North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This photo is of an interesting angle....I thought there was a pretty high fence there?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamsonm...otostream/

CatsFast101

(24 Oct 2013, 6:01 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Last week: 8302, 4934
This week: 8303, 4935

I'm told 8306 was put in for repaint early because it was recently involved in an RTA.

An RTA? Can't remember hearing of that. Nothing to serious?
(24 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm)CatsFast101 wrote [ -> ]An RTA? Can't remember hearing of that. Nothing to serious?

Not sure - those were the only details I was given unfortunately.
(24 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]This photo is of an interesting angle....I thought there was a pretty high fence there?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/williamsonm...otostream/

Raising the camera up high helps Tongue
(24 Oct 2013, 6:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not sure - those were the only details I was given unfortunately.

Prob explains why it's been awol whilst I was trying to get it to clear the current crop of Versas.

As for brands. (I name 10 for each, and I'm not including the Nine / X36/X37 has they well weren't proper since the brands weren't implimented properly. Some are also pre Peter Huntley.

Top 10.
Red Kite
X10 (Original)
Coaster (as used on the Tridents).
Why Aye Five Oh.
Route 19 (Original)
Centurian (Red Version)
X40 Great Park & Ride
Bargain Bus
Team Valley Clipper
Fast Cats

Bottom 10.
Park & Ride X67
Showstopper
Magic Roundabout
Black Cats
Laser (Current Version)
Metrocentre X66 (Citaro version)
Fab 56
Cobalt Clipper (Current Version)
Commuter Club X90
Saltwell Parks (Versa Version)
(24 Oct 2013, 7:01 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Prob explains why it's been awol whilst I was trying to get it to clear the current crop of Versas.

As for brands. (I name 10 for each, and I'm not including the Nine / X36/X37 has they well weren't proper since the brands weren't implimented properly. Some are also pre Peter Huntley.

Top 10.
Red Kite
X10 (Original)
Coaster (as used on the Tridents).
Why Aye Five Oh.
Route 19 (Original)
Centurian (Red Version)
X40 Great Park & Ride
Bargain Bus
Team Valley Clipper
Fast Cats

Bottom 10.
Park & Ride X67
Showstopper
Magic Roundabout
Black Cats
Laser (Current Version)
Metrocentre X66 (Citaro version)
Fab 56
Cobalt Clipper (Current Version)
Commuter Club X90
Saltwell Parks (Versa Version)

I'm surprised the original Angel didn't make it into your top 10. One of the best ones they done I still think.
Which routes do Deptfors Nexus Solo's run on? and Do GNE operate any journeys on the 37?
(24 Oct 2013, 7:36 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Which routes do Deptfors Nexus Solo's run on? and Do GNE operate any journeys on the 37?

Yeah they operate one board and compass operate the other I believe?
(24 Oct 2013, 7:36 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]Which routes do Deptfors Nexus Solo's run on? and Do GNE operate any journeys on the 37?

37 and 73 during the day - Not sure about the 37

135/136 on a Evening and Sunday.

Deptford allocate their "Nexus" branded Solo SRs (635 and 636) to services 37, 73 and 135/136.

The 37 is operated by Go North East throughout the day and some additional peak time runs are provided by Compass on evenings.
One board of the 73 is operated by Compass, and the other by Go North East.

These then run onto the 135/136 on nights.
(24 Oct 2013, 4:18 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Fast Cats is truly awful! - It has absolutley no meaning, for one, the service isn't fast, and secondly, it looks terrible! However, we all have opinions!

''The Nine'' bad was terrible too! - Some silver vinyls stuck on the ex-''Orbit'' base. The X36/X37 brand was very bad too, they were very unclear!

Yes Red Kite is good, so is X9 & X10 and the Red Arrows. I like the new blue Coaster and also think the green Angel isn't bad, but the OK Expressway was the best, which is why it must be resurrected on the new vehicles for the X21.
Two further Streetlites have arrived at Saltmeadows.

On a different note, recently repainted 4935 (?) is on 20s today. At Park Lane now.
(24 Oct 2013, 5:54 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Thanks Chris. As I thought. Reason I originally asked is because the starting pay rate is the same at the low cost units as at other depots. I take it Saltmeadows and the likes move onto inferior pay scales compared to other depots then?

I think the low cost units stay on the starting rate, whereas the other depots move up over a 5 year period. Stagecoach Newcastle top rate is north of £10 per hour so I'd assume GNE's top rates wouldn't be too far away.
Recently repainted 8306 on 1600ish 60 from Park Lane
A1 closed southbound at chester. Birtley and A1 are a car park

Expect regulated fun at rush hour

CatsFast101

It appears all drifter Versa's have had interior branding removed (well at least 8302/8304/8309 have).
(25 Oct 2013, 3:17 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]A1 closed southbound at chester. Birtley and A1 are a car park

Expect regulated fun at rush hour

It was closed Northbound earlier on and I was forced off at Durham.

Birtley was busy then (backed up from Blind Lane) and that was at 14:55.
A Trident 21 and x22 looked 'hot and bothered' in the queues
(25 Oct 2013, 3:48 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]It was closed Northbound earlier on and I was forced off at Durham.

Birtley was busy then (backed up from Blind Lane) and that was at 14:55.
A Trident 21 and x22 looked 'hot and bothered' in the queues

GNE Facebook
Service #50 diverted via Tileshed Lane, Boldon Lane and Shields Road as the Railway Crossing is closed. Also delays due to incident on A1.
(25 Oct 2013, 3:59 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]GNE Facebook
Service #50 diverted via Tileshed Lane, Boldon Lane and Shields Road as the Railway Crossing is closed. Also delays due to incident on A1.

Speaking of which, just spotted a whey aye 50 NIS on Vigo Lane in Birtley. Regulated at Galleries?
Not too long ago, it was discussed the peak time 700's were displaying a ''Bus Full'' destination blind. A photo of this can be seen below.

© emdjt42

[Image: 10477608605_0cdca974a0.jpg]