North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06 Oct 2013, 5:34 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Speaking of displays, A-Line have adopted a similar "Not in Service" screen to the Go North East one.

Ah, you've just reminded me - I believe Go North East's new "Not In Service" screen has also been updated at Saltmeadows depot now too - I noted a few of the "South Tyne" Cadets with it on.
Daniel just checking your fleet news update, i thought the FAB 56 Solar's would of being left plain for a different brand and not go Northern.

Seem's a tad early to repaint them
(06 Oct 2013, 5:34 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Oops, sorry! Angel

Speaking of displays, A-Line have adopted a similar "Not in Service" screen to the Go North East one.

Bloody copy cats!
(06 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Daniel just checking your fleet news update, i thought the FAB 56 Solar's would of being left plain for a different brand and not go Northern.

I think that 5201-10 would be better painted for TOON LINKS, allowing the ex arriva B10s 5144-50 (and 4841) to go NORTHERN red. Then when Prince Bishop replacements come 5211/12/13 could join them, allowing 4978-82 to go Northern Red for service 57.
Doing this would give a much needed upgrade to Toon Links.

5214-17 could go Highwayman allowing 4932/33 & 4938/40 to go Red .

This would then give the new Riverside Depot the batch 5201-28.
(06 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Seem's a tad early to repaint them

It will upset some by having Northern vehicles allocated on a daily basis rather than a full allocation of branded vehicles ( Angel ), but a depot tends to only like having one vehicle missing at a time so they're not left with too much of a low spare vehicle allocation percentage.
The Fab Fifty Six has 16 branded vehicles, so that is 16 weeks - we were quoted December/January for the Fab56 B9 order, so it makes sense really.
With the amount of orders, Saltmeadows will struggle to repaint everything on time - otherwise more vehicles could have been repainted per week.

Who is looking forward to the few weeks where "Saltwell Park" branded Versas could potentially be appearing on Washington services? Tongue
(06 Oct 2013, 5:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Daniel just checking your fleet news update, i thought the FAB 56 Solar's would of being left plain for a different brand and not go Northern.

Look at the Metrolink Solars, First one them was done in June which was 4 Months ago and there still not Finished, I believe 4965/66 are still to do. So really there is no time like the present to start repainting them with Saltmeadows due get Bombarded over the Next 3 Months with all the New Buses coming in. Plus you have the Saltwell Park and Drifter Versas along with a few MPD's to also be repainted in next few weeks.

CatsFast101

Where was it confirmed that fab 56 would be repainted during mid-October as it seems early as I thought the Deckers for 56 wouldn't arrive until late this year, like December?

Edit:
(06 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Look at the Metrolink Solars, First one them was done in June which was 4 Months ago and there still not Finished, I believe 4965/66 are still to do. So really there is no time like the present to start repainting them with Saltmeadows due get Bombarded over the Next 3 Months with all the New Buses coming in. Plus you have the Saltwell Park and Drifter Versas along with a few MPD's to also be repainted in next few weeks.

Ah true I suppose Adam.
(06 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]Where was it confirmed that fab 56 would be repainted during mid-October as it seems early as I thought the Deckers for 56 wouldn't arrive until late this year, like December?

On the news article I wrote earlier.
(06 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Look at the Metrolink Solars, First one them was done in June which was 4 Months ago and there still not Finished, I believe 4965/66 are still to do. So really there is no time like the present to start repainting them with Saltmeadows due get Bombarded over the Next 3 Months with all the New Buses coming in. Plus you have the Saltwell Park and Drifter Versas along with a few MPD's to also be repainted in next few weeks.

Could they not let Deptford etc do a few re-paints or has it got to be their?

CatsFast101

(06 Oct 2013, 6:19 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]On the news article I wrote earlier.

Any other more official confirmation?
(06 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Could they not let Deptford etc do a few re-paints or has it got to be their?

Unfortunately not. Saltmeadows or Thorntons!
Normal depots are only capable of stripping vinyls from buses or applying the odd Northern logo. :p

(06 Oct 2013, 6:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]Any other more offical confirmation?

No. Perhaps I shouldn't have revealed the information until 20/10, eh?
Thought I'd give you all a good ol' #nebexclusive.
8259 is having a few problems. She was meant to work the 0829 38 sevice from Park Lane but an engineer is looking at her now. 628 will be its replacement if the engineer can't fix it.
8 and 78 running late, running in 2's
B10 on M1... still has info on highwayman inside

Sounds terrible
Has there been any more reliability issues with service X7 lately?.
(07 Oct 2013, 8:05 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]B10 on M1... still has info on highwayman inside

Sounds terrible

8242 still has crusader interior
Good job Deptford have removed the interior branding from the Fab56 Solars then, isn't it? Wink
Will 513 be out in ''#Tynedale Links'' brand?
(07 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm)W179SCU wrote [ -> ]Will 513 be out in ''#Tynedale Links'' brand?

Yes. Both 506 and 513 were out as planned today. Photos to come in an hour! Wink
Fleet news from fleet allocation list:

506 513 returned to service at Saltmeadows
3872 4844 Stanley to Chester le Street
3886 Chester le Street to Stanley

4866 is now in the withdrawn area on Fleet allocation.

Also..

Following customer requests and discussions with Northumberland County Council, we are pleased to announce that an earlier journey from Blyth will be introduced on service 309 from Monday 14th October 2013 to provide more buses for commuters.

This journey will commence from Blyth Bus Station at 0608, operating via Seaton Sluice Avenue Roundabout at 0617, Old Hartley Square at 0620 and Whitley Bay Cemetery at 0623, arriving Cobalt Buisness Park at 0642 and Newcastle Haymarket 0707.

On today's VOSA:
PB0003954/304 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Blyth Bus Station and Newcastle Haymarket Bus Station given service number 309 effective from 14-Oct-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/255 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Newbiggin Hall Est and Walbottle Campus given service number 132 effective from 07-Oct-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/578 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Two Ball Lonnen, Lemington and Walbottle Campus given service number 140/143 effective from 07-Oct-2013. To amend Timetable.