North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(13 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Weardale use space at elddis in consett, they do a bit for nexus so maybe it ends at team valley before doing the 882 or vice versa.

The school services are all operated under Contract to Nexus who decide how the trips fit together, so they will need to look at why the 878 is late.

The new depot should be complete before the end of December, but the buses won't move in until the end of January.
(13 Oct 2013, 4:53 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]The school services are all operated under Contract to Nexus who decide how the trips fit together, so they will need to look at why the 878 is late.

The new depot should be complete before the end of December, but the buses won't move in until the end of January.

I do remember redby doing a st wilfreds school run then running onto a st josephs school run which used to come in as the rest of the buses were loaded up and ready to go.
(13 Oct 2013, 11:40 am)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]Are all the new buses having wifi and next stop announcements? The Streetlites etc.
and I can just imagine Geordie Shore doing th announcements Charlotte & Gaz on the X1! Haha

The last I heard the plan was:
"Next stop" on all buses except Salwell Park
"Wi-fi" on all buses except Saltwell Park & Venture
(13 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]The last I heard the plan was:
"Next stop" on all buses except Salwell Park
"Wi-fi" on all buses except Saltwell Park & Venture

Not sure about anyone else, but the 'Next stop' announcements are soul destroying.
Even more so when they are wrong. Pulling into the Galleries on an x1, 'Gary' announced the next stop was Springwell Village.
I pity the short sighted person who got off and spent half an hour wandering around the bus station looking for the village hall and their W.I friends!
(13 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]Weardale use space at elddis in consett, they do a bit for nexus so maybe it ends at team valley before doing the 882 or vice versa.

Last school year, don't know about this term, Weardale 882 was outstationed at a haulage depot in Birtley. Other Weardale vehicles on Nexus work come from their Consett depot in industrial estate at Knitsley.
The only item submitted to VOSA today is as follows:

PB0003954/577 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between West Road and Kenton Comprehensive School given service number 110/111 effective from 07-Oct-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.
(13 Oct 2013, 4:53 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]The school services are all operated under Contract to Nexus who decide how the trips fit together, so they will need to look at why the 878 is late.

On the Nexus website, the "Gateshead school bus services" link shows all the scholars timetables and the 878 as departing at 1530, all the Cardinal Hume buses have different departure times.

CatsFast101

Sunderland North consultation is on board buses. Picked it up of SPD 8231.
Basic proposals are:-
The 36/36A to be withdrawn replaced by X36/26.
The 26 is to be increased to every 20 minutes, terminating at Boldon Asda, however from Sunderland Interchange it will extend to Doxford International via Ryhope. 26 will also serve Town End Farm.
The X36 to operate every 30 minutes between Newcastle & Sunderland, via Carley Hill & Witherwack.
The 9 to operate every 15 minutes between Sunderland-Boldon Asda-Jarrow. Extending every 30 minutes as present to North Shields.
The 99 continues unchanged. And new peak time commenters service between Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside.

It looks as if the short 39's will be replaced by the new 26 and the X3 looks to be withdrawn, should these proposals to ahead.
So is there just one change from the last North Sunderland consultation - the 26 being extended to Doxford Park? Christ.

Regarding the short 39s - they were always going to be withdrawn when the 39 was upgraded to a 10 minute frequency.

CatsFast101

(14 Oct 2013, 4:35 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]So is there just one change from the last North Sunderland consultation - the 26 being extended to Doxford Park? Christ.

Regarding the short 39s - they were always going to be withdrawn when the 39 was upgraded to a 10 minute frequency.

What do you mean the 10 minute frequency? If the 39 goes to every 10 minutes across route it's effectively only extending the shorts to Pennywell. However I doubt the 39 is going every 10 minutes AND the 26 every 20 minutes. That would give 9 buses per hour between Sunderland Interchange & Doxford International, up by 6 on this time last year I don't think the demand is that great.
If these proposals go through I'm almost certain it'll be the 39 every 20 minutes and the 26 every 20 minutes.

But your right a lot of these changes were basically from the last one.
Once again more changes for North Sunderland, think castletown would be happy with a 20 min bus

Knew the 39 wouldnt last.
(14 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]What do you mean the 10 minute frequency? If the 39 goes to every 10 minutes across route it's effectively only extending the shorts to Pennywell. However I doubt the 39 is going every 10 minutes AND the 26 every 20 minutes. That would give 9 buses per hour between Sunderland Interchange & Doxford International, up by 6 on this time last year I don't think the demand is that great.
If these proposals go through I'm almost certain it'll be the 39 every 20 minutes and the 26 every 20 minutes.

Have it your way. 8306-09 are not heading into "SimpliCity" livery to join 8320-24 for use on service 39.
You don't believe anything I say anyway, regardless of whether it has been confirmed by our Go North East representatives or not. Dodgy

Out of curiosity, when were these plans dated to go ahead? I can't imagine them being so soon as mid-November?
Due to an incident on Shields Road, service 27 is diverted via Bill Quay towards South Shields. Towards Newcastle via Mill Lane, A194 and Felling By-pass to Heworth.

Also, service X21 and 50 are subject to short notice diversion, due to an incident near Washington Services
(14 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]What do you mean the 10 minute frequency? If the 39 goes to every 10 minutes across route it's effectively only extending the shorts to Pennywell. However I doubt the 39 is going every 10 minutes AND the 26 every 20 minutes. That would give 9 buses per hour between Sunderland Interchange & Doxford International, up by 6 on this time last year I don't think the demand is that great.

It looks like the 39 will be only between Pennywell and the town - which probables won't happen - due to lost link's etc so by me it looks like:

9 - Current route - Jarrow Every 15 mins then to North shields - every 30 mins.

26 - Doxford Park - City Centre - Southwick - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Town End Farm - boldon Asda - Every 20 mins

X36 - Sunderland - Southwick - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Boldn ASDA - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle - every 30 mins

39 - Pennywell - City Centre - Every 20 mins

99 - Same route/times

33 - (random number) - Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside - peak times only.
Michael, I can assure you that the 39 would never be curtailed at the City Centre from Pennywell.
(14 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Michael, I can assure you that the 39 would never be curtailed at the City Centre from Pennywell.

Can't see it happening either Links would be lost
(14 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]Sunderland North consultation is on board buses. Picked it up of SPD 8231.
Basic proposals are:-
The 36/36A to be withdrawn replaced by X36/26.
The 26 is to be increased to every 20 minutes, terminating at Boldon Asda, however from Sunderland Interchange it will extend to Doxford International via Ryhope. 26 will also serve Town End Farm.
The X36 to operate every 30 minutes between Newcastle & Sunderland, via Carley Hill & Witherwack.
The 9 to operate every 15 minutes between Sunderland-Boldon Asda-Jarrow. Extending every 30 minutes as present to North Shields.
The 99 continues unchanged. And new peak time commenters service between Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside.

It looks as if the short 39's will be replaced by the new 26 and the X3 looks to be withdrawn, should these proposals to ahead.

Has anybody got a copy of the north sunderland consulation proposals that there can scan and put on northeastbus website?
(14 Oct 2013, 5:31 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Has anybody got a copy of the north sunderland consulation proposals that there can scan and put on northeastbus website?

As soon as it appears online, I'll PDF the survey questions, as they disappear after the consultation has closed.
Is it just me, but after all of the changes in Sunderland, I would have thought GNE would have cracked it by now...
Obviously not.

It doesn't take a genius to work out a settled network attracts passengers...