North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Yup =D, Looks like them extra buses have being ordered - it was rumored their was 15 but they ordered 100 - so looks like 13... For the Lime maybe

Of course could also mean the coaches for the gained National Express work Tongue
(10 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Of course could also mean the coaches for the gained National Express work Tongue

Maybe Tongue
(10 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]More than likely will be 11.7m Versas I think, Don't forget the Prince Bishops getting Geminis in March also I it was said.

One of our Go North East representatives has already confirmed that this was nothing more than an enthusiast rumour. Regardless of any discussion that may or may not have taken place at the back end of last year or the start of this year in relation to July's orders, it was an enthusiast rumour.

(10 Oct 2013, 3:28 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]The thing I want to know is, what is going to happen with the Streetlite Demo once the Versas go on the 58, is it staying with GNE to be tested on another route or is it going elsewhere as I reckon it should be tested on the M2/M3.

Why would it be tested on the M2/M3? The 58 travels on all different types of road surfaces - hills, straights, etc. It also goes at various speeds too, so this was all tested on the 58.
[quote='Daniel' pid='15885' dateline='1381421105']

One of our Go North East representatives has already confirmed that this was nothing more than an enthusiast rumour. Regardless of any discussion that may or may not have taken place at the back end of last year or the start of this year in relation to July's orders, it was an enthusiast rumour.

The extra buses are no doubt for the Lime.. I can feel it haha
(10 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ][quote='Daniel' pid='15885' dateline='1381421105']

The extra buses are no doubt for the Lime.. I can feel it haha

I can feel it in my waters Smile
(10 Oct 2013, 5:09 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]I can feel it in my waters Smile

Wonder what kind of buses they are.... hmmmm!!!!!
DeeDog Sharer > Go North East 3 hours ago near Gateshead ·
what happened to the waggonway bus, passed it on Lamsley today with the whole front end smashed in, hope everyone got off ok?
Like · Comment

Looks like gtomlinson will have at least one less DAF to contend with.
It possibly could be off to the great scrap yard in the sky earlier than expected!
(10 Oct 2013, 9:54 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Didn't get fleet number, but one of the Pronto's has electrical problems.
Could be water ingress, but his rear brake and indicator lights are like Blackpool Illuminations!

Edit: Red Arrows running regulated.
Working in pairs into Eldon Square, the ex-ttx has switched to NIS and is running light. An ex-London President came in just in front of it, picked up passengers.

The pronto bus was 6041 seen in chester at 9.25ish, was due to be replaced at 10.35.

2 more volvo B9s in chester FJ11 GJO & GLK
(10 Oct 2013, 7:47 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]The pronto bus was 6041 seen in chester at 9.25ish, was due to be replaced at 10.35.

2 more volvo B9s in chester FJ11 GJO & GLK

I saw it in Gateshead heading into Newcastle about 9.45ish, so probs the same one.
Flew straight out of Eldon Square to head south again.
(10 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Looks like gtomlinson will have at least one less DAF to contend with.
It possibly could be off to the great scrap yard in the sky earlier than expected!

I believe the waggonway involved in todays accident at lamesley was 4985 & i would assume i wont get repaired due to it being withdrawn within 2 weeks anyway.
(10 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm)nk55 wrote [ -> ]I believe the waggonway involved in todays accident at lamesley was 4985 & i would assume i wont get repaired due to it being withdrawn within 2 weeks anyway.

No, it was 4983
(10 Oct 2013, 7:07 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Looks like gtomlinson will have at least one less DAF to contend with.

[Image: keep-calm-and-keep-scrapping-dafs.png]

On a serious note, I don't know where the accident occurred but the bends and turns on that road and general poor road condition from when you pass the Holly's in Birtley down through into Lamesley are awful
(10 Oct 2013, 5:40 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder what kind of buses they are.... hmmmm!!!!!

Ones where the wheels on the bus goes round and round? Tongue
(11 Oct 2013, 9:30 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Ones where the wheels on the bus goes round and round? Tongue

The bell's of the bus go ding na ding a ling!!! haha
(11 Oct 2013, 9:35 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]The bell's of the bus go ding na ding a ling!!! haha

Not if it is anything like the Solo Pheonix have used on the 333.
It sounds like a door bell!
(11 Oct 2013, 10:13 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not if it is anything like the Solo Pheonix have used on the 333.
It sounds like a door bell!

Most Solos are the same!
(11 Oct 2013, 10:19 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Most Solos are the same!

Learn something new every day.
I have been on the Arriva M3 a few times over the last few months and have to say, I never noticed it on there.
Services 51, 52, 58, 58X, 67, 68, 69, 93 and 94 will return to normal route at Felling Square from 5pm. The shuttle bus will continue to operate until 6pm.
An ex-London Northern President hasn't long been dropped off at Volvo Truck & Bus in Crowther.

Not sure if it is routine work or if Volvo are testers like Scania are.
Something happening around Washington? 50s and X1s running in 2s at the moment.