You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

28th January 2024 changes

(18 Jan 2024, 7:27 pm)Retro Nero wrote Yes .....by X20

Oh right thanks. I never thought to check the X20 timetable. Just assumed it would run direct along the A690 from Houghton-le-Spring.

I must say the GNE website doesn’t explain the changes very well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RE: 28th January 2024 changes
(20 Jan 2024, 3:30 pm)GrahamD83 wrote Oh right thanks. I never thought to check the X20 timetable. Just assumed it would run direct along the A690 from Houghton-le-Spring.

I must say the GNE website doesn’t explain the changes very well

Done in a rush that's why. The 65 timetable wasn't even posted and it doesn't mention the 12 timetable. It just goes to show how quick they wanted it out. Probably to boast the "BRAND NEW IMPROVEMENT" X20 when there's zero difference to when it was back then bar its decekrs this time
(20 Jan 2024, 5:21 pm)Aaron21 wrote Done in a rush that's why. The 65 timetable wasn't even posted and it doesn't mention the 12 timetable. It just goes to show how quick they wanted it out. Probably to boast the "BRAND NEW IMPROVEMENT" X20 when there's zero difference to when it was back then bar its decekrs this time

The spin on the Northern Echo website with a random Deptford representative is up there like. 

Wouldn't happen in the Jim Scott days.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2024, 8:37 pm)Retro Nero wrote 6308 ,6309, 6310, 6311, 6312, 6313 , 6314 are now at Sunderland Depot ready for X20 commencing tomorrow ( sorry no pictures)

All have also had route details for X21 stripped externally.

(28 Jan 2024, 8:42 pm)Dan wrote All have also had route details for X21 stripped externally.

Very much looking forward to the resulting Riverside game of  ‘what utter heap can we whack onto the 21 and X21’
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Site Administrator
(28 Jan 2024, 9:42 pm)Ambassador wrote Very much looking forward to the resulting Riverside game of  ‘what utter heap can we whack onto the 21 and X21’

I mean, they’ve got four Streetdecks spare (2x Angel, 1x Flexility and 6377), which is exceptionally generous by modern spare % standards really..!

That said, I hazard a guess the ex-London B9s will surface more often (they’ve got more of them, now).

(28 Jan 2024, 10:15 pm)Dan wrote I mean, they’ve got four Streetdecks spare (2x Angel, 1x Flexility and 6377), which is exceptionally generous by modern spare % standards really..!

That said, I hazard a guess the ex-London B9s will surface more often (they’ve got more of them, now).

Daniel, Daniel…this is why you’re leaving. That is far too logical. 

Whoever allocates at riverside has their ready brek (or free nigel lunch) and immediately allocates a few angels and that nice free yutong bus, whacks a few on the X10, the rest of on the 57 and hopes there’s no wing mirror issues. 

They then mosey on down to the riverside yard, the smell of Costco hotdogs in their senses and they see…elite driver training heap, ex London heap (they think of ambassadors knees of a match day) , a few East Gateshead racers, a Tyne valley ten and think…well you’re all going to run in threes and get regulated with those Birtley bike lane lights anyway so go forth my pretties.

Or something like that. If Nigel hasn’t been to riverside to hand out breakfast and free Greggs vouchers like the dynamic Will (couuuuuugh) at Deptford they might not be as enthusiastic in their allocations
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(28 Jan 2024, 8:37 pm)Retro Nero wrote 6308 ,6309, 6310, 6311, 6312, 6313 , 6314 are now at Sunderland Depot ready for X20 commencing tomorrow ( sorry no pictures)

It’ll be nice to be able to travel between Sunderland and Durham on a double decker, which has been quite a rare option in years

Too positive for this forum I know