You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2014

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2014

RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(20 Nov 2014, 6:42 pm)Marcus wrote You could get the X7 from Park Lane to Middlesbrough, and you might see it...

Nope, 4001/4007 are only doing Darlington town services (usually the 11) and the likes of the 1/5/5A although has been the 7 dupe for much of this week.
Site Administrator
Re: RE: Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(21 Nov 2014, 5:38 pm)aureolin wrote 1578 is on the U1 again today.
Solo reg ending ETY(?) on 23s today too.
(21 Nov 2014, 6:57 pm)Marcus wrote Would Jimmi have commented about it if it wasn't rare?

And you know that it's rare or odd do you?
I've saw original livery/09 pulsars on the 22 a couple of times when I've been in Sunderland. 
Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(21 Nov 2014, 6:57 pm)Marcus wrote Would Jimmi have commented about it if it wasn't rare?

Yeah, his post itself doesnt make sense. How can a working be normal if it isnt a 61 reg pulsar which should be allocated? That kid needs help and if he isnt a kid, he needs to grow up.
Site Administrator
(21 Nov 2014, 6:58 pm)Tom wrote And you know that it's rare or odd do you?
I've saw original livery/09 pulsars on the 22 a couple of times when I've been in Sunderland. 

Yes, but Arriva released in a statement with the launch of brand new vehicles on service 23 (and of course the introduction of service X21) that the vehicles to operate service 22 would be four years old (ie the 61-reg Pulsars).

It's comparable to Go North East's dual-door Volvo B10BLEs on service 9. Shouldn't happen, but does on a daily basis, so one could argue that it could still be posted on the Rare & Odd Workings thread for GNE...
(21 Nov 2014, 7:00 pm)Dan wrote Yes, but Arriva released in a statement with the launch of brand new vehicles on service 23 (and of course the introduction of service X21) that the vehicles to operate service 22 would be four years old (ie the 61-reg Pulsars).

It's comparable to Go North East's dual-door Volvo B10BLEs on service 9. Shouldn't happen, but does on a daily basis, so one could argue that it could still be posted on the Rare & Odd Workings thread for GNE...

Arriva can't allocate anything properly though, they are pathetic. 
Arriva North East - Rare and Odd Workings
(21 Nov 2014, 6:58 pm)Tom wrote And you know that it's rare or odd do you?

Arriva made a point of saying that service 22 will use modern buses or something strongly suggested to us that 61 reg pulsars should only be allocated. 09 regs are odd regardless of whether arriva are rubbish at allocating buses.
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/La...underland/

"Service 22 will run with modern, low floor buses less than 4 years old"

This should be the 61 reg Pulsars, although the 09 reg Pulsars often do still appear on the 22.
Site Administrator
09-reg Pulsar 1421 is on this morning's 23 service which works onto 22s.

Solo 2839 is on service 23 today too.
(21 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm)Jimmi wrote http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/La...underland/

"Service 22 will run with modern, low floor buses less than 4 years old"

This should be the 61 reg Pulsars, although the 09 reg Pulsars often do still appear on the 22.

Can't see that they would differentiate between an 09 Pulsar and a 61 reg Pulsar. They have more important things than that to get right.
(22 Nov 2014, 4:42 pm)Cock Robin wrote Can't see that they would differentiate between an 09 Pulsar and a 61 reg Pulsar. They have more important things than that to get right.

I don't disagree with you, but it's a bold statement for them to make on their website in the first place, when it's not happening on a daily basis.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Solo on the X66?! I don't profess to be a regular passenger on it at all, but whenever I have used it, there's been standees even on an Omni.
I've heard that the present allocation for service X66 is 3 Pulsars and 2 Solos.

You don't get standing much on the X66 in my experience, you sometimes have to if you get one from Darlington after 0930 when concession passes can be used but pretty much the only other times I've had to stand on the X66 is if the one in front has broke down or it has suffered major delays.
(22 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm)Jimmi wrote I've heard that the present allocation for service X66 is 3 Pulsars and 2 Solos.

You don't get standing much on the X66 in my experience, you sometimes have to if you get one from Darlington after 0930 when concession passes can be used but pretty much the only other times I've had to stand on the X66 is if the one in front has broke down or it has suffered major delays.

Yes I remember one infamous day back in September when it was taking them nigh on 4 hours to do a round trip... I think Darlo ran out of buses to send on it and resulted in a 2.5 hour gap in Middlesbrough at one point

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(22 Nov 2014, 12:05 pm)alibill_36 wrote Stockton just produced 1512 for the 11:4x 21A to Peterlee.

1637 / 2866 / 1507 all seen on X66 today.

1512 did the 1145 and 1445 21As - and will also have worked the 1750 29A to Stokesley last night. Seen in Stockton on the 1315 from Peterlee

.jpg ANE-1512.JPG

1424/5 made up the rest of the X66 allocation yesterday.

(22 Nov 2014, 3:00 pm)Marcus wrote Lowlander 7456 operated Service X2 from Chester towards Durham at 10:56, and was the 14:06 from Chester to Newcastle, if anyone wants a photo!

7453 was on the working in front - however between 1406 and 1700 (when it was due to leave Middlesbrough for Durham and Chester-le-Street), it was replaced by 7459.

.jpg ANE-7459.JPG

(22 Nov 2014, 4:27 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote What a waste, pure and simple!

What is a waste? That Durham have 7453-6 (which Ashington's drivers are pleased to see the back of - simply because they are worn out) or that they are being used on the X1/X2?
(23 Nov 2014, 9:29 am)Kuyoyo wrote What is a waste? That Durham have 7453-6 (which Ashington's drivers are pleased to see the back of - simply because they are worn out) or that they are being used on the X1/X2?

I think they've been a pleasure since arriving in Durham. There's been 1 or 2 on the 56/57/57A pretty much every day last week, and they handle the route a hell of a lot better than the Solos. Despite being worn out, they sound a lot healthier than some of Durham's Solos too. 
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
(23 Nov 2014, 1:18 pm)aureolin wrote I think they've been a pleasure since arriving in Durham. There's been 1 or 2 on the 56/57/57A pretty much every day last week, and they handle the route a hell of a lot better than the Solos. Despite being worn out, they sound a lot healthier than some of Durham's Solos too. 

I think I should rephrase what I said originally - they have been too worn out from use on the X15/X18 and their old guises of 501/505/518. Work such as the 6, 22, 24/24X, 43, 46/48 and 56/57/57A/86 they should be able to handle. Even the X1(X12)/X2 and X24 should be more suitable to them in their present state of mechanical form. Hopefully Durham's engineering can work their magic on all the Lowlanders as they did with the Tridents that have now found a second life with Yorkshire Tiger.
(23 Nov 2014, 1:27 pm)Kuyoyo wrote I think I should rephrase what I said originally - they have been too worn out from use on the X15/X18 and their old guises of 501/505/518. Work such as the 6, 22, 24/24X, 43, 46/48 and 56/57/57A/86 they should be able to handle. Even the X1(X12)/X2 and X24 should be more suitable to them in their present state of mechanical form. Hopefully Durham's engineering can work their magic on all the Lowlanders as they did with the Tridents that have now found a second life with Yorkshire Tiger.

I don't think they are worn out, it's more a case of depots not looking after vehicles properly

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect