)lewisparker1509 wrote It is really common to see a Walkergate bus parked in Slatyford Depot if they've got a long layover for the number 1. I used to go to school in West Denton and would usually see a hybrid parked in the depot 50% of tbe time.

It wasn't just on layover, it was prior to it entering service, and was parked up along the rear fence rather than out the front.  Presumably just stored there as a few days later it entered service at Walkergate.  Not sure what's going on with 11717-19 though as they seemingly haven't entered service yet.
(12 Aug 2024, 8:33 pm)Glen1974 wrote Can't stagecoach Stockton depot loan some buses from over stagecoach depots if lot of buses off road or withdrawn in till there new one next year?

What's getting loaned out?
(14 Aug 2024, 7:33 am)Coastliner700 wrote Enviro 200s on both X63 boards today! Ran off the early 62s. Are there any plans to move these away from Walkergate and source suitable replacements. They are clearly not suitable for Walkergate routes.

Do they need anything bigger? They always seem quiet whenever I seem them.

Must say it's really noticeable, as of late, that a lot of people at Balliol/Quorum seem to be using the X7/X8 to/from Newcastle nowadays, it used to be on a very few but can easily pick up double figures now on each bus.
(14 Aug 2024, 8:15 am)Coastliner700 wrote The 0530 62 from Killy was full and standing this morning the other working 0530 from Central Station looked overloaded as well going the other way!

Most mornings the 62 is rammed, it doesn't help that a lot of double decks have been took away from that route, I think slatyford alone needs to receive another ten double decks to keep up
(14 Aug 2024, 8:15 am)Coastliner700 wrote The 0530 62 from Killy was full and standing this morning the other working 0530 from Central Station looked overloaded as well going the other way!

Yeah thats fair didn't think the 62 would be busy at that time considering how early they are tbh.
(20 Jun 2024, 12:39 pm)V514DFT wrote And the 18

(Yesterday, 6:52 am)Storx wrote Yeah thats fair didn't think the 62 would be busy at that time considering how early they are tbh.

The 0500 & 0530 go to Central Station and are very well used. The returns even more so to factories in Killy and nearby. Was an E300 this morning and not as bad but still full
I need to know if the open top buses are running along the seafront at Sunderland for next week. Can’t find a timetable telling me the times of operation
(Yesterday, 11:41 am)Acky81 wrote I need to know if the open top buses are running along the seafront at Sunderland for next week. Can’t find a timetable telling me the times of operation

They seem to basically randomly appear on certain journeys on the E services to South Shields. There's no specific open top service.
(14 Aug 2024, 8:28 pm)toward6931 wrote Most mornings the 62 is rammed, it doesn't help that a lot of double decks have been took away from that route, I think slatyford alone needs to receive another ten double decks to keep up

Early morning service within Newcastle are relatively poor, period.

One of the few weaknesses in the Busways network in Newcastle is they don't run pretty much before 0600. The 30/31, 37/38 for example should really have pre 6am departures Monday to Saturday. 

Appreciate they are different markets, but you can get from Chesterfield to Matlock on a X17 Stagecoach service before 06:00, but you can't travel from Benwell to the City Centre at the same time!
(Yesterday, 11:57 am)stagecoachfan wrote They seem to basically randomly appear on certain journeys on the E services to South Shields. There's no specific open top service.

I spoke to Stagecoach today and they said they operate 4 buses but no specific board. Seriously what’s the point
(Yesterday, 4:59 pm)Acky81 wrote I spoke to Stagecoach today and they said they operate 4 buses but no specific board. Seriously what’s the point

They are so unreliable and the weather causes a great toll on them. They are all running on borrowed time really, the only time they are to be on a set route is for special occasions as in the LS1 route opening in Newcastle, and for the recent Stockton open day etc.