Menu

Pages (109)    121 22 23109   
Dan   09 Dec 2014, 2:39 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 2:33 pm)Andreos1 wrote Never seen it or used it on an evening/night since the changes.
Hopefully will be using it over Christmas.

Since the initial changes in November and the push at the time on social media, I haven't noticed any other marketing/advertising promoting the changes.
What that means, is anyone's guess.

It could be doing really well and doesn't need any additional advertising!

After a quick look, the last form of promotion to advertise the extended evening service was 18th November (two and a half weeks after the service changes took place). After that, the priority would have no doubt been to advertise the Sunderland Consultation. It perhaps would have been slightly confusing if both were being promoted at the same time.

Like I say, though, I can't imagine there to be any changes to the evening services based on the fact there should be a trial period of six months.
Drifter60   09 Dec 2014, 3:01 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 1:34 pm)MAcky81 wrote Totally random route in my opinion this 36 plan. Previous 36 never worked as stagecoach dominate with 4 and 13

Well it's not random as such. I do understand your point that route from Chester to Town End Farm seems on paper very long and no ones ever going to use it point to point, but it's the local links that's important. 
The main section of route that has become popular is the 29 ie Town End Farm-City Centre which is why they've icreased the frequency on this route. Town End Farm-Boldon Asda is less used but the connections should remain which is why it drops to 30 minutes by 35 only. 
The idea has come to amalgamate service 29/35 to create more cross city connections in Sunderland. I believe the 35/36 will both run same route? (Royal Hospital, Durham Road, Herrington & Newbottle to Houghton). The idea to merge service 71 into this service aswell is to improve services for FenceHouses residents by giving the area a link to sunderland that was lost when 71 was last curtailed- GNE probably hope this will help passengers on the Houghton-Chester stretch which isn't the most profitable of routes.  

Also the numbering of this 36 hasn't really got anything to do with previous 36's- it's a new route not bringing back an old one, just simply using that service number. 
Adrian   09 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 7:54 am)Robert wrote Not all services are designed for people to do end to end on. Its not like the angel where people will be highly likely to get on it at Durham and go to Newcastle. The main connection with these would be Chester and Sunderland with the town end farm bit for people who live round there.

43/44 is a prime example of this too. Nobody in their right mind is going to travel from Durham to Newcastle using it (unless you're Malarkey). You've probably got a good three sections to that route. Durham - Stanley, Stanley area local travel, and then Stanley to Newcastle.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Malarkey   09 Dec 2014, 3:44 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 3:30 pm)aureolin wrote 43/44 is a prime example of this too. Nobody in their right mind is going to travel from Durham to Newcastle using it (unless you're Malarkey). You've probably got a good three sections to that route. Durham - Stanley, Stanley area local travel, and then Stanley to Newcastle
Think id rather get on the X21 to be Honest.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
R852 PRG   09 Dec 2014, 4:58 pm
(08 Dec 2014, 11:28 pm)Acky81 wrote Who on earth is going to travel from chester le st to town end farm of all places

Well, me for a start!! It's the locality that counts, though!

I think it'll offer new connections for people at Town End Farm. Many a time previously I've got Service 78 into Chester on a Saturday morning, packed with people coming from Sunderland, to see our market. Just as many times I've seen people ask the driver where the market place was (obviously because they've never been before!), and say the reason for that was because they lived in and around Sunderland.

Service 36 should offer a whole new scope for the people at Town End Farm, as well as offering the essential local links, like Drifter60 explained! Fencehouses 'people' should now be able to travel direct to Sunderland, if the proposed route goes ahead.

Besides, the introduction of this service should replace both Service 29 and Service 71 - the latter of which was struggling anyway!
Tom   09 Dec 2014, 5:36 pm
I can't see the point in the 33.
Is it any difference to the 2/2A to Silksworth?
cbma06   09 Dec 2014, 5:41 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 5:36 pm)Tom wrote I can't see the point in the 33.
Is it any difference to the 2/2A to Silksworth?

The 2/2a will be replacing the 42.
The 33 is replacing the daytime 35 series between silksworth and town.

Tom   09 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 5:41 pm)cbma06 wrote The 2/2a will be replacing the 42

Worded badly, but what I mean is, is the 33 any different to the 2/2A from Sunderland to Silksworth?
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
cbma06   09 Dec 2014, 5:45 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm)Tom wrote Worded badly, but what I mean is, is the 33 any different to the 2/2A from Sunderland to Silksworth?

Yes

Tom   09 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 5:45 pm)cbma06 wrote Yes

How? 
Different route?
Dan   09 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm)Tom wrote How? 
Different route?

You know the difference between the current 35 and the current 42, surely? Tongue 
Tom   09 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 5:57 pm)Dan wrote You know the difference between the current 35 and the current 42, surely? Tongue 

Now I do Smile
Hope they are successful. 
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   09 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm)Tom wrote Now I do Smile
Hope they are successful. 

There are a lot of advantages to all customers.

Services 2/2C
  • Improved cross-city connections
  • Silksworth gains a more frequent service to/from Royal Hospital (every 10 mins, opposed to current 60 mins)
  • Possibility for increased layover to provide increased reliability
Services 20/20A
  • Peak time X20s should be re-worked so that they fall under the 'Prince Bishops' brand and don't work off delayed scholars
Services 33/39
  • Service 39 increased to every 15 minutes
  • Service 33 introduced providing new links between Silksworth and Doxford Park (Stagecoach's service 13 doesn't entirely achieve this as it doesn't go to Vicarage Farm Estate)
Services 35/36
  • Direct link between Fencehouses and Sunderland reinstated
  • Improved frequency on current 29 route between Sunderland and Town End Farm (every 15 mins, opposed to current 20 mins)
Service 38
  • Direct links between Silksworth and Houghton-le-Spring are retained
  • Grasswell gains a direct bus to Sunderland
Service 56
  • Increased layover to provide increased reliability
Go North East have really thought these changes through - and most importantly, they've been directly made as a result of customer requests. I previously suggested that residents of Sunderland must prefer the cross-city nature style of services owing to Stagecoach's dominance within the city, with this method being Stagecoach's set up. I really don't think it's a coincidence that lots of cross-city style services are being introduced.
Tom   09 Dec 2014, 6:22 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote There are a lot of advantages to all customers.

Services 2/2C
  • Silksworth gains a more frequent service to/from Royal Hospital (every 10 mins, opposed to current 60 mins)
Services 20/20A
  • Peak time X20s should be re-worked so that they fall under the 'Prince Bishops' brand and don't work off delayed scholars
Services 33/39
  • Service 33 introduced providing new links between Silksworth and Doxford Park (Stagecoach's service 13 doesn't entirely achieve this as it doesn't go to Vicarage Farm Estate)
Services 35/36
  • Improved frequency on current 29 route between Sunderland and Town End Farm (every 15 mins, opposed to current 20 mins)
Service 38
Service 56
Go North East have really thought these changes through - and most importantly, they've been directly made as a result of customer requests. I previously suggested that residents of Sunderland must prefer the cross-city nature style of services owing to Stagecoach's dominance within the city, with this method being Stagecoach's set up. I really don't think it's a coincidence that lots of cross-city style services are being introduced.

Yeah, hopefully these won't change all of the time.
Does Grasswell even have a bus service, as nothing comes up on GNE.
Acky81   09 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm
Losing 29 is a bad decision
R852 PRG   09 Dec 2014, 6:28 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm)Acky81 wrote Losing 29 is a bad decision

Not necessarily.

It's not like it's been totally forgotten and lost in time - it's just been merged with another service to make another, when you think about it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   09 Dec 2014, 6:28 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm)Acky81 wrote Losing 29 is a bad decision

How? It is being replaced by the 35, following the same route from Sunderland to Boldon. 
Acky81   09 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm
29 has proved very popular in ryhope tunstall and doxford
Tom   09 Dec 2014, 6:34 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm)Acky81 wrote 29 has proved very popular in ryhope tunstall and doxford

You'll have the 39 every 15 mins. 
Dan   09 Dec 2014, 6:36 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:33 pm)Acky81 wrote 29 has proved very popular in ryhope tunstall and doxford
Yes, but not quite as popular as the Sunderland - Town End Farm section.

Whilst the frequency of 29/39 from Sunderland - Doxford Park will decrease from every 10 mins to every 15, the frequency of service 29 (35/36) between Sunderland and Town End Farm will increase from every 20 to every 15.

There are currently 6 buses/hr between Sunderland and Doxford Park (excl X35), but this will increase to 8 buses/hr (33/39)...
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   09 Dec 2014, 6:40 pm
Yeah, Grasswell has the X1 from the main road and the 35/a from the Burnside Estate.

In the past, they had the 71.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Michael   09 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm)Dan wrote There are a lot of advantages to all customers.

Services 2/2C
Services 20/20A
Services 33/39
Services 35/36
Service 38
Service 56

Just thinking, the 2/2A - which way will they run in and out the city center, like the current laser will it enter park lane twice?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   09 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm
(09 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm)Michael wrote Just thinking, the 2/2A - which way will they run in and out the city center, like the current laser will it enter park lane twice?

No - I think it will follow the same route as the current 39 from Chester Road through to Fawcett Street and beyond.
Michael   10 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm
Do you think the 33, 38 and 39 will get branded?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   10 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm
(10 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm)Michael wrote Do you think the 33, 38 and 39 will get branded?

Possibly as Simplicity?
Michael   10 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm
(10 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm)Tom wrote Possibly as Simplicity?

I don't theirs gonna be enough versa's for all of the services, including the 61, unless they drop the 61 from the brand and give this service something else but i doubt that, i also doubt they will want the Simplicity brand as 2 different kinds of buses.... unless they're new buses. 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Tom   10 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm
(10 Dec 2014, 4:06 pm)Michael wrote I don't theirs gonna be enough versa's for all of the services, including the 61, unless they drop the 61 from the brand and give this service something else but i doubt that, i also doubt they will want the Simplicity brand as 2 different kinds of buses.... unless they're new buses. 

Well, the 33/39 will be able to be branded as Simplicity. The 38 could use Cadets, and just be red. 
Michael   10 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm
(10 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm)Tom wrote Well, the 33/39 will be able to be branded as Simplicity. The 38 could use Cadets, and just be red. 

Aye true, i forgot about they could just drop the 38...although, Cadets is now likely due to the increase in PVR and it desperately needs bigger buses haha  Tongue

Probables find out when GNE post the changes on their site, i think this will be before the 23.12.14, as changes are due on the 25.1.14... i don't see them posting the changes over Christmas, this will likely to be done before Christmas.  

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   10 Dec 2014, 4:14 pm
(10 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm)Michael wrote Aye true, i forgot about they could just drop the 38...although, Cadets is now likely due to the increase in PVR and it desperately needs bigger buses haha  Tongue

Probables find out when GNE post the changes on their site, i think this will be before the 23.12.14, as changes are due on the 25.1.14... i don't see them posting the changes over Christmas, this will likely to be done before Christmas.  

I reckon the allocations, overall will be:

2/2A - Citaro
20/20A - Solars
33/39 - Versas
35 - Solars
36 - Citaros
38 - Cadets
Michael   10 Dec 2014, 4:17 pm
(10 Dec 2014, 4:14 pm)Tom wrote I reckon the allocations, overall will be:

2/2A - Citaro
20/20A - Solars
33/39 - Versas
35 - Solars
36 - Citaros
38 - Cadets

Tbh, most of the services were gonna be the same allocations, its only the 33 and 38 allocations which isn't really confirmed. 

Question regarding the 39, i wonder if GNE will run this once again a night?, anyone have any info on this?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Pages (109)    121 22 23109