Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (33) Previous 131 32 33 Next
31 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm #621
(31 Aug 2014, 7:53 pm)Kuyoyo Without adding to the running cost - no. At least 2 of the Stockton workings start and finish down in the Teesside area. Then there's the cost of re-working the Sunday journeys which are geared to operation out of Stockton (and interwork with all of Stockton's Middlesbrough Sunday runs apart from the 5s of course).

I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

I bet that adding 4 dead journeys per day into the cost would be a significant chunk of profit cleared off for the sake of what? Running it all from Durham is logistically not an option I would guess.

I don't see Arriva reducing the X2 at any point in the future either. If it was going to happen, it would have already happened by now. I think that whilst it may not carry as many as the 21 or X21, it still provides a link between the Durham & Northumbria regions, that would otherwise be severed. I think on that basis, even if it made nothing, Arriva would keep it, to ensure value for money in their full north east tickets. Withdrawing it would reduce their value for money by 50% overnight.
Edited 31 Aug 2014, 8:05 pm by VolvoMarkII.
VolvoMarkII
31 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm #621

(31 Aug 2014, 7:53 pm)Kuyoyo Without adding to the running cost - no. At least 2 of the Stockton workings start and finish down in the Teesside area. Then there's the cost of re-working the Sunday journeys which are geared to operation out of Stockton (and interwork with all of Stockton's Middlesbrough Sunday runs apart from the 5s of course).

I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

I bet that adding 4 dead journeys per day into the cost would be a significant chunk of profit cleared off for the sake of what? Running it all from Durham is logistically not an option I would guess.

I don't see Arriva reducing the X2 at any point in the future either. If it was going to happen, it would have already happened by now. I think that whilst it may not carry as many as the 21 or X21, it still provides a link between the Durham & Northumbria regions, that would otherwise be severed. I think on that basis, even if it made nothing, Arriva would keep it, to ensure value for money in their full north east tickets. Withdrawing it would reduce their value for money by 50% overnight.

Adrian

31 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm #622

But there's nothing stopping the Sunday and bank holiday workings remaining in Stockton I guess?

(31 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm)VolvoMarkII I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

If these extra journeys do not resolve a problem that is known about though, what next? Keep single decker operation in tact because it means moving the service from Stockton otherwise? Stunting growth rarely works.

(31 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm)Dan Without wishing to turn this into the "Service Suggestions" thread...

If this were to happen, and the X2 was dropped to an hourly frequency, why couldn't the costs saved here be pumped into the evening runs to provide later journeys from Middlesbrough to Durham, to get the buses back home?

I can only imagine the frequency of the X2 at present links to the heavy competition on the Durham Road corridor provided by Go North East, but I'd suggest that anyone travelling who doesn't have onward Arriva connections in Durham (either to the X1 or to other Arriva services) will want to get on the 21 or X21 instead - especially as the latter is getting an increased frequency at peaks...

I know that the X2 probably doesn't justify the loadings for an increase of frequency like the X1 does, but living on the route, I'd be pretty peeved if it went to hourly. The X2 is the difference between me getting to Newcastle at no extra cost, or having to get a two zone Buzzfare to do the same. Full route of the X2/X24 is included in a few of the Durham saver tickets.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
31 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm #622

But there's nothing stopping the Sunday and bank holiday workings remaining in Stockton I guess?

(31 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm)VolvoMarkII I think you have hit the nail on the head here.

If these extra journeys do not resolve a problem that is known about though, what next? Keep single decker operation in tact because it means moving the service from Stockton otherwise? Stunting growth rarely works.

(31 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm)Dan Without wishing to turn this into the "Service Suggestions" thread...

If this were to happen, and the X2 was dropped to an hourly frequency, why couldn't the costs saved here be pumped into the evening runs to provide later journeys from Middlesbrough to Durham, to get the buses back home?

I can only imagine the frequency of the X2 at present links to the heavy competition on the Durham Road corridor provided by Go North East, but I'd suggest that anyone travelling who doesn't have onward Arriva connections in Durham (either to the X1 or to other Arriva services) will want to get on the 21 or X21 instead - especially as the latter is getting an increased frequency at peaks...

I know that the X2 probably doesn't justify the loadings for an increase of frequency like the X1 does, but living on the route, I'd be pretty peeved if it went to hourly. The X2 is the difference between me getting to Newcastle at no extra cost, or having to get a two zone Buzzfare to do the same. Full route of the X2/X24 is included in a few of the Durham saver tickets.

Kuyoyo

31 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm #623
(31 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm)aureolin But there's nothing stopping the Sunday and bank holiday workings remaining in Stockton I guess?

If that's the case - why not leave things as they are rather than increasing the running costs just so you can have a full Decker allocation? And that's before you consider where the extra Geminis would come from - it's already likely a sixth one will be required but it's a question of how to get another one across from Blyth when the majority of Blyth's are MAX'd already.
Kuyoyo
31 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm #623

(31 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm)aureolin But there's nothing stopping the Sunday and bank holiday workings remaining in Stockton I guess?

If that's the case - why not leave things as they are rather than increasing the running costs just so you can have a full Decker allocation? And that's before you consider where the extra Geminis would come from - it's already likely a sixth one will be required but it's a question of how to get another one across from Blyth when the majority of Blyth's are MAX'd already.

Adrian

31 Aug 2014, 8:11 pm #624
(31 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm)Kuyoyo If that's the case - why not leave things as they are rather than increasing the running costs just so you can have a full Decker allocation? And that's before you consider where the extra Geminis would come from - it's already likely a sixth one will be required but it's a question of how to get another one across from Blyth when the majority of Blyth's are MAX'd already.

But if the loadings are high enough to justify something bigger than a Pulsar, what do you do? There's an additional peak run either direction to both half the frequency and try and resolve the overcrowding. If it works then great, but if not, then heads need scratching again.

On the issue of running costs that you quite rightly raise. Would you say two Pulsars in the space of 30 minutes is as cost effective as running one Gemini in the same timeframe?

Adrian
31 Aug 2014, 8:11 pm #624

(31 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm)Kuyoyo If that's the case - why not leave things as they are rather than increasing the running costs just so you can have a full Decker allocation? And that's before you consider where the extra Geminis would come from - it's already likely a sixth one will be required but it's a question of how to get another one across from Blyth when the majority of Blyth's are MAX'd already.

But if the loadings are high enough to justify something bigger than a Pulsar, what do you do? There's an additional peak run either direction to both half the frequency and try and resolve the overcrowding. If it works then great, but if not, then heads need scratching again.

On the issue of running costs that you quite rightly raise. Would you say two Pulsars in the space of 30 minutes is as cost effective as running one Gemini in the same timeframe?

31 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm #625
(31 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm)aureolin If these extra journeys do not resolve a problem that is known about though, what next? Keep single decker operation in tact because it means moving the service from Stockton otherwise? Stunting growth rarely works.

Out of the 9 boards now, only 4 are specifically allocated double decks on paper, which suggests that Durham have two single decker workings.

Logically thinking, I would assume that this is purposeful, by double decks being on the journeys that are more heavily used.

I suspect that if push came to shove, Arriva would either change the remaining two Durham based single deckers to doubles and rework the boards and/or pay for work at Stockton depot to allow double deckers in (which would presukably be a cheaper one off cost, instead of an ongoing recurring cost of having everything based at Durham and subsequent dead running).
Edited 31 Aug 2014, 8:15 pm by VolvoMarkII.
VolvoMarkII
31 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm #625

(31 Aug 2014, 8:03 pm)aureolin If these extra journeys do not resolve a problem that is known about though, what next? Keep single decker operation in tact because it means moving the service from Stockton otherwise? Stunting growth rarely works.

Out of the 9 boards now, only 4 are specifically allocated double decks on paper, which suggests that Durham have two single decker workings.

Logically thinking, I would assume that this is purposeful, by double decks being on the journeys that are more heavily used.

I suspect that if push came to shove, Arriva would either change the remaining two Durham based single deckers to doubles and rework the boards and/or pay for work at Stockton depot to allow double deckers in (which would presukably be a cheaper one off cost, instead of an ongoing recurring cost of having everything based at Durham and subsequent dead running).

mb134

31 Aug 2014, 8:17 pm #626
(31 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm)VolvoMarkII I suspect that if push came to shove, Arriva would either change the remaining two Durham based single deckers to doubles and rework the boards and/or pay for work at Stockton depot to allow double deckers in (which would presukably be a cheaper one off cost, instead of an ongoing recurring cost of having everything based at Durham and subsequent dead running).
Why can't Stockton currently accommodate double deckers? How hard would it be to make the changes?
mb134
31 Aug 2014, 8:17 pm #626

(31 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm)VolvoMarkII I suspect that if push came to shove, Arriva would either change the remaining two Durham based single deckers to doubles and rework the boards and/or pay for work at Stockton depot to allow double deckers in (which would presukably be a cheaper one off cost, instead of an ongoing recurring cost of having everything based at Durham and subsequent dead running).
Why can't Stockton currently accommodate double deckers? How hard would it be to make the changes?

31 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm #627
(31 Aug 2014, 8:17 pm)mb134 Why can't Stockton currently accommodate double deckers? How hard would it be to make the changes?

Roof height I think is the issue, as maintenance is done on lifts.
VolvoMarkII
31 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm #627

(31 Aug 2014, 8:17 pm)mb134 Why can't Stockton currently accommodate double deckers? How hard would it be to make the changes?

Roof height I think is the issue, as maintenance is done on lifts.

mb134

31 Aug 2014, 8:19 pm #628
(31 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm)VolvoMarkII Roof height I think is the issue, as maintenance is done on lifts.
Ah right Smile is there nowhere outside they could park them?
mb134
31 Aug 2014, 8:19 pm #628

(31 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm)VolvoMarkII Roof height I think is the issue, as maintenance is done on lifts.
Ah right Smile is there nowhere outside they could park them?

Kuyoyo

31 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm #629

The depot can take deckers in the fuel line and wash - it's when it comes to maintenance they can't. Stockton doesn't have pits, all work underneath is done on lifts and that's when the roof beams come into play - they are too low to accommodate a decker.
Kuyoyo
31 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm #629

The depot can take deckers in the fuel line and wash - it's when it comes to maintenance they can't. Stockton doesn't have pits, all work underneath is done on lifts and that's when the roof beams come into play - they are too low to accommodate a decker.

31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm #630
(31 Aug 2014, 8:19 pm)mb134 Ah right Smile is there nowhere outside they could park them?

Oh no, parking is fine, as its uncovered, but when they need work doing (such as maintenance and tests) they would be unable to lift the deckers without putting a hole in the roof.
VolvoMarkII
31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm #630

(31 Aug 2014, 8:19 pm)mb134 Ah right Smile is there nowhere outside they could park them?

Oh no, parking is fine, as its uncovered, but when they need work doing (such as maintenance and tests) they would be unable to lift the deckers without putting a hole in the roof.

mb134

31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm #631
(31 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)Kuyoyo The depot can take deckers in the fuel line and wash - it's when it comes to maintenance they can't. Stockton doesn't have pits, all work underneath is done on lifts and that's when the roof beams come into play - they are too low to accommodate a decker.
Could they not take them to another depot, e.g Redcar, when they require maintenance?
mb134
31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm #631

(31 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)Kuyoyo The depot can take deckers in the fuel line and wash - it's when it comes to maintenance they can't. Stockton doesn't have pits, all work underneath is done on lifts and that's when the roof beams come into play - they are too low to accommodate a decker.
Could they not take them to another depot, e.g Redcar, when they require maintenance?

mb134

31 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm #632
(31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm)VolvoMarkII Oh no, parking is fine, as its uncovered, but when they need work doing (such as maintenance and tests) they would be unable to lift the deckers without putting a hole in the roof.
Ahh, understand now Smile
mb134
31 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm #632

(31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm)VolvoMarkII Oh no, parking is fine, as its uncovered, but when they need work doing (such as maintenance and tests) they would be unable to lift the deckers without putting a hole in the roof.
Ahh, understand now Smile

Kuyoyo

31 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm #633
(31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm)mb134 Could they not take them to another depot, e.g Redcar, when they require maintenance?

They could - if you want them stuck there for days and days. We all know Redcar's record in that area.
Kuyoyo
31 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm #633

(31 Aug 2014, 8:21 pm)mb134 Could they not take them to another depot, e.g Redcar, when they require maintenance?

They could - if you want them stuck there for days and days. We all know Redcar's record in that area.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm #634
(31 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm)VolvoMarkII I don't see Arriva reducing the X2 at any point in the future either. If it was going to happen, it would have already happened by now. I think that whilst it may not carry as many as the 21 or X21, it still provides a link between the Durham & Northumbria regions, that would otherwise be severed. I think on that basis, even if it made nothing, Arriva would keep it, to ensure value for money in their full north east tickets. Withdrawing it would reduce their value for money by 50% overnight.

Of course the suggestion was based on the basis that the operations would move to Durham... As this in itself is unlikely, the suggestion is also unlikely. I haven't done any research, but as the operation is split between two depots, I'd imagine it'd be harder to continue a half hourly frequency on service X1 whilst making changes that see service X2 downgraded to an hourly frequency.

I'd argue that the value for money for the ticket would still be there as the service still exists. There'd be less convenience to customers, but that goes without saying. Empty services (double deckers, at that) has to be ringing alarm bells to suggest to management that they need to review how things...

I don't think it'd be appropriate for Sundays to go without a "MAX" specification bus. Changing the running boards around and making timetable alterations shouldn't be too difficult, though...

Agreed. There's only so many times you can play around with a timetable, adding extra journeys here and there at peaks, before you realise that there was only ever one appropriate option.

(31 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm)VolvoMarkII Out of the 9 boards now, only 4 are specifically allocated double decks on paper, which suggests that Durham have two single decker workings.

In reality, how often does this happen? I certainly haven't seen a single decker from Durham allocated for quite some time... When Geminis are unavailable, other double deckers tend to substitute.

Is this another case of those on depot level taking matters into their own hands and ignoring management's decision-making?
Dan
31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm #634

(31 Aug 2014, 7:59 pm)VolvoMarkII I don't see Arriva reducing the X2 at any point in the future either. If it was going to happen, it would have already happened by now. I think that whilst it may not carry as many as the 21 or X21, it still provides a link between the Durham & Northumbria regions, that would otherwise be severed. I think on that basis, even if it made nothing, Arriva would keep it, to ensure value for money in their full north east tickets. Withdrawing it would reduce their value for money by 50% overnight.

Of course the suggestion was based on the basis that the operations would move to Durham... As this in itself is unlikely, the suggestion is also unlikely. I haven't done any research, but as the operation is split between two depots, I'd imagine it'd be harder to continue a half hourly frequency on service X1 whilst making changes that see service X2 downgraded to an hourly frequency.

I'd argue that the value for money for the ticket would still be there as the service still exists. There'd be less convenience to customers, but that goes without saying. Empty services (double deckers, at that) has to be ringing alarm bells to suggest to management that they need to review how things...

I don't think it'd be appropriate for Sundays to go without a "MAX" specification bus. Changing the running boards around and making timetable alterations shouldn't be too difficult, though...

Agreed. There's only so many times you can play around with a timetable, adding extra journeys here and there at peaks, before you realise that there was only ever one appropriate option.

(31 Aug 2014, 8:14 pm)VolvoMarkII Out of the 9 boards now, only 4 are specifically allocated double decks on paper, which suggests that Durham have two single decker workings.

In reality, how often does this happen? I certainly haven't seen a single decker from Durham allocated for quite some time... When Geminis are unavailable, other double deckers tend to substitute.

Is this another case of those on depot level taking matters into their own hands and ignoring management's decision-making?

Jimmi

31 Aug 2014, 8:26 pm #635

In my experience with the X2 it can be busy at times, there has been times there has been few seats left on Pulsar operated journeys and part the reason why it looks so empty at times is because the X1 needs double deckers but the X2 doesn't get double decker loads the X2 that leaves Framwellgate Moor at around 1535 does get a decent amount of New College students because the 64 passes the New College students because its full of Fram school kids.

Also why does Arriva think that New College students finish between 4pm and 5:30pm when many students tend to finish between 3pm and 4pm after about 1620 the only students waiting for a bus are those waiting for the 1638 service 7 and at 1530 students are left behind because the 64 is full of Fram school kids.
Jimmi
31 Aug 2014, 8:26 pm #635

In my experience with the X2 it can be busy at times, there has been times there has been few seats left on Pulsar operated journeys and part the reason why it looks so empty at times is because the X1 needs double deckers but the X2 doesn't get double decker loads the X2 that leaves Framwellgate Moor at around 1535 does get a decent amount of New College students because the 64 passes the New College students because its full of Fram school kids.

Also why does Arriva think that New College students finish between 4pm and 5:30pm when many students tend to finish between 3pm and 4pm after about 1620 the only students waiting for a bus are those waiting for the 1638 service 7 and at 1530 students are left behind because the 64 is full of Fram school kids.

mb134

31 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm #636
(31 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm)Kuyoyo They could - if you want them stuck there for days and days. We all know Redcar's record in that area.
Ah yeah, maybe the Redcar suggestion wasn't the best Wink Would Arriva make the modifications to Stockton depot if any of their routes were in desperate need of double deck operation?
mb134
31 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm #636

(31 Aug 2014, 8:23 pm)Kuyoyo They could - if you want them stuck there for days and days. We all know Redcar's record in that area.
Ah yeah, maybe the Redcar suggestion wasn't the best Wink Would Arriva make the modifications to Stockton depot if any of their routes were in desperate need of double deck operation?

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm #637
(31 Aug 2014, 8:26 pm)Jimmi In my experience with the X2 it can be busy at times, there has been times there has been few seats left on Pulsar operated journeys and part the reason why it looks so empty at times is because the X1 needs double deckers but the X2 doesn't get double decker loads the X2 that leaves Framwellgate Moor at around 1535 does get a decent amount of New College students because the 64 passes the New College students because its full of Fram school kids.

'At times' being the key words here. Most services get busy during school/college kicking out times.

If they managed to get a double decker to Framwellgate Moor for 15:30 (ie the run that does get full), I doubt there'd be a great deal of issues.
Dan
31 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm #637

(31 Aug 2014, 8:26 pm)Jimmi In my experience with the X2 it can be busy at times, there has been times there has been few seats left on Pulsar operated journeys and part the reason why it looks so empty at times is because the X1 needs double deckers but the X2 doesn't get double decker loads the X2 that leaves Framwellgate Moor at around 1535 does get a decent amount of New College students because the 64 passes the New College students because its full of Fram school kids.

'At times' being the key words here. Most services get busy during school/college kicking out times.

If they managed to get a double decker to Framwellgate Moor for 15:30 (ie the run that does get full), I doubt there'd be a great deal of issues.

Kuyoyo

31 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm #638
(31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan I don't think it'd be appropriate for Sundays to go without a "MAX" specification bus. Changing the running boards around and making timetable alterations shouldn't be too difficult, though...

They've already changed the timetable once to allow more running time from today. You can't do Middlesbrough-Durham-Middlesbrough in 2 hours which is what they previously tried to do. They now get 2 hours 15 minutes (5 of which is layover time in Durham) and work off 28Bs and work onto 17s (however that is just the general pattern, it is dictated by drivers hours etc). Unless you split the X1 onto it's own board and operated the X1s as the 5s do on Sunday (driver does 1 trip then has his break then does another trip) with the same buses out all day (just changing drivers at the end of the driver's X1 duty).

(31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan Agreed. There's only so many times you can play around with a timetable, adding extra journeys here and there at peaks, before you realise that there was only ever one appropriate option.

Extra journeys which run off other services (in the case of these extra journeys, Stockton's 6 journeys). The PM Peak X1 working from Framwellgate Moor runs between 2 Durham workings, meaning if Durham's management have sense, you'd have deckers on both working.

(31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan In reality, how often does this happen? I certainly haven't seen a single decker from Durham allocated for quite some time... When Geminis are unavailable, other double deckers tend to substitute.

Quite often actually - normally 1 Durham board with a Pulsar and the sixth board has either another Pulsar or one of the ALX DAFs.

(31 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm)mb134 Ah yeah, maybe the Redcar suggestion wasn't the best Wink Would Arriva make the modifications to Stockton depot if any of their routes were in desperate need of double deck operation?

I have no idea - I think it depends how much it costs, plus the timeframe until the area where the depot presently is could be up for redevelopment. I doubt they'd folk out thousands of pounds if the depot might only have 2 or 3 years left before it needs replacing.
Edited 31 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm by Kuyoyo.
Kuyoyo
31 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm #638

(31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan I don't think it'd be appropriate for Sundays to go without a "MAX" specification bus. Changing the running boards around and making timetable alterations shouldn't be too difficult, though...

They've already changed the timetable once to allow more running time from today. You can't do Middlesbrough-Durham-Middlesbrough in 2 hours which is what they previously tried to do. They now get 2 hours 15 minutes (5 of which is layover time in Durham) and work off 28Bs and work onto 17s (however that is just the general pattern, it is dictated by drivers hours etc). Unless you split the X1 onto it's own board and operated the X1s as the 5s do on Sunday (driver does 1 trip then has his break then does another trip) with the same buses out all day (just changing drivers at the end of the driver's X1 duty).

(31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan Agreed. There's only so many times you can play around with a timetable, adding extra journeys here and there at peaks, before you realise that there was only ever one appropriate option.

Extra journeys which run off other services (in the case of these extra journeys, Stockton's 6 journeys). The PM Peak X1 working from Framwellgate Moor runs between 2 Durham workings, meaning if Durham's management have sense, you'd have deckers on both working.

(31 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Dan In reality, how often does this happen? I certainly haven't seen a single decker from Durham allocated for quite some time... When Geminis are unavailable, other double deckers tend to substitute.

Quite often actually - normally 1 Durham board with a Pulsar and the sixth board has either another Pulsar or one of the ALX DAFs.

(31 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm)mb134 Ah yeah, maybe the Redcar suggestion wasn't the best Wink Would Arriva make the modifications to Stockton depot if any of their routes were in desperate need of double deck operation?

I have no idea - I think it depends how much it costs, plus the timeframe until the area where the depot presently is could be up for redevelopment. I doubt they'd folk out thousands of pounds if the depot might only have 2 or 3 years left before it needs replacing.

Jimmi

31 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm #639
(31 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm)Dan 'At times' being the key words here. Most services get busy during school/college kicking out times.

Its also busy mid afternoon.

The last time I saw that 64 it was a double decker but in the past they were terrible for allocations around that time, at one point at 1530 everyday 1795/1796 always used to turn up together which resulted in two full buses and two buses driving past New College students thankfully for me this was when the 7/7A still served Framwellgate Moor but for people who needed the 63/64 it was a nightmare getting home, someone I know used to have to leave at 1510 or wait to nearly 1550 to get home.
Jimmi
31 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm #639

(31 Aug 2014, 8:29 pm)Dan 'At times' being the key words here. Most services get busy during school/college kicking out times.

Its also busy mid afternoon.

The last time I saw that 64 it was a double decker but in the past they were terrible for allocations around that time, at one point at 1530 everyday 1795/1796 always used to turn up together which resulted in two full buses and two buses driving past New College students thankfully for me this was when the 7/7A still served Framwellgate Moor but for people who needed the 63/64 it was a nightmare getting home, someone I know used to have to leave at 1510 or wait to nearly 1550 to get home.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2014, 8:44 pm #640
(31 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm)Kuyoyo Quite often actually - normally 1 Durham board with a Pulsar and the sixth board has either another Pulsar or one of the ALX DAFs.

At the start of this month, one of Durham's boards was allocated a Pulsar, for about a week. For the majority of the journeys I saw for the remainder of this month, it's either been a Gemini or an ALX400...

Given the appearances of single deckers at the start of the month, I'm guessing this one is/was a single decker board. My sightings of double deckers for the past three weeks or so can't be down to luck, surely?
Dan
31 Aug 2014, 8:44 pm #640

(31 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm)Kuyoyo Quite often actually - normally 1 Durham board with a Pulsar and the sixth board has either another Pulsar or one of the ALX DAFs.

At the start of this month, one of Durham's boards was allocated a Pulsar, for about a week. For the majority of the journeys I saw for the remainder of this month, it's either been a Gemini or an ALX400...

Given the appearances of single deckers at the start of the month, I'm guessing this one is/was a single decker board. My sightings of double deckers for the past three weeks or so can't be down to luck, surely?

Pages (33) Previous 131 32 33 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average